- the termination of something by causing so much damage to it that it cannot be repaired or no longer exists (同)devastation
- an event (or the result of an event) that completely destroys something (同)demolition, wipeout
- the act of causing disorder (同)perturbation
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- state of being torn or burst open
- the act of making a sudden noisy break
- a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions); "they hoped to avoid a break in relations" (同)breach, break, severance, rift, falling out
- destroy completely; damage irreparably; "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!"; "The tears ruined her make-up" (同)ruin
- do away with, cause the destruction or undoing of; "The fire destroyed the house" (同)destruct
- put (an animal) to death; "The customs agents destroyed the dog that was found to be rabid"; "the sick cat had to be put down" (同)put down
- do away with; "Slavery was abolished in the mid-19th century in America and in Russia" (同)get_rid_of
- throw into disorder; "This event disrupted the orderly process"
- a weapon that kills or injures civilian as well as military personnel (nuclear and chemical and biological weapons) (同)WMD, W.M.D.
- the act of destroying yourself; "his insistence was pure self-destruction"
- fire delivered for the sole purpose of destroying material objects
- 『破壊』[行為] / 破壊された状態,破滅,絶滅 / 破壊手段,破壊をもたらすもの
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- 〈U〉〈C〉(…の)破裂《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉〈C〉(友好的関係などの)決裂,仲たがい / 〈C〉裂け目 / 〈C〉脱腸,ヘルニア / …‘を'破裂させる / 〈友好関係など〉‘を'断ち切る / 破裂する
- …‘を'『破壊する』,打ち壊す / 〈計画・希望など〉‘を'くじく / …‘を'殺す
- …‘を'混乱させる / (一時的に)…‘を'中断させる
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Network analysis reveals why Xylella fastidiosa will persist in Europe.
- Strona G1, Carstens CJ2, Beck PS3.
- Scientific reports.Sci Rep.2017 Dec;7(1):71. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-00077-z. Epub 2017 Mar 6.
- PMID 28250430
- Exercise Training but not Curcumin Supplementation Decreases Immune Cell Infiltration in the Pancreatic Islets of a Genetically Susceptible Model of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Oharomari LK1, de Moraes C2, Navarro AM3.
- Sports medicine - open.Sports Med Open.2017 Dec;3(1):15. doi: 10.1186/s40798-017-0082-3. Epub 2017 Apr 4.
- PMID 28378202
- Appraising Loftus and Palmer (1974) post-event information versus concurrent commentary in the context of sport.
- Goldschmied N1, Sheptock M1, Kim K1, Galily Y2.
- Quarterly journal of experimental psychology (2006).Q J Exp Psychol (Hove).2017 Nov;70(11):2347-2356. doi: 10.1080/17470218.2016.1237980. Epub 2016 Oct 13.
- PMID 27643483
- Effect of water table variations and input of natural organic matter on the cycles of C and N, and mobility of As, Zn and Cu from a soil impacted by the burning of chemical warfare agents: A mesocosm study.
- Thouin H1, Battaglia-Brunet F2, Gautret P3, Le Forestier L3, Breeze D4, Séby F5, Norini MP3, Dupraz S4.
- The Science of the total environment.Sci Total Environ.2017 Oct 1;595:279-293. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.03.218. Epub 2017 Apr 4.
- PMID 28384583
- 特論講座 ものづくりにおける安全の追求(第2回)プラスチック・ゴム成形品の破損破壊の原理と対策(特に疲労劣化)
- 日本ゴム協会誌 = Journal of the Society of Rubber Science and Technology, Japan 90(10), 482-489, 2017-10
- NAID 40021339628
- イスラム問題の理解のために : イスラム過激派の文化遺産破壊の視点から
- Watch videos & listen free to Destruction: Curse The Gods, Mad Butcher & more. Destruction are a German thrash metal band formed in Lörrach, Germany in 1982. They are considered one of the "three kings" of ...
- destructionとは。意味や和訳。[名詞]1 破壊；(文書の)破棄；撲滅，駆除.⇒RUIN【類語】the wanton destruction of a town by invaders侵略者による容赦ない町の破壊.2 破壊，破滅，絶滅，滅亡the destruction left behind the raid空襲の後 ...
- Destruction - The official homepage of the german thrash legend · Destruction - Die offizielle Homepage der deutschen Thrash Legende · Destruction - The official homepage of the german thrash legend
- abolition、abrogate、blot out、break、demise、destroy、destruction、disappear、disappearance、discard、dismantle、disposal、disposition、disrupt、disruptant、disruption、erase、expiry、extinguish、invalidate、lesion、nullify、obliterate、perish、rupture、subversion、subvert、vanish
- 決裂、断絶。仲違い、不和(between, with)