- perceive with attention; direct ones gaze towards; "She looked over the expanse of land"; "Look at your child!"; "Look--a deer in the backyard!"
- have a certain outward or facial expression; "How does she look?"; "The child looks unhappy"; "She looked pale after the surgery"
- the act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually; "he went out to have a look"; "his look was fixed on her eyes"; "he gave it a good looking at"; "his camera does his looking for him" (同)looking, looking at
- physical appearance; "I dont like the looks of this place"
- give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect; "She seems to be sleeping"; "This appears to be a very difficult problem"; "This project looks fishy"; "They appeared like people who had not eaten or slept for a long time" (同)appear, seem
- accord in appearance with; "You dont look your age!"
- convey by ones expression; "She looked her devotion to me"
- write out a check on a bank account
- a written order directing a bank to pay money; "he paid all his bills by check" (同)bank check, cheque
- make cracks or chinks in; "The heat checked the paint" (同)chink
- arrest the motion (of something) abruptly; "He checked the flow of water by shutting off the main valve"
- the act of inspecting or verifying; "they made a check of their equipment"; "the pilot ran through the check-out procedure" (同)checkout, check-out procedure
- a mark left after a small piece has been chopped or broken off of something (同)chip
- (chess) a direct attack on an opponents king
- a textile pattern of squares or crossed lines (resembling a checkerboard); "she wore a skirt with checks"
- obstructing an opponent in ice hockey
- the bill in a restaurant; "he asked the waiter for the check" (同)chit, tab
- put a check mark on or near or next to; "Please check each name on the list"; "tick off the items"; "mark off the units" (同)check off, mark, mark_off, tick off, tick
- be verified or confirmed; pass inspection; "These stories dont check!" (同)check_out
- examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition; "check the brakes"; "Check out the engine" (同)check up on, look into, check_out, suss out, check over, go over, check into
- mark into squares or draw squares on; draw crossed lines on (同)checker, chequer
- slow the growth or development of; "The brain damage will retard the childs language development" (同)retard, delay
- hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism" (同)turn_back, arrest, stop, contain, hold back
- abandon the intended prey, turn, and pursue an inferior prey
- block or impede (a player from the opposing team) in ice hockey
- consign for shipment on a vehicle; "check your luggage before boarding"
- decline to initiate betting
- hand over something to somebody as for temporary safekeeping; "Check your coat at the door"
- make an examination or investigation; "check into the rumor"; "check the time of the class"
- place into check; "He checked my kings"
- stop for a moment, as if out of uncertainty or caution; "She checked for an instant and missed a step"
- stop in a chase especially when scent is lost; "The dog checked"
- verify by consulting a source or authority; "check the spelling of this word"; "check your facts"
- see and understand, have a good eye; "The artist must first learn to see"
- the seat within a bishops diocese where his cathedral is located
- be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product" (同)check, insure, see to it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure
- deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I dont see the situation quite as negatively as you do" (同)consider, reckon, view, regard
- accompany or escort; "Ill see you to the door" (同)escort
- deliberate or decide; "See whether you can come tomorrow"; "lets see--which movie should we see tonight?"
- go to see for a social visit; "I went to see my friend Mary the other day"
- go to see for professional or business reasons; "You should see a lawyer"; "We had to see a psychiatrist"
- match or meet; "I saw the bet of one of my fellow players"
- observe as if with an eye; "The camera saw the burglary and recorded it"
- perceive by sight or have the power to perceive by sight; "You have to be a good observer to see all the details"; "Can you see the bird in that tree?"; "He is blind--he cannot see"
- receive as a specified guest; "the doctor will see you now"; "The minister doesnt see anybody before noon"
- observe or determine by looking; "Watch how the dog chases the cats away"
- a period of time (4 or 2 hours) during which some of a ships crew are on duty
- the period during which someone (especially a guard) is on duty
- a small portable timepiece (同)ticker
- a purposeful surveillance to guard or observe (同)vigil
- observe with attention; "They watched as the murderer was executed" (同)look on
- be vigilant, be on the lookout or be careful; "Watch out for pickpockets!" (同)look_out, watch out
- follow with the eyes or the mind; "Keep an eye on the baby, please!"; "The world is watching Sarajevo"; "She followed the men with the binoculars" (同)observe, follow, watch over, keep an eye on
