- truncate table xxx;
- replace a corner by a plane
- make shorter as if by cutting off; "truncate a word"; "Erosion has truncated the ridges of the mountains" (同)cut_short
- terminating abruptly by having or as if having an end or point cut off; "a truncate leaf"; "truncated volcanic mountains"; "a truncated pyramid" (同)truncated
- approximate by ignoring all terms beyond a chosen one; "truncate a series"
- (embryology) the repeated division of a fertilised ovum (同)segmentation
- the breaking of a chemical bond in a molecule resulting in smaller molecules
- the state of being split or cleft; "there was a cleavage between the liberal and conservative members"
- the act of cleaving or splitting
- the line formed by a groove between two parts (especially the separation between a womans breasts)
- a surgical removal of all or part of a limb
- a condition of disability resulting from the loss of one or more limbs
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- make by cutting into; "The water is going to cleave a channel into the rock"
- separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument; "cleave the bone" (同)split, rive
- surgical removal of a body part or tissue (同)extirpation, cutting out, excision
- the erosive process that reduces the size of glaciers
- reimbursement for goods damaged while in transit or in use
- the quantity broken; "the total breakage was huge"
- the act of breaking something; "the breakage was unavoidable" (同)break, breaking
- remove an organ or bodily structure
- wear away through erosion or vaporization
- a frustum formed from a pyramid
- a frustum formed from a cone
- 〈円錐・樹木など〉‘の'頭(端)を切る / 〈文章など〉‘を'切って詰める / 切り取られた / (生物の形態が)切形の(先端を切り取ったような形をしていること)
- 割る(割れる)こと;割れ(裂け)目 / 卵割(受精卵の細胞分裂) / (鉱物の結晶の)劈開(へきかい) / 《話》(大きなえりぐりのドレスから見える)乳房の谷間
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- …'を'まっぷたつに割る,裂く / 〈人垣・やぶ・波など〉'を'かき分けて突き進む;〈道〉を'を'切り開く / (木目などに沿って)割れる,裂ける / 切り分けて突き進む
- 〈物が〉(…に)くっつく,固着する《+『to』+『名』》 / 《文》《古》(…への)忠誠を守る,(…を)固守する《+『to』+『名』》
- 切除,除去;融除 / 溶発(ロケットの先端が大気圏突入で溶解すること)
- 〈U〉破損;〈C〉破損箇所 / 破損量 / 〈C〉《通例複数形で》《英》破損物 / 〈C〉破損額
- (手術・溶解・腐食などで)…'を'除去する / 除去される
For other uses, see Truncation (disambiguation).
In mathematics and computer science, truncation is limiting the number of digits right of the decimal point.
- 1 Truncation and floor function
- 2 Causes of truncation
- 3 In algebra
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Truncation and floor function
Main article: Floor and ceiling functions
Truncation of positive real numbers can be done using the floor function. Given a number to be truncated and , the number of elements to be kept behind the decimal point, the truncated value of x is
However, for negative numbers truncation does not round in the same direction as the floor function: truncation always rounds toward zero, the floor function rounds towards negative infinity. This function ist used instead of
for a given number .
Causes of truncation
With computers, truncation can occur when a decimal number is typecast as an integer; it is truncated to zero decimal digits because integers cannot store non-integer real numbers.
An analogue of truncation can be applied to polynomials. In this case, the truncation of a polynomial P to degree n can be defined as the sum of all terms of P of degree n or less. Polynomial truncations arise in the study of Taylor polynomials, for example.
- Arithmetic precision
- Floor function
- Quantization (signal processing)
- Precision (computer science)
- Truncation (statistics)
- ^ Spivak, Michael (2008). Calculus (4th ed.). p. 434. ISBN 978-0-914098-91-1.
- Wall paper applet that visualizes errors due to finite precision
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Identification of a nonsense mutation in APAF1 that is likely causal for a decrease in reproductive efficiency in Holstein dairy cattle.
