- a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits (同)leeway, margin, tolerance
- the act of allowing; "He objected to the allowance of smoking in the dining room"
- an amount added or deducted on the basis of qualifying circumstances; "an allowance for profit" (同)adjustment
- a sum granted as reimbursement for expenses
- an amount allowed or granted (as during a given period); "travel allowance"; "my weekly allowance of two eggs"; "a childs allowance should not be too generous"
- put on a fixed allowance, as of food
- the act of tolerating something
- the power or capacity of an organism to tolerate unfavorable environmental conditions
- willingness to recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others
- grant as a discount or in exchange; "The camera store owner allowed me $50 on my old camera"
- give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause; "I will earmark this money for your research"; "She sets aside time for meditation every day" (同)appropriate, earmark, set aside, reserve
- let have; "grant permission"; "Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison" (同)grant
- allow the presence of or allow (an activity) without opposing or prohibiting; "We dont allow dogs here"; "Children are not permitted beyond this point"; "We cannot tolerate smoking in the hospital" (同)permit, tolerate
- allow or plan for a certain possibility; concede the truth or validity of something; "I allow for this possibility"; "The seamstress planned for 5% shrinkage after the first wash" (同)take_into_account
- give religious sanction to, such as through on oath; "sanctify the marriage"
- a mechanism of social control for enforcing a societys standards
- the act of final authorization; "it had the sanction of the church"
- formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the unions endorsement" (同)countenance, endorsement, indorsement, warrant, imprimatur
- give authority or permission to
- consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I wont let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam" (同)allow, let, countenance
- large game fish; found in waters of the West Indies (同)Trachinotus falcatus
- recognize and respect (rights and beliefs of others); "We must tolerate the religions of others"
- have a tolerance for a poison or strong drug or pathogen or environmental condition; "The patient does not tolerate the anti-inflammatory drugs we gave him"
- approval to do something; "he asked permission to leave"
- an allowance for changes in the consumer price index
- a sum allowed for travel (同)travel reimbursement
- an allowance for loss due to depreciation
- 『割り当て』;(定期的な)手当,こづかい / 値引き,割引き
- (自分と異なる他人の意見・行動などを許す)寛大,寛容・我慢（がまん）,忍耐力 / (薬品・毒物などに対する)耐性,抗毒性 / 公差,許容誤差
- 〈事〉'を'『許す』,〈人〉‘に'許可を与える / 〈金〉'を'与える,やる / (…のために)…'を'用意しておく,見越しておく《+『名』+『for』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 《まれ》…'を'認める
- 〈U〉(支配者・当局の)『認可』,許可,裁可《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉(一般に)(…の)承認,支持《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈C〉《複数形で》(国際法で,国際法違反国に加える)『制裁』 / 〈C〉(正式の)処罰,制裁;(道徳律などの)拘速[力] / 〈支配者・当局が〉…‘を'認可する,裁可する,許可する《+『名』(do『ing』)》 / (一般に)…‘を'承認する,支持する;〈…すること〉‘を'承認する《+do『ing』》
- 〈人が〉…‘を'『許可する』 / 〈物事が〉…‘の'機会を与える,‘を'可能にする / 〈事が〉許す / 許可証(書)
- …‘に'『寛大な態度をとる』,‘を'黙認する / …‘を'『がまんする』,耐える / 〈薬品・毒物など〉‘に'耐性がある
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Bayesian adaptive determination of the sample size required to assure acceptably low adverse event risk.
- Lawrence Gould A1, Zhang XD.Author information 1BARDS, Merck Research Laboratories, North Wales, PA, U.S.A.AbstractAn emerging concern with new therapeutic agents, especially treatments for type 2 diabetes, a prevalent condition that increases an individual's risk of heart attack or stroke, is the likelihood of adverse events, especially cardiovascular events, that the new agents may cause. These concerns have led to regulatory requirements for demonstrating that a new agent increases the risk of an adverse event relative to a control by no more than, say, 30% or 80% with high (e.g., 97.5%) confidence. We describe a Bayesian adaptive procedure for determining if the sample size for a development program needs to be increased and, if necessary, by how much, to provide the required assurance of limited risk. The decision is based on the predictive likelihood of a sufficiently high posterior probability that the relative risk is no more than a specified bound. Allowance can be made for between-center as well as within-center variability to accommodate large-scale developmental programs, and design alternatives (e.g., many small centers, few large centers) for obtaining additional data if needed can be explored. Binomial or Poisson likelihoods can be used, and center-level covariates can be accommodated. The predictive likelihoods are explored under various conditions to assess the statistical properties of the method. Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Statistics in medicine.Stat Med.2014 Mar 15;33(6):940-57. doi: 10.1002/sim.5993. Epub 2013 Oct 4.
