- some abrupt occurrence that interrupts an ongoing activity; "the telephone is an annoying interruption"; "there was a break in the action when a player was hurt" (同)break
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- destroy the peace or tranquility of; "Dont interrupt me when Im reading" (同)disturb
- terminate; "She interrupted her pregnancy"; "break a lucky streak"; "break the cycle of poverty" (同)break
- a signal that temporarily stops the execution of a program so that another procedure can be carried out
- interfere in someone elses activity; "Please dont interrupt me while Im on the phone" (同)disrupt
- make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages" (同)disrupt, break_up, cut_off
- a disorderly outburst or tumult; "they were amazed by the furious disturbance they had caused" (同)disruption, commotion, flutter, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle
- an unhappy and worried mental state; "there was too much anger and disturbance"; "she didnt realize the upset she caused me" (同)perturbation, upset
- the act of disturbing something or someone; setting something in motion
- the act of terminating a project or procedure before it is completed; "I wasted a year of my life working on an abort"; "he sent a short message requesting an abort due to extreme winds in the area"
- cease development, die, and be aborted; "an aborting fetus"
- terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion
- terminate before completion; "abort the mission"; "abort the process running on my computer"
- move deeply; "This book upset me"; "A troubling thought" (同)upset, trouble
- damage as if by shaking or jarring; "Dont disturb the patients wounds by moving him too rapidly!"
- insurance that provides protection for the loss of profits and continuing fixed expenses resulting from a break in commercial activities due to the occurrence of a peril
- 〈U〉〈C〉(…の)じゃま,妨害,中断《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉妨害する物;さえぎる物
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- (行動や話の途中で)〈人〉‘を'『さえぎる』,妨げる / 〈行為・話など〉‘を'『中断する』 / 〈物事〉‘を'さえぎる / 『じゃまする』,話の腰を折る
- 〈U〉乱す(騒がす,妨害する)こと;乱れた状態 / 〈C〉騒ぎ,騒動,動乱 / 〈C〉乱す(騒がす,妨害する)もの
- 流産する / 〈動植物や器官などが〉十分に発育しない / 〈計画が〉失敗する,中止となる / 〈胎児〉'を'流産させる / 〈計画など〉'を'中止する
- …‘を'『かき乱す』,騒がしくする / 〈人〉‘を'『不安にする』,心配させる / 〈人・行動・安眠など〉‘を'『邪魔をする』,妨害する(bother)
||Look up interruption in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Interruption may refer to:
- Interruption science, interruption and human behavior
- Interruption marketing, a pejorative term for the advertising technique
- Interruptions (epic theatre), the technique defined by Bertolt Brecht
- All pages with titles containing interruption
- Interrupt, for the usage related to computing
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Molecular surveillance of rubella viruses in Taiwan from 2005 to 2011.
- Cheng WY, Wang HC, Liu MT, Wu HS.SourceCenter for Research and Diagnostic, Centers for Disease Control, Taipei, Taiwan. email@example.com.
- Journal of medical virology.J Med Virol.2013 Apr;85(4):745-53. doi: 10.1002/jmv.23451.
- Rubella has been listed as a mandatory notifiable disease in Taiwan since 1988. Because of high coverage rates with an effective vaccine, rubella cases have decreased dramatically in Taiwan since 1994. However, rubella outbreaks still occur due to imported transmission. Five large clusters were dete
- PMID 23417619
- A phase II trial of dacomitinib, an oral pan-human EGF receptor (HER) inhibitor, as first-line treatment in recurrent and/or metastatic squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
- Abdul Razak AR, Soulières D, Laurie SA, Hotte SJ, Singh S, Winquist E, Chia S, Le Tourneau C, Nguyen-Tan PF, Chen EX, Chan KK, Wang T, Giri N, Mormont C, Quinn S, Siu LL.SourceDepartment of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto.
- Annals of oncology : official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology / ESMO.Ann Oncol.2013 Mar;24(3):761-9. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mds503. Epub 2012 Oct 28.
- Background An open-label, multicenter, single-arm phase II trial was conducted to investigate the clinical activity of dacomitinib in recurrent/metastatic squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neck (RM-SCCHN). Patients and methods Eligible patients were administered dacomitinib at 45 mg orally da
- PMID 23108949
- Recurrent ischemic cerebrovascular events in a patient with type I antithrombin deficiency caused by 9788 G>A splice site mutation: a case report.
- Szymańska M, Alhenc-Gelas M, Undas A.SourceaThe John Paul II Hospital, Kraków, Poland bHématologie biologique, AP-HP Hôspital Européen G. Pompidou, Paris, France cInstitute of Cardiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Kraków, Poland.
- Blood coagulation & fibrinolysis : an international journal in haemostasis and thrombosis.Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis.2013 Mar;24(2):213-5. doi: 10.1097/MBC.0b013e32835b2467.
- Type I antithrombin deficiency is an autosomal dominant disorder associated with high risk for venous thromboembolism. Data on the association between antithrombin deficiency and arterial thromboembolism are inconsistent. We report here the case of AT deficiency in a 43-year-old man free of cardiova
- PMID 23358206
- C677T and A1298C polymorphisms of the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene: effect on methotrexate-related toxicity in adult acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
- Eissa DS, Ahmed TM.SourceaClinical Pathology Department bInternal Medicine Department, Haematology Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Blood coagulation & fibrinolysis : an international journal in haemostasis and thrombosis.Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis.2013 Mar;24(2):181-8. doi: 10.1097/MBC.0b013e32835b249d.
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) is a key enzyme involved in folate metabolism. Two polymorphisms, C677T and A1298C, were described leading to reduced enzyme activity. Methotrexate (MTX) is an antifolate agent of consolidation and maintenance therapy of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL)
- PMID 23183238
- 後腹膜原発Solitary fibrous tumorの1例
- Peritoneal dialysis related peritonitis caused by Microbacterium paraoxydans
- Scale-Free Distribution of Local Infection Cluster Sizes of Measles, Rubella, Syphilis and HIV/AIDS: Correlation with Size Distribution of Municipality Population That Was Also Scale-Free
- Reduced T-Cell Thymic Export Reflected by sj-TREC in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease
- interruptionとは。意味や和訳。[名]1 [U][C]さえぎること，妨害，とぎれ，中断（した状態）；[C]妨害物，さえぎる物without interruption間断なくThere came an interruption in the rush of people.人波がいったんとぎれた.2 [U]休止，中止. - goo ...
- interruption 【名】 遮る[妨害する・中断する]こと 〔質問などの〕遮る[中断... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- She arose at daybreak, in order to attend mass, and she worked without interruption until night; then, when dinner was over, the dishes cleared away and the door securely locked, she would bury the log under the ashes and fall ...
- IAA, 大動脈弓離断
- 大動脈弓離断, lAA