- notice or perceive; "She noted that someone was following her"; "mark my words" (同)mark, note
- the act of noticing or paying attention; "he escaped the notice of the police" (同)observation, observance
- a short critical review; "the play received good notices"
- advance notification (usually written) of the intention to withdraw from an arrangement of contract; "we received a notice to vacate the premises"; "he gave notice two months before he moved"
- an announcement containing information about an event; "you didnt give me enough notice"; "an obituary notice"; "a notice of sale
- polite or favorable attention; "his hard work soon attracted the teachers notice"
- express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with; "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in ones own writing" (同)acknowledge
- observe with care or pay close attention to; "Take note of this chemical reaction" (同)take note, observe
- a promise to pay a specified amount on demand or at a certain time; "I had to co-sign his note at the bank" (同)promissory_note, note of hand
- a characteristic emotional quality; "it ended on a sour note"; "there was a note of gaiety in her manner"; "he detected a note of sarcasm"
- a comment or instruction (usually added); "his notes were appended at the end of the article"; "he added a short notation to the address on the envelope" (同)annotation, notation
- a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound; "the singer held the note too long" (同)musical note, tone
- a short personal letter; "drop me a line when you get there" (同)short letter, line, billet
- a brief written record; "he made a note of the appointment"
- a tone of voice that shows what the speaker is feeling; "there was a note of uncertainty in his voice"
- make mention of; "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing" (同)observe, mention, remark
- make a written note of; "she noted everything the teacher said that morning" (同)take_down
- serve as a means of entrance; "This ticket will admit one adult to the show"
- declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten" (同)acknowledge
- afford possibility; "This problem admits of no solution"; "This short story allows of several different interpretations" (同)allow
- allow to enter; grant entry to; "We cannot admit non-members into our club building"; "This pipe admits air" (同)allow in, let in, intromit
- allow participation in or the right to be part of; permit to exercise the rights, functions, and responsibilities of; "admit someone to the profession"; "She was admitted to the New Jersey Bar" (同)let in, include
- give access or entrance to; "The French doors admit onto the yard"
- receive (a report) officially, as from a committee
- admit into a group or community; "accept students for graduate study"; "Well have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member" (同)admit, take, take_on
- give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to; "I cannot accept your invitation"; "I go for this resolution" (同)consent, go for
- tolerate or accommodate oneself to; "I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"; "I swallowed the insult"; "She has learned to live with her husbands little idiosyncrasies" (同)live with, swallow
- be designed to hold or take; "This surface will not take the dye" (同)take
- receive willingly something given or offered; "The only girl who would have him was the millers daughter"; "I wont have this dog in my house!"; "Please accept my present" (同)take, have
- be sexually responsive to, used of a female domesticated mammal; "The cow accepted the bull"
- consider or hold as true; "I cannot accept the dogma of this church"; "accept an argument"
