- (`cease is a noun only in the phrase `without cease'
- have left or have as a remainder; "That left the four of us"; "19 minus 8 leaves 11"
- leave unchanged or undisturbed or refrain from taking; "leave it as is"; "leave the young fawn alone"; "leave the flowers that you see in the park behind" (同)leave alone, leave_behind
- be survived by after ones death; "He left six children"; "At her death, she left behind her husband and 11 cats" (同)leave_behind
- the period of time during which you are absent from work or duty; "a ten days leave to visit his mother" (同)leave_of_absence
- permission to do something; "she was granted leave to speak"
- make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain; "This leaves no room for improvement"; "The evidence allows only one conclusion"; "allow for mistakes"; "leave lots of time for the trip"; "This procedure provides for lots of leeway" (同)allow for, allow, provide
- remove oneself from an association with or participation in; "She wants to leave"; "The teenager left home"; "She left her position with the Red Cross"; "He left the Senate after two terms"; "after 20 years with the same company, she pulled up stakes" (同)depart, pull up stakes
- go away from a place; "At what time does your train leave?"; "She didnt leave until midnight"; "The ship leaves at midnight" (同)go forth, go away
- have as a result or residue; "The water left a mark on the silk dress"; "Her blood left a stain on the napkin" (同)result, lead
- act or be so as to become in a specified state; "The inflation left them penniless"; "The presidents remarks left us speechless"
- go and leave behind, either intentionally or by neglect or forgetfulness; "She left a mess when she moved out"; "His good luck finally left him"; "her husband left her after 20 years of marriage"; "she wept thinking she had been left behind"
- put an end to; "The terrible news ended our hopes that he had survived"
- a final state; "he came to a bad end"; "the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end" (同)destruction, death
- the point in time at which something ends; "the end of the year"; "the ending of warranty period" (同)ending
- bring to an end or halt; "She ended their friendship when she found out that he had once been convicted of a crime"; "The attack on Poland terminated the relatively peaceful period after WW I" (同)terminate
- a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold (同)remainder, remnant, oddment
- (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage; "no one wanted to play end"
- the part you are expected to play; "he held up his end"
- the concluding parts of an event or occurrence; "the end was exciting"; "I had to miss the last of the movie" (同)last, final_stage
- either extremity of something that has length; "the end of the pier"; "she knotted the end of the thread"; "they rode to the end of the line"; "the terminals of the anterior arches of the fornix" (同)terminal
- (football) the person who plays at one end of the line of scrimmage; "the end managed to hold onto the pass"
- a boundary marking the extremities of something; "the end of town"
- a final part or section; "we have given it at the end of the section since it involves the calculus"; "Start at the beginning and go on until you come to the end"
- one of two places from which people are communicating to each other; "the phone rang at the other end"; "both ends wrote at the same time"
- the surface at either extremity of a three-dimensional object; "one end of the box was marked `This side up"
- have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo" (同)stop, finish, terminate, cease
- be the end of; be the last or concluding part of; "This sad scene ended the movie" (同)terminate
- reach agreement on; "They concluded an economic agreement"; "We concluded a cease-fire"
- come to a close; "The concert closed with a nocturne by Chopin" (同)close
- reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation (同)resolve
- bring to a close; "The committee concluded the meeting"
- come out in the end
