- examine、exploration、explore、inquire、inquiry、investigate、investigation、investigational、investigative、laboratory research、probing、research、scan、surveillance、survey、work
- be a student; follow a course of study; be enrolled at an institute of learning
- a room used for reading and writing and studying; "he knocked lightly on the closed door of the study"
- applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading); "mastering a second language requires a lot of work"; "no schools offer graduate study in interior design" (同)work
- a composition intended to develop one aspect of the performers technique; "a study in spiccato bowing"
- a state of deep mental absorption; "she is in a deep study"
- someone who memorizes quickly and easily (as the lines for a part in a play); "he is a quick study"
- give careful consideration to; "consider the possibility of moving" (同)consider
- learn by reading books; "He is studying geology in his room"; "I have an exam next week; I must hit the books now" (同)hit the books
- think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes; "He is meditating in his study" (同)meditate, contemplate
- provoke or excite; "The rock musician worked the crowd of young girls into a frenzy"
- (physics) a manifestation of energy; the transfer of energy from one physical system to another expressed as the product of a force and the distance through which it moves a body in the direction of that force; "work equals force times distance"
- arrive at a certain condition through repeated motion; "The stitches of the hem worked loose after she wore the skirt many times"
- a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing; "it is not regarded as one of his more memorable works"; "the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work"; "he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey"; "the work of an active imagination"; "erosion is the work of wind or water over time" (同)piece of work
- activity directed toward making or doing something; "she checked several points needing further work"
- have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected; "The voting process doesnt work as well as people thought"; "How does your idea work in practice?"; "This method doesnt work"; "The breaks of my new car act quickly"; "The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water" (同)act
- be employed; "Is your husband working again?"; "My wife never worked"; "Do you want to work after the age of 60?"; "She never did any work because she inherited a lot of money"; "She works as a waitress to put herself through college" (同)do work
- cause to work; "he is working his servants hard" (同)put to work
- shape, form, or improve a material; "work stone into tools"; "process iron"; "work the metal" (同)work on, process
- behave in a certain way when handled; "This dough does not work easily"; "The soft metal works well"
- cause to operate or function; "This pilot works the controls"; "Can you work an electric drill?"
- exert oneself by doing mental or physical work for a purpose or out of necessity; "I will work hard to improve my grades"; "she worked hard for better living conditions for the poor"
- gratify and charm, usually in order to influence; "the political candidate worked the crowds"
- move in an agitated manner; "His fingers worked with tension"
- move into or onto; "work the raisins into the dough"; "the student worked a few jokes into his presentation"; "work the body onto the flatbed truck"
- operate in a certain place, area, or specialty; "She works the night clubs"; "The salesman works the Midwest"; "This artist works mostly in acrylics"
- operate in or through; "Work the phones"
- proceed towards a goal or along a path or through an activity; "work your way through every problem or task"; "She was working on her second martini when the guests arrived"; "Start from the bottom and work towards the top"
- read metrically; "scan verses"
