- remove surgically; "amputate limbs" (同)cut_off
- (embryology) the repeated division of a fertilised ovum (同)segmentation
- the breaking of a chemical bond in a molecule resulting in smaller molecules
- the state of being split or cleft; "there was a cleavage between the liberal and conservative members"
- the act of cleaving or splitting
- the line formed by a groove between two parts (especially the separation between a womans breasts)
- a surgical removal of all or part of a limb
- a condition of disability resulting from the loss of one or more limbs
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- replace a corner by a plane
- make shorter as if by cutting off; "truncate a word"; "Erosion has truncated the ridges of the mountains" (同)cut_short
- terminating abruptly by having or as if having an end or point cut off; "a truncate leaf"; "truncated volcanic mountains"; "a truncated pyramid" (同)truncated
- approximate by ignoring all terms beyond a chosen one; "truncate a series"
- make by cutting into; "The water is going to cleave a channel into the rock"
- separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument; "cleave the bone" (同)split, rive
- surgical removal of a body part or tissue (同)extirpation, cutting out, excision
- the erosive process that reduces the size of glaciers
- reimbursement for goods damaged while in transit or in use
- the quantity broken; "the total breakage was huge"
- the act of breaking something; "the breakage was unavoidable" (同)break, breaking
- 〈手足など〉'を'外科手術で切断する / 切断する
- 割る(割れる)こと;割れ(裂け)目 / 卵割(受精卵の細胞分裂) / (鉱物の結晶の)劈開(へきかい) / 《話》(大きなえりぐりのドレスから見える)乳房の谷間
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- 〈円錐・樹木など〉‘の'頭(端)を切る / 〈文章など〉‘を'切って詰める / 切り取られた / (生物の形態が)切形の(先端を切り取ったような形をしていること)
- …'を'まっぷたつに割る,裂く / 〈人垣・やぶ・波など〉'を'かき分けて突き進む;〈道〉を'を'切り開く / (木目などに沿って)割れる,裂ける / 切り分けて突き進む
- 〈物が〉(…に)くっつく,固着する《+『to』+『名』》 / 《文》《古》(…への)忠誠を守る,(…を)固守する《+『to』+『名』》
- 切除,除去;融除 / 溶発(ロケットの先端が大気圏突入で溶解すること)
- 〈U〉破損;〈C〉破損箇所 / 破損量 / 〈C〉《通例複数形で》《英》破損物 / 〈C〉破損額
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Altered White Matter and Sensory Response to Bodily Sensation in Female-to-Male Transgender Individuals.
- Case LK1,2,3, Brang D4,5,6, Landazuri R4,6, Viswanathan P4,6, Ramachandran VS4,6.
- Archives of sexual behavior.Arch Sex Behav.2016 Sep 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- While most people take identification with their body for granted, conditions such as phantom limb pain, alien hand syndrome, and xenomelia suggest that the feeling of bodily congruence is constructed and susceptible to alteration. Individuals with xenomelia typically experience one of their limbs a
- PMID 27646840
- Of Penguins, Pinnipeds, and Poisons: Anesthesia on Elephant Island.
- Firth PG1.
- Anesthesiology.Anesthesiology.2016 Jul;125(1):25-33. doi: 10.1097/ALN.0000000000001151.
- Although Ernest Shackleton's Endurance Antarctic expedition of 1914 to 1916 is a famous epic of survival, the medical achievements of the two expedition doctors have received little formal examination. Marooned on Elephant Island after the expedition ship sank, Drs. Macklin and McIlroy administered
- PMID 27148920
- Innovations in diabetic foot reconstruction using supermicrosurgery.
- Suh HS1, Oh TS1, Hong JP1.
- Diabetes/metabolism research and reviews.Diabetes Metab Res Rev.2016 Jan;32 Suppl 1:275-80. doi: 10.1002/dmrr.2755.
- The treatment of diabetic foot ulceration is complex with multiple factors involved, and it may often lead to limb amputation. Hence, a multidisciplinary approach is warranted to cover the spectrum of treatment for diabetic foot, but in complex wounds, surgical treatment is inevitable. Surgery may i
- PMID 26813618
- Extended distally based DMCA flap in combination with autologous amputate skin transplantation as a salvage procedure for ring avulsion injury.
- Wagner T1, Slater N1, Ulrich D1.
- European journal of plastic surgery.Eur J Plast Surg.2016;39:69-72. Epub 2015 Nov 14.
- A 23-year-old male student presented to our clinic with a traumatic complex ring avulsion of his right dominant index finger. Clinical evaluation revealed a complete distal amputation of the DIP joint with a laceration of the soft tissue at the middle phalanx and a rupture of the FDP-2-tendon far pr
- PMID 26848210
- 下腿 percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) により下肢切断範囲を縮小できた peripheral arterial disease (PAD), 糖尿病性壊疽の1例
- 日本透析医学会雑誌 = Journal of Japanese Society for Dialysis Therapy 41(6), 389-393, 2008-06-28
- NAID 10029405780
- 悪性リンパ腫治療中好中球減少時に合併した<I>Aeromonas veronii</I> biotype sobriaによる壊死性軟部組織感染症の1救命例
- amputate 【他動】〔手足を〕切断する - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- Amputate definition, to cut off (all or part of a limb or digit of the body), as by surgery. See more. ... No one had any hope that they could be saved, and when the party reached the fort, a doctor was sought to amputate them.
- amputateとは。意味や和訳。[他動詞]1 〈手・足・指などを〉(手術で)切断するamputate his leg at the kneeひざのところで足を切断する.2 〈余分な物を〉取り除く，削除する.3 ((廃)) 〈木の枝を〉剪定せんていする(prune).[語源]1638 ...
- ablate、ablation、ablative、amputate、amputation、axial section、break、breakage、cleavage、cleave、cross section、cross-section、cross-sectional、excise、excision、excisional、extirpation、horizontal incision、mutilation、resect、resection、resective、scission、sever、transect、transverse incision、transverse section、truncate、truncation