- the relation of comprising something; "he admired the inclusion of so many ideas in such a short work" (同)comprehension
- the state of being included
- the act of including
- to take an action to protect against future problems; "Count the cash in the drawer twice just to cover yourself"
- clothe, as if for protection from the elements; "cover your head!" (同)wrap up
- a recording of a song that was first recorded or made popular by somebody else; "they made a cover of a Beatles song" (同)cover version, cover song
- fire that makes it difficult for the enemy to fire on your own individuals or formations; "artillery provided covering fire for the withdrawal" (同)covering fire
- the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it; "the cover concealed their guns from enemy aircraft" (同)covering, screening, masking
- a false identity and background (especially one created for an undercover agent); "her new name and passport are cover for her next assignment"
- make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities; "he is compensating for being a bad father" (同)compensate, overcompensate
- span an interval of distance, space or time; "The war extended over five years"; "The period covered the turn of the century"; "My land extends over the hills on the horizon"; "This farm covers some 200 acres"; "The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles" (同)continue, extend
- hide from view or knowledge; "The President covered the fact that he bugged the offices in the White House" (同)cover up
- protect by insurance; "The insurance wont cover this" (同)insure, underwrite
- form a cover over; "The grass covered the grave" (同)spread over
- act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China" (同)treat, handle, plow, deal, address
- be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game
- be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of; "Is this enough to cover the check?"
- help out by taking someones place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities; "She is covering for our secretary who is ill this week"
- hold within range of an aimed firearm
- invest with a large or excessive amount of something; "She covered herself with glory"
- maintain a check on; especially by patrolling; "The second officer covered the top floor"
- play a higher card than the one previously played; "Smith covered again"
- protect or defend (a position in a game); "he covered left field"
- provide for; "The grant doesnt cover my salary"
- provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief"; "cover the child with a blanket"; "cover the grave with flowers"
- spread over a surface to conceal or protect; "This paint covers well"
- see and understand, have a good eye; "The artist must first learn to see"
- the seat within a bishops diocese where his cathedral is located
- be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product" (同)check, insure, see to it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure
- deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I dont see the situation quite as negatively as you do" (同)consider, reckon, view, regard
- accompany or escort; "Ill see you to the door" (同)escort
- deliberate or decide; "See whether you can come tomorrow"; "lets see--which movie should we see tonight?"
- go to see for a social visit; "I went to see my friend Mary the other day"
- go to see for professional or business reasons; "You should see a lawyer"; "We had to see a psychiatrist"
- match or meet; "I saw the bet of one of my fellow players"
- observe as if with an eye; "The camera saw the burglary and recorded it"
- perceive by sight or have the power to perceive by sight; "You have to be a good observer to see all the details"; "Can you see the bird in that tree?"; "He is blind--he cannot see"
- receive as a specified guest; "the doctor will see you now"; "The minister doesnt see anybody before noon"
