- make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword" (同)form, work, mold, mould, forge
- give shape or form to; "shape the dough"; "form the young childs character" (同)form
- the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance; "geometry is the mathematical science of shape" (同)form
- any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline); "he could barely make out their shapes" (同)form, configuration, contour, conformation
- a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept; "a circle was the embodiment of his concept of life" (同)embodiment
- develop into a distinctive entity; "our plans began to take shape" (同)take form, take shape, spring
- assume a form or shape; "the water formed little beads"
- the visual appearance of something or someone; "the delicate cast of his features" (同)shape, cast
- a mold for setting concrete; "they built elaborate forms for pouring the foundation"
- a particular mode in which something is manifested; "his resentment took the form of extreme hostility"
- a perceptual structure; "the composition presents problems for students of musical form"; "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them" (同)shape, pattern
- (biology) a group of organisms within a species that differ in trivial ways from similar groups; "a new strain of microorganisms" (同)variant, strain, var.
- the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something; "the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached" (同)word form, signifier, descriptor
- a printed document with spaces in which to write; "he filled out his tax form"
- an ability to perform well; "he was at the top of his form"; "the team was off form last night"
- an arrangement of the elements in a composition or discourse; "the essay was in the form of a dialogue"; "he first sketches the plot in outline form"
- to compose or represent:"This wall forms the background of the stage setting"; "The branches made a roof"; "This makes a fine introduction" (同)constitute, make
- create (as an entity); "social groups form everywhere"; "They formed a company" (同)organize, organise
- understand; "He didnt figure her"
- a combination of points and lines and planes that form a visible palpable shape
- an amount of money expressed numerically; "a figure of $17 was suggested"
- a model of a bodily form (especially of a person); "he made a figure of Santa Claus"
- a predetermined set of movements in dancing or skating; "she made the best score on compulsory figures"
- the impression produced by a person; "he cut a fine figure"; "a heroic figure"
- a diagram or picture illustrating textual material; "the area covered can be seen from Figure 2" (同)fig
- a unitary percept having structure and coherence that is the object of attention and that stands out against a ground
- be or play a part of or in; "Elections figure prominently in every government program"; "How do the elections figure in the current pattern of internal politics?" (同)enter
- formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action (同)appearing, coming into court
- pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression; "they try to keep up appearances"; "that ceremony is just for show" (同)show
- outward or visible aspect of a person or thing (同)visual aspect
- the act of appearing in public view; "the rookie made a brief appearance in the first period"; "it was Bernhardts last appearance in America"
- a mental representation; "I tried to describe his appearance to the police"
- the event of coming into sight
- shaped in the form of a fig
- shaped like a basket
- shaped like a cowl
- having the shape of; "a square shaped playing field"
- shaped to fit by or as if by altering the contours of a pliable mass (as by work or effort); "a shaped handgrip"; "the molded steel plates"; "the wrought silver bracelet" (同)molded, wrought
- any process serving to define the shape of something (同)defining
- 〈C〉〈U〉『形』,外形,形状・〈U〉状態、調子・〈U〉申分のない体調・〈U〉《時にa~》体つき,姿,なり・〈U〉(物事の)状態・…‘を'『形を作る』・‘を'形づける(give form to);(…の形に)‥・‘を'形作る《+『名』+『into』+『名』》・…‘を'形を整える・‘を'合わせる・(…に)…‘を'形を合わせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》・〈進路・方針など〉‘を'定める・形ができる・具体化する・発展する《+『up』》
- 〈C〉〈U〉(色・材質に対して)『形』,形状,姿 / 〈C〉『人体』,体つき / 〈C〉〈U〉『外観』,格好,人影 / 〈C〉〈U〉(ものの現れる)『形態』,形式 / 〈C〉(生物などの)『種類』,品種 / 〈U〉(芸術作品の)表現形式 / 〈U〉(特にスポーツで)(競技者の)フォーム / 〈U〉(心身の)調子,元気 / 〈C〉(印刷された)書き込み用紙,ひな形 / 〈U〉《話》(ある集団などの)やり方,仕方,方式 / 〈C〉〈U〉しきたり,伝統的な儀式 / 〈C〉(英国の学校・米国のある学校で)学年,学級 / 〈U〉〈C〉(意味に対する)形態,形;語形 / 〈C〉(通例寄りかかりのない)長い木のいす / 〈素材〉‘に'形を与える,(…に)…‘を'形作る《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / (素材から)…‘を'形作る《+『名』+『out of』+『名』》 / …‘を'組織する,構成する / 〈考えなど〉‘を'まとめる,思い付く;〈計画など〉‘を'立てる / 〈習慣など〉‘を'身に付ける;〈交際など〉‘を'結ぶ / 〈文章など〉‘を'組み立てる;〈複数形など〉‘を'作る / (ある順序に)配列する,整列させる / 〈物が〉形を成す / 生じる,現れる / (…に)なる《+『into』+『名』》
- 〈C〉『数字』,(特に)アラビア数字;数量,価格 / 《複数形で》計算,算数 / 〈C〉『姿』,容姿,目立つ姿 / 〈C〉《修飾語句を伴って》(…の)『人』;(…の)名士,大物 / 〈C〉(絵画・彫刻などの)人物像,肖像 / 〈U〉〈C〉形,形状 / 〈C〉『図』図形;模様,図案 / 〈C〉(…の)印,象徴,典型《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉=figure of speech / 〈C〉(ダンス・スケートの)フィギュア / …‘を'計算する;…‘を'合計する《+『up』+『名,』+『名』+『up』》 / 《おもに米話》…‘を'考える / …‘を'(…の)図形に表す,(…の)模様で飾る《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (…で)目立つ,異彩を放つ《+『in』+『名』》
- 〈C〉『現れること』,出現;出演,出廷;出版,発刊 / 〈U〉〈C〉『外観』,見かけ,風さい(outward look) / 《複数形で》形勢
- 表面が平らでない / 《複合語を作って》「…を形した」「…形の」の意を表す
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- A Radial Basis Function (RBF)-Finite Difference (FD) Method for Diffusion and Reaction-Diffusion Equations on Surfaces.
