- remove an organ or bodily structure
- wear away through erosion or vaporization
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- replace a corner by a plane
- make shorter as if by cutting off; "truncate a word"; "Erosion has truncated the ridges of the mountains" (同)cut_short
- terminating abruptly by having or as if having an end or point cut off; "a truncate leaf"; "truncated volcanic mountains"; "a truncated pyramid" (同)truncated
- approximate by ignoring all terms beyond a chosen one; "truncate a series"
- make by cutting into; "The water is going to cleave a channel into the rock"
- separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument; "cleave the bone" (同)split, rive
- surgical removal of a body part or tissue (同)extirpation, cutting out, excision
- the erosive process that reduces the size of glaciers
- remove by cutting; "The surgeon excised the tumor"
- a tax that is measured by the amount of business done (not on property or income from real estate) (同)excise tax
- levy an excise tax on
- made smaller or less by melting or erosion or vaporization; "the rockets ablated head shield"
- (手術・溶解・腐食などで)…'を'除去する / 除去される
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- 〈円錐・樹木など〉‘の'頭(端)を切る / 〈文章など〉‘を'切って詰める / 切り取られた / (生物の形態が)切形の(先端を切り取ったような形をしていること)
- …'を'まっぷたつに割る,裂く / 〈人垣・やぶ・波など〉'を'かき分けて突き進む;〈道〉を'を'切り開く / (木目などに沿って)割れる,裂ける / 切り分けて突き進む
- 〈物が〉(…に)くっつく,固着する《+『to』+『名』》 / 《文》《古》(…への)忠誠を守る,(…を)固守する《+『to』+『名』》
- 切除,除去;融除 / 溶発(ロケットの先端が大気圏突入で溶解すること)
- (体などから)〈できたものなど〉‘を'切り取る《+『名』+『from』+『名』》 / (原文から)〈文章など〉‘を'削除する《+『名』+『from』+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Laser ablation sample transfer for mass spectrometry imaging.
- Park SG1, Murray KK.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.).Methods Mol Biol.2015;1203:129-39. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-1357-2_13.
- Infrared laser ablation sample transfer (IR-LAST) is a novel ambient sampling technique for mass spectrometry. In this technique, a pulsed mid-IR laser is used to ablate materials that are collected for mass spectrometry analysis; the material can be a solid sample or deposited on a sample target. A
- PMID 25361673
- Probing cell mechanics with subcellular laser dissection of actomyosin networks in the early developing Drosophila embryo.
- Rauzi M1, Lenne PF.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.).Methods Mol Biol.2015;1189:209-18. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-1164-6_14.
- Laser dissection is a useful tool in developmental biology to probe mechanical forces from the subcellular to the tissue/embryo scale. During tissue morphogenesis, cells are equipped with networks of actomyosin that generate forces. Here we present a technique based on near-infrared (NIR) femtosecon
- PMID 25245696
- Excess SMAD signaling contributes to heart and muscle dysfunction in muscular dystrophy.
- Goldstein JA1, Bogdanovich S1, Beiriger A2, Wren LM1, Rossi AE1, Gao QQ2, Gardner BB1, Earley JU1, Molkentin JD3, McNally EM4.
- Human molecular genetics.Hum Mol Genet.2014 Dec 20;23(25):6722-31. doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddu390. Epub 2014 Jul 28.
- Disruption of the dystrophin complex causes muscle injury, dysfunction, cell death and fibrosis. Excess transforming growth factor (TGF) β signaling has been described in human muscular dystrophy and animal models, where it is thought to relate to the progressive fibrosis that characterizes dystrop
- PMID 25070948
- A multi-channel device for high-density target-selective stimulation and long-term monitoring of cells and subcellular features in C. elegans.
- Lee H1, Kim SA, Coakley S, Mugno P, Hammarlund M, Hilliard MA, Lu H.
- Lab on a chip.Lab Chip.2014 Dec 7;14(23):4513-22. doi: 10.1039/c4lc00789a. Epub 2014 Sep 26.
- Selective cell ablation can be used to identify neuronal functions in multicellular model organisms such as Caenorhabditis elegans. The optogenetic tool KillerRed facilitates selective ablation by enabling light-activated damage of cell or subcellular components in a temporally and spatially precise
- PMID 25257026
- Irradiation Experiments on a Mouse Using a Mild-Plasma Generator for Medical Applications
- SAKAKITA Hajime,IKEHARA Yuzuru
- Plasma and Fusion Research 5(0), S2117-S2117, 2010
- … Plasma technologies using an argon plasma coagulator have been used in endoscopic therapy to induce blood coagulation and ablate residual tumors. …
- NAID 130000669107
- Micromachining of Silica Glass Using EUV Radiation of Laser-Produced Plasma (特集 量子ビームによるナノバイオエレクトロニクス)
- Takahashi Akihiko,Torii Shuichi,Makimura Tetsuya,Murakami Kouichi,Okazaki Kota,Nakamura Daisuke,Okada Tatsuo,Niino Hiroyuki
- 電気学会論文誌Ｃ（電子・情報・システム部門誌） 130(10), 1779-1783, 2010
- … On the other hand, EUV radiation from the CO2-LPP did not ablate the silica glass. …
- NAID 130000415111
- G1301-1-1 単結晶ダイヤモンドのレーザ加工メカニズムに関する研究(生産加工・工作機械一般)
- 大村 悦二,原野 佳津子,綿谷 研一,江畑 惠司
- 年次大会講演論文集 : JSME annual meeting 2009(4), 209-210, 2009-09-12
- … On the other hand, if we assume single crystal diamond has the temperature dependence of absorption coefficient which is about equal to that of CVD diamond, the temperature rise is not enough to ablate the material. …
- NAID 110007861890
- Define ablate. ablate synonyms, ablate pronunciation, ablate translation, English dictionary definition of ablate. v. ab·lat·ed , ab·lat·ing , ab·lates v. tr. 1. Medicine To remove or destroy the function of . 2. To remove by erosion ? ...
- Seen and Heard What made you want to look up ablate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).
- ablateとは。意味や和訳。[他動詞]1 …を(融解・蒸発・腐食・切除などによって)除去する，消散させるablate a metal surface with intense heat強い熱で金属の表面を融除する.2 〔航空宇宙〕 (外部保護材の融除により)〈宇宙船などを〉過熱から ...
- ablate、ablation、ablative、amputate、amputation、axial section、break、breakage、cleavage、cleave、cross section、cross-section、cross-sectional、excise、excision、excisional、extirpation、horizontal incision、mutilation、resect、resection、resective、scission、sever、transect、transverse incision、transverse section、truncate、truncation