- take in and retain; "We have a big barrel to catch the rainwater"
- the quantity that was caught; "the catch was only 10 fish" (同)haul
- contract; "did you catch a cold?"
- a drawback or difficulty that is not readily evident; "it sounds good but whats the catch?" (同)gimmick
- the act of catching an object with the hands; "Mays made the catch with his back to the plate"; "he made a grab for the ball before it landed"; "Martins snatch at the bridle failed and the horse raced away"; "the infielders snap and throw was a single motion" (同)grab, snatch, snap
- a restraint that checks the motion of something; "he used a book as a stop to hold the door open" (同)stop
- a cooperative game in which a ball is passed back and forth; "he played catch with his son in the backyard"
- a fastener that fastens or locks a door or window
- a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect (同)match
- a break or check in the voice (usually a sign of strong emotion)
- anything that is caught (especially if it is worth catching); "he shared his catch with the others"
- attract and fix; "His look caught her"; "She caught his eye"; "Catch the attention of the waiter" (同)arrest, get
- apprehend and reproduce accurately; "She really caught the spirit of the place in her drawings"; "She got the mood just right in her photographs" (同)get
- grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of; "did you catch that allusion?"; "We caught something of his theory in the lecture"; "dont catch your meaning"; "did you get it?"; "She didnt get the joke"; "I just dont get him" (同)get
- perceive by hearing; "I didnt catch your name"; "She didnt get his name when they met the first time" (同)get
- suffer from the receipt of; "She will catch hell for this behavior!" (同)get
- take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of; "Catch the ball!"; "Grab the elevator door!" (同)grab, take hold of
- perceive with the senses quickly, suddenly, or momentarily; "I caught the aroma of coffee"; "He caught the allusion in her glance"; "ears open to catch every sound"; "The dog picked up the scent"; "Catch a glimpse" (同)pick_up
- hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers; "We overheard the conversation at the next table" (同)take_in, overhear
- be struck or affected by; "catch fire"; "catch the mood"
- be the catcher; "Who is catching?"
- become aware of; "he caught her staring out the window"
- cause to become accidentally or suddenly caught, ensnared, or entangled; "I caught the hem of my dress in the brambles"
- check oneself during an action; "She managed to catch herself before telling her boss what was on her mind"
- delay or hold up; prevent from proceeding on schedule or as planned; "I was caught in traffic and missed the meeting"
- discover or come upon accidentally, suddenly, or unexpectedly; catch somebody doing something or in a certain state; "She caught her son eating candy"; "She was caught shoplifting"
- get or regain something necessary, usually quickly or briefly; "Catch some sleep"; "catch ones breath"
- reach in time; "I have to catch a train at 7 oclock"
- spread or be communicated; "The fashion did not catch"
- start burning; "The fire caught"
- succeed in representing or expressing something intangible; "capture the essence of Spring"; "capture an idea"
- a process whereby a star or planet holds an object in its gravitational field
- any process in which an atomic or nuclear system acquires an additional particle
- the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property (同)gaining control, seizure
- the act of taking of a person by force (同)seizure
- the removal of an opponents piece from the chess board
- capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping; "I caught a rabbit in the trap today" (同)catch
- attract; cause to be enamored; "She captured all the mens hearts" (同)enamour, trance, catch, becharm, enamor, captivate, beguile, charm, fascinate, bewitch, entrance, enchant
- bring about the capture of an elementary particle or celestial body and causing it enter a new orbit; "This nucleus has captured the slow-moving neutrons"; "The star captured a comet"
- having concealed difficulty; "a catchy question"; "a tricky recipe to follow" (同)tricky
- unwanted marine creatures that are caught in the nets while fishing for another species; "thousands of dolphins and porpoises and whales are killed as part of the by-catch each year" (同)bycatch
- guard consisting of a locking device that prevents a weapon from being fired (同)safety lock
- see something for a brief time (同)get a look, catch a glimpse
- come down with a cold
- beat with a cat-o-nine-tails
- feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and no ability to roar: domestic cats; wildcats (同)true cat
- a spiteful woman gossip; "what a cat she is!"