- react favorably to; consider right and proper; "People did not accept atonal music at that time"; "We accept the idea of universal health care"
- observe or determine by looking; "Watch how the dog chases the cats away"
- a period of time (4 or 2 hours) during which some of a ships crew are on duty
- the period during which someone (especially a guard) is on duty
- a small portable timepiece (同)ticker
- a purposeful surveillance to guard or observe (同)vigil
- observe with attention; "They watched as the murderer was executed" (同)look on
- be vigilant, be on the lookout or be careful; "Watch out for pickpockets!" (同)look_out, watch out
- follow with the eyes or the mind; "Keep an eye on the baby, please!"; "The world is watching Sarajevo"; "She followed the men with the binoculars" (同)observe, follow, watch over, keep an eye on
- see or watch; "view a show on television"; "This program will be seen all over the world"; "view an exhibition"; "Catch a show on Broadway"; "see a movie" (同)view, see, catch, take_in
- look attentively; "watch a basketball game"
- feel concern or interest; "I really care about my work"; "I dont care"
- the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needs constant attention" (同)attention, aid, tending
- attention and management implying responsibility for safety; "he is in the care of a bodyguard" (同)charge, tutelage, guardianship
- activity involved in maintaining something in good working order; "he wrote the manual on car care" (同)maintenance, upkeep
- a cause for feeling concern; "his major care was the illness of his wife"
- provide care for; "The nurse was caring for the wounded" (同)give care
- someone who gives formal notice
- someone who takes notice; "a careful noticer of details"
- a public announcement by a law enforcement agency that they desire to question or arrest some person (同)wanted poster
- not noticeable; not drawing attention; "her clothes were simple and unnoticeable"- J.G.Cozzens
- observe with special attention; "Take notice of the great architecture"
- the quality of being not easily noticed
- being perceived or observed; "an easily noticed effect on the rate of growth"
- 〈U〉『人目を引くこと』,注意,注目,関心 / 〈U〉『通告,通知』,警告;(契約解除の正式な)通知,予告 / 〈C〉(…の)『掲示』,はり紙,びら《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉《しばしば複数形で》(新聞・雑誌などにのる)批評,紹介 / (赤ちゃんが)知恵がつく / (視覚・聴覚など五感で)…‘に'『気がつく』,‘を'認める;(心で)‥‘に'気がつく(進行形にできない) / …‘に'注意を払う,関心を持つ
- 〈C〉《複数形で》『覚え書き』,控え,メモ / 〈C〉(本文に対する)『注』,駐釈 / 〈C〉(形式ばらない)『短い手紙』,短信;外交上の文書 / 〈U〉『注目』,注意 / 〈U〉『重要性』(importance);顕著 / 〈C〉《単数形で》(声の)調子,(感情などの)しるし,兆候《+『of』+『名』》 / =promissory note / 〈C〉『紙幣』 / 〈C〉音楽;音符;(ピアノなどの)けん / …‘を'『書き留める』,記す / …‘に'『注意する』;…Iと'気づく / (取り立てて)…‘に'ついて言う,‘を'習す
- (場所・会・学校などへ)…'を'『入れる』,‘に'入ることを許す《+『名』+『to』(『into』)+『名』》 / 〈事実・要求・誤りなど〉'を'『認める』,受け入れる / 〈場所・建物などが〉〈人・物〉'を'収容できる
- (喜んで)〈物〉'を'『受け取る』,〈事〉'を'受け入れる / 〈提案・決定など〉'を'受諾する,〈事態・運命など〉に従う;(特に)…‘に'しかたなく同意する / 〈弁解・説明・理論など〉'を'『認める』,容認する / 〈責任・任務など〉'を'『引き受ける』 / 〈人〉'を'受け入れる,仲間(身内)に入れる / 〈手形〉'を'引き受ける
- …‘を'『じっと見つめる』,凝視する / …‘を'『見張る』,見守る,監視する,‘の'番をする / …‘を'『世話する』,看護する / …‘に'『注意する』,気をつける / 『じっと見る』,見守る / 『見張りをする』,監視する,警戒する / 《文》夜寝ないでいる;寝ずに看病する / 〈C〉《しばしば複合語を作って》(携帯用の)『時計』, / 〈U〉《時に a watch》『横張り』,警戒,用心 / 〈C〉見張り(監視)時間;〈U〉当直 / 〈C〉《しばしば the watch》番人,看守,警備員
- 〈U〉『心配』,気がかり,悩み / 〈C〉《しばしば複数形で》心配事,苦労の種 / 〈U〉『細心の注意』,十二分の用心 / 〈U〉(…の)『世話』,監督,保護《+『for(of)+名』》 / 〈C〉関心事,気を配るべきこと / 『気にする』,心配する,関心がある / …『したいと思う』,欲する,好む
For other uses, see Notice (disambiguation).
||This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2009)
Notice is the legal concept in which a party is made aware of a legal process affecting their rights, obligations or duties. There are several types of notice: public notice (or legal notice), actual notice, constructive notice, and implied notice.
