- a plane figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top and intersecting at the bottom; conventionally used on playing cards and valentines; "he drew a heart and called it a valentine"
- the courage to carry on; "he kept fighting on pure spunk"; "you havent got the heart for baseball" (同)mettle, nerve, spunk
- an inclination or tendency of a certain kind; "he had a change of heart" (同)spirit
- a playing card in the major suit that has one or more red hearts on it; "he led the queen of hearts"; "hearts were trumps"
- the locus of feelings and intuitions; "in your heart you know it is true"; "her story would melt your bosom" (同)bosom
- the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body; "he stood still, his heart thumping wildly" (同)pump, ticker
- a firm rather dry variety meat (usually beef or veal); "a five-pound beef heart will serve six"
- be offended or bothered by; take offense with, be bothered by; "I dont mind your behavior"
- that which is responsible for ones thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; "his mind wandered"; "I couldnt get his words out of my head" (同)head, brain, psyche, nous
- your intention; what you intend to do; "he had in mind to see his old teacher"; "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces" (同)idea
- knowledge and intellectual ability; "he reads to improve his mind"; "he has a keen intellect" (同)intellect
- attention; "dont pay him any mind"
- recall or remembrance; "it came to mind"
- keep in mind (同)bear in mind
- be concerned with or about something or somebody
- the inner and usually edible part of a seed or grain or nut or fruit stone; "black walnut kernels are difficult to get out of the shell" (同)meat
- a single whole grain of a cereal; "a kernel of corn"
- the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutors argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story" (同)substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart_and_soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
- able to perceive sound
- an opportunity to state your case and be heard; "they condemned him without a hearing"; "he saw that he had lost his audience" (同)audience
- (law) a proceeding (usually by a court) where evidence is taken for the purpose of determining an issue of fact and reaching a decision based on that evidence
- the ability to hear; the auditory faculty; "his hearing was impaired" (同)audition, auditory sense, sense of hearing, auditory modality
- a session (of a committee or grand jury) in which witnesses are called and testimony is taken; "the investigative committee will hold hearings in Chicago"
- receive a communication from someone; "We heard nothing from our son for five years"
- examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process; "The jury had heard all the evidence"; "The case will be tried in California" (同)try
- perceive (sound) via the auditory sense
- a form of whist in which players avoid winning tricks containing hearts or the queen of spades (同)Black_Maria
- 〈C〉『心臓』;胸 / 〈C〉(感情の中心をなす)『心』,気持ち / 〈U〉愛情,同情 / 〈U〉『勇気』,元気,熱意 / 《the ~》『中心』,内部,(物事の)本質,核心 / 〈C〉ハート形の物;(カードの)ハートの札
- 〈U〉(思考・知覚・意志などをつかさどる)『心』,精神 / 〈C〉《単数形で》(心の働きによって生じた)『知性』,理性,理解力 / 〈U〉正常な精神状態,正気 / 〈C〉意見,考え方,物の見方 / 〈U〉記憶,回想 / 《one's~》注意,精神の集中 / 〈C〉《単数形で》願い,意向 / 〈C〉《前に形容詞を伴って》(…を備えた)人 / 《しばしば命令文で》…‘に'『注意する』,用心する / …‘の'番をする,世話をする(look after) / 〈人,助言など〉‘の'言うことを聞く,‘に'従う / 《否定・疑問・条件文で》…‘を'『気にする』,『気にかける』,いやだと思う / 《疑問文・否定文で》気にする,心配する,いやに思う
- (果実の)仁(じん) / (麦・とうもろこしなどの)穀粒(grain) / (問題の)核心,眼目
- 〈U〉『聴力』,聴覚〈U〉〈C〉(…を)『聞くこと』,(…の)聞き取り《+『of』+『名』》・〈C〉聞いてもらう機会,聞いてやること・聴取・聴聞会〈C〉(法廷などでの)尋問,審問,;(刑罰の減免を求める)釈明,意見陳述 / 〈U〉聞こえる距離(範囲)
- 〈音〉‘が'『聞こえる』,‘を'聞く(進行形にできない) / 〈人の言うこと〉‘に'『耳を傾ける』,‘を'注意深く聞く(listen);(裁判官などが)…の申し立てを聞く / 〈うわさ・ニュースなど〉‘を'『耳にしている』,聞いている / 『耳が聞こえる』 / 《しばしば命令形で》耳を傾ける,注意を向ける / 『うわさ』(『消息』)『を聞く』
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Dental caries and vaccination strategy against the major cariogenic pathogen, Streptococcus mutans.
