- the state or quality of being recognized or acknowledged; "the partners were delighted with the recognition of their work"; "she seems to avoid much in the way of recognition or acknowledgement of feminist work prior to her own" (同)acknowledgment, acknowledgement
- (biology) the ability of one molecule to attach to another molecule that has a complementary shape; "molecular recognition drives all of biology, for instance, hormone and receptor or antibody-antigen interactions or the organization of molecules into lar
- designation by the chair granting a person the right to speak in a deliberative body; "he was unable to make his motion because he couldnt get recognition by the chairman"
- approval; "give her recognition for trying"; "he was given credit for his work"; "give her credit for trying" (同)credit
- the process of recognizing something or someone by remembering; "a politician whose recall of names was as remarkable as his recognition of faces"; "experimental psychologists measure the elapsed time from the onset of the stimulus to its recognition by t (同)identification
- an acceptance (as of a claim) as true and valid; "the recognition of the Rio Grande as a boundary between Mexico and the United States"
- the explicit and formal acknowledgement of a government or of the national independence of a country; "territorial disputes were resolved in Guatemalas recognition of Belize in 1991"
- having knowledge of; "he had no awareness of his mistakes"; "his sudden consciousness of the problem he faced"; "their intelligence and general knowingness was impressive" (同)consciousness, cognizance, cognisance, knowingness
- state of elementary or undifferentiated consciousness; "the crash intruded on his awareness" (同)sentience
- recognize with gratitude; be grateful for
- increase the value of; "The Germans want to appreciate the Deutsche Mark" (同)apprize, apprise
- gain in value; "The yen appreciated again!" (同)apprize, apprise, revalue
- be fully aware of; realize fully; "Do you appreciate the full meaning of this letter?" (同)take account
- a sale in order to obtain money (as a sale of stock or a sale of the estate of a bankrupt person) or the money so obtained (同)realisation
- the completion or enrichment of a piece of music left sparsely notated by a composer (同)realisation
- making real or giving the appearance of reality (同)realisation, actualization, actualisation
- something that is made real or concrete; "the victory was the realization of a whole years work" (同)realisation, fruition
- a musical composition that has been completed or enriched by someone other than the composer (同)realisation
- coming to understand something clearly and distinctly; "a growing realization of the risk involved"; "a sudden recognition of the problem he faced"; "increasing recognition that diabetes frequently coexists with other chronic diseases" (同)realisation, recognition
- an increase in price or value; "an appreciation of 30% in the value of real estate"
- understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something; "he has a good grasp of accounting practices" (同)grasp, hold
- an expression of gratitude; "he expressed his appreciation in a short note"
- exhibit recognition for (an antigen or a substrate)
- perceive to be the same (同)recognise
- show approval or appreciation of; "My work is not recognized by anybody!"; "The best student was recognized by the Dean" (同)recognise
- be fully aware or cognizant of (同)recognise, realize, realise, agnize, agnise
- (sometimes followed by `of' (同)cognizant, cognisant
- (それであること)『見て気がつくこと』,見覚え / (特に,正当・妥当であるとの)(‥の)『承認』《+of』+『名』》 / (業績・貢献などを)認めること,(…の)表彰《+『of』+『名』》
- 〈よさ・価値など〉'を'『認める』,認識する,…‘の'よさを認める / 〈作品など〉'を'『味わう』,鑑賞する / 〈好意など〉'を'感謝する,ありがたく思う / 〈相場・価格〉'を'上げる;…‘の'価格(相場)を上げる / 相場(価格,評価)が上がる
- 〈U〉(…を)『正しく認識すること』,(…の)識別,評価《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉《時にan~》(文学・芸術などの)理解,鑑賞;批評,論評《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉(…に対する)感謝《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈U〉《時にa~》(価格の)騰貴
- 《補語にのみ用いて》『知っている』,『気づいている』,感づいている / 見聞の広い,世事に通じた
- (それに間違いないと)…‘を'『確かに認める』;(人相書き・特徴などで)…‘を'『見分ける』,認知する《+『名』+『from』(『by』)+『名』》 / (すでに得ている経験・知識などによって)…‘を'『認るめ』,認識する,理解する,悟る / 〈人〉‘に'発言を認める / 〈業績・貢献など〉‘を'認めて表彰する / 〈他の国家・政府など〉‘を'承認する
- RiskSOAP: Introducing and applying a methodology of risk self-awareness in road tunnel safety.
- Chatzimichailidou MM1, Dokas IM2.
- Accident; analysis and prevention.Accid Anal Prev.2016 May;90:118-27. doi: 10.1016/j.aap.2016.02.005. Epub 2016 Mar 1.
- Complex socio-technical systems, such as road tunnels, can be designed and developed with more or less elements that can either positively or negatively affect the capability of their agents to recognise imminent threats or vulnerabilities that possibly lead to accidents. This capability is called r
- PMID 26938583
- EJE PRIZE 2015: How does insulin resistance arise, and how does it cause disease? Human genetic lessons.
- Semple RK1.
- European journal of endocrinology / European Federation of Endocrine Societies.Eur J Endocrinol.2016 May;174(5):R209-23. doi: 10.1530/EJE-15-1131. Epub 2016 Feb 10.
- Insulin orchestrates physiological responses to ingested nutrients; however, although it elicits widely ramifying metabolic and trophic responses from diverse tissues, 'insulin resistance (IR)', a pandemic metabolic derangement commonly associated with obesity, is usually defined solely by blunting
- PMID 26865583
- Sources, topics and use of knowledge by coaches.
- Stoszkowski J1, Collins D1.
- Journal of sports sciences.J Sports Sci.2016 May;34(9):794-802. doi: 10.1080/02640414.2015.1072279. Epub 2015 Jul 29.
- In recent years, the value of social learning approaches as part of the design and delivery of formalised coach development initiatives has gained credence in the literature. However, insight is currently lacking into the fundamental social dimensions that underpin coach learning. Accordingly, this
- PMID 26222481
- Passing Down the Memory of Aggression in China : Grassroots activism and the war in contemporary Japan
- Zablonski Lukasz
- 国際国際広報メディア・観光学ジャーナル 18, 195-212, 2014-03-18
- … For many civil society organisations bringing together citizens with critical views of Japan's role in the war, passing down testimonies about Japanese aggression in Asia has been an important undertaking, mostly because the testimonies reveal the horrors of the war thus promoting peace, but also because they recognise the suffering of non-Japanese victims. …
- NAID 120005418091
- How dolphins see the world: A comparison with chimpanzees and humans
- Tomonaga Masaki,Uwano Yuka,Saito Toyoshi
- Scientific Reports 4, 2014-01-16
- … 2014-01-16.Bottlenose dolphins use auditory (or echoic) information to recognise their environments, and many studies have described their echolocation perception abilities. …
- NAID 120005366004
- Effects of extracellular matrices and lectin Dolichos biflorus agglutinin on cell adhesion and self-renewal of bovine gonocytes cultured in vitro.
- Kim Sung-Min,Fujihara Mayako,Sahare Mahesh,Minami Naojiro,Yamada Masayasu,Imai Hiroshi
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 26(2), 268-281, 2014-01
- … These results suggest that the GalNAc residues on gonocytes can recognise precoated DBA on plates and the resulting GalNAc-DBA complexes support germ cell and stem cell potentials of gonocytes in vitro. …
- NAID 120005367805
- recognise 〈英〉＝ recognize - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。 ... 〈英〉＝ recognize a life lived according to ~ as the ...
- RECOGNISE is the national conversation about updating Australia’s constitution to recognise both Indigenous Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Have your say! ... “This process is about creating a new story for our country ...