- an image produced by scanning; "he analyzed the brain scan"; "you could see the tumor in the CAT scan" (同)CAT scan
- the act of scanning; systematic examination of a prescribed region; "he made a thorough scan of the beach with his binoculars"
- examine hastily; "She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi" (同)skim, rake, glance over, run_down
- conform to a metrical pattern
- examine minutely or intensely; "the surgeon scanned the X-ray"
- make a wide, sweeping search of; "The beams scanned the night sky"
- move a light beam over; in electronics, to reproduce an image
- plot a map of (land)
- a detailed critical inspection (同)study
- consider in a comprehensive way; "He appraised the situation carefully before acting" (同)appraise
- look over carefully or inspect; "He surveyed his new classmates"
- make a survey of; for statistical purposes
- attempt to find out in a systematically and scientific manner; "The student researched the history of that word"
- systematic investigation to establish facts
- inquire into; "the students had to research the history of the Second World War for their history project"; "He searched for information on his relatives on the web"; "Scientists are exploring the nature of consciousness" (同)search, explore
- question closely
- observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect; "The customs agent examined the baggage"; "I must see your passport before you can enter the country" (同)see
- an analysis of a specific job in an effort to find the most efficient method in terms of time and effort (同)time-and-motion study, time-motion study, motion study, time_study, work_study
- an educational plan in which students alternate between paid employment and formal study
- provide with or construct with studs; "stud the wall"
- ornament consisting of a circular rounded protuberance (as on a vault or shield or belt) (同)rivet
- poker in which each player receives hole cards and the remainder are dealt face up; bets are placed after each card is dealt (同)stud poker
- adult male horse kept for breeding (同)studhorse
- a man who is virile and sexually active (同)he-man, macho-man
- 〈U〉(一般に)『勉強』,学習すること / 〈C〉(…の)勉強,研究《+of+名》 / 〈C〉〈U〉(…の)『綿密な調査』,検討《+of+名》 / 〈C〉研究対象(問題,事項);学科 / 〈C〉『書斎』,勉強部屋 / 〈C〉(美術・文学などの)習作,試作,スケッチ,(音楽の)練習曲,エチュード / …‘を'『勉強する』,学ぶ,研究する / …‘を'『よく注意して見る』,しげしげと見る / …‘を'『調査する』,検討する / …‘を'考慮する,配慮する / 〈せりふなど〉‘を'覚えようとする / 『勉強する』,学ぶ,研究する
- 〈U〉(一般的な)『仕事,』労働;努力,勉強 / 〈U〉(実際にやっている具体的な)『仕事』,作業,勉強 / 〈U〉《定冠詞なしで》『仕事の口,』職[業],(工場・会社などの)勤め先 / 〈U〉制作,細工;《比喩(ひゆ)的に》しわざ / 〈C〉《しばしば複数形で》(文学・芸術の)『作品,』著作,(ある人の)作品 / 〈U〉《集合的に》(材料・道具などを含めて)作っているもの(今しているもの)全部 / 《複数形で》(機械の)動く部分,仕掛け / 《複数形で》《単数・複数扱い》《しばしば複合語を作って》『工場』 / 《複数形で》(宗教・道徳的な)行為,行い / 〈U〉(物理学で)仕事量 / 『働く』,仕事をする;(…に)取り組む,(…を)勉強する《+『at』(『on』)+『名』》 / (…に)『勤める』,勤務する《+『at』(『on, for』)+『名』》 / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》〈機械・道具などが〉『ぐあいよく動く,』作動する,〈計画などが〉うまくいく,〈薬などが〉効く / 《副詞[句]を伴って》(ある方向に)少しずつ進む / 〈顔などが〉ぴくぴく動く,〈波などが〉揺れる / 《通例副詞を伴って》細工される,こねられる / 発酵する / 〈機械・道具など〉‘を'『動かす』,運転する / 〈人・牛馬など〉‘を'『働かせる』 / 〈工場・鉱山・農場など〉‘を'操業(経営)する,〈土地〉‘を'耕作する / 〈ある地域〉‘を'活動場所にする,受け持つ / 〈結果・効果など〉‘を'もたらす,生じさせる / (手で)…‘を'細工する,加工する;…‘に'手を加えて(…を)作る《+名+into+名》 / 《副詞[句]を伴って》(苦労して)…‘を'進む,(努力して)…‘を'得る / 〈人・物〉‘を'動かして(…に)する《+名+to(into)+名》 / …‘を'刺しゅうする,縫い付ける
- …‘を'じっと見る,詳しく調べる;〈広い区域〉‘を'端から端までよく見る / …‘に'さっと目を通す,‘を'ざっと読む / 〈詩〉‘の'韻律を調べる,‘を'詩脚に分ける / (テレビ・レーダーで)〈映像〉‘を'走査する / 詩の韻律を調べる;〈詩行が〉韻律の法則に合う,音脚が合う / (テレビ・レーダーで)走査をする / じっと見ること,吟味
- (全体的に)〈景色など〉‘を'『見渡す』,〈情勢など〉‘を'『概観する』 / (状態・価値などを確かめるため評細に)…‘を'『調査する』,検分する / 〈土地〉‘を'『測量する』 / 土地を測量する / 〈C〉〈U〉(…の)(詳細な)『調査』,検分《+of+名》 / 〈C〉(…を)『見渡すこと』,(…の)概観《+of+名》 / 〈C〉〈U〉(土地の)測量 / 〈C〉測量図
- (新しい事実などの探究のための,特定の分野の)『研究』,『調査』《+『in』(『into』,『on』)+『名』》 / …‘を'研究する,調査する / (…を)研究する,調査する《+into(on)+名》
- …‘を'『調べる』,検討する / 〈人・身体〉‘を'『診察する』 / 〈人〉‘に'(…の)『試験をする』《+『名』〈人〉+『in』(『on, upon』)+『名』》 / 〈証人・被告など〉‘を'尋問する,審問する
- 《おもに米》種馬 / 《集合的に》(一群の)繁殖用動物(種馬,種牛など)
- (インテリアなどに用いる)飾りびょう / カフスボタン,カラーボタン / (建物の)間柱 / (…を)…‘に'ちりばめる《+名+with+名》 / …‘に'点在(散在)している / …‘に'間柱をつける