- 1 Service of process
- 2 Notice and knowledge
- 3 See also
- 4 Further reading
Service of process[edit source | edit]
At common law, notice is the fundamental principle in service of process. In this case, the service of process puts the defendant "on notice" of the allegations contained within a criminal defendant to be notified of the charges and their grounds.
If a court bases personal jurisdiction over an out-of-state or foreign defendant on a long-arm statute, the court must carefully select a means of notifying the defendant to comply with the notice requirement of due process. Sometimes this is done by serving agents of the defendant located within the state. Because out-of-state defendants can't always be located easily, some state or local laws may allow for selication. An example of this would be printing a notice of the lawsuit in a newspaper published where the defendant is believed to reside. Because the failure of a defendant to appear in court results in a default judgment against him, such measures must be sufficiently calculated to give actual notice to the defendant to satisfy due process.
In the core case setting forth constitutional notice requirements, the U.S. Supreme Court held that notice must be "reasonably calculated, under all the circumstances, to apprise interested parties of the pendency of the action and afford them an opportunity to present their objections." Moreover, defendants must be notified by the "best practical means" available.
Notice and knowledge[edit source | edit]
Many statutes include that the accused knowingly have acted in violation. When a party is "put on notice" that they are in violation, continued action in violation may be sufficient to evidence knowledge.
See also[edit source | edit]
- Actual notice
- Constructive notice
- Funding Opportunity Announcement
- Judicial notice
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (administrative law)
- Previous notice (parliamentary procedure)
- Public notice
Further reading[edit source | edit]
- Pomeroy, John Norton; Symons, Spencer W. "Knowledge and Notice Distinguished". A Treatise on Equity Jurisprudence 2 (5th ed.). San Francisco: Bancroft-Whitney. § 592. OCLC 1558400.
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Reproductive 'surrogacy' and parental licensing.
- Overall C.
- Bioethics.Bioethics.2015 Jun;29(5):353-61. doi: 10.1111/bioe.12107. Epub 2014 Aug 1.
- A serious moral weakness of reproductive 'surrogacy' is that it can be harmful to the children who are created. This article presents a proposal for mitigating this weakness. Currently, the practice of commercial 'surrogacy' operates only in the interests of the adults involved (the gestator and the
- PMID 25082172
- Immunohistochemical study of KiSS1 and KiSS1R expression in human primary breast cancer: Association with breast cancer receptor status, proliferation markers and clinicopathological features.
- Jarzabek K1, Koda M2, Kozlowski L3, Milewski R4, Wolczynski S5.
- Histology and histopathology.Histol Histopathol.2015 Jun;30(6):715-23. doi: 10.14670/HH-30.715. Epub 2014 Dec 23.
- Recent studies have raised doubts about the protective role of KiSS1/KiSS1R in breast malignancy progression. However, the role of the KiSS1/KiSS1R system in primary breast cancer remains largely unknown. The aim of the present study was to characterize the biology and invasiveness potential of prim
- PMID 25535062
- Ambulatory respiratory rate trends identify patients at higher risk of worsening heart failure in implantable cardioverter defibrillator and biventricular device recipients: a novel ambulatory parameter to optimize heart failure management.
- Goetze S1, Zhang Y, An Q, Averina V, Lambiase P, Schilling R, Trappe HJ, Winter S, Wold N, Manola L, Kestens D.
- Journal of interventional cardiac electrophysiology : an international journal of arrhythmias and pacing.J Interv Card Electrophysiol.2015 Jun;43(1):21-9. doi: 10.1007/s10840-015-9983-6. Epub 2015 Apr 12.
- PURPOSE: Respiratory distress is the primary driver for heart failure (HF) hospitalization. Implantable pacemakers and defibrillators are capable of monitoring respiratory rate (RR) in ambulatory HF patients. We investigated changes in RR prior to HF hospitalizations and its near-term risk stratific
- PMID 25863797
- Accessory mental foramen: an anatomical study on dry mandibles and review of the literature.
