- Although acetaldehyde may be a potential accelerant to liver injury, this risk is generally offset by an aversion to further alcohol intake induced by flushing.
- produce by offset printing; "offset the conference proceedings"
- a plate makes an inked impression on a rubber-blanketed cylinder, which in turn transfers it to the paper (同)offset_printing
- compensate for or counterbalance; "offset deposits and withdrawals" (同)countervail
- cause (printed matter) to transfer or smear onto another surface
- create an offset in; "offset a wall"
- a colorless volatile water-soluble liquid aldehyde used chiefly in the manufacture of acetic acid and perfumes and drugs (同)ethanal
- cause to stop; "stop a car"; "stop the thief"
- a brief stay in the course of a journey; "they made a stopover to visit their friends" (同)stopover, layover
- the act of stopping something; "the third baseman made some remarkable stops"; "his stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood" (同)stoppage
- (music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes; "the organist pulled out all the stops"
- the event of something ending; "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill" (同)halt
- a spot where something halts or pauses; "his next stop is Atlanta"
- come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window" (同)halt
- stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process" (同)halt, block, kibosh
- interrupt a trip; "we stopped at Aunt Marys house"; "they stopped for three days in Florence" (同)stop over
- slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric; "a bias fold"
- a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation (同)prejudice, preconception
- cause to be biased (同)predetermine
- influence in an unfair way; "you are biasing my choice by telling me yours"
- cause to stop; "Halt the engines"; "Arrest the progress"; "halt the presses" (同)hold, arrest
- the act of turning yourself (or your gaze) away; "averting her gaze meant that she was angry" (同)averting
- (banking) the legal right of a bank to seize deposited funds to cover a loan that is in default
- a method of offset printing using photomechanical plates (同)photo-offset
- offset printing by lithography
- (…を)相殺(そうさい)するもの,(…の)埋め合わせ《+『to』(『for』)+『名』》 / (地面に近い幹から出る)側枝,横枝 / =offset printing / …‘を'埋め合わせる,相殺する / …‘を'オフセット印刷する
- 〈動いているもの〉‘を'『止める』 / 〈供給など〉‘を'停止する / …‘を'阻止する,やめさせる / 〈自分がしていること〉‘を'『やめる』,中断する / 〈穴・口など〉‘を'ふさぐ,〈びんなど〉‘に'せんをする / 〈相手の一撃など〉‘を'かわす;〈相手〉‘を'打ち負かす,ノックアウトする / 〈楽器の弦・穴〉‘を'指で押さえる,〈音〉‘を'指で押さえて出す / 〈動いているものが〉『止まる』,停止する,立ち止まる / 〈仕事・話などが〉『中断する』;〈雨などが〉やむ / 〈人が〉仕事(話など)をやめる,手を休める,一息つく / 《話》(…に)滞在する,とどまる《+『at』+『名』〈場所〉『,』+『with』+『名』〈人〉》 / 『止まること』,停止,中止,中断 / (旅先での)短期間の滞在,立ち寄り / (道路の)停留所 / (穴などを)ふさぐこと…(びんなどの)せん / (パイプオルガンなどの)ストップ,音栓(肝先) / 句読点,(特に)終止符 / (レンズの)絞り / 閉鎖音([p][b][k]など)
- 〈C〉(布地の裁断や縫い目の)斜線,バイアス / 〈C〉〈U〉(…に対する)心理的傾向,性癖;先入観;偏見《+『toward』(『against』,『for』)+『名』》 / 斜めの;斜めに裁った / (…に対して)〈人〉‘に'偏見を抱かせる,〈人の意見・心〉'を'一方に片寄らせる / 《+『名』+『against』(『towards, in favor of』)+『名』》
- 《a~》『停止』,休止 / 《おもに英》停車場;バス停 / 『停止』(休止)『する』 / …‘を'停止(休止)させる
- 〈U〉(…に対する)嫌悪(けんお),けぎらい《+『to』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈C〉大きらいな人(もの)
- 停止,休止,止まり(stop) / (事態の)行き詰まり
||Look up offset in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Offset may refer to:
- Offset (film), a 2006 film featuring Răzvan Vasilescu and Alexandra Maria Lara.
