- the act of cutting short; "it is an obvious truncation of the verse"; "they were sentenced to a truncation of their limbs"
- the replacement of an edge or solid angle (as in cutting a gemstone) by a plane (especially by a plane that is equally inclined to the adjacent faces)
- (embryology) the repeated division of a fertilised ovum (同)segmentation
- the breaking of a chemical bond in a molecule resulting in smaller molecules
- the state of being split or cleft; "there was a cleavage between the liberal and conservative members"
- the act of cleaving or splitting
- the line formed by a groove between two parts (especially the separation between a womans breasts)
- a surgical removal of all or part of a limb
- a condition of disability resulting from the loss of one or more limbs
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- replace a corner by a plane
- make shorter as if by cutting off; "truncate a word"; "Erosion has truncated the ridges of the mountains" (同)cut_short
- terminating abruptly by having or as if having an end or point cut off; "a truncate leaf"; "truncated volcanic mountains"; "a truncated pyramid" (同)truncated
- approximate by ignoring all terms beyond a chosen one; "truncate a series"
- make by cutting into; "The water is going to cleave a channel into the rock"
- separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument; "cleave the bone" (同)split, rive
- surgical removal of a body part or tissue (同)extirpation, cutting out, excision
- the erosive process that reduces the size of glaciers
- reimbursement for goods damaged while in transit or in use
- the quantity broken; "the total breakage was huge"
- the act of breaking something; "the breakage was unavoidable" (同)break, breaking
- (mathematics) a miscalculation that results from cutting off a numerical calculation before it is finished
- 割る(割れる)こと;割れ(裂け)目 / 卵割(受精卵の細胞分裂) / (鉱物の結晶の)劈開(へきかい) / 《話》(大きなえりぐりのドレスから見える)乳房の谷間
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- 〈円錐・樹木など〉‘の'頭(端)を切る / 〈文章など〉‘を'切って詰める / 切り取られた / (生物の形態が)切形の(先端を切り取ったような形をしていること)
- …'を'まっぷたつに割る,裂く / 〈人垣・やぶ・波など〉'を'かき分けて突き進む;〈道〉を'を'切り開く / (木目などに沿って)割れる,裂ける / 切り分けて突き進む
- 〈物が〉(…に)くっつく,固着する《+『to』+『名』》 / 《文》《古》(…への)忠誠を守る,(…を)固守する《+『to』+『名』》
- 切除,除去;融除 / 溶発(ロケットの先端が大気圏突入で溶解すること)
- 〈U〉破損;〈C〉破損箇所 / 破損量 / 〈C〉《通例複数形で》《英》破損物 / 〈C〉破損額
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Caudal Image Contrast Inversion in MPRAGE at 7 Tesla Problem and Solution.
- Wrede KH, Johst S, Dammann P, Umutlu L, Schlamann MU, Sandalcioglu IE, Sure U, Ladd ME, Maderwald S.SourceErwin L. Hahn Institute for Magnetic Resonance Imaging, University Duisburg-Essen, UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Zollverein, Leitstand Kokerei Zollverein, Essen, Germany; Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45147 Essen, Germany.
- Academic radiology.Acad Radiol.2012 Feb;19(2):172-8. Epub 2011 Nov 21.
- RATIONALE AND OBJECTIVES: The magnetization-prepared rapid-acquisition gradient-echo (MPRAGE) sequence regularly shows caudal image contrast inversion at 7 T and therefore reduced clinical applicability. The investigators report the technical source of this problem and present a practical solution.M
- PMID 22104286
- A founder BRCA2 mutation in non-Afrikaner breast cancer patients of the Western Cape of South Africa.
- van der Merwe N, Hamel N, Schneider SR, Apffelstaedt J, Wijnen J, Foulkes W.SourceDivision of Human Genetics, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa Department of Human Genetics, National Health Laboratory Services, Bloemfontein, South Africa Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre Program in Cancer Genetics, Departments of Oncology and Human Genetics, McGill University, Montréal, Quebec, Canada Department of Surgery, University of Stellenbosch and Breast Clinic, Tygerberg Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa Center for Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands Lady Davis Institute and Segal Cancer Centre, Jewish Hospital, Montréal, Quebec, Canada.