- (of disease) capable of being transmitted by infection (同)communicable, contagious, contractable, transmissible, transmittable
- becoming infected; "catching cold is sometimes unavoidable"; "the contracting of a serious illness can be financially catastrophic" (同)contracting
- (baseball) playing the position of catcher on a baseball team
- …'を'『捕らえる』,捕まえる・〈動いている物〉'を'『つかみ取る』,受け止める・〈列車など〉‘に'『間に合う』;追いつく・《おもに受動態で》〈あらしなどが〉…'を'襲う・…'を'偶然見つける,‘に'思いがけなく出くわす・《副詞[句]を伴って》〈人・働物など〉'を'打つ・〈打撃・石・風などが〉…‘に'当たる・(…に)〈人〉‘に'〈打撃など〉'を'与える《+『名』〈間〉+『名』(直)+『on』+『名』》・〈伝染性の病気〉‘に'『かかる』,感染する;(火が)…‘に'燃え移る・(くぎなどに)…'を'引っかける,(網などに)…'を'からませる,(ドアなどに)…'を'はさむ《+『名』+『in』+『名』》・〈注意・関心など〉'を'引き付ける・…'を'聞きとる,理解する・ / …'を'ぐっと押さえる,がまんする・〈短い動作〉'を'す早くする,わずかの間する・《米話》〈劇・テレビ番組など〉'を'見る,聞く・《副詞[句]を伴って》『引っかかる』,からまる・〈かぎが〉かかる,締まる / (野球で)捕手をする・ / 燃え始める;動き始める / 捕まえること,捕獲 / がっちり捕らえて動かなくする物,(戸の)掛け金,(機械の)歯止め・捕らえた物;捕獲量,(特に)漁獲高 / 手に入れる価値のある人(物),(特に)いい結婚相手・キャッチボール,捕球・(声・息の一時的な)途切れ,詰まり;途切れる部分,断片・《話》(人を引っ掛ける)わな,策略
- 〈動物・犯人・敵兵など〉'を'『捕える』,つかまえる / 〈物〉'を'手に入れる / 〈注意・関心など〉'を'ひきつける / 〈U〉(…を)『つかまえること』,(…の)捕獲,逗捕《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉捕虜;捕獲した物(動物)
- 調子がおもしろくて覚えやすい / 引っ掛かりやすい(tricky)
- (病気が)うつりやすい,伝染性の / 人を引きつける,魅哀的な
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Microbiological food safety: a dilemma of developing societies.
- Akhtar S, Sarker MR, Hossain A.Author information Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Department of Food Science and Technology , Multan , Pakistan .AbstractAbstract Current food safety issues are deleteriously reshaping the life style of the population in the developing world. Socioeconomic status of the population in poorer economies is one of the major determinants to delineate the availability of safe food to the vulnerable population. Assessment of the prevalence of foodborne illness in developing world is the most neglected area to control disease. Botulism, Shigellosis, Campylobacteriosis, Escherichia coli infection, Staphylococcus aureus infection, Salmonellosis, Listeriosis and Cholerae are extensively prevalent and pose a major threat to human health in underdeveloped communities. The existing food safety status of many African, South Asian, Central, and South American developing countries is distressing therefore; it seems much timely to highlight the areas for the improvement to ensure the supply of safe food to the population in these regions. Extensive literature search at PubMed, Science Direct and Medline was carried out during the current year to catch on relevant data from 1976 to date, using selective terms like food safety, South East Asia, Africa, Central and South America, and foodborne illness etc. Efforts were made to restrict the search to low income countries of these regions with reference to specific foodborne pathogens. This report briefly discusses the present food safety situation in these developing countries and associated consequences as prime issues, suggesting foodborne illness to be the most distressing threat for human health and economic growth.
- Critical reviews in microbiology.Crit Rev Microbiol.2014 Nov;40(4):348-59. doi: 10.3109/1040841X.2012.742036. Epub 2012 Nov 23.
- Abstract Current food safety issues are deleteriously reshaping the life style of the population in the developing world. Socioeconomic status of the population in poorer economies is one of the major determinants to delineate the availability of safe food to the vulnerable population. Assessment of
- PMID 23173983
- Protein Restoration in Low-Birth-Weight Rat Offspring Derived from Maternal Low-Protein Diet Leads to Elevated Hepatic CYP3A and CYP2C11 Activity in Adulthood.
- Sohi G, Barry EJ, Velenosi TJ, Urquhart BL, Hardy DB.Author information The Children's Health Research Institute (G.S., D.B.H.) and the Lawson Health Research Institute (G.S., D.B.H., B.L.U.), Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (G.S., D.B.H.) and Physiology and Pharmacology (G.S., E.J.B., T.J.V., B.L.U., D.B.H.), University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada.AbstractThe World Health Organization has identified hypercholesterolemia to be one of the major symptoms encompassing the metabolic syndrome. Moreover, epidemiologic evidence indicates that low-birth-weight offspring are at greater risk of developing the metabolic syndrome. Previous work in our laboratory demonstrated that maternal protein restriction (MPR) results in impaired fetal growth and hypercholesterolemia in adulthood. This was attributed to repression of hepatic CYP7A1, a rate-limiting enzyme that catabolizes cholesterol to bile acids. Another important function of hepatic cytochrome P450 enzymes is the phase I oxidative metabolism of drugs (i.e., statins for hypercholesterolemia), which can significantly impact pharmacokinetics. We hypothesized that MPR offspring may have altered ability to metabolize drugs in adulthood. To address this hypothesis, we maintained Wistar rats on a 20% protein diet (control) or a low 8% protein diet throughout prenatal and postnatal life (LP1) or exclusively during prenatal life and weaning (LP2). Intriguingly CYP3A and CYP2C11 intrinsic clearance (Vmax/Km) was significantly increased exclusively in LP2 offspring at postnatal day 130 compared with control or LP1 offspring, as evaluated by testosterone enzyme kinetics in liver microsomes. The increase in activity was secondary to an increase in CYP3A23 and CYP2C11 mRNA. Collectively, these findings suggest that a low-birth-weight offspring with postnatal catch-up growth may have a diminished response to xenobiotics metabolized by CYP3A and CYP2C11 enzymes.
