- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- cause to stop; "stop a car"; "stop the thief"
- a brief stay in the course of a journey; "they made a stopover to visit their friends" (同)stopover, layover
- the act of stopping something; "the third baseman made some remarkable stops"; "his stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood" (同)stoppage
- (music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes; "the organist pulled out all the stops"
- the event of something ending; "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill" (同)halt
- a spot where something halts or pauses; "his next stop is Atlanta"
- come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window" (同)halt
- stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process" (同)halt, block, kibosh
- interrupt a trip; "we stopped at Aunt Marys house"; "they stopped for three days in Florence" (同)stop over
- destroy the peace or tranquility of; "Dont interrupt me when Im reading" (同)disturb
- terminate; "She interrupted her pregnancy"; "break a lucky streak"; "break the cycle of poverty" (同)break
- a signal that temporarily stops the execution of a program so that another procedure can be carried out
- interfere in someone elses activity; "Please dont interrupt me while Im on the phone" (同)disrupt
- make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages" (同)disrupt, break_up, cut_off
- render temporarily ineffective; "the prison sentence was suspended"
- cause to be held in suspension in a fluid; "suspend the particles"
- bar temporarily; from school, office, etc. (同)debar
- make inoperative or stop; "suspend payments on the loan" (同)set aside
- hang freely; "The secret police suspended their victims from the ceiling and beat them"
- pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb" (同)retreat, pull away, draw back, recede, pull_back, retire, move back
- remove (a commodity) from (a supply source); "She drew $2,000 from the account"; "The doctors drew medical supplies from the hospitals emergency bank" (同)draw, take_out, draw_off
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- 〈動いているもの〉‘を'『止める』 / 〈供給など〉‘を'停止する / …‘を'阻止する,やめさせる / 〈自分がしていること〉‘を'『やめる』,中断する / 〈穴・口など〉‘を'ふさぐ,〈びんなど〉‘に'せんをする / 〈相手の一撃など〉‘を'かわす;〈相手〉‘を'打ち負かす,ノックアウトする / 〈楽器の弦・穴〉‘を'指で押さえる,〈音〉‘を'指で押さえて出す / 〈動いているものが〉『止まる』,停止する,立ち止まる / 〈仕事・話などが〉『中断する』;〈雨などが〉やむ / 〈人が〉仕事(話など)をやめる,手を休める,一息つく / 《話》(…に)滞在する,とどまる《+『at』+『名』〈場所〉『,』+『with』+『名』〈人〉》 / 『止まること』,停止,中止,中断 / (旅先での)短期間の滞在,立ち寄り / (道路の)停留所 / (穴などを)ふさぐこと…(びんなどの)せん / (パイプオルガンなどの)ストップ,音栓(肝先) / 句読点,(特に)終止符 / (レンズの)絞り / 閉鎖音([p][b][k]など)
- (行動や話の途中で)〈人〉‘を'『さえぎる』,妨げる / 〈行為・話など〉‘を'『中断する』 / 〈物事〉‘を'さえぎる / 『じゃまする』,話の腰を折る
- (…から)…‘を'『つるす』,ぶら下げる《+名+from+名》 / 《受動態で》(つるしたように,空中・水中などに)…‘を'静止させる,浮かせる / 〈法律・免状などの〉効力を当分停止する;…‘を'一時止める / 《受動態で》〈人〉‘を'停学(停職,出場停止)にする / 一時的に中止(停止)する
- (…から)…‘を'『引っ込める』《+名+from+名》 / (…から)…‘の'身を引かせる,‘を'退かせる《+名+from+名》 / (…から)…‘を'引き出す,回収する《+名+from+名》 / 〈申し出・約束など〉‘を'取り消す,撤回する / 『引き下がる』;(…から,…へ)退く《+from(into)+名》 / (…から)身を引く《+from+名(doing)》 / よける,身をかわす / 取り消す,撤回する
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Long-term follow-up of early mycosis fungoides patients treated with narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapy.