- see or watch; "view a show on television"; "This program will be seen all over the world"; "view an exhibition"; "Catch a show on Broadway"; "see a movie" (同)view, see, catch, take_in
- look attentively; "watch a basketball game"
- present oneself formally, as before a (judicial) authority; "He had to appear in court last month"; "She appeared on several charges of theft"
- come into being or existence, or appear on the scene; "Then the computer came along and changed our lives"; "Homo sapiens appeared millions of years ago" (同)come along
- be issued or published; "Did your latest book appear yet?"; "The new Woody Allen film hasnt come out yet" (同)come_out
- seem to be true, probable, or apparent; "It seems that he is very gifted"; "It appears that the weather in California is very bad" (同)seem
- appear as a character on stage or appear in a play, etc.; "Gielgud appears briefly in this movie"; "She appeared in `Hamlet on the London stage"
- come into sight or view; "He suddenly appeared at the wedding"; "A new star appeared on the horizon"
- subject to a search; "The police searched the suspect"; "We searched the whole house for the missing keys"
- an operation that determines whether one or more of a set of items has a specified property; "they wrote a program to do a table lookup" (同)lookup
- the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone (同)hunt, hunting
- an investigation seeking answers; "a thorough search of the ledgers revealed nothing"; "the outcome justified the search"
- boarding and inspecting a ship on the high seas; "right of search"
- the examination of alternative hypotheses; "his search for a move that would avoid checkmate was unsuccessful"
- search or seek; "We looked all day and finally found the child in the forest"; "Look elsewhere for the perfect gift!" (同)look
- try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of; "The police are searching for clues"; "They are searching for the missing man in the entire county" (同)seek, look for
- a structure commanding a wide view of its surroundings (同)observation tower, lookout station, observatory
- the act of looking out (同)outlook
- a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event (同)lookout man, sentinel, sentry, watch, spotter, scout, picket
- an elevated post affording a wide view (同)observation_post
- pleasing in appearance especially by reason of conformity to ideals of form and proportion; "a fine-looking woman"; "a good-looking man"; "better-looking than her sister"; "very pretty but not so extraordinarily handsome"- Thackeray; "our southern women are well-favored"- Lillian Hellman (同)good-looking, better-looking, handsome, well-favored, well-favoured
- appearing to be as specified; usually used as combining forms; "left their clothes dirty looking"; "a most disagreeable looking character"; "angry-looking"; "liquid-looking"; "severe-looking policemen on noble horses"; "fine-sounding phrases"; "taken in by high-sounding talk" (同)sounding
- the act of searching visually (同)looking for
- 目を向ける,眺める / (ある状態に)『見える』 / 〈家などが〉(…の)方を向いている,(…を)見渡せる《+『on』(『upon,into,to,toward,over』)+『名』》 / 〈状況・事態が〉(…に)傾く,向かう《+『to』(『toward』)+『名』》 / 《命令の慣用表現で注意や要求・抗議など》 / …‘を'『じっと見る;』…‘に'目をやめる / …‘に'ふさわしく見える / …‘を'(顔つき)で表す / 《単数形で》(…を)『見ること』《+『at』+『名』》 / 《単数形で》(人の)『顔つき』,表情,目つき / 《単数形で》(物事の)『外観』,様子 / 《複数形で》容ぼう,器量
- 〈C〉(…の)『阻止』,(…を)尻い止めること《+『to』+『名』》(stop) / 〈C〉(…を)抑制(制御)する人(物)《+『to』+『名』》 / 〈C〉(確認のための)『引き合わせ』,照合,検査;《米》照合の印 / 〈C〉(預金けた手荷物の)合い礼,チッキ / 〈U〉格子(こうし)じま]の織物];〈C〉格子じまの1目 / 〈C〉《米》『小切手』(《英》cheque) / 〈C〉《米》(食堂・酒場などの)伝票,勘定書(bill) / 〈C〉(チェスの)王手 / …'を'『急に止める』)『阻止する』) / 〈感情・行動など〉'を'『抑制する』,,抑える(restrain) / (確認のために)…'を'『照合する』;《米》…‘に'照合の印を付ける / …'を'『点検する』,検査する / 《米》〈所持品など〉'を'一時預けにする / 〈荷物など〉'を'チッキで送る / …‘に'格子(こうし)じまを付ける,市松模様を付ける / 〈チェスで,キング〉‘に'王手をかける / 〈計算などが〉(…し)合う,一至する《+『with』+『名』》
- (視野にはいって)…‘が'『見える』,(目にとめて)…‘を'『見る』,(夢・空想の中で)…‘を'見る / 〈名所など〉‘を'『見物する』;〈劇・映画など〉‘を'見る / …‘を'『理解する』,‘が'分かる / …‘を'予見する,予測する / …‘を'判断する / …‘を'調べる,確かめる / …‘を'取り計らう,…‘に'気を配る / (…まで)〈人〉‘と'いっしょに行く,〈人〉‘を'送り届ける《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …‘を'体験する,‘に'遭遇する / 〈人〉‘に'会う,面会する;…‘を'訪問する;〈医者など〉‘に'見てもらう,〈医者が〉〈患者〉‘を'見る / 『見える』,見る / 『理解する』,わかる / 調べる,見てみる,考えてみる
- 司教区 / 司教の地位;司教管轄権
- …‘を'『じっと見つめる』,凝視する / …‘を'『見張る』,見守る,監視する,‘の'番をする / …‘を'『世話する』,看護する / …‘に'『注意する』,気をつける / 『じっと見る』,見守る / 『見張りをする』,監視する,警戒する / 《文》夜寝ないでいる;寝ずに看病する / 〈C〉《しばしば複合語を作って》(携帯用の)『時計』, / 〈U〉《時に a watch》『横張り』,警戒,用心 / 〈C〉見張り(監視)時間;〈U〉当直 / 〈C〉《しばしば the watch》番人,看守,警備員
- 『姿を現す』,出現する / 〈本・記事などが〉公になる,出版される / (劇などに)出演する;(法廷などに)出廷する,出頭する / (…のように)『見える』,『思われる』
- (…を求めて)〈ある場所・人の体など〉‘を'『くまなく捜す』,撤底的に捜す《+『名』+『for』+『名』》 / …‘を'『綿密に調査する』(probe) / (…を)綿密に調査する《+『into』+『名』》 / (…を求めて…を)『くまなく捜す』《+『through』+『名』+『for』+『名』》 / 『捜索』;調査;(を)捜すこと《+『for』(『of』)+『名』》
- 〈U〉《しばしばa~》(…に対する)警戒,注意,見張り《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈C〉見張り人;見張り所 / 〈U〉《時にa~》《英話》眺め,見晴らし;前途 / 〈U〉《英話》(個人の)関心事
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Look beyond Catechol-O-Methyltransferase genotype for cathecolamines derangement in migraine: the BioBIM rs4818 and rs4680 polymorphisms study.