||Look up study in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Study or studies may refer to:
- Torah study
- Study (art), a drawing or series of drawings done in preparation for a finished piece
- Study (room), a room in a home used as an office or library
- Study skills, abilities and approaches applied to learning
- An experiment
- In particular, a clinical trial
- Observational study
- (academic) study/studies (e.g. at a university), compare Higher education
- Studies (journal), published by the Jesuits in Ireland
- Chess study, a type of chess problem
- Study (film), a 2012 film by Paolo Benetazzo
- Christian Hugo Eduard Study (1862–1930), German mathematician
- Étude, a short musical composition
- All pages with titles containing "Study"
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Making Homes Healthy: International Code Council Processes and Patterns.
- Coyle EC 3rd1, Isett KR, Rondone J, Harris R, Howell MC, Brandus K, Hughes G, Kerfoot R, Hicks D.
- Journal of public health management and practice : JPHMP.J Public Health Manag Pract.2016 Dec 15. [Epub ahead of print]
- CONTEXT: Americans spend more than 90% of their time indoors, so it is important that homes are healthy environments. Yet many homes contribute to preventable illnesses via poor air quality, pests, safety hazards, and others. Efforts have been made to promote healthy housing through code changes, bu
- PMID 26672401
- The Psychometric Properties and the Development of the Indicators of Quality Nursing Work Environments in Taiwan.
- Lin CF1, Lu MS, Huang HY.
- The journal of nursing research : JNR.J Nurs Res.2016 Dec 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- BACKGROUND: The nursing shortage in medical institutions in Taiwan averaged 9% in 2012, considerably higher than the 5% indicated in the literature. As a result, many hospitals have been forced to close wards or reduce beds. Despite the acute need, the percentage of registered nurses who are employe
- PMID 26670132
- Women's Barriers to Prevention of Lymphedema After Breast Surgery and Home Care Needs: A Qualitative Study.
- Cal A1, Bahar Z.
- Cancer nursing.Cancer Nurs.2016 Dec 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- BACKGROUND: The incidence of lymphedema occurring after breast surgery poses a high risk of public health. Women undergoing breast surgery have been shown to experience an uncertainty about the prognosis and outcomes of the treatment of lymphedema.OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study was to determine wo
- PMID 26641643
- Mathematical and numerical comparisons of five single-population growth models.
- Mickens RE1.
- Journal of biological dynamics.J Biol Dyn.2016 Dec;10(1):95-103. doi: 10.1080/17513758.2015.1112041.
- We investigate the properties of five mathematical models used to represent the growth of a single population. By imposing a common set of (normalizing) initial conditions, we are able to calculate and explicitly compare the time intervals required to reach specific values of population levels. Base
- PMID 26606947
- Non-pungency in a Japanese Chili Pepper Landrace (Capsicum annuum) is Caused by a Novel Loss-of-function Pun1 Allele
- Identification of QTLs for Flesh Mealiness in Apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.)
- Use of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) to Study and Predict Fruit Splitting in Citrus
- examine、exploration、explore、inquire、inquiry、investigate、investigation、investigational、investigative、laboratory research、probing、research activity、research and development、research priority、research technique、scan、study、summary report、surveillance、survey、work
- act、investigate、investigation、investigational、investigative、job、laboratory research、research、research activity、research and development、research priority、research technique、study、summary report、working
- preclinical test