- a quantity of money; "he borrowed a large sum"; "the amount he had in cash was insufficient" (同)sum of money, amount, amount of money
- the whole amount (同)total, totality, aggregate
- a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers (同)amount, total
- the final aggregate; "the sum of all our troubles did not equal the misery they suffered" (同)summation, sum total
- give an abstract (of)
- not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature; "a large abstract painting" (同)abstractionist, nonfigurative, nonobjective
- consider a concept without thinking of a specific example; consider abstractly or theoretically
- consider apart from a particular case or instance; "Lets abstract away from this particular example"
- dealing with a subject in the abstract without practical purpose or intention; "abstract reasoning"; "abstract science"
- existing only in the mind; separated from embodiment; "abstract words like `truth and `justice"
- of short duration or distance; "a brief stay in the country"
- a document stating the facts and points of law of a clients case (同)legal brief
- a condensed written summary or abstract
- concise and succinct; "covered the matter in a brief statement"
- give essential information to someone; "The reporters were briefed about the Presidents plan to invade"
- the line that appears to bound an object (同)lineation
- a schematic or preliminary plan (同)schema, scheme
- a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory (同)synopsis, abstract, precis
- (physiology) the process whereby multiple stimuli can produce a response (in a muscle or nerve or other part) that one stimulus alone does not produce
- the arithmetic operation of summing; calculating the sum of two or more numbers; "the summation of four and three gives seven"; "four plus three equals seven" (同)addition, plus
- a concluding summary (as in presenting a case before a law court) (同)summing up, rundown
- (music) the repetition of themes introduced earlier (especially when one is composing the final part of a movement)
- a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion (同)recap, review
- (music) the section of a composition or movement (especially in sonata form) in which musical themes that were introduced earlier are repeated
- take on again, as after a time lapse; "He re-assumed his old behavior"
- 〈C〉《the sum》(数・量の)『合形』,総計(sum total)《+of+名》 / 〈U〉《時に a sum》(抽象的なことの)全体《+of+名》 / 〈C〉《形容詞をつけて》(…の)『額』《+of+名》 / 〈C〉《話》算数,算数の問題 / 〈U〉《the sum》(…の)要約,要旨《+of+名》 / …‘を'『合計する』《+up+名,+名+up》 / 合計して…になる《+up to+名》
- 『抽象的な』 / 理論的な,観念的な / (美術において)抽象派の / 〈U〉抽象 / 〈C〉抜粋,摘要(summary) / 〈C〉抽象美術作品 / (いくつかのものから)〈ある概念〉'を'抽象する,抽出する《+『名』+『from』+『名』》 / 〈本・スピーチなど〉'を'要約する(summarize),抜粋する / (…から)〈金属など〉'を'抽出する,分離する《+『名』+『from』+『名』》
- 『短時間の』;短期間の(short) / 言葉数の少ない,簡潔な / (弁護士が裁判所に提出する)弁輪趣意書 / 《複数形で》(下着の)ブリーフ / 〈人〉‘に'必要な指示(情報)を与える / ‥‘を'要約する
- (物の)『輪郭』,外形《+『of』+『名』》 / (…の)輪郭図,線画,略図《+『of』+『名』》 / (話・でき事などの)『概要』,あらまし;《複数形で》(…の)要点,眼目《+『of』+『名』》 / …‘の'『輪郭を描く』,略図を描く / …‘の'概要を述へる,‘を'概説する
- 〈C〉(弁護人の)最終弁論 / 〈U〉足し算 / 〈C〉合計
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Quantitative determination of active Bowman-Birk isoinhibitors, IBB1 and IBBD2, in commercial soymilks.
- Arques MC1, Marín-Manzano MC1, da Rocha LC2, Hernandez-Ledesma B3, Recio I3, Clemente A4.Author information 1Department of Nutrition, Estación Experimental del Zaidín (CSIC), Profesor Albareda 1, 18008 Granada, Spain.2Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Universidade Federal do Ceará, Fortaleza, Brazil.3Department of Food Analysis and Bioactivity, Institute of Food Science (CIAL, CSIC-UAM), Nicolás Cabrera 9, 28049 Madrid, Spain.4Department of Nutrition, Estación Experimental del Zaidín (CSIC), Profesor Albareda 1, 18008 Granada, Spain. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractNaturally-occurring serine protease inhibitors of the Bowman-Birk family exert their potential chemopreventive and/or therapeutic properties via protease inhibition. In this study, we have quantified the amounts of active BBI isoinhibitors, IBB1 and IBBD2, in six commercial soymilks. By using cation exchange chromatography, the BBI isoinhibitors were isolated and their specific trypsin inhibitory activity was used to estimate their amounts in soymilk samples. IBB1 and IBBD2 concentrations ranged from 0.44 to 5.20 and 0.27 to 4.60mg/100ml of soymilk, respectively; total BBI, considered as the sum of both isoinhibitors, ranged from 0.60 to 9.07mg/100ml of soymilk. These data show that physiologically relevant amounts of active BBI are present in commercial soymilk and may exert potential health-promoting effects.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Jul 15;155:24-30. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.01.024. Epub 2014 Jan 23.