- Zhang S.Author information Department of Dentistry, Taishan Sanatorium of Shandong Province, Taian, Shandong Province, 271000, China. email@example.com.AbstractAlthough dental caries is a global problem in modern times, no vaccines are available for preventing these diseases. Among the bacterial pathogens that cause dental caries, including Streptococcus mutans, S. sobrinus, and Lactobacillus acidophilus, and Actinomyces viscosus, S. mutans is the most prominent and prevalent species. During the past, much effort has been focused on developing vaccines against S. mutans. Early attempts used fixed whole cells of S. mutans, but later it was found that serological cross-reactivity between heart tissue antigens and Streptococcus antigens occurs in patients resulting in rheumatic fever. Recently, with the aid of molecular biology, the genome sequences of S. mutans strains are available, which can greatly accelerate the development of subunit vaccines. Many desirable candidate subunit vaccines have been or are going to be evaluated in either experimental animal models or in human clinical trials. In this review article, we summarized the updated progress made in deciphering the mechanisms of disease development and the achievements of vaccine research against S. mutans.
- Current pharmaceutical biotechnology.Curr Pharm Biotechnol.2014 Nov;14(11):960-6.
- Although dental caries is a global problem in modern times, no vaccines are available for preventing these diseases. Among the bacterial pathogens that cause dental caries, including Streptococcus mutans, S. sobrinus, and Lactobacillus acidophilus, and Actinomyces viscosus, S. mutans is the most pro
- PMID 24372246
- A novel method for predicting antioxidant activity based on amino acid structure.
- Garrett AR1, Weagel EG1, Martinez AD1, Heaton M1, Robison RA1, O'Neill KL2.Author information 1Department of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, Brigham Young University, 855 WIDB, Provo, UT 84602, USA.2Department of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, Brigham Young University, 855 WIDB, Provo, UT 84602, USA. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractEpidemiological studies show a positive correlation between oxidative stress and chronic disease development such as heart disease and cancer. While several antioxidant compounds with varying physical and chemical characteristics are able to reduce oxidative stress in biological systems, relatively few studies have been performed to examine the structural characteristics that produce potent antioxidants. We examined 20 essential and non-essential amino acids using the ORAC assay and used a simplest-case amino acid model to gather data to make predictions regarding the antioxidant activity of non-amino acid compounds; we also tested our findings on chalcone and nitrone data from the current literature. We observed that the sp(2)-hybridized carbons were the most consistent predictors of antioxidant activity in all groups. Valence electron to carbon ratio and length of conjugated double bond groups also emerged as important structural characteristics. Further testing may help to elucidate more accurate trends, as well as nonlinear relationships.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Sep 1;158:490-6. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.02.102. Epub 2014 Mar 1.
- Epidemiological studies show a positive correlation between oxidative stress and chronic disease development such as heart disease and cancer. While several antioxidant compounds with varying physical and chemical characteristics are able to reduce oxidative stress in biological systems, relatively
- PMID 24731374
- Cardiopulmonary toxicity of pulmonary exposure to occupationally relevant zinc oxide nanoparticles.
- Chuang HC1, Juan HT, Chang CN, Yan YH, Yuan TH, Wang JS, Chen HC, Hwang YH, Lee CH, Cheng TJ.Author information 1School of Respiratory Therapy, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University , Taipei , Taiwan.AbstractExposure to zinc oxide (ZnO) metal fumes is linked to adverse human health effects; however, the hazards of ZnO nanoparticles (ZnONPs) remain unclear. To determine pulmonary exposure to occupationally relevant ZnONPs cause cardiopulmonary injury, Sprague-Dawley rats were exposed to ZnONPs via intratracheal (IT) instillation and inhalation. The relationship between intrapulmonary zinc levels and pulmonary oxidative-inflammatory responses 72 h after ZnONP instillation was determined in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF). Instilled ZnONPs altered zinc balance and increased the levels of total cells, neutrophils, lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and total protein in BALF and 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) in blood after 72 h. The ZnONPs accumulated predominantly in the lungs over 24 h, and trivial amounts of zinc were determined in the heart, liver, kidneys and blood. Furthermore, the inflammatory-oxidative responses induced by occupationally relevant levels of 1.1 and 4.9 mg/m(3) of ZnONP inhalation for 2 weeks were determined in BALF and blood at 1, 7 and 30 days post-exposure. Histopathological examinations of the rat lungs and hearts were performed. Inhalation of ZnONP caused an inflammatory cytological profile. The total cell, neutrophil, LDH and total protein levels were acutely increased in the BALF, and there was an inflammatory pathology in the lungs. There were subchronic levels of white blood cells, granulocytes and 8-OHdG in the blood. Cardiac inflammation and the development of fibrosis were detected 7 days after exposure. Degeneration and necrosis of the myocardium were detected 30 days after exposure. The results demonstrate that ZnONPs cause cardiopulmonary impairments. These findings highlight the occupational health effects for ZnONP-exposed workers.
- Nanotoxicology.Nanotoxicology.2014 Sep;8(6):593-604. doi: 10.3109/17435390.2013.809809. Epub 2013 Jun 25.
- Exposure to zinc oxide (ZnO) metal fumes is linked to adverse human health effects; however, the hazards of ZnO nanoparticles (ZnONPs) remain unclear. To determine pulmonary exposure to occupationally relevant ZnONPs cause cardiopulmonary injury, Sprague-Dawley rats were exposed to ZnONPs via intrat
- PMID 23738974
- Generating fibre orientation maps in human heart models using Poisson interpolation.