- Paraskevas G1, Mavrodi A, Natsis K.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery.Oral Maxillofac Surg.2015 Jun;19(2):177-81. doi: 10.1007/s10006-014-0474-1. Epub 2014 Nov 15.
- PURPOSE: Since numerous surgical procedures in oral and maxillofacial surgery as well as several aspects of dental practice involve the mental region, the knowledge of its anatomical variations is essential for the clinician. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to evaluate the incidence and
- PMID 25394607
- アメリカ法判例研究(11) I 下品な放送内容についてのFCCの基準と放送局への公正な告知-FCC v. Fox Television Stations, Inc. , 132 S. Ct. 2307(2012)-
- 鍛冶 博之,カジ ヒロユキ,Kaji Hiroyuki
- 社会科学 43(1), 49-76, 2013-05-31
- … This paper seeks to take notice of Tei-Kashidama Eigyo, and to clarify its historical progress from the appearance to the spread all over the country (Chapter 1) and factors of the popularization (Chapter 2) . …
- NAID 120005298594
- 清水 葵,鈴木 優,上田 博唯
- 情報処理学会研究報告. EC, エンタテインメントコンピューティング 2013-EC-28(2), 1-6, 2013-05-10
- 服装をコーディネートすることが苦手なユーザは,似たような組み合わせの服装を何度も着用したり,同じような服を購入しがちである.これを改善するための服装コーディネートシステムを提案する.ここでは,気づき,理解,納得の 3 つのステップからなるチャンス発見メカニズムを応用して,ユーザのそれまでの価値観の組み合わせには無かったようなコーディネーションを身につけさせることを目指した.ユーザが着用した服装の履 …
- NAID 110009579819
- Effects of Landiolol Hydrochloride on Intractable Tachyarrhythmia After Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Tokunaga Chiho,Hiramatsu Yuji,Kanemoto Shinya,Takahashi-Igari Miho,Abe Masakazu,Horigome Hitoshi,Sakakibara Yuzuru,徳永 千穂,平松 祐司,金本 真也,高橋 実穂,堀米 仁志,榊原 謙
- The annals of thoracic surgery 95(5), 1685-1688, 2013-05-00
- BackgroundWhile β-blockers can be effective in controlling tachyarrhythmias after pediatric cardiac surgery, a negative inotropic influence sometimes complicates their use. Landiolol hydrochloride is …
- NAID 120005296346
- Phone. 0 6 - 6 9 4 9 - 4 1 8 7 Fax. 0 6 - 6 9 4 9 - 4 1 8 0 大阪市中央区大手通1-3-7-101 〒540-0021 Copyright (c) NOTICE.All Rights Reserved. Since 2000
- NOTICE,ノーティス,リアル,物理,physical,facebook,notifier,フェイスブック,ガジェット,グッズ ... NOTICEは、facebookのお知らせ機能が現実のハードウェアになったプロダクトです。あなたに届くfacebookの友達申請、メッセージ、そしてお知らせを ...
- notice 【自動】気が付く、分かる 【他動】 〔目で見て〕～がいる[ある]ことが... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- A 27-year-old woman is admitted to the emergency department complaining of pain across her back.(背中に広がる痛みを訴えて、27歳の女性が救急部に運ばれてきた(？))
- He admitted to having at least one seizure in the OR(operating room) that was so brief that no one observed it.(彼は手術室で少なくとも一度はてんかん発作を起こしたことを告白した。そしてそれは非常に短くて誰も気づかなかった。)
- care should be taken in combining a beta-blocker with a nondihydropyridine calcium channel blocker.
- anxiety、anxious、anxiously、attend、attendance、attention、attentional、care for、caregiving、caring、caution、cautiously、concern、cure、curing、fear、heed、nervous、note、notice、nursing、nursing care、practice、precaution、remediation、remedy、therapeutic、therapy、treat、treatment、trouble、uneasy、watch、worrisome、worry
- general rule