- reimbursement for goods damaged while in transit or in use
- the quantity broken; "the total breakage was huge"
- the act of breaking something; "the breakage was unavoidable" (同)break, breaking
- (embryology) the repeated division of a fertilised ovum (同)segmentation
- the breaking of a chemical bond in a molecule resulting in smaller molecules
- the state of being split or cleft; "there was a cleavage between the liberal and conservative members"
- the act of cleaving or splitting
- the line formed by a groove between two parts (especially the separation between a womans breasts)
- a surgical removal of all or part of a limb
- a condition of disability resulting from the loss of one or more limbs
- the act of causing disorder (同)perturbation
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- suffer or be susceptible to damage; "These fine china cups damage easily"
- inflict damage upon; "The snow damaged the roof"; "She damaged the car when she hit the tree"
- the act of damaging something or someone (同)harm, hurt, scathe
- loss of military equipment (同)equipment casualty
- the occurrence of a change for the worse (同)harm, impairment
- replace a corner by a plane
- make shorter as if by cutting off; "truncate a word"; "Erosion has truncated the ridges of the mountains" (同)cut_short
- terminating abruptly by having or as if having an end or point cut off; "a truncate leaf"; "truncated volcanic mountains"; "a truncated pyramid" (同)truncated
- approximate by ignoring all terms beyond a chosen one; "truncate a series"
- make by cutting into; "The water is going to cleave a channel into the rock"
- separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument; "cleave the bone" (同)split, rive
- surgical removal of a body part or tissue (同)extirpation, cutting out, excision
- the erosive process that reduces the size of glaciers
- 〈U〉破損;〈C〉破損箇所 / 破損量 / 〈C〉《通例複数形で》《英》破損物 / 〈C〉破損額
- 割る(割れる)こと;割れ(裂け)目 / 卵割(受精卵の細胞分裂) / (鉱物の結晶の)劈開(へきかい) / 《話》(大きなえりぐりのドレスから見える)乳房の谷間
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- 〈U〉『損害』,損傷,被害 / 《複数形で》損害賠障[金] / 《the~》《単数形で》《話》飛用 / …‘に'損傷する
- 〈円錐・樹木など〉‘の'頭(端)を切る / 〈文章など〉‘を'切って詰める / 切り取られた / (生物の形態が)切形の(先端を切り取ったような形をしていること)
- …'を'まっぷたつに割る,裂く / 〈人垣・やぶ・波など〉'を'かき分けて突き進む;〈道〉を'を'切り開く / (木目などに沿って)割れる,裂ける / 切り分けて突き進む
- 〈物が〉(…に)くっつく,固着する《+『to』+『名』》 / 《文》《古》(…への)忠誠を守る,(…を)固守する《+『to』+『名』》
- 切除,除去;融除 / 溶発(ロケットの先端が大気圏突入で溶解すること)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Photochemical transformation of tetrabromobisphenol A under simulated sunlight irradiation: Kinetics, mechanism and influencing factors.
- Bao Y1, Niu J2.
- Chemosphere.Chemosphere.2015 Sep;134:550-6. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2014.12.016. Epub 2015 Jan 2.
- A systematic study on photolysis of tetrabromobisphenol A (2,2',6,6'-tetrabromo-4,4'-isopropylidendiphenol, TBBPA) in water was investigated under simulated sunlight irradiation. The results showed that the photolysis of TBBPA followed apparent pseudo-first-order kinetics. The photolysis rate consta
- PMID 25559172
- Anti-glycation and anti-angiogenic activities of 5'-methoxybiphenyl-3,4,3'-triol, a novel phytochemical component of Osteomeles schwerinae.
- Lee YM1, Kim J1, Kim CS1, Jo K1, Yoo NH2, Sohn E1, Kim JS3.
- European journal of pharmacology.Eur J Pharmacol.2015 Aug 5;760:172-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2015.04.022. Epub 2015 Apr 25.
- Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) are involved in the development of diabetic complications such as diabetic retinopathy. 5'-methoxybiphenyl-3,4,3'-triol (referred to as K24) was isolated using bioactivity-guided fractionation of Osteomeles schwerinae C. K. Schneid. and identified as a potent A
- PMID 25917323
- Association of AluYb8 insertion/deletion polymorphism in the MUTYH gene with mtDNA maintain in the type 2 diabetes mellitus patients.
- Guo W1, Zheng B2, Guo D2, Cai Z2, Wang Y3.
- Molecular and cellular endocrinology.Mol Cell Endocrinol.2015 Jul 5;409:33-40. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2015.03.019. Epub 2015 Mar 27.
- A common AluYb8-element insertion/deletion polymorphism of the MUTYH gene (AluYb8MUTYH) is a novel genetic risk factor for type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). In the present study, mtDNA sequencing analysis indicated that the mtDNA sequence heteroplasmy was not associated with AluYb8MUTYH polymorphism.
- PMID 25829257
- Safety Profile of Venturi Versus Peristaltic Phacoemulsification Pumps in Cataract Surgery Using a Capsular Surrogate for the Human Lens.
- Gilbert M1, Zaugg B1, Stagg B1, Olson RJ2.
- American journal of ophthalmology.Am J Ophthalmol.2015 Jul;160(1):179-184.e1. doi: 10.1016/j.ajo.2015.04.017. Epub 2015 Apr 16.
- PURPOSE: To compare the risk of capsular rupture of the human lens during cataract surgery from contact by phacoemulsification needles using different vacuum pumps, ultrasound modalities, and contact angles.DESIGN: Experimental laboratory investigation.METHODS: The John A. Moran Eye Center, Universi
- PMID 25892125
- AE法によるPC桁主ケーブル破断に伴う再定着箇所の同定 (インフラ健全性評価に資するAEなど弾性波計測の最前線)
- High-efficiency impurity activation by precise control of cooling rate during atmospheric pressure thermal plasma jet annealing of 4H-SiC wafer
- Maruyama Keisuke,Hanafusa Hiroaki,Ashihara Ryuhei,Hayashi Shohei,Murakami Hideki,Higashi Seiichiro
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54(6S2), 06GC01, 2015-05-27
- … A maximum surface temperature of 1835 °C within 2.4 s without sample breakage was achieved, and aluminum (Al), phosphorus (P), and arsenic (As) activations in SiC were demonstrated. …
- NAID 150000110774
- 伊藤 駿一,ITO Shunichi
- 法政大学大学院紀要（理工学・工学研究科編） (56), 2015-03-24
- … The results of the study, when depositing a metal mask by E-GUN vacuum deposition apparatus, rate deposited while increasing the rate of 0.1nm / sec to 0.8nm / sec gradually, The ICP dry etching apparatus in etching conditions 0.7Pa by forming the MESA structure is used, it was possible to prevent breakage. …
- NAID 120005611540
- On the importance of electron–electron scattering for hot-carrier degradation
- Tyaginov Stanislav,Bina Markus,Franco Jacopo,Wimmer Yannick,Kaczer Ben,Grasser Tibor
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54(4S), 04DC18, 2015-03-23
- … Two competing mechanism of Si–H bond-breakage are captured by the model: the one triggered by the multiple vibrational excitation of the bond and another which is due to excitation of one of the bonding electrons to an antibonding state by a solitary hot carrier. …
- NAID 150000110441
- ablate、ablation、ablative、amputate、amputation、axial section、break、breakage、cleavage、cleave、cross section、cross-section、cross-sectional、excise、excision、excisional、extirpation、horizontal incision、mutilation、resect、resection、resective、scission、sever、transect、transverse incision、transverse section、truncate、truncation
- chromosomal break、chromosomal breakage、chromosome break
- chromosomal break、chromosome break、chromosome breakage