- Wong J1, Kuhl E.Author information 1a Department of Mechanical Engineering , Stanford University , Stanford , CA 94305 , USA.AbstractSmoothly varying muscle fibre orientations in the heart are critical to its electrical and mechanical function. From detailed histological studies and diffusion tensor imaging, we now know that fibre orientations in humans vary gradually from approximately - 70° in the outer wall to +80° in the inner wall. However, the creation of fibre orientation maps for computational analyses remains one of the most challenging problems in cardiac electrophysiology and cardiac mechanics. Here, we show that Poisson interpolation generates smoothly varying vector fields that satisfy a set of user-defined constraints in arbitrary domains. Specifically, we enforce the Poisson interpolation in the weak sense using a standard linear finite element algorithm for scalar-valued second-order boundary value problems and introduce the feature to be interpolated as a global unknown. User-defined constraints are then simply enforced in the strong sense as Dirichlet boundary conditions. We demonstrate that the proposed concept is capable of generating smoothly varying fibre orientations, quickly, efficiently and robustly, both in a generic bi-ventricular model and in a patient-specific human heart. Sensitivity analyses demonstrate that the underlying algorithm is conceptually able to handle both arbitrarily and uniformly distributed user-defined constraints; however, the quality of the interpolation is best for uniformly distributed constraints. We anticipate our algorithm to be immediately transformative to experimental and clinical settings, in which it will allow us to quickly and reliably create smooth interpolations of arbitrary fields from data-sets, which are sparse but uniformly distributed.
- Computer methods in biomechanics and biomedical engineering.Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin.2014 Aug;17(11):1217-26. doi: 10.1080/10255842.2012.739167. Epub 2012 Dec 5.
- Smoothly varying muscle fibre orientations in the heart are critical to its electrical and mechanical function. From detailed histological studies and diffusion tensor imaging, we now know that fibre orientations in humans vary gradually from approximately - 70° in the outer wall to +80° in the i
- PMID 23210529
- Primary Cardiac Lymphoma: A Lesson Learned from an Unsuccessful Experience
- Idiopathic Ventricular Fibrillation Manifesting Delta-wave during Hypothermia Treatment
- Multiple Life-threatening Coronary Artery Spasms after Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for Acute Coronary Syndrome
- First Nationwide Survey of 199 Patients with Amyloid A Amyloidosis in Japan
- The official website of Heart, formed by sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson ... Where will you see the #MusicEqualsLoveTour this fall? NOV 14 - DESERT DIAMOND CASINO - Tucson, AZ NOV 15 - HARRAH'S RINCON - THE EVENTS ...
- 封筒、名刺をはじめ、あらゆる紙製品を扱うハートグループの公式サイトです。封筒1400種類以上、名刺290種以上の既製品と、メーカーならではの高品質と 対応力で ビジネスをサポートします。封筒・名刺・紙製品のことならハート ...
- 株式会社 HEARTでは、フラワーコーディネート、アレンジメント、ウェディング、イベント装花、フラワースクールなど「花」を使った事業を展開しております。｜人によって「花」に対する思いや印象は様々だと思います。しかし ...
- ☆case28 慢性に経過する胸痛
- 25歳 女性
- にあり、左腋窩に放散していた。胸痛は胸を締め付けられる、あるいは握りつぶされるような痛みであり、5-30分持続した。胸痛はどんなときでも出現することがあった。労作時によく出現したが、ある場合には安静時にも出現し、特に夕方に出現した。胸痛には息切れが伴うことが良くあった。胸痛が出現したときには、どんなときでも身動きができなくなり、痛みと共にが遠くなったり、めまいをかんじた。時々、胸痛と共に動悸があった。動悸は強く感じられたが、心拍動はしっかりしていた(steady heart beat)。
- ・15歳 虫垂摘出
- ・30歳 腹症(irregular bowel habit)と腹痛：精査(be investigated for)をうけたが、診断がつかず(no specific diagnosis was arrived at)。症状は現在も持続。
- ・季節性鼻炎(seasonal rhinitis)
- ・2年前コレステロールを測定したが4.1 mmol/Lであった
- 基準値(HIM A-10)
- 単位：mg/dL (mmol/L)
- desirable: ＜200 (＜5.17)
- borderline high: 200-239 (5.17-6.18)
- high: ≧240 (≧6.21)
- 生活歴：medical secretaryとして働いている。既婚で子供はいない
- 身体所見 examination
- 血圧：102/65 mmHg。脈拍：78/分、整。心音に異常所見はみとめない。左胸部、胸骨左部、乳腺下部に圧痛。呼吸数22/分。肺に異常所見を認めない。左腸骨窩に圧痛。
- 検査所見 investigations
- 後下行枝 = 後室間枝
- 酸素供給能 = 心臓の送血能 x 血液のHb量 x (動脈の酸素飽和度(肺) - 静脈の酸素飽和度(末梢))
- 1. 意識水準を保つ
- 2. 覚醒・睡眠のリズムを調節する
- 3. 血を循環させる
- → 心虚