- Elcin G, Duman N, Karahan S, Ersoy-Evans S, Erkin G, Karaduman A, Hapa A, Atakan N, Akan T, Sahin S.Author information Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine , Ankara , Turkey.AbstractBACKGROUND: Narrowband ultraviolet B (UVB) provides complete response (CR) in 54-91% of early mycosis fungoides (MF) patients. Data concerning relapse rate and relapse-free interval after discontinuation of therapy need clarification. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the relapse rate and the relapse-free intervals of early MF patients after achieving complete response with narrowband UVB phototherapy.
- The Journal of dermatological treatment.J Dermatolog Treat.2014 Jun;25(3):268-73. doi: 10.3109/09546634.2012.735638. Epub 2012 Dec 8.
- BACKGROUND: Narrowband ultraviolet B (UVB) provides complete response (CR) in 54-91% of early mycosis fungoides (MF) patients. Data concerning relapse rate and relapse-free interval after discontinuation of therapy need clarification. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the relapse rate and th
- PMID 23030414
- Sustained remission of severe multicentric castleman disease following multiagent chemotherapy and tocilizumab maintenance.
- Turcotte LM, Correll CK, Reed RC, Moertel CL.Author information Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota.AbstractCastleman disease is a rare lymphoproliferative disorder, which presents in a unicentric or multicentric fashion. Multicentric Castleman disease (MCD) is associated with significant systemic symptoms, in part related to the underlying role of interleukin-6 in disease pathogenesis. Treatment for MCD has not been well established and prognosis has historically been poor. We present a case of severe MCD in a pediatric patient who has shown sustained remission following multi-agent chemotherapy and targeted maintenance therapy with the interleukin-6 receptor inhibitor, tocilizumab. This represents the first case report of sustained remission of MCD in a pediatric patient following discontinuation of tocilizumab therapy. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2014;61:737-739. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Pediatric blood & cancer.Pediatr Blood Cancer.2014 Apr;61(4):737-9. doi: 10.1002/pbc.24761. Epub 2013 Sep 9.
- Castleman disease is a rare lymphoproliferative disorder, which presents in a unicentric or multicentric fashion. Multicentric Castleman disease (MCD) is associated with significant systemic symptoms, in part related to the underlying role of interleukin-6 in disease pathogenesis. Treatment for MCD
- PMID 24019247
- Early discontinuation of thyroxine therapy is possible in most very low-birthweight infants with hypothyroidism detected by screening.
- Lim G, Lee YK, Han HS.Author information Department of Pediatrics, Ulsan University Hospital, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Ulsan, Korea.AbstractAIM: To determine the feasibility of discontinuing thyroid hormone treatment earlier than recommended by the current guidelines for congenital hypothyroidism.
- Acta paediatrica (Oslo, Norway : 1992).Acta Paediatr.2014 Mar;103(3):e123-9. doi: 10.1111/apa.12450. Epub 2013 Nov 15.
- AIM: To determine the feasibility of discontinuing thyroid hormone treatment earlier than recommended by the current guidelines for congenital hypothyroidism.METHODS: We retrospectively reviewed the medical records of very low-birthweight (VLBW) infants born at Chungbuk National University Hospital
- PMID 24117608
- 研究・症例 インフリキシマブの投与を契機に急速に増大した肺リウマチ結節の1例
- Up-regulation of effector natural killer cells and effector memory CD8+ T cells in maintaining complate molecular response after imatinib discontinuation in chronic myeloid leukemia
- 溝口 出,善本 隆之,水口 純一郎,大屋敷 純子,片桐 誠一郎,田内 哲三,木村 之彦,大屋敷 一馬
- 東京医科大学雑誌 71(4), 416-417, 2013-10-30
- NAID 120005355374
- discontinuation 【名】中止、中断、停止、遮断・In case of discontinuation at... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- discontinuationとは。意味や和訳。[名]中断，中絶，遮断. - goo辞書は国語、英和、和英、中国語、百科事典等からまとめて探せる辞書検索サービスです。 ... 音節 dis • con • tin • u • a • tion 発音 dìskəntìnjuéiʃən discontinuationの変化 ...
- abort、deprive、discontinuance、discontinuation、discontinue、drug withdrawal、free、obviate、omit、pause、recede、remove、stop、strip、suspend、withdrawal