- De Marchis ML1, Barbanti P, Palmirotta R, Egeo G, Aurilia C, Fofi L, Piroso S, Ialongo C, Della-Morte D, D'Andrea G, Ferroni P, Guadagni F.
- The journal of headache and pain.J Headache Pain.2015 Dec;16(1):520. doi: 10.1186/s10194-015-0520-x. Epub 2015 Apr 30.
- BACKGROUND: The study of COMT gene polymorphisms in migraine could be of particular interest since impaired catecholaminergic neurotransmission, namely chronic dopaminergic and noradrenergic hypofunction, is a peculiar migraine trait. In this study, for the first time, we focused on the role of COMT
- PMID 25929431
- The effect of user's perceived presence and promotion focus on usability for interacting in virtual environments.
- Sun HM1, Li SP2, Zhu YQ3, Hsiao B4.
- Applied ergonomics.Appl Ergon.2015 Sep;50:126-32. doi: 10.1016/j.apergo.2015.03.006. Epub 2015 Mar 29.
- Technological advance in human-computer interaction has attracted increasing research attention, especially in the field of virtual reality (VR). Prior research has focused on examining the effects of VR on various outcomes, for example, learning and health. However, which factors affect the final o
- PMID 25959326
- The gut microbiota and its correlations with the central nervous system disorders.
- Catanzaro R1, Anzalone M, Calabrese F, Milazzo M, Capuana M, Italia A, Occhipinti S, Marotta F.
- Panminerva medica.Panminerva Med.2015 Sep;57(3):127-43. Epub 2014 Nov 12.
- A mutual impact of gastrointestinal tract (GIT) and central nervous system (CNS) functions has been recognized since the mid-twentieth century. It is accepted that the so-called gut-brain axis provides a two-way homeostatic communication, through immunological, hormonal and neuronal signals. A dysfu
- PMID 25390799
- Review fifteen years of search for strong nucleosomes.
- Trifonov EN1, Nibhani R1.
- Biopolymers.Biopolymers.2015 Aug;103(8):432-7. doi: 10.1002/bip.22604.
- Don Crothers, Mikael Kubista, Jon Widom, and their teams have been first to look for strong nucleosomes, in a bid to reveal the nucleosome positioning pattern(s) carried by the nucleosome DNA sequences. They were first to demonstrate that the nucleosome stability correlates with 10-11 base sequence
- PMID 25546738
- 先住民フェミニズムと「家族」 : 児童福祉法(1978年)の制定背景に関する一考察
- 神戸常盤大学紀要 = Bulletin of Kobe Tokiwa University (10), 89-97, 2017-03-31
- NAID 120006022272
- 総合社会学部研究報告 = Reports from the Faculty of Social Relations 18, 17-39, 2017-03-31
- NAID 120006018953
- Working as Hijōkin Kōshi : Contextualizing a Precarious Form of Employment in Japan
- 株式会社ユーロスポーツインテグレーションは、LOOK CYCLE INTERNATIONALの 日本正規代理店です。LOOK CYCLEの自転車フレーム及びその他商品の輸入販売を 行っています。
- 株式会社ルックのWEBサイトです。ブランド情報、企業情報、リクルート情報等、 さまざまなコンテンツをお届けします。
- Cycling manufacturer in carbon bikes for road, track, triathlon and mountain biking. LOOK is the inventor and leader in clipless pedals with Keo....
- The ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome appears to be due to increased capillary permeability triggered by excessive release of one or more vasoactive substances secreted during maturation and luteinization of multiple follicles.(uptodate)(OHSSは、多数の卵胞が成熟し黄体となる過程で放出されるいくつかの血管作動性物質の過剰な放出が引き金となり、毛細血管の透過性が増加することによると思われる。)
- advent, appear, arrival, emerge, emergence, figure, form, look, manifestation, occurrence, shape, situation
- check、evaluate、examination、examine、exploration、explore、inquire、inquiry、interrogate、investigation、investigational、investigative、laboratory research、look、probing、research、scan、study、surveillance、survey、work
- The diagnosis of subacute thyroiditis is often overlooked because the symptoms can mimic pharyngitis.(HIM.2238)