- Offset (law), a reduction in the amount to be paid by a losing party on the basis of debt owed by the prevailing party.
- Offset agreement, a trade practice in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Offset loan (finance), a type of flexible lending arrangement.
- Offset printing, a printing technique where an inked image is transferred from plate to printing surface via a rubber blanket.
- Offset Software, a video game development company.
- Project Offset, working title of a first-person shooter video game by Offset Software.
- Carbon offset, a financial instrument meant to aid efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Offset, member of Migos.
Science and engineering
- Offset (botany), a separable part of a plant that can develop into a new, independent plant.
- Offset (computer science), the distance to (displacement of) an element within a data object.
- Offset (gears), the perpendicular distance between the axes of hypoid or offset-facing gears.
- Offset (geometry)
- Offset (geophysics), the distance between a source and receiver of seismic or other geophysical readings.
- Offset (wheel), "the distance between the mounting surface of the back of [a] wheel and the wheel[']s [axis]".
- Offset dish antenna, a type of satellite dish.
- DC offset, the mean amplitude of a waveform (originally, a direct-current ("DC") waveform).
- Frequency offset, the difference between a source and a reference frequency.
- Phase offset
- Displacement (vector) or "offset", the position of a point or a particle in reference to an origin or to a previous position.
- ^ http://www.fastcar.co.uk/2012/01/12/what-is-offset-and-pcd/
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- A novel compound 6D-offset simulating phantom and quality assurance program for stereotactic image-guided radiation therapy system.
- Yuen Kan Ngar D, Lok-Man Cheung M, Koon-Ming Kam M, Poon WS, Tak-Cheung Chan A.Author information The Chinese University of Hong Kong. firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractA comprehensive quality assurance (QA) device cum program was developed for the commissioning and routine testing of the 6D IGRT systems. In this article, both the new QA system and the BrainLAB IGRT system which was added onto a Varian Clinac were evaluated. A novel compound 6D-offset simulating phantom was designed and fabricated in the Prince of Wales Hospital (PWH), Hong Kong. The QA program generated random compound 6D-offset values. The 6D phantom was simply set up and shifted accordingly. The BrainLAB ExacTrac X-ray IGRT system detected the offsets and then corrected the phantom position automatically through the robotic couch. Routine QA works facilitated data analyses of the detection errors, the correction errors, and the correlations. Fifty sets of data acquired in 2011 in PWH were thoroughly analyzed. The 6D component detection errors and correction errors of the IGRT system were all within ± 1 mm and ± 1° individually. Translational and rotational scalar resultant errors were found to be 0.50 ± 0.27mm and 0.54 ± 0.23°, respectively. Most individual component errors were shown to be independent of their original offset values. The system characteristics were locally established. The BrainLAB 6D IGRT system added onto a regular linac is sufficiently precise for stereotactic RT. This new QA methodology is competent to assure the IGRT system overall integrity. Annual grand analyses are recommended to check local system consistency and for external cross comparison. The target expansion policy of 1.5 mm 3D margin from CTV to PTV is confirmed for this IGRT system currently in PWH.
- Journal of applied clinical medical physics / American College of Medical Physics.J Appl Clin Med Phys.2014 Nov 4;14(6):4297. doi: 10.1120/jacmp.v14i6.4297.
- A comprehensive quality assurance (QA) device cum program was developed for the commissioning and routine testing of the 6D IGRT systems. In this article, both the new QA system and the BrainLAB IGRT system which was added onto a Varian Clinac were evaluated. A novel compound 6D-offset simulating ph
- PMID 24257294
- Mechanism of androgen receptor corepression by CKβBP2/CRIF1, a multifunctional transcription factor coregulator expressed in prostate cancer.