- Naturally-occurring serine protease inhibitors of the Bowman-Birk family exert their potential chemopreventive and/or therapeutic properties via protease inhibition. In this study, we have quantified the amounts of active BBI isoinhibitors, IBB1 and IBBD2, in six commercial soymilks. By using cation
- PMID 24594149
- Multisensory integration in schizophrenia: a behavioural and event-related potential study.
- Wynn JK1, Jahshan C, Green MF.Author information 1a Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System , Los Angeles , CA , USA.AbstractIntroduction Successful processing of multisensory stimuli increases the likelihood of detection or identification of salient, biologically significant events faster and more efficiently than unisensory inputs. Schizophrenia (SZ) patients show deficits in unisensory processing, but it is unclear whether impairments are seen to multisensory stimuli, a process known as multisensory integration (MSI). We used behavioural and event-related potential (ERP) measures to examine MSI in SZ and healthy controls (HC). Methods Thirty-three SZ and 30 HC completed a target detection task with unisensory and multisensory stimuli. Reaction times (RT) were measured while their electroencephalogram (EEG) was recorded. Two auditory (N100 and P200) and visual (P100 and N160) ERPs were examined. MSI was analysed in terms of violations of RT to the race model and by comparing ERPs in the MSI condition to the sum of the unisensory ERPs. Results Both groups showed faster RT in MSI compared to unisensory conditions. SZ had non-significantly fewer violations of the race model compared to HC. SZ had significantly smaller amplitudes to unisensory visual N160 and auditory P100 relative to HC; there were no significant group differences on any ERP measure of MSI. Conclusions SZ showed relatively intact MSI with subtle (non-significant) differences at the neural and behavioural levels compared to HC. Our results suggest that neural processes associated with MSI are not an additional source of impairment in SZ.
- Cognitive neuropsychiatry.Cogn Neuropsychiatry.2014 Jul;19(4):319-36. doi: 10.1080/13546805.2013.866892. Epub 2014 Jan 8.
- Introduction Successful processing of multisensory stimuli increases the likelihood of detection or identification of salient, biologically significant events faster and more efficiently than unisensory inputs. Schizophrenia (SZ) patients show deficits in unisensory processing, but it is unclear whe
- PMID 24397788
- An empirical model for dissolution profile and its application to floating dosage forms.
- Weiss M1, Kriangkrai W2, Sungthongjeen S2.Author information 1Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok, Thailand; Department of Pharmacology, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Halle, Germany. Electronic address: email@example.comDepartment of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok, Thailand.AbstractA sum of two inverse Gaussian functions is proposed as a highly flexible empirical model for fitting of in vitro dissolution profiles. The model was applied to quantitatively describe theophylline release from effervescent multi-layer coated floating tablets containing different amounts of the anti-tacking agents talc or glyceryl monostearate. Model parameters were estimated by nonlinear regression (mixed-effects modeling). The estimated parameters were used to determine the mean dissolution time, as well as to reconstruct the time course of release rate for each formulation, whereby the fractional release rate can serve as a diagnostic tool for classification of dissolution processes. The approach allows quantification of dissolution behavior and could provide additional insights into the underlying processes.
- European journal of pharmaceutical sciences : official journal of the European Federation for Pharmaceutical Sciences.Eur J Pharm Sci.2014 Jun 2;56:87-91. doi: 10.1016/j.ejps.2014.02.013. Epub 2014 Mar 5.
- A sum of two inverse Gaussian functions is proposed as a highly flexible empirical model for fitting of in vitro dissolution profiles. The model was applied to quantitatively describe theophylline release from effervescent multi-layer coated floating tablets containing different amounts of the anti-
- PMID 24613489
- Probabilistic risk assessment of the exposure to polybrominated diphenyl ethers via fish and seafood consumption in the Region of Valencia (Spain).