- Adams HA1, Sonstegard TS2, VanRaden PM2, Null DJ2, Van Tassell CP2, Larkin DM3, Lewin HA4.
- Journal of dairy science.J Dairy Sci.2016 Aug;99(8):6693-701. doi: 10.3168/jds.2015-10517. Epub 2016 Jun 8.
- The HH1 haplotype on chromosome 5 is associated with a reduced conception rate and a deficit of homozygotes at the population level in Holstein cattle. The source HH1 haplotype was traced to the bull Pawnee Farm Arlinda Chief (Chief), who was born in 1962 and has sired more than 16,000 daughters. We
- PMID 27289157
- Joint multiple imputation for longitudinal outcomes and clinical events that truncate longitudinal follow-up.
- Hu B1, Li L2, Greene T3.
- Statistics in medicine.Stat Med.2016 Jul 30;35(17):2991-3006. doi: 10.1002/sim.6590. Epub 2015 Jul 15.
- Longitudinal cohort studies often collect both repeated measurements of longitudinal outcomes and times to clinical events whose occurrence precludes further longitudinal measurements. Although joint modeling of the clinical events and the longitudinal data can be used to provide valid statistical i
- PMID 26179943
- A redescription of the monotypic felt scale insect genus Pedroniopsis Green (Hemiptera: Coccomorpha: Eriococcidae) from India and Burma.
- Hodgson CJ1, Williams DJ2.
- Zootaxa.Zootaxa.2016 Jul 8;4137(1):146-50. doi: 10.11646/zootaxa.4137.1.12.
- Here we redescribe the felt scale genus Pedroniopsis Green and its type species Pedroniopsis beesoni Green for the first time since it was described 90 years ago. We consider that the genus belongs to the family Eriococcidae as presently understood but realise that the family may not be monophyletic
- PMID 27395749
- Oncogenic Notch signaling in T-cell and B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders.
- Chiang MY1, Radojcic V, Maillard I.
- Current opinion in hematology.Curr Opin Hematol.2016 Jul;23(4):362-70. doi: 10.1097/MOH.0000000000000254.
- PURPOSE OF REVIEW: This article highlights recent discoveries about Notch activation and its oncogenic functions in lymphoid malignancies, and discusses the therapeutic potential of Notch inhibition.RECENT FINDINGS: NOTCH mutations arise in a broad spectrum of lymphoid malignancies and are increasin
- PMID 27135981
- HBV multidrug resistant sW172* truncated variant possibly involve in the ER stress pathway during hepatocarcinogenesis
- Production of an aminoterminally truncated, stable type of bioactive mouse fibroblast growth factor 4 in Escherichia coli(ENZYMOLOGY, PROTEIN ENGINEERING, AND ENZYME TECHNOLOGY)
- A-7-12 多バイト算術加算とAESのS-boxの縦属接続の差分確率について(A-7.情報セキュリティ,一般セッション)
- DELETE と TRUNCATE の違い:TRUNCATE TABLE(TRUNCATE CLUSTER) 操作は、データの件数の関係なく非常に高速にデータを削除することができる。削除とトランケート操作、どこが違い何か障害となるのか? TRUNCATE TABLE 操作に ...
- 各行の削除内容を記録せずにテーブル内のすべての行を削除します。 TRUNCATE TABLE は、WHERE 句を伴わない DELETE ステートメントに似ています。ただし、TRUNCATE TABLE の方が高速で、使用するシステム リソースと ...
- テーブルに含まれる全データを削除する場合にTRUNCATE文が用意あれています。次の書式を使います。 TRUNCATE TABLE tbl_name; 指定のテーブルに含まれる全データを削除します。 全データを削除するのであれば「DELETE FROM tbl ...
- ablate、ablation、ablative、amputate、amputation、axial section、break、breakage、cleavage、cleave、cross section、cross-section、cross-sectional、excise、excision、excisional、extirpation、horizontal incision、mutilation、resect、resection、resective、scission、sever、transect、transverse incision、transverse section、truncate、truncation