- having partial rights and privileges or subordinate status; "an associate member"; "an associate professor"
- a person who joins with others in some activity or endeavor; "he had to consult his associate before continuing"
- a person with subordinate membership in a society, institution, or commercial enterprise; "associates in the law firm bill at a lower rate than do partners"
- any event that usually accompanies or is closely connected with another; "first was the lightning and then its thunderous associate"
- make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all" (同)tie_in, relate, link, colligate, link up, connect
- land on or hit solidly; "The brick connected on her head, knocking her out"
- be or become joined or united or linked; "The two streets connect to become a highway"; "Our paths joined"; "The travelers linked up again at the airport" (同)link, link up, join, unite
- connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms" (同)link, tie, link up
- be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as in transportation; "The local train does not connect with the Amtrak train"; "The planes dont connect and you will have to wait for four hours"
- establish a rapport or relationship; "The President of this university really connects with the faculty"
- hit or play a ball successfully; "The batter connected for a home run"
- join by means of communication equipment; "The telephone company finally put in lines to connect the towns in this area"
- join for the purpose of communication; "Operator, could you connect me to the Raffles in Singapore?"
- of trade unions; "the union movement"; "union negotiations"; "a union-shop clause in the contract"
- healing process involving the growing together of the edges of a wound or the growing together of broken bones (同)conglutination
- the state of being joined or united or linked; "there is strength in union" (同)unification
- the act of making or becoming a single unit; "the union of opposing factions"; "he looked forward to the unification of his family for the holidays" (同)unification, uniting, conjugation, jointure
- a device on a national flag emblematic of the union of two or more sovereignties (typically in the upper inner corner)
- an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer; "you have to join the union in order to get a job" (同)labor_union, trade union, trades union, brotherhood
- a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets; "let C be the union of the sets A and B" (同)sum, join
- a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations; "the Soviet Union"
- the occurrence of a uniting of separate parts; "lightning produced an unusual union of the metals"
- maneuver into a dock; "dock the ships"
- any of certain coarse weedy plants with long taproots, sometimes used as table greens or in folk medicine (同)sorrel, sour grass
- landing in a harbor next to a pier where ships are loaded and unloaded or repaired; may have gates to let water in or out; "the ship arrived at the dock more than a day late" (同)dockage, docking facility
- a platform where trucks or trains can be loaded or unloaded (同)loading dock
- an enclosure in a court of law where the defendant sits during the trial
- the solid bony part of the tail of an animal as distinguished from the hair
- remove or shorten the tail of an animal (同)tail, bob
- come into dock; "the ship docked"
- deduct from someones wages
- deprive someone of benefits, as a penalty
- refer to; "he referenced his colleagues work" (同)cite
- the act of referring or consulting; "reference to an encyclopedia produced the answer" (同)consultation
- the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression; the class of objects that an expression refers to; "the extension of `satellite of Mars is the set containing only Demos and Phobos" (同)denotation, extension
- a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to; "he carried an armful of references back to his desk"; "he spent hours looking for the source of that quotation" (同)source
- the relation between a word or phrase and the object or idea it refers to; "he argued that reference is a consequence of conditioned reflexes"
- come into the company of; "She joined him for a drink"
- cause to become joined or linked; "join these two parts so that they fit together" (同)bring together
- make contact or come together; "The two roads join here" (同)conjoin
- become part of; become a member of a group or organization; "He joined the Communist Party as a young man" (同)fall_in, get together