- Pardo O1, Beser MI2, Yusà V3, Beltrán J4.Author information 1Centre for Public Health Research (CSISP-FISABIO), 21, Avenida Catalunya, 46020 Valencia, Spain; Analytical Chemistry Department, Universit of Valencia, Edifici Jeroni Muñoz, Dr. Moliner 50, 46100 Burjassot, Spain. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.orgCentre for Public Health Research (CSISP-FISABIO), 21, Avenida Catalunya, 46020 Valencia, Spain; Public Health Laboratory of Valencia, Spain.3Centre for Public Health Research (CSISP-FISABIO), 21, Avenida Catalunya, 46020 Valencia, Spain; Analytical Chemistry Department, Universit of Valencia, Edifici Jeroni Muñoz, Dr. Moliner 50, 46100 Burjassot, Spain; Public Health Laboratory of Valencia, Spain.4Research Institute for Pesticides and Water, University Jaume I, Castellón, Spain.AbstractThe study was carried out to estimate the dietary intake of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) in the Region of Valencia (Spain) in order to evaluate the resultant risk. The PBDE levels in fish and seafood (a total of 206 samples) were determined. Dietary intake was estimated using results of PBDE analyses in fish and seafood marketed in the Region of Valencia over the period 2007-2012 and data of the first Valencian Food Consumption Survey, conducted in 2010. Two scenarios were assumed for left-censored results: the lower-bound (LB) scenario, in which unquantified results (below the limit of quantification (LOQ)) were set to zero and the upper-bound (UB) scenario, in which unquantified results were set to the LOQ and two approaches (deterministic and probabilistic) were compared. The mean PBDE concentration in fish and seafood from Valencian markets was between 0.97 and 3.87ngg-1 w.w. and was similar to that reported recently by European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). Among the analysed congeners, BDE-47 showed the highest levels and salmon, mackerel and swordfish were the most contaminated species. The average estimated daily intake of the sum of PBDEs (upper bound scenario; probabilistic approach) for adults and children were 0.137ngkg-1 body weight (b.w.) day and 0.180ngkgb.w.-1d-1, respectively. In relation to risk analysis, calculated margins of exposure (MOEs) for the BDE-47, -99 and -153 congeners for children and do not indicate a health concern with respect to current dietary exposure in the Valencian Region and only 0.05% of the adult population and a 0.1% of children could be in risk derived by BDE-99 intake through fish.
- Chemosphere.Chemosphere.2014 Jun;104C:7-14. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2013.12.084. Epub 2014 Feb 15.
- The study was carried out to estimate the dietary intake of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) in the Region of Valencia (Spain) in order to evaluate the resultant risk. The PBDE levels in fish and seafood (a total of 206 samples) were determined. Dietary intake was estimated using results of PB
- PMID 24534151
- Mechanism of formation of ultrashallow thermal donors in carbon-doped oxygen-rich monocrystalline silicon preannealed to introduce hydrogen
- Hara Akito,Awano Teruyoshi
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54(10), 101302, 2015-09-18
- … It was observed that an increase in the intensity of UTSDs leads to a reduction in that of hydrogen-related shallow thermal donors [STD(H)s], and the sum of the area intensities of the lines in the transmission spectra of USTDs and STD(H)s is nearly constant when the silicon crystals are annealed for longer than 10 h at 480 °C. …
- NAID 150000111383
- Parasitic antenna effect in terahertz plasmon detector array for real-time imaging system
- Yang Jong-Ryul,Lee Woo-Jae,Ryu Min,Kim Kyung,Han Seong-Tae
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54(10), 102001, 2015-09-15
- … Experimental results show that the performance of the detector pixel is determined by the sum of the effects of each parasitic antenna and the on-chip integrated antenna designed to detect signals at the operating frequency. …
- NAID 150000111399
- Investigating Orbital Magnetic Moments in Spinel-Type MnV<sub>2</sub>O<sub>4</sub>Using X-ray Magnetic Circular Dichroism
- Okabayashi Jun,Miyasaka Shigeki,Hemmi Kazuhiro,Tanaka Kiyohisa,Tajima Setsuko,Wadati Hiroki,Tanaka Arata,Takagi Yasumasa,Yokoyama Toshihiko
- Journal of the Physical Society of Japan 84(10), 2015-09-07
- NAID 160000000863
- Combining novel device architecture and NIR dye towards the fabrication of transparent conductive oxide-less tandem dye sensitized solar cells
- Baranwal Ajay,Fujikawa Naotaka,Hayat Azwar,Ogomi Yuhei,Pandey Shyam,Ma Tingli,Hayase Shuzi
- Appl. Phys. Express 8(10), 102301, 2015-09-07
- … 1.18 V (sum of top cell and bottom cell V<inf>oc</inf>) justifies the TCO-less tandem DSSC formation. …
- NAID 150000111338
- オートSUMボタン『Σ』を使った入力方法 topへ さまざまな『∑』の使い方は→オートサムボタンの使い方(オートSUMボタン)を参照してください。 合計を表示するセルE12をクリックし、アクティブにします。 ツールバーの【Σ】オート ...
- SUM関数の使い方 SUM関数は指定した数値の合計値を返します。 引数は1個から30個まで指定することが出来ます。 計算対象には数値以外にも論理値、数値を表す文字列も含まれます。 特定の値の合計を計算したい場合はSUMIF関数を ...
- SUMストアが日本ファンのためだけに作った限定商品を紹介し、お買い物もできるSUM公式アプリです。SUMはS.M.ENTERTAINMENTのセレブリティが提案するユニーク・ストアです。様々なストーリが込められた各エピソードの日本オリジナル商品 ...
- abstract, brevis, briefly, outline, recapitulate, recapitulation, short, short duration, short term, short-term, sum, summarize, summary, synopses, synopsis
- abstract, brief, outline, recapitulation, recycle, recycling, reuse, reutilize, salvage, sum, summarize, summary, synopses, synopsis
- garden pea、Pisum sativum
- transverse colon