- lack of connection or continuity
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- destroy the peace or tranquility of; "Dont interrupt me when Im reading" (同)disturb
- terminate; "She interrupted her pregnancy"; "break a lucky streak"; "break the cycle of poverty" (同)break
- a signal that temporarily stops the execution of a program so that another procedure can be carried out
- interfere in someone elses activity; "Please dont interrupt me while Im on the phone" (同)disrupt
- make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages" (同)disrupt, break_up, cut_off
- the act of terminating a project or procedure before it is completed; "I wasted a year of my life working on an abort"; "he sent a short message requesting an abort due to extreme winds in the area"
- cease development, die, and be aborted; "an aborting fetus"
- terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion
- terminate before completion; "abort the mission"; "abort the process running on my computer"
- some abrupt occurrence that interrupts an ongoing activity; "the telephone is an annoying interruption"; "there was a break in the action when a player was hurt" (同)break
- come to or be at an end; "the support from our sponsoring agency will discontinue after March 31"
- put an end to a state or an activity; "Quit teasing your little brother" (同)stop, cease, give_up, quit, lay off
- the boundary between the Earths crust and the underlying mantle; "the Mohorovicic discontinuity averages 5 miles down under oceans and 20 miles down under continents" (同)Moho
- 〈U〉連続していないこと;中断 / 〈C〉途切れ,切れ目
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- (行動や話の途中で)〈人〉‘を'『さえぎる』,妨げる / 〈行為・話など〉‘を'『中断する』 / 〈物事〉‘を'さえぎる / 『じゃまする』,話の腰を折る
- 流産する / 〈動植物や器官などが〉十分に発育しない / 〈計画が〉失敗する,中止となる / 〈胎児〉'を'流産させる / 〈計画など〉'を'中止する
- 〈U〉〈C〉(…の)じゃま,妨害,中断《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉妨害する物;さえぎる物
- 〈続けていること〉‘を'やめる,停止する,中止する / 中止になる
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Transport properties in a Sb-Te binary topological-insulator system.
- Takagaki Y, Giussani A, Tominaga J, Jahn U, Calarco R.SourcePaul-Drude-Institut für Festkörperelektronik, Hausvogteiplatz 5-7, D-10117 Berlin, Germany.
- Journal of physics. Condensed matter : an Institute of Physics journal.J Phys Condens Matter.2013 Aug 28;25(34):345801. doi: 10.1088/0953-8984/25/34/345801. Epub 2013 Jul 25.
- Sb-Te layers having various compositions between Sb2Te3 and Sb2Te are grown using molecular beam epitaxy. The structural and electrical properties of the layers change gradually with composition but exhibit a discontinuity involving a bistability. The holes in the layers are generated by Sb bilayers
- PMID 23883483
- Librational fluctuations in protein glasses.
- Marsh D, Bartucci R, Guzzi R, Sportelli L, Esmann M.SourceMax-Planck-Institut für biophysikalische Chemie, Göttingen, Germany. email@example.com
- Biochimica et biophysica acta.Biochim Biophys Acta.2013 Aug;1834(8):1591-5. doi: 10.1016/j.bbapap.2013.05.001. Epub 2013 May 10.
- Librational motions in the region of the protein "glass" (or dynamic) transition are analysed for spin-labelled haemoglobin, serum albumin and β-lactoglobulin by EPR spectroscopy. A discontinuity in the temperature dependence of the mean-square librational amplitude, <α(2)>, occurs in the re
- PMID 23669570
- Is there any predictor for tinnitus outcome in different types of otologic surgery?
- Habesoglu M, Habesoglu TE, Karatas C, Tosun A, Gursel AO, Oysu C.SourceDepartment of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Umraniye Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- European archives of oto-rhino-laryngology : official journal of the European Federation of Oto-Rhino-Laryngological Societies (EUFOS) : affiliated with the German Society for Oto-Rhino-Laryngology - Head and Neck Surgery.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol.2013 Aug;270(8):2225-9. doi: 10.1007/s00405-012-2271-5. Epub 2012 Nov 15.
- Our objective was to determine the effect of different types of otologic surgeries on tinnitus symptoms. Our study consisted of 63 patients who were operated between January and June 2011. Variables such as age, sex, presence of systemic diseases, location and size of the perforation, duration of dr
- PMID 23151890
- Does Winning a Pay-for-Performance Bonus Improve Subsequent Quality Performance? Evidence from the Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration.
- Ryan A, Sutton M, Doran T.SourcePublic Health Department, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY.
- Health services research.Health Serv Res.2013 Aug 1. doi: 10.1111/1475-6773.12097. [Epub ahead of print]
- OBJECTIVE: To test whether receiving a financial bonus for quality in the Premier Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration (HQID) stimulated subsequent quality improvement.DATA: Hospital-level data on process-of-care quality from Hospital Compare for the treatment of acute myocardial infarction (AMI
- PMID 23909992
- パラノイアから妄想性障害へ : 連続と不連続 (特集 パラノイアと妄想性障害)
- 1931年改正電気事業法体制の特徴と変質 : 京成電気軌道の東京電灯千葉区域譲受問題をめぐって
- 嶋 理人
- 歴史と経済 55(1), 28-42, 2012-10-30
- … However, the above case reveals the discontinuity between electricity management under the Revised Act and State management. …
- NAID 110009543838
- 多賀谷 侑史,安藤 晋,関 庸一
- 情報処理学会論文誌. 数理モデル化と応用 5(3), 1-13, 2012-09-28
- 自己組織化マップ (SOM) は, 2 次元格子平面上のマップ中のノードと,その特徴量を表す参照ベクトルを用いてサンプル構造の可視化と次元縮約を行う手法である.従来の SOM ではマップ形状があらかじめ指定されるため,サンプルが持つ位相構造がその形状に折り畳まれる.このときマップ上での参照ベクトルの連続性が損なわれる,あるいは,少数のサンプルしか適合しない参照ベクトルが生じるといった問題が起こりう …
- NAID 110009456285
- 広帯域地震解析による南極域のマントル異方性・不連続面 (総特集 青い地球と白い大陸の地震学 : 固体地球振動特性と不均質構造・ダイナミクスの解明(1))
- Discontinuity may refer to: Discontinuity (casting), An interruption in the normal physical structure or configuration of an article; Discontinuity (Geotechnical engineering) in geotechnics is a plane or surface marking a change in physical or ...
- Continuous functions are of utmost importance in mathematics and applications. However, not all functions are continuous. If a function is not continuous at a point in its domain, one says that it has a discontinuity there. The set of all points of ...
- abortion、abortive、break、discontinuance、discontinuation、discontinue、discontinuity、interrupt、interruption、miscarriage、miscarry、pause、spontaneous abortion、stop、suspend、withdraw、withdrawal