- come to or be at an end; "the support from our sponsoring agency will discontinue after March 31"
- put an end to a state or an activity; "Quit teasing your little brother" (同)stop, cease, give_up, quit, lay off
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- cause to stop; "stop a car"; "stop the thief"
- a brief stay in the course of a journey; "they made a stopover to visit their friends" (同)stopover, layover
- the act of stopping something; "the third baseman made some remarkable stops"; "his stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood" (同)stoppage
- (music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes; "the organist pulled out all the stops"
- the event of something ending; "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill" (同)halt
- a spot where something halts or pauses; "his next stop is Atlanta"
- come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window" (同)halt
- stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process" (同)halt, block, kibosh
- interrupt a trip; "we stopped at Aunt Marys house"; "they stopped for three days in Florence" (同)stop over
- destroy the peace or tranquility of; "Dont interrupt me when Im reading" (同)disturb
- terminate; "She interrupted her pregnancy"; "break a lucky streak"; "break the cycle of poverty" (同)break
- a signal that temporarily stops the execution of a program so that another procedure can be carried out
- interfere in someone elses activity; "Please dont interrupt me while Im on the phone" (同)disrupt
- make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages" (同)disrupt, break_up, cut_off
- pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb" (同)retreat, pull away, draw back, recede, pull_back, retire, move back
- remove (a commodity) from (a supply source); "She drew $2,000 from the account"; "The doctors drew medical supplies from the hospitals emergency bank" (同)draw, take_out, draw_off
- render temporarily ineffective; "the prison sentence was suspended"
- cause to be held in suspension in a fluid; "suspend the particles"
- bar temporarily; from school, office, etc. (同)debar
- make inoperative or stop; "suspend payments on the loan" (同)set aside
- hang freely; "The secret police suspended their victims from the ceiling and beat them"
- stopped permanently or temporarily; "discontinued models"; "a discontinued magazine"; "a discontinued conversation"
- 〈続けていること〉‘を'やめる,停止する,中止する / 中止になる
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- 〈動いているもの〉‘を'『止める』 / 〈供給など〉‘を'停止する / …‘を'阻止する,やめさせる / 〈自分がしていること〉‘を'『やめる』,中断する / 〈穴・口など〉‘を'ふさぐ,〈びんなど〉‘に'せんをする / 〈相手の一撃など〉‘を'かわす;〈相手〉‘を'打ち負かす,ノックアウトする / 〈楽器の弦・穴〉‘を'指で押さえる,〈音〉‘を'指で押さえて出す / 〈動いているものが〉『止まる』,停止する,立ち止まる / 〈仕事・話などが〉『中断する』;〈雨などが〉やむ / 〈人が〉仕事(話など)をやめる,手を休める,一息つく / 《話》(…に)滞在する,とどまる《+『at』+『名』〈場所〉『,』+『with』+『名』〈人〉》 / 『止まること』,停止,中止,中断 / (旅先での)短期間の滞在,立ち寄り / (道路の)停留所 / (穴などを)ふさぐこと…(びんなどの)せん / (パイプオルガンなどの)ストップ,音栓(肝先) / 句読点,(特に)終止符 / (レンズの)絞り / 閉鎖音([p][b][k]など)
- (行動や話の途中で)〈人〉‘を'『さえぎる』,妨げる / 〈行為・話など〉‘を'『中断する』 / 〈物事〉‘を'さえぎる / 『じゃまする』,話の腰を折る
- (…から)…‘を'『引っ込める』《+名+from+名》 / (…から)…‘の'身を引かせる,‘を'退かせる《+名+from+名》 / (…から)…‘を'引き出す,回収する《+名+from+名》 / 〈申し出・約束など〉‘を'取り消す,撤回する / 『引き下がる』;(…から,…へ)退く《+from(into)+名》 / (…から)身を引く《+from+名(doing)》 / よける,身をかわす / 取り消す,撤回する
- (…から)…‘を'『つるす』,ぶら下げる《+名+from+名》 / 《受動態で》(つるしたように,空中・水中などに)…‘を'静止させる,浮かせる / 〈法律・免状などの〉効力を当分停止する;…‘を'一時止める / 《受動態で》〈人〉‘を'停学(停職,出場停止)にする / 一時的に中止(停止)する
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Relieving my discomforts safely: the experiences of discontinuing HRT among menopausal women.