- Shankar V1, Wright GB2, Kirby RM1, Fogelson AL3.
- Journal of scientific computing.J Sci Comput.2016 Jun 1;63(3):745-768.
- In this paper, we present a method based on Radial Basis Function (RBF)-generated Finite Differences (FD) for numerically solving diffusion and reaction-diffusion equations (PDEs) on closed surfaces embedded in ℝ d . Our method uses a method-of-lines formulation, in which surface derivatives that
- PMID 25983388
- Wrinkled, wavelength-tunable graphene-based surface topographies for directing cell alignment and morphology.
- Wang Z1, Tonderys D2, Leggett SE3, Williams EK2, Kiani MT2, Steinberg RS4, Qiu Y4, Wong IY5, Hurt RH6.
- Carbon.Carbon N Y.2016 Feb 1;97:14-24.
- Textured surfaces with periodic topographical features and long-range order are highly attractive for directing cell-material interactions. They mimic physiological environments more accurately than planar surfaces and can fundamentally alter cell alignment, shape, gene expression, and cellular asse
- PMID 25848137
- PMID 25642280
- Pressure pain sensitivity map of multifocal nummular headache: a case report.
- Rodríguez C1, Herrero-Velázquez S, Ruiz M, Barón J, Carreres A, Rodríguez-Valencia E, Guerrero AL, Madeleine P, Cuadrado ML, Fernández-de-Las-Peñas C.
- The journal of headache and pain.J Headache Pain.2015 Dec;16(1):523. doi: 10.1186/s10194-015-0523-7. Epub 2015 Apr 30.
- BACKGROUND: Nummular headache (NH) is most commonly a localized unifocal headache; however, some patients infrequently exhibit multifocal symptomatic painful head areas retaining all features of NH. We present the pressure pain sensitivity map of an adolescent with multifocal NH.CASE PRESENTATION: W
- PMID 25929432
- Trajectories of fluid particles in a periodic water wave.
- Okamoto Hisashi,Shoji Mayumi
- Philosophical transactions. Series A, Mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences 370(1964), 1661-1676, 2012-04-13
- … We compute trajectories of fluid particles in a water wave that propagates with a constant shape at a constant speed. …
- NAID 120003988359
- Effect of forest shape on habitat selection of birds in a plantation-dominant landscape across seasons: comparison between continuous and strip forests
- Naoe Shoji,Sakai Shoko,Masaki Takashi
- Journal of Forest Research 17(2), 219-223, 2012-04
- … Although such degradation due to an increase of forest edges has been studied most intensively, other factors such as forest shape may also contribute to the degradation. … Our results suggested that the irregular forest shape negatively affected forest bird abundance and species richness in the breeding season, but not in the migratory season. …
- NAID 120003988373
- 竹内 望
- 低温科学 (70), 165-172, 2012-03-31
- … They usually form small spherical aggregates known as cryoconite granules, whose spherical shape is maintained by filamentous cyanobacteria. …
- NAID 120003994095
- 三宅 典恵,岡本 百合,仙谷 倫子,矢式 寿子,内野 悌司,磯部 典子,栗田 智未,小島 奈々恵,二本松 美里,松山 まり子,石原 令子,杉原 美由紀,古本 直子,國廣 加奈美,高橋 涼子,山手 紫緒,河内 桂子,日山 亨,横崎 恭之,吉原 正治,ミヤケ ヨシエ,オカモト ユリ,センタニ ミチコ,ヤシキ ヒサコ,ウチノ テイジ,イソベ ノリコ,クリタ トモミ,コジマ ナナエ,ニホンマツ ミサト,マツヤマ マリコ,イシハラ レイコ,スギハラ ミユキ,フルモト ナオコ,クニヒロ カナミ,タカハシ リョウコ,ヤマテ シオ,コウチ ケイコ,ヒヤマ トオル,ヨコサキ ヤスユキ,ヨシハラ マサハル,Miyake Yoshie,Okamoto Yuri,Sentani Michiko,Yashiki Hisako,Uchino Teiji,Isobe Noriko,Kurita Tomomi,Kojima Nanae,Nihonmatsu Misato,Matsuyama Mariko,Ishihara Reiko,Sugihara Miyuki,Furumoto Naoko,Kunihiro Kanami,Takahashi Ryoko,Yamate Shio,Kouchi Keiko,Hiyama Toru,Yokosaki Yasuyuki,Yoshihara Masaharu
- 総合保健科学 28, 9-13, 2012-03-31
- … We found that many students were dissatisfied with their shape and weight, and interested in dieting, but they understood the importance of mental treatment for eating disorders. …
- NAID 120003988439
- Diet, fitness and beauty features, with an online community.
- シャープ株式会社 公式サイト。製品情報、会社情報、投資家情報、採用情報、社会環境 活動、サポート情報等。
- Progression rates are variable and an acute aggressive form with death in 6 months can occur.(疾患の進展速度は症例により様々で、6ヶ月で死亡する急性増悪も起こりうる)(CASES.244)
- advent, appear, arrival, emerge, emergence, figure, form, look, manifestation, occurrence, shape, situation