- An emerging concern with new therapeutic agents, especially treatments for type 2 diabetes, a prevalent condition that increases an individual's risk of heart attack or stroke, is the likelihood of adverse events, especially cardiovascular events, that the new agents may cause. These concerns have l
- PMID 24123089
- A model of teneral dehydration in Glossina.
- Childs SJ.Author information Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, University of the Free State, P.O. Box 339, Bloemfontein, 9300, South Africa. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractThe results of a long-established investigation into teneral transpiration are used as a rudimentary data set. These data are not complete in that all are at 25°C and the temperature-dependence cannot, therefore, be resolved. An allowance is, nonetheless, made for the outstanding temperature-dependent data. The data are generalised to all humidities, levels of activity and, in theory, temperatures, by invoking the property of multiplicative separability. In this way a formulation, which is a very simple, first order, ordinary differential equation, is devised. The model is extended to include a variety of Glossina species by resorting to their relative, resting water loss rates in dry air. The calculated, total water loss is converted to the relevant humidity, at 24°C, that which produced an equivalent water loss in the pupa, in order to exploit an adaption of an established survival relationship. The resulting computational model calculates total, teneral water loss, consequent mortality and adult recruitment. Surprisingly, the postulated race against time, to feed, applies more to the mesophilic and xerophilic species, in that increasing order. So much so that it is reasonable to conclude that, should Glossina brevipalpis survive the pupal phase, it will almost certainly survive to locate a host, without there being any significant prospect of death from dehydration. With the conclusion of this work comes the revelation that the classification of species as hygrophilic, mesophilic and xerophilic is largely true only in so much as their third and fourth instars are and, possibly, the hours shortly before eclosion.
- Acta tropica.Acta Trop.2014 Mar;131:79-91. doi: 10.1016/j.actatropica.2013.11.009. Epub 2013 Dec 9.
- The results of a long-established investigation into teneral transpiration are used as a rudimentary data set. These data are not complete in that all are at 25°C and the temperature-dependence cannot, therefore, be resolved. An allowance is, nonetheless, made for the outstanding temperature-depend
- PMID 24333159
- Effect of stocking rate and calving date on dry matter intake, milk production, body weight, and body condition score in spring-calving, grass-fed dairy cows.
- McCarthy J1, McCarthy B2, Horan B3, Pierce KM4, Galvin N2, Brennan A2, Delaby L5.Author information 1Animal and Grassland Research and Innovation Centre, Teagasc Moorepark, Fermoy, Co. Cork, Ireland; School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.2Animal and Grassland Research and Innovation Centre, Teagasc Moorepark, Fermoy, Co. Cork, Ireland.3Animal and Grassland Research and Innovation Centre, Teagasc Moorepark, Fermoy, Co. Cork, Ireland. Electronic address: email@example.comSchool of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.5INRA, AgroCampus Ouest, UMR 1348, Physiologie, Environnement et Génétique pour l'Animal et les Systèmes d'Elevage, F-35590 Saint-Gilles, France.AbstractThe primary objective of the study was to quantify the effect of stocking rate (SR) and calving date (CD) on milk production, dry matter intake (DMI), energy balance (EB), and milk production efficiency over 4 consecutive years (2009 to 2012). Two groups of Holstein-Friesian dairy cows with different mean CD were established from within the existing research herd at Moorepark (Teagasc, Ireland). Animals were assigned to either an early calving (mean CD February 14) treatment or a late calving (mean CD March 2) treatment. Animals within each CD treatment were randomly allocated to 1 of 3 whole-farm SR treatments: low (LSR; 2.51 cows/ha), medium (MSR; 2.92 cows/ha), and high (HSR; 3.28 cows/ha), and animals remained on the same farmlet for the duration of the study. Individual animal DMI was estimated 3 times per year at grass using the n-alkane technique in March (spring), May (summer), and September (autumn), corresponding to, on average, 45, 132, and 258d in milk, respectively. A total of 138 spring-calving dairy cows were used during each year of the study. The effects of SR, CD, season, and their interaction were studied using mixed models. Individual animal milk production, body weight, body condition score, and the efficiency of milk production were significantly decreased as SR increased due to a reduction in herbage availability. The existence of CD × SR × season interactions for production, DMI, and EB indicate that delaying the herd mean CD can be an effective strategy to minimize the reduction in animal performance, particularly in spring at higher SR. This study further confirms the benefits of a new approach to the evaluation of herbage allowance known as the individual herbage allowance, which encompasses the 3 main factors restricting DMI in rotational grazing; namely, the average daily herbage allowance of the group, the intake capacity of the individual animal within the group, and the relative intake capacity of the animal within the competing herd.