- Lee PS1, Lee CL, Hu ST, Tsao LI.
- Journal of clinical nursing.J Clin Nurs.2014 Sep;23(17-18):2481-90. doi: 10.1111/jocn.12429. Epub 2013 Dec 18.
- AIM AND OBJECTIVES: To generate a descriptive theoretical framework about the experiences of women who discontinued hormone replacement therapy.BACKGROUND: Some menopausal women would depend on hormone replacement therapy for relieving their menopausal symptoms. However, most of them feared of hormo
- PMID 24351027
- Drug-free holiday in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a qualitative study to explore patients' opinion.
- Markusse IM1, Akdemir G, Huizinga TW, Allaart CF.
- Clinical rheumatology.Clin Rheumatol.2014 Aug;33(8):1155-9. doi: 10.1007/s10067-014-2500-y. Epub 2014 Jan 28.
- Clinical trials have shown that in patients with long-standing low disease activity, tapering and/or stopping antirheumatic medication is a realistic option. The objective of this study is to explore patients' opinion about tapering and discontinuing antirheumatic drugs. This qualitative study is ba
- PMID 24469272
- Side effects unrelated to disease activity and acceptability of highly effective contraceptive methods in women with systemic lupus erythematosus: a randomized, clinical trial.
- Cravioto MD1, Jiménez-Santana L2, Mayorga J2, Seuc AH3.
- Contraception.Contraception.2014 Aug;90(2):147-53. doi: 10.1016/j.contraception.2014.04.001. Epub 2014 Apr 13.
- OBJECTIVES: To assess the side effects unrelated to disease activity and the acceptability of combined oral contraceptives (COCs), progestin-only pills (POPs) and copper-releasing intrauterine devices (IUDs) in women with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).STUDY DESIGN: A randomized clinical trial i
- PMID 24815101
- Desensitizations for chemotherapy and monoclonal antibodies: indications and outcomes.
- Hsu Blatman KS1, Castells MC.
- Current allergy and asthma reports.Curr Allergy Asthma Rep.2014 Aug;14(8):453. doi: 10.1007/s11882-014-0453-5.
- Acute infusion reactions to both chemotherapeutic agents and humanized monoclonal antibodies can occur, which may limit therapeutic options for treatment of malignancies and chronic inflammatory diseases. Many of these acute infusion reactions are consistent with a type I hypersensitivity reaction,
- PMID 24994467
- 'Some anti-malarials are too strong for your body, they will harm you.' Socio-cultural factors influencing pregnant women's adherence to anti-malarial treatment in rural Gambia
- Cell-based polymerase chain reaction for canine transmissible venereal tumor (CTVT) diagnosis
- Effects of Number of Graphite Nodules on Fatigue Limit and Fracture Origins in Heavy Section Spheroidal Graphite Cast Iron
- Complete Response Obtained with S-1 Plus CDDP Therapy in a Patient with Multiple Liver Metastases from Gastric Cancer
- discontinueとは。意味や和訳。[動](他)1 …を中断する；〈製品を〉生産中止する；〈購読を〉やめる；〈…するのを〉停止する((to do))discontinued lines生産打ち切りの製品discontinue use of a medicine薬の使用をやめるHe discontinued ...
- Discontinue definition, to put an end to; stop; terminate: to discontinue nuclear testing. See more. Thesaurus Translate Puzzles & Games Word of the Day Blog Slideshows Apps by Dictionary My Account Log Out Log In More...
- Examine thy customs of diet, sleep, exercise, apparel, and the like; and try, in any thing thou shalt judge hurtful, to discontinue it, by little and little; but so, as if thou dost find any inconvenience by the change, thou come back to it ...
- abort、deprive、discontinuance、discontinuation、discontinue、drug withdrawal、free、obviate、omit、pause、recede、remove、stop、strip、suspend、withdrawal