- a degree granted by a two-year college on successful completion of the undergraduates course of studies (同)associate
- 〈人〉'を'(…の)『仲間に加える』,(…に)連合させる《+『名』〈人〉+『with』+『名』》 / (…と)…'を'結びつけて考える(起こす)《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (…と)『仲間になる』,交際する《+『with』+『名』》 / (…と)合体する,提携する《+『with』+『名』》 / 『仲間』,『同僚』;組合員 / 準会員 / 付属物;連想されるもの / 連合した;仲間の,同僚の / 補助の,準…
- 〈2個の物〉'を'『連結する』,結びつける;(…と)…'を'結合する電話でつなぐ《+『名』+『with』(『to』)+『名』》 / 《受動態で》(…と)…'を'『関係させる』,親類関係にする《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (…で)…'を'連想する,結びつけて考える《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 〈物・事柄などが〉(…と)関連している,つながる《+『with』+『名』(『wh-節』)》 / 〈交通機関が〉(…と)連絡(接続)している《+『with』+『名』》
- 〈U〉(…の,の間の)『結合』,合同,合併;調和,一致《+of(between)+名》 / 〈C〉『結合したもの』,結合体,統一組識 / 《the U-》アメリカ合衆国;(南北戦争時に)連邦政府側についた北部諸州 / 《the U-》英連合王国(1706年イングランドとスコットランドが合併) / 〈C〉『労働組合』同盟,ユニオン / 〈C〉〈U〉結婚[生活] / 〈C〉連合旗章(米国国旗の白星;英国国旗の3本十字の三国連合旗章など) / 〈C〉(機械の部品をくなぐ)接合管
- 『波止場』,埠頭(ふとう) / (入港中の船を入れておく)船だまり / (造船,修理用の)『ドック』,船渠(せんきょ) / 〈船〉‘を'ドックに入れる / 〈2個以上の宇宙船〉‘を'大気圏外で連結させる / 〈船が〉ドックにはいる / 〈宇宙船が〉大気圏外で連結する,ドッキングする
- …‘の'端を切り取る / 〈給料など〉‘の'一部を差し引く;(…から)〈ある金額〉‘を'減らす《+『名』+『off』(『from』)+『名』》
- 〈U〉(…へ)『言及すること』,(…の)話に触れること《+『to』+『名』》;〈C〉言及した事柄 / 〈U〉(…を)『参照すること』,参考《+『to』+『名』》;〈C〉(本などの)出典,参考書;(出典などの)注記 / 〈C〉(人物・才能などの)証明書;身元保証人,照会先
- 〈二つ以上のもの〉‘を'『つなぐ』,結合する《+『名』+『together』(『up』)》;(…に)…‘を'つなぐ《+『名』+『to』(『onto』)+『名』》 / (線などで)〈二つ以上のもの〉‘の'間を結ぶ(つなぐ)《+『名』+『by』(『with』)+『名』》 / (友情・結婚などで)〈人〉‘を'結びつける《+『名』+『in』+『名』》 / 〈川・道などが〉…‘と'いっしょになる,合流する / 〈会など〉‘に'『加入する』 / (…で)〈人〉‘の'『仲間に入る』,‘と'いっしょになる《+『名』〈人〉+『in』(『for』)+『名』,+『名』〈人〉+『in』do『ing』》 / (…に)『加わる』《+『in』+『名』〈事〉/+『in』 『with』+『名』〈人〉》 / (人と…を)『ともにする』《+『with』+『名』〈人〉+『in』+『名』(doing)》 / 〈川・道などが〉『いっしょになる』,合流する / 接合箇所(点,面,線);継ぎ目
Associate may refer to:
- 1 Academics
- 2 Business
- 3 Health care
- 4 Law
- 5 Entertainment
- 6 Other uses
- 7 See also
- Associate's degree, a two-year educational degree in the United States, and some areas of Canada
- Technical associate or Senmonshi, a Japanese educational degree
- Associate of the Royal College of Science, an honorary degree-equivalent award presented by Imperial College London
- Teaching associate, an academic teaching position usually requiring a graduate degree
- Research associate, an academic research position usually requiring a graduate degree
- Business partner
- Associate, an independent (often self-employed) person working as if directly employed by a company
- Associate company, an accounting and business valuation concept
- Associate Specialist, a rank of doctors in the United Kingdom
- Clinical Associate (Psychology), a specialist regulated mental health professional in Scotland
- Clinical associates, a category of healthcare providers in South Africa
- Associate attorney, an employee lawyer in a traditional United States law firm
- Associate justice, a member of a judicial panel who is not the chief justice
- Judge's associate, an assistant to a judge in an Australian court (akin to a judge's clerk in an American court)
- Associates (band), a Scottish post-punk and New Wave band of the early 1980s
- The Associate, a 1996 film starring Whoopi Goldberg
- The Associate (soundtrack), a 1996 original soundtrack album
- The Associate (novel), a 2009 novel by John Grisham
- The Associates (U.S. TV series), An American sitcom in 1979 and 1980
- The Associates (Canadian TV series), a Canadian drama TV series in 2001 and 2002
- Associate, to form an Association (psychology) or connection between two or more concepts in the mind or imagination
- Associate, a person who is in league with the Mafia but is not a made man (full member)
- Associate (ring theory), a mathematical concept
- Association (disambiguation)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- A brain-derived MeCP2 complex supports a role for MeCP2 in RNA processing.
- Long SW, Ooi JY, Yau PM, Jones PL.SourceDepartment of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B107 Chemical and Life Sciences Laboratory, Urbana, IL 61801, USA.
- Bioscience reports.Biosci Rep.2011 Oct 1;31(5):333-43.
- Mutations in MECP2 (methyl-CpG-binding protein 2) are linked to the severe postnatal neurodevelopmental disorder RTT (Rett syndrome). MeCP2 was originally characterized as a transcriptional repressor that preferentially bound methylated DNA; however, recent results indicate MeCP2 is a multifunctiona
- PMID 21070191
- The effect of exercise training on transverse tubules in normal, remodeled, and reverse remodeled hearts.