- Journal of dairy science.J Dairy Sci.2014 Mar;97(3):1693-706. doi: 10.3168/jds.2013-7458. Epub 2014 Jan 17.
- The primary objective of the study was to quantify the effect of stocking rate (SR) and calving date (CD) on milk production, dry matter intake (DMI), energy balance (EB), and milk production efficiency over 4 consecutive years (2009 to 2012). Two groups of Holstein-Friesian dairy cows with differen
- PMID 24440250
- [MINERAL COMPOSITION OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF CANARIAN GOFIO; FACTORS AFFECTING THE PRESENCE OF Na, K, Mg, Ca, Mn, Fe, Cn AND Zn].
- Caballero JM, Tejera RL, Caballero A A, Rubio C, González-Weller D, Gutiérrez AJ, Hardisson A.Author information Área de Toxicología. Universidad de La Laguna. La Laguna, Tenerife. España.. firstname.lastname@example.org.Abstractin
English, SpanishEn este trabajo se ha estudiado la composición mineral de Na, K, Mg, Ca, Mn, Fe, Cu y Zn en 181 muestras de diversos tipos de gofio elaborados con diferentes cereales. Las muestras se analizaron mediante espectrometría de emisión óptica con plasma acoplado inductivamente (ICP-OES). Considerando un consumo medio diario de 30 g de gofio en adultos y de 15 g de gofio en niños, se estimaron las ingestas diarias de cada metal y sus contribuciones porcentuales a las IDRs establecidas para la población española. El elemento que presentó la mayor concentración de todos los estudiados fue el K en muestras de gofio de cereales, con una concentración media de 2189 ± 766 mg/kg. El de menor concentración fue el Cu en muestras de gofio de maíz, con 2,05 ± 0,36 mg/kg. Con respecto a la ingesta, cabe destacar que el gofio contribuye de manera significativa a la ingesta de cobre (53,77%- 71,45% de la IDR), en función del grupo de población que se trate y del tipo de gofio.
- Nutrición hospitalaria.Nutr Hosp.2014 Mar 1;29(3):687-94. doi: 10.3305/nh.2014.29.3.7099.
English, SpanishEn este trabajo se ha estudiado la composición mineral de Na, K, Mg, Ca, Mn, Fe, Cu y Zn en 181 muestras de diversos tipos de gofio elaborados con diferentes cereales. Las muestras se analizaron mediante espectrometría de emisión óptica con plasma acoplado inductivamente (
- 減損処理に内在する引当金の要素 (斉藤昭雄名誉教授古稀記念号)
- 貸倒引当金の設定主体と設定客体そして設定対象の会計的特性 (阪口要教授追悼号)
- アメリカ税効果会計における繰延税金資産計上機会拡大と評価性引当金の機能 : 年金会計・退職後医療給付会計に焦点を当てて
- allowance - WordReference English-Japanese Dictionary.
- allowance /əˈlaʊəns/ noun. (grant) gen, Admin allocation f; (from employer) indemnité f;. (tax) abattement m fiscal;. (spending money) (for child) argent m de poche; (for student) argent m (pour vivre); (from trust, guardian) rente f;. ( entitlement) ...
- recommended intake、requirement