- Clinical genetics.Clin Genet.2012 Feb;81(2):179-184. doi: 10.1111/j.1399-0004.2010.01617.x. Epub 2011 Jan 10.
- van der Merwe NC, Hamel N, Schneider S-R, Apffelstaedt JP, Wijnen JT, Foulkes WD. A founder BRCA2 mutation in non-Afrikaner breast cancer patients of the Western Cape of South Africa. Founder mutations in BRCA1 and BRCA2 have been reported in many different populations. We studied 105 Coloured and 1
- PMID 21204799
- Paramedics and the effects of shift work on sleep: a literature review.
- Sofianopoulos S, Williams B, Archer F.SourceDepartment of Community Emergency Health and Paramedic Practice, School of Primary Health Care, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University - Peninsula Campus, Frankston, 3199 Victoria, Australia; email@example.com.
- Emergency medicine journal : EMJ.Emerg Med J.2012 Feb;29(2):152-5. Epub 2010 Oct 18.
- Introduction This paper investigates the literature regarding the impact of shift work on prehospital emergency providers. While the issue of shift work has been thoroughly investigated in other health disciplines, this is not the case for the paramedic discipline, particularly in the Australian con
- PMID 20956391
- Nanowall-Shaped MgO Substrate with Flat (100) Sidesurface: A New Route to Three-Dimensional Functional Oxide Nanostructured Electronics
- Fujiwara Yasushi,Hattori Azusa N.,Fujiwara Kohei,Tanaka Hidekazu
- Jpn J Appl Phys 52(1), 015001-015001-5, 2013-01-25
- … The sidesurface on the nanowall MgO exhibited (111) facets with edge truncation instead of the most stable (100) face when the aspect ratio between the height and width of the nanowall MgO was lower than 0.7. …
- NAID 150000106289
- Planning under Correlated and Truncated Price and Demand Uncertainties
- Li Wenkai,Karimi I. A.,Srinivasan R.
- Economics & management series EMS-2012-15, 1-45, 2012-09
- … It is found that the correlation and truncation of price and demand have major influences on plant net profit. …
- NAID 110009456267
- 白澤 徹郎,荒川 悦雄,VOEGELI Wolfgang,高橋 敏男,松下 正
- 放射光 25(4), 229-237, 2012-07-31
- NAID 10030494792
- Non-local Correlations in the Haldane Phase for an XXZ Spin-1 Chain: A Perspective from Infinite Matrix Product State Representation
- Su Yao Heng,Cho Sam Young,Li Bo,Wang Hong-Lei,Zhou Huan-Qiang
- J Phys Soc Jpn 81(7), 074003-074003-11, 2012-07-15
- … In the XY phase (Tomonaga--Luttinger liquid phase), the behavior of the string correlations shows a unique two-step decaying to zero within a relatively very large lattice distance for any finite truncation dimension but its disappearance with zero string correlation in the thermodynamic limit, which makes a finite-size study difficult to verify the non-existence of the string order. …
- NAID 150000103238
- truncationとは。意味や和訳。[名][U] ⇒trun・cate1 先[端]を切り取ること，(先端の)切断状態.2 韻律学音節省略.3 コンピュータ(検索語などを)省略すること，トランケーション.... - goo英和辞書は14万項目以上を収録し、発音、音声、慣用句 ...
- A truncated cube - faces double in sides, and vertices replaced by new faces. A Truncated cubic honeycomb - faces doubled in sides, and vertices replaced by new cells. In geometry, a truncation is an operation in any dimension that ...
- ablate、ablation、ablative、amputate、amputation、axial section、break、breakage、cleavage、cleave、cross section、cross-section、cross-sectional、excise、excision、excisional、extirpation、horizontal incision、mutilation、resect、resection、resective、scission、sever、transect、transverse incision、transverse section、truncate、truncation