- Kemi OJ, Hoydal MA, Macquaide N, Haram PM, Koch LG, Britton SL, Ellingsen O, Smith GL, Wisloff U.SourceInstitute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK. email@example.com.
- Journal of cellular physiology.J Cell Physiol.2011 Sep;226(9):2235-43. doi: 10.1002/jcp.22559.
- The response of transverse (T)-tubules to exercise training in health and disease remains unclear. Therefore, we studied the effect of exercise training on the density and spacing of left ventricle cardiomyocyte T-tubules in normal and remodeled hearts that associate with detubulation, by confocal l
- PMID 21660947
- The biogenesis and physiological function of chloroplast superoxide dismutases.
- Pilon M, Ravet K, Tapken W.AbstractIron-superoxide dismutase (FeSOD) and copper/zinc-superoxide dismutase (Cu/ZnSOD) are evolutionarily conserved proteins in higher plant chloroplasts. These enzymes are responsible for the efficient removal of the superoxide formed during photosynthetic electron transport and function in reactive oxygen species metabolism. The availability of copper is a major determinant of Cu/ZnSOD and FeSOD expression. Analysis of the phenotypes of plants that over-express superoxide dismutases in chloroplasts has given support for the proposed roles of these enzymes in reactive oxygen species scavenging. However, over-production of chloroplast superoxide dismutase gives only limited protection to environmental stress and does not result in greatly improved whole plant performance. Surprisingly, plant lines that lack the most abundant Cu/ZnSOD or FeSOD activities perform as well as the wild-type under most conditions tested, indicating that these superoxide dismutases are not limiting to photoprotection or the prevention of oxidative damage. In contrast, a strong defect in chloroplast gene expression and development was seen in plants that lack the two minor FeSOD isoforms, which are expressed predominantly in seedlings and that associate closely with the chloroplast genome. These findings implicate reactive oxygen species metabolism in signaling and emphasize the critical role of sub-cellular superoxide dismutase location. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Regulation of Electron Transport in Chloroplasts.
- Biochimica et biophysica acta.Biochim Biophys Acta.2011 Aug;1807(8):989-98. Epub 2010 Nov 13.
- Iron-superoxide dismutase (FeSOD) and copper/zinc-superoxide dismutase (Cu/ZnSOD) are evolutionarily conserved proteins in higher plant chloroplasts. These enzymes are responsible for the efficient removal of the superoxide formed during photosynthetic electron transport and function in reactive oxy
- PMID 21078292
- Genomic instability of gold nanoparticle treated human lung fibroblast cells.
- Li JJ, Lo SL, Ng CT, Gurung RL, Hartono D, Hande MP, Ong CN, Bay BH, Yung LY.SourceDepartment of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119260, Singapore; Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119260, Singapore.
- Biomaterials.Biomaterials.2011 Aug;32(23):5515-23. Epub 2011 May 2.
- Gold nanoparticles (AuNPs) are one of the most versatile and widely researched materials for novel biomedical applications. However, the current knowledge in their toxicological profile is still incomplete and many on-going investigations aim to understand the potential adverse effects in human body
- PMID 21543115
- コンクリートの劣化および劣化の事例 : 塩害･中性化･硫酸塩劣化の事例
- 日比野 誠,合田 寛基,Hibino Makoto,Goda Hiroki,ヒビノ マコト,ゴウダ ヒロキ
- 建設物価 (1116), 30-34, 2012-06-01
- NAID 120004094705
- 外国民事訴訟法研究(27) 大韓民国家事訴訟法邦語試訳
- Yahoo!辞書 eプログレッシブ英和中辞典 (英和辞書) associate [動] /suiit, -si-/ (他 )［associate A with B］ 1 〈AとBを〉結びつけて考える，〈AでBを〉連想する associate peace with prosperit.
- 2011年3月13日 ... associateの意味や和訳。 【動詞】 【他動詞】〔+目+with+(代)名〕1〈もの・人を〉〔… と〕(心理的に)関係づける， ... 用例We associate reindeer with Christmas... - 約 487万語ある英和辞典・和英辞典。発音・イディオムも分かる英語 ...
- idea of reference 関係念慮
- associate, association, attach, bearing, bench mark, benchmark, canonical, cf., connection, correlate, correlation, criteria, criterion, implication, inquire, inquiry, link, measure, mention, pertinent, refer, referral, relate, relation, relationship, relative, relevance, relevant, standard
- Note that tobacco, alcohol, and drugs may also be included in the Personal and Social History; however, many clinicians find these habits pertinent to the Present Illness.