- Drug metabolism and disposition: the biological fate of chemicals.Drug Metab Dispos.2014 Feb;42(2):221-8. doi: 10.1124/dmd.113.053538. Epub 2013 Nov 8.
- The World Health Organization has identified hypercholesterolemia to be one of the major symptoms encompassing the metabolic syndrome. Moreover, epidemiologic evidence indicates that low-birth-weight offspring are at greater risk of developing the metabolic syndrome. Previous work in our laboratory
- PMID 24212381
- Universal hepatitis B vaccination in Belgium: impact on serological markers 3 and 7 years after implementation.
- Theeten H1, Hutse V2, Hoppenbrouwers K3, Beutels P1, VAN Damme P1.Author information 1Center for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, University of Antwerp, Belgium.2Scientific Institute of Public Health, Virology Section, Brussels, Belgium.3Centre of Youth Health Care, University of Leuven, Belgium.AbstractSUMMARY Hepatitis B virus (HBV) can be eliminated by effective universal vaccination. In Belgium, a free-of-charge HBV vaccination programme in infants with catch-up in adolescents was introduced in 1999. To evaluate the effects in <20-year-olds, seroprotection (anti-HBs >11 mIU/ml, according to the assay) and markers of infection (anti-HBc, HBsAg) were assessed in 2443 residual sera collected 7-8 years after implementation of the programme. The maximal prevalence of a solely anti-HBs seroprotective ('vaccinated') serostatus was 82·9% at age 1 year and 60·5% at age 13 years. A clear increase was found in age cohorts targeted by the campaign after a similar serosurvey conducted 4 years earlier. The prevalence of HBV infection remained unchanged at a low level (1·8% in 2006) similar to pre-vaccination data (1993-1994). We conclude that universal HBV vaccination has achieved overall high levels of vaccine-induced immunity, despite regional variations, which may give rise to pockets of susceptible young adults in the future.
- Epidemiology and infection.Epidemiol Infect.2014 Feb;142(2):251-61. doi: 10.1017/S0950268813001064. Epub 2013 May 21.
- SUMMARY Hepatitis B virus (HBV) can be eliminated by effective universal vaccination. In Belgium, a free-of-charge HBV vaccination programme in infants with catch-up in adolescents was introduced in 1999. To evaluate the effects in <20-year-olds, seroprotection (anti-HBs >11 mIU/ml, according
- PMID 23689103
- Baseline subtraction technique in the frequency-wavenumber domain for high sensitivity damage detection.
- McKeon P, Yaacoubi S, Declercq NF, Ramadan S, Yaacoubi WK.Author information UMI Georgia Tech - CNRS 2958, Metz Technopole, 2 rue Marconi, 57070 Metz, France. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractThis paper suggests a method for high-sensitivity damage detection. The method is based on pitch-catch measurements of Lamb waves combined with a baseline subtraction technique in the frequency-wavenumber domain. Small amplitude converted modes, generated during the interaction of propagating waves with damage, can thus be detected with minimal a priori information regarding their expected location in the frequency-wavenumber plane. This method is applied in the present paper to a case of notches with varied depth. Finite element simulations are carried out in the temporal domain to mimic results obtainable in real-world experiments. Two cases are studied, namely when each of the two pure fundamental modes are incident on a notch. The advantages of the method are detailed. The procedure to implement this method is described in the context of Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) or Non-Destructive Testing (NDT).
- Ultrasonics.Ultrasonics.2014 Feb;54(2):592-603. doi: 10.1016/j.ultras.2013.08.010. Epub 2013 Aug 27.
- This paper suggests a method for high-sensitivity damage detection. The method is based on pitch-catch measurements of Lamb waves combined with a baseline subtraction technique in the frequency-wavenumber domain. Small amplitude converted modes, generated during the interaction of propagating waves
- PMID 24035660
- Spatio-temporal distribution and abundance patterns of red crab Pleuroncodes planipes related to ocean temperature from the Pacific coast of the Baja California Peninsula
- Vascular Function and Myocardial Performance Indices in Children Born Small for Gestational Age
- Tail movements in birds—current evidence and new concepts
- Catch - The free, secure way to capture what's important to you. Note taking apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad.
- App Store で Catch Notes のレビューや、カスタマー評価をチェック。Catch Notes を ダウンロードして iPhone、iPad、iPod touch でお楽しみください。
- Catch: ノートパッド、チェックリスト、音声メモ、リマインダーなどなど！ Catchは、 アイディアを逃さない無料のメモ帳アプリケーションです。Catchを使用してアイデアと 発見を自分のすべてのデバイスに取り込み、準備が整ったら、シンプルなモバイル ...
- Scatchard plot
- domestic cat、Felidae、feline、Felis、Felis catus、ocelot
- 1. ファイル内容表示(windows -> type)
- 2. splitで分割したファイルの結合
- cat sophos1.* > newfile.png
- cats, toxoplasmosis