- Tan JA, Bai S, Grossman G, Titus MA, Harris Ford O, Pop EA, Smith GJ, Mohler JL, Wilson EM, French FS.Author information Laboratories for Reproductive Biology, Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, United States.AbstractThe transcription factor coregulator Casein kinase IIβ-binding protein 2 or CR6-interacting factor 1 (CKβBP2/CRIF1) binds the androgen receptor (AR) in prostate cancer cells and in response to dihydrotestosterone localizes with AR on the prostate-specific antigen gene enhancer, but does not bind DNA suggesting CKβBP2/CRIF1 localization in chromatin is determined by AR. In this study we show also that CKβBP2/CRIF1 inhibits wild-type AR and AR N-terminal transcriptional activity, binds to the AR C-terminal region, inhibits interaction of the AR N- and C-terminal domains (N/C interaction) and competes with p160 coactivator binding to the AR C-terminal domain, suggesting CKβBP2/CRIF1 interferes with AR activation functions 1 and 2. CKβBP2/CRIF1 is expressed mainly in stromal cells of benign prostatic hyperplasia and in stroma and epithelium of prostate cancer. CKβBP2/CRIF1 protein is increased in epithelium of androgen-dependent prostate cancer compared to benign prostatic hyperplasia and decreased slightly in castration recurrent epithelium compared to androgen-dependent prostate cancer. The multifunctional CKβBP2/CRIF1 is a STAT3 interacting protein and reported to be a coactivator of STAT3. CKβBP2/CRIF1 is expressed with STAT3 in prostate cancer where STAT3 may help to offset the AR repressor effect of CKβBP2/CRIF1 and allow AR regulation of prostate cancer growth.
- Molecular and cellular endocrinology.Mol Cell Endocrinol.2014 Jan 25;382(1):302-13. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2013.09.036. Epub 2013 Oct 5.
- The transcription factor coregulator Casein kinase IIβ-binding protein 2 or CR6-interacting factor 1 (CKβBP2/CRIF1) binds the androgen receptor (AR) in prostate cancer cells and in response to dihydrotestosterone localizes with AR on the prostate-specific antigen gene enhancer, but does not bind D
- PMID 24103312
- Functional near-infrared spectroscopy for the measurement of propofol effects in conscious sedation during outpatient elective colonoscopy.
- Curtin A, Izzetoglu K, Reynolds J, Menon R, Izzetoglu M, Osbakken M, Onaral B.Author information School of Biomedical Engineering, Science & Health Systems, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA. Electronic address: Adrian.B.Curtin@drexel.edu.AbstractEndoscopic procedures performed in the United States routinely involve the use of conscious sedation as standard of care. The use of sedation reduces patient discomfort and anxiety while improving the technical quality of the procedure, and as a result, over 98% of clinicians have adopted the practice. The tremendous benefits of sedation are offset by heightened costs, increased patient discharge time, and cardiopulmonary complication risks. The inherent liabilities of putting patients under sedation have necessitated a large number of physiological monitoring systems in order to ensure patient comfort and safety. Currently American Society of Anesthesiologist (ASA) guidelines recommend monitoring of pulse oximetry, blood pressure, heart rate, and end-tidal CO2; although important safeguards, these physiological measurements do not allow for the reliable assessment of patient sedation. Proper monitoring of patient state ensures procedure quality and patient safety; however no "gold-standard" is available to determine the depth of sedation which is comparable to the anesthesiologist's professional judgment. Developments in functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) over the past two decades have introduced cost-effective, portable, and non-invasive neuroimaging tools which measure cortical hemodynamic activity as a correlate of neural functions. Anesthetic drugs, such as propofol, operate by suppressing cerebral metabolism. fNIRS imaging methods have the ability to detect these drug related effects as well as neuronal activity through the measurement of local cerebral hemodynamic changes. In the present study, 41 patients were continuously monitored using fNIRS while undergoing outpatient elective colonoscopy with propofol sedation. The preliminary results indicated that oxygenated hemoglobin changes in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, as assessed by fNIRS were correlated with changes in response to bolus infusions of propofol, whereas other standard physiological measures were not significantly associated.
- NeuroImage.Neuroimage.2014 Jan 15;85 Pt 1:626-36. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2013.07.009. Epub 2013 Jul 10.