- recognize with gratitude; be grateful for
- increase the value of; "The Germans want to appreciate the Deutsche Mark" (同)apprize, apprise
- gain in value; "The yen appreciated again!" (同)apprize, apprise, revalue
- be fully aware of; realize fully; "Do you appreciate the full meaning of this letter?" (同)take account
- know and comprehend the nature or meaning of; "She did not understand her husband"; "I understand what she means"
- believe to be the case; "I understand you have no previous experience?" (同)infer
- make sense of a language; "She understands French"; "Can you read Greek?" (同)read, interpret, translate
- perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!"; "I just cant see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I dont understand the idea" (同)realize, realise, see
- a sale in order to obtain money (as a sale of stock or a sale of the estate of a bankrupt person) or the money so obtained (同)realisation
- the completion or enrichment of a piece of music left sparsely notated by a composer (同)realisation
- making real or giving the appearance of reality (同)realisation, actualization, actualisation
- something that is made real or concrete; "the victory was the realization of a whole years work" (同)realisation, fruition
- a musical composition that has been completed or enriched by someone other than the composer (同)realisation
- coming to understand something clearly and distinctly; "a growing realization of the risk involved"; "a sudden recognition of the problem he faced"; "increasing recognition that diabetes frequently coexists with other chronic diseases" (同)realisation, recognition
- lacking understanding; "tried to explain to her uncomprehending husband"
- not fully understood; "an uncomprehended mystery"
- 〈性質・意味など〉'を'『理解する』 / …'を'包含する,含む(include)
- 〈U〉(…を)中に含めること,(…の)包含《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉中に含まれた物
- (…で)…‘の'『表面をおおう』,'を'包む,かぶせる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (範囲が)…‘に'『及ぶ』,わたる,'を'取り扱う範囲に入れる / 〈ある距離〉'を'行く,進む(受動態にできない) / …‘に'保険を掛ける / …'を'報道する,取材する / 〈要塞・砲などが〉'を'制圧する / (ピストルなどで)〈人〉'を'ねらう《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (球技などで)〈相手〉の動きなど〉'を'ふせぐ;〈地域など〉'を'守る / (…の)代役をする,身代りをする《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈C〉『おおい』,包むもの,カバー;ふた / 〈C〉『表紙』 / 〈U〉隠れ場所,潜伏所 / 〈U〉姿を隠してくれるもの(暗闇,煙など) / 〈C〉(秘密を隠すための)見せかけ / 〈U〉(…の)保険《+『against』+『名』》 / 〈C〉封筒;(郵便小包などの)包装紙 / 〈C〉毛布,ふとん
- (視野にはいって)…‘が'『見える』,(目にとめて)…‘を'『見る』,(夢・空想の中で)…‘を'見る / 〈名所など〉‘を'『見物する』;〈劇・映画など〉‘を'見る / …‘を'『理解する』,‘が'分かる / …‘を'予見する,予測する / …‘を'判断する / …‘を'調べる,確かめる / …‘を'取り計らう,…‘に'気を配る / (…まで)〈人〉‘と'いっしょに行く,〈人〉‘を'送り届ける《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …‘を'体験する,‘に'遭遇する / 〈人〉‘に'会う,面会する;…‘を'訪問する;〈医者など〉‘に'見てもらう,〈医者が〉〈患者〉‘を'見る / 『見える』,見る / 『理解する』,わかる / 調べる,見てみる,考えてみる
- 司教区 / 司教の地位;司教管轄権
- 〈よさ・価値など〉'を'『認める』,認識する,…‘の'よさを認める / 〈作品など〉'を'『味わう』,鑑賞する / 〈好意など〉'を'感謝する,ありがたく思う / 〈相場・価格〉'を'上げる;…‘の'価格(相場)を上げる / 相場(価格,評価)が上がる
- 〈事〉‘を'『理解する』,‘の'意味をつかむ / 〈人〉‘を'理解する,‘の'気持ち(立場)が分かる / 〈物事〉‘に'『精通している』,‘を'よく知っている / …‘と'推測する,思う:《understand+名+to do旨が…すると思う》 / 《understand+that 節…であると聞いている》 / 『理解する』,意味をつかむ(が分かる) / 聞いている / 人の立場を理解する
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Perceived density of road maps.
- Schwartz-Chassidim H1, Meyer J2, Parmet Y3, Rogatka E3, Amzaleg O3.
- Applied ergonomics.Appl Ergon.2014 Nov;45(6):1579-87. doi: 10.1016/j.apergo.2014.05.006. Epub 2014 Jun 25.
- Maps should be designed so that users can comprehend and use the information. Display decisions, such as choosing the scale at which an area is shown, depend on properties of the displayed information such as the perceived density (PD) of the information. Taking a psychophysical approach we suggest
- PMID 24973061
- Genetics of schizophrenia.
- Escudero I1, Johnstone M.
- Current psychiatry reports.Curr Psychiatry Rep.2014 Nov;16(11):502. doi: 10.1007/s11920-014-0502-8.