- uninterrupted in time and indefinitely long continuing; "the ceaseless thunder of surf"; "in constant pain"; "night and day we live with the incessant noise of the city"; "the never-ending search for happiness"; "the perpetual struggle to maintain standards in a democracy"; "mans unceasing warfare with drought and isolation"; "unremitting demands of hunger" (同)constant, incessant, never-ending, perpetual, unceasing, unremitting
- die before; die earlier than; "She predeceased her husband"
- 『やむ』,終わる / …'を'『やめる』,中止する / 終止
- (…に向かって)〈場所〉‘を'『去る』,離れる;〈人〉‘の'所を去る《+『名』+『for』+『名』》 / 〈会・学校など〉‘を'『やめる』,〈仕事など〉‘を'やめる / 《副詞[句]を伴って》〈人・物〉‘を'置いていく,置き去りにする,残しておく / 〈人・物〉‘を'(…の)『ままにしておく』,(…に)する / (物事に)〈人〉‘を'『ゆだねる』,任せる《+『名』〈人〉+『to』+『名』》 / (人に)〈物事〉‘を'『任せる』,ゆだねる,預ける《+『名』+『with』(『to』))+『名』〈人〉》 / 〈家族・遺産・名声など〉‘を'死後に残す / (差引き)…‘を'余りとして残す / (…に向けて)『去る』,出かける,出発する《+『for』+『名』》
- 〈U〉『許可』,許し(permission) / 〈U〉(軍隊・官庁・学校などで正式に許可される)『休暇』,暇;〈C〉休暇の期間 / 〈U〉別れ,いとまごい(farewell)
- (細いものの)『端』,先端《+『of』+『名』》 / (物語などの)『終り』,終結部《+『of』+『名』》 / (物事・期間の)『最後』《+『of』+『名』》;(…に)結末をつけるもの《+『to』+『名』》 / (…の)端の部分,末端部《『of』+『名』》 / 《しばしば複数形で》『目的』(purpose),目標(aim) / 《遠回しに》死,滅亡 / 《しばしば複数形で》切れ端,くず,残りもの / (事業などの)部門(part) / (フットボールで)エンド)前衛両端の選手または位置) / …‘を'『終わらせる』,終える / 〈物事が〉…‘の'終りとなる,‘を'締めくくる / 『終わる』,終了する(come to an end)
- 《文》〈演説・論文・会合〉'を'『終わりにする』,終える / 〈事柄など〉'を'『結論する』,〈行動・意見など〉'を'決定する / 〈条約など〉'を'締結する,結ぶ / (…で)〈話・文などが〉『終わる』,結論になる,〈人が〉話を結ぶ《+『with』+『名』(do『ing』)》
- (…で)…‘を'終わらせる《+名+with+名》 / …‘の'終りにくる,結びとなる / …‘の'境界となる / 『終わる』,終結する
- 『死亡した』(dead),故人となった(late) / 《名詞的に;the de・ceased》《単数扱い》《特定の》故人;《集合的に》故人たち
||Look up cease in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Cease may refer to:
- CEASE, a nonprofit organization
- Cease (surname), a surname
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Vemurafenib-induced pityriasis amiantacea: a case report.
- Bilgiç Ö1.
- Cutaneous and ocular toxicology.Cutan Ocul Toxicol.2016 Dec;35(4):329-31. doi: 10.3109/15569527.2015.1100635. Epub 2015 Oct 29.
- Vemurafenib, a novel treatment for patients with BRAF-positive metastatic melanoma, is associated with a wide spectrum of cutaneous adverse events both benign and malignant. Vemurafenib-induced pityriasis amiantacea (PA), a scaling reaction of the scalp that may cause temporary or cicatricial alopec
- PMID 26513697
- Examining Smoking Cessation in a Community-Based Versus Clinic-Based Intervention Using Community-Based Participatory Research.
- Sheikhattari P1,2,3, Apata J4,5, Kamangar F4,6, Schutzman C5, O'Keefe A7, Buccheri J8, Wagner FA4,5.
- Journal of community health.J Community Health.2016 Dec;41(6):1146-1152.
- Tobacco use remains a major public health problem in the U.S. disproportionately affecting underserved communities. The Communities Engaged and Advocating for a Smoke-free Environment (CEASE) initiative is an intervention to address the problem using a community-based participatory research (CBPR) a
- PMID 27688221
- Prolonged Repetitive Head Trauma Induces a Singular Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy-Like Pathology in White Matter Despite Transient Behavioral Abnormalities.
- Briggs DI1, Angoa-Pérez M2, Kuhn DM2.
- The American journal of pathology.Am J Pathol.2016 Nov;186(11):2869-2886. doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2016.07.013. Epub 2016 Sep 20.
- Repetitive mild traumatic brain injury (rmTBI), resulting from insults caused by an external mechanical force that disrupts normal brain function, has been linked to the development of neurodegenerative diseases, such as chronic traumatic encephalopathy and Alzheimer disease; however, neither the se
- PMID 27662795
- WAZIRI CULTURE AND PASHTUN TRIBAL GOVERNANCE SYSTEM : A MISSING LINK TO HALT THE DEADLIEST WAR IN WILD WAZIRISTAN
- Asian journal of social sciences & humanities 5(1), 144-158, 2016-02
- NAID 40020808537
- Creativity-fostering Assessment of English at Schools : Why and How?(JLTA 2014 KELTA Delegate Presentation)
- cease 【自動】終わる、やむ、止まる、停止する 【用法】ceaseは文語的。普通は... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- ceaseとstopの違い Posted on 2014年3月17日 By Atom ceaseの意味は 「をやめる、を中止する」 です。 The storm ceased yesterday. その嵐は昨日、やんだ。 stopの意味は 「をやめる、を止める、をやめさせる、をふさぐ、を停止する ...
- He see an incident in which a spectator is left unconscous.
- bisphenol A-glycidyl methacrylate、cease、concise、conclusion、end、eventuate、terminate