- Endoscopic procedures performed in the United States routinely involve the use of conscious sedation as standard of care. The use of sedation reduces patient discomfort and anxiety while improving the technical quality of the procedure, and as a result, over 98% of clinicians have adopted the practi
- PMID 23850462
- Geometrical and optical benchmarking of copper guanidine-quinoline complexes: Insights from TD-DFT and many-body perturbation theory(†).
- Jesser A, Rohrmüller M, Schmidt WG, Herres-Pawlis S.Author information Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Department Chemie, Butenandtstr. 5-13, 81377, München, Germany.AbstractWe report a comprehensive computational benchmarking of the structural and optical properties of a bis(chelate) copper(I) guanidine-quinoline complex. Using various (TD-)DFT flavors a strong influence of the basis set is found. Moreover, the amount of exact exchange shifts metal-to-ligand bands by 1 eV through the absorption spectrum. The BP86/6-311G(d) and B3LYP/def2-TZVP functional/basis set combinations were found to yield results in best agreement with the experimental data. In order to probe the general applicability of TD-DFT to excitations of copper bis(chelate) charge-transfer (CT) systems, we studied a small model system that on the one hand is accessible to methods of many-body perturbation theory (MBPT) but still contains simple guanidine and imine groups. These calculations show that large quasiparticle energies of the order of several electronvolts are largely offset by exciton binding energies for optical excitations and that TD-DFT excitation energies deviate from MBPT results by at most 0.5 eV, further corroborating the reliability of our TD-DFT results. The latter result in a multitude of MLCT bands ranging from the visible region at 3.4 eV into the UV at 5.5 eV for the bis(chelate) complex. Molecular orbital analysis provided insight into the CT within these systems but gave mixed transitions. A meaningful transition assignment is possible, however, by using natural transition orbitals. Additionally, we performed a thorough conformational analysis as the correct description of the copper coordination is crucial for the prediction of optical spectra. We found that DFT identifies the correct conformational minimum and that the MLCTs are strongly dependent on the torsion of the chelate angles at the copper center. From the results, it is concluded that extensive benchmarking allows for the quantitative analyses of the CT behavior of copper bis(chelate) complexes within TD-DFT. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Journal of computational chemistry.J Comput Chem.2014 Jan 5;35(1):1-17. doi: 10.1002/jcc.23449. Epub 2013 Oct 2.
- We report a comprehensive computational benchmarking of the structural and optical properties of a bis(chelate) copper(I) guanidine-quinoline complex. Using various (TD-)DFT flavors a strong influence of the basis set is found. Moreover, the amount of exact exchange shifts metal-to-ligand bands by 1
- PMID 24122864
- A 10-bit 1.2GS/s 45mW time-Interleaved SAR ADC with background calibration
- A -86.88 dBc/Hz @1MHz <i>K</i>-band Fractional-N Frequency Synthesizer in 90-nm CMOS Technology
- A ECG offset cancelling readout circuit using a current mode feedback loop technique
- Full-set high-speed mode analysis in few-mode fibers by polarization-split segmented coherent detection method: Proposal and simulation of calculation error
- OFFSET関数の基準はセルA2です。この基準セルは移動させませんので、[行数]と[列数]はともに 0 です。 さて、基準セルA2を、セル範囲A2:C5に広げるには、OFFSET関数の引数[高さ]に 4、[幅]に 3 を指定します。この[高さ]に現在入力 ...
- B1に =OFFSET(A1,1,0)を入力すると以下の表の結果となります。 B1の=OFFSET(A1,1,0)では基準にA1セルを指定し、行数に1、列数に0、 高さ・幅は省略しています。 よって、A1セルから1行下方向にシフトしたB2セルの値"Excel"がB1に ...
- =OFFSET(B3,MATCH(C10,B4:B7,0),MATCH(C9,C3:E3,0)) は =OFFSET(B3,3,2) となります。 基準セルB3から3行下へ、さらに2つ右の列へ移動しますので、D6セルの値が表示されます。 なお、問題の意図からは外れますが ...
- Although acetaldehyde may be a potential accelerant to liver injury, this risk is generally offset by an aversion to further alcohol intake induced by flushing.