- The genetic basis of schizophrenia has been a hotly debated research topic for decades, yet recent studies, especially in the past year, have confirmed genetics as the major cause of this complex condition. Psychiatry has come of age: it is perhaps more difficult for the current generation of psychi
- PMID 25200985
- Principle of duality in phospholipids: regulators of membrane morphology and dynamics.
- Larijani B1, Hamati F2, Kundu A2, Chung GC, Domart MC3, Collinson L3, Poccia DL2.
- Biochemical Society transactions.Biochem Soc Trans.2014 Oct 1;42(5):1335-42. doi: 10.1042/BST20140224.
- To suggest and develop intelligent strategies to comprehend the regulation of organelle formation, a deeper mechanistic interpretation requires more than just the involvement of proteins. Our approaches link the formation of endomembranes with both signalling and membrane physical properties. Hither
- PMID 25233412
- An in silico case study of idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy via a multi-scale model of the cardiovascular system.
- Bhattacharya-Ghosh B1, Bozkurt S2, Rutten MC3, van de Vosse FN4, Díaz-Zuccarini V5.
- Computers in biology and medicine.Comput Biol Med.2014 Oct;53:141-53. doi: 10.1016/j.compbiomed.2014.06.013. Epub 2014 Jul 6.
- Mathematical modelling has been used to comprehend the pathology and the assessment of different treatment techniques such as heart failure and left ventricular assist device therapy in the cardiovascular field. In this study, an in-silico model of the heart is developed to understand the effects of
- PMID 25147131
- コウモリのエコーロケーション : 弱いエコーを聴き取る極意 (小特集 生物音響学の最近の動向 : 発声,聴取機構における種の多様性)
- 下野 葉月
- 東京大学宗教学年報 32, 75-95, 2015-03-31
- … Hence, it is only when we consider the religious dimension of nature and natural knowledge that we fully comprehend the public nature of Bacon's philosophy and its historical ramifications. …
- NAID 120005652002
- 「死への準備教育」がかかえる問題点 -われわれは死を知ることが可能なのか-
- 新山 喜嗣
- 秋田大学大学院医学系研究科保健学専攻紀要 23(1), 45-51, 2015-03-31
- 生涯にわたって死を学ぶことを目的とする「死への準備教育」は,本邦では主にデーケンによって主導され,市民運動として粘り強く現在まで継続されてきた. しかし,本稿ではこの「死への準備教育」が,ある重要な点を前提としたまま進められてきたことを指摘する.それは,人聞は死の本質的な事態を知ることができ,また,それを他者に伝達することができるとする前提である.ただし,このことはそれほど自明なものではない.実際 …
- NAID 110009897244
- 藤田 朋世,前原 かおる,渡部 みなほ,野口 真早季,増田 真理子
- 日本語教育方法研究会誌 22(1), 46-47, 2015-03-28
- … This task aims to improve the ability to comprehend Kango correctly by listening and using knowledge of kanji sound alternation rules (e.g. shippai(失敗)=shitsu+hai). …
- NAID 110009919160
- comprehend 【他動】 〔複雑なことを〕理解[把握]する ～を包含する、含む - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- comprehendとunderstandの違い Posted on 2013年9月23日 By Atom comprehendの意味は 「を理解する」 I don’t know if he comprehended. 私には、彼が理解したかわからない。 understandの意味は 「を理解する、と了解する、わかる」
- Children, too young to comprehend wherefore this woman should be shut out from the sphere of human charities, would creep nigh enough to behold her plying her needle at the cottage-window, or standing in the doorway, or labouring ...
- accept、acknowledge、admit、allow、appreciate、approve、comprehend、comprehension、detect、find、grasp、notice、observe、prove、realization、recognize、see、turn out、understand、understanding
- appreciate、arrange、comprehend、comprehension、find、grasp、look、prove、realization、realize、turn out、understand、understanding、watch