- destroy completely; damage irreparably; "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!"; "The tears ruined her make-up" (同)ruin
- do away with, cause the destruction or undoing of; "The fire destroyed the house" (同)destruct
- put (an animal) to death; "The customs agents destroyed the dog that was found to be rabid"; "the sick cat had to be put down" (同)put down
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- state of being torn or burst open
- the act of making a sudden noisy break
- a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions); "they hoped to avoid a break in relations" (同)breach, break, severance, rift, falling out
- do away with; "Slavery was abolished in the mid-19th century in America and in Russia" (同)get_rid_of
- throw into disorder; "This event disrupted the orderly process"
- the termination of something by causing so much damage to it that it cannot be repaired or no longer exists (同)devastation
- an event (or the result of an event) that completely destroys something (同)demolition, wipeout
- an operation developed for United States troops in Vietnam; troops would move through a designated area destroying troops as they found them
- small destroyer that was the forerunner of modern destroyers; designed to destroy torpedo boats
- an armored vehicle equipped with an antitank gun and capable of high speeds
- warship smaller than a destroyer; designed to escort fleets or convoys
- spoiled or ruined or demolished; "war left many cities destroyed"; "Alzheimers is responsible for her destroyed mind"
- destroyed physically or morally (同)ruined
- …‘を'『破壊する』,打ち壊す / 〈計画・希望など〉‘を'くじく / …‘を'殺す
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- 〈U〉〈C〉(…の)破裂《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉〈C〉(友好的関係などの)決裂,仲たがい / 〈C〉裂け目 / 〈C〉脱腸,ヘルニア / …‘を'破裂させる / 〈友好関係など〉‘を'断ち切る / 破裂する
- …‘を'混乱させる / (一時的に)…‘を'中断させる
- 『破壊』[行為] / 破壊された状態,破滅,絶滅 / 破壊手段,破壊をもたらすもの
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Retargeting Clostridium difficile Toxin B to Neuronal Cells as a Potential Vehicle for Cytosolic Delivery of Therapeutic Biomolecules to Treat Botulism.
- Krautz-Peterson G, Zhang Y, Chen K, Oyler GA, Feng H, Shoemaker CB.SourceDivision of Infectious Diseases, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, 200 Westboro Road, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA.
- Journal of toxicology.J Toxicol.2012;2012:760142. Epub 2011 Sep 20.
- Botulinum neurotoxins (BoNTs) deliver a protease to neurons which can cause a flaccid paralysis called botulism. Development of botulism antidotes will require neuronal delivery of agents that inhibit or destroy the BoNT protease. Here, we investigated the potential of engineering Clostridium diffic
- PMID 21941543
- An Enzymatic-HPLC Assay to Monitor Endogenous D: -Serine Release from Neuronal Cultures.
- Radzishevsky I, Wolosker H.SourceDepartment of Biochemistry, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.).Methods Mol Biol.2012;794:291-7.
- D: -Serine is a transmitter-like molecule that physiologically activates NMDA receptors in the brain. Although D: -serine was thought to be exclusively released by astrocytes, we recently demonstrated endogenous D: -serine release from neurons in cultures and slices. So far high-performance liquid c
- PMID 21956571
- Versatility of cyclodextrins in self-assembly systems of amphiphiles.
- Jiang L, Yan Y, Huang J.AbstractRecently, cyclodextrins (CDs) were found to play important yet complicated (or even apparently opposite sometimes) roles in self-assembly systems of amphiphiles or surfactants. Herein, we try to review and clarify the versatility of CDs in surfactant assembly systems by 1) classifying the roles played by CDs into two groups (modulator and building unit) and four subgroups (destructive and constructive modulators, amphiphilic and unamphiphilic building units), 2) comparing these subgroups, and 3) analyzing mechanisms. As a modulator, although CDs by themselves do not participate into the final surfactant aggregates, they can greatly affect the aggregates in two ways. In most cases CDs will destroy the aggregates by depleting surfactant molecules from the aggregates (destructive), or in certain cases CDs can promote the aggregates to grow by selectively removing the less-aggregatable surfactant molecules from the aggregates (constructive). As an amphiphilic building unit, CDs can be chemically (by chemical bonds) or physically (by host-guest interaction) attached to a hydrophobic moiety, and the resultant compounds act as classic amphiphiles. As an unamphiphilic building unit, CD/surfactant complexes or even CDs on their own can assemble into aggregates in an unconventional, unamphiphilic manner driven by CD-CD H-bonds. Moreover, special emphasis is put on two recently appeared aspects: the constructive modulator and unamphiphilic building unit.
- Advances in colloid and interface science.Adv Colloid Interface Sci.2011 Nov 14;169(1):13-25. Epub 2011 Jul 27.
- Recently, cyclodextrins (CDs) were found to play important yet complicated (or even apparently opposite sometimes) roles in self-assembly systems of amphiphiles or surfactants. Herein, we try to review and clarify the versatility of CDs in surfactant assembly systems by 1) classifying the roles play
- PMID 21839422
- A Valuable and Meaningful Individual Life
- Shand John
- Journal of Philosophy of Life 1(2), 74-83, 2011-07
- … We should learn caution from the fact that to tinker with the parts and configuration of an artwork will likely destroy its value and meaning and apply that to the lives of individuals, and fully respect the particularity and the subjectivity of evaluation involved. …
- NAID 120003340503
- 農業も森も消える--TPPのもたらすもの (いまを読み解く)
- パソコンのハードディスクを完全に削除できるフリーソフト「DESTROY」の使い方を掲載 しています。
- 2005年6月12日 ... DESTROYは、ハードディスクの中を完全に消去するソフトウェアです。 通常、Windows のフォーマットなどでハードディスクを初期化した場合、データは、 実際には、消去され ていません。ただ、読み出せなくなっているだけです。この状 態では、 ...
- abolition、abrogate、blot out、break、demise、destroy、destruction、disappear、disappearance、discard、dismantle、disposal、disposition、disrupt、disruptant、disruption、erase、expiry、extinguish、invalidate、lesion、nullify、obliterate、perish、rupture、subversion、subvert、vanish
- 決裂、断絶。仲違い、不和(between, with)