- well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force; "a valid inference"; "a valid argument"; "a valid contract"
- still legally acceptable; "the license is still valid"
- a person who is a participating member of an organization; "the club issues a list of members, both the actives and the retirees"
- tending to become more severe or wider in scope; "active tuberculosis"
- in operation; "keep hope alive"; "the tradition was still alive"; "an active tradition" (同)alive
- engaged in or ready for military or naval operations; "on active duty"; "the platoon is combat-ready"; "review the fighting forces" (同)combat-ready, fighting
- (used of verbs (e.g. `to run' (同)dynamic
- taking part in an activity; "an active member of the club"; "he was politically active"; "the participating organizations" (同)participating
- (of e.g. volcanos) capable of erupting
- (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt; "active volcanos"
- (of the sun) characterized by an increased occurrence of sunspots and flares and radio emissions
- characterized by energetic activity; "an active toddler"; "active as a gazelle"; "an active man is a man of action"
- disposed to take action or effectuate change; "a director who takes an active interest in corporate operations"; "an active antagonism"; "he was active in drawing attention to their grievances"
- engaged in full-time work; "active duty"; "though past retirement age he is still active in his profession"
- exerting influence or producing a change or effect; "an active ingredient"
- expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor: "Hemingway favors active constructions"
- full of activity or engaged in continuous activity; "an active seaport"; "an active bond market"; "an active account"
- works well as a means or remedy; "an effective reprimand"; "a lotion that is effective in cases of prickly heat"
- producing or capable of producing an intended result or having a striking effect; "an air-cooled motor was more effective than a witchs broomstick for rapid long-distance transportation"-LewisMumford; "effective teaching methods"; "effective steps toward peace"; "made an effective entrance"; "his complaint proved to be effectual in bringing action"; "an efficacious law" (同)effectual, efficacious
- able to accomplish a purpose; functioning effectively; "people who will do nothing unless they get something out of it for themselves are often highly effective persons..."-G.B.Shaw; "effective personnel"; "an efficient secretary"; "the efficient cause of the revolution" (同)efficient
- exerting force or influence; "the law is effective immediately"; "a warranty good for two years"; "the law is already in effect (or in force)" (同)good, in effect, in force
- existing in fact; not theoretical; real; "a decline in the effective demand"; "confused increased equipment and expenditure with the quantity of effective work done"
- ready for service; "the fort was held by about 100 effective soldiers"
- marked by suitability or rightness or appropriateness; "proper medical treatment"; "proper manners"
- appropriate for a condition or purpose or occasion or a persons character, needs; "everything in its proper place"; "the right man for the job"; "she is not suitable for the position" (同)right
- having all the qualities typical of the thing specified; "wanted a proper dinner; not just a snack"; "he finally has a proper job"
- limited to the thing specified; "the city proper"; "his claim is connected with the deed proper"
- socially right or correct; "it isnt right to leave the party without saying goodbye"; "correct behavior" (同)right
- make right or correct; "Correct the mistakes"; "rectify the calculation" (同)rectify, right
- treat a defect; "The new contact lenses will correct for his myopia"
- free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth; "the correct answer"; "the correct version"; "the right answer"; "took the right road"; "the right decision" (同)right
- in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure; "whats the right word for this?"; "the right way to open oysters" (同)right
- about average; acceptable; "more than adequate as a secretary" (同)passable, fair to middling, tolerable
- sufficient for the purpose; "an adequate income"; "the food was adequate"; "a decent wage"; "enough food"; "food enough" (同)decent, enough
- having the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task; "she had adequate training"; "her training was adequate"; "she was adequate to the job"; "he was equal to the task" (同)equal
- take away the legal force of or render ineffective; "invalidate a contract" (同)void, vitiate
- declare invalid; "The contract was annulled"; "void a plea" (同)annul, quash, void, avoid, nullify
- show to be invalid (同)nullify
- the quality of having legal force or effectiveness (同)validness
- the act of validating; finding or testing the truth of something (同)proof, substantiation
- illogicality as a consequence of having a conclusion that does not follow from the premisses (同)invalidness
- with validity; in a valid manner; "this may not validly be done"
- (理論・理由などが)『妥当な』,しっかりした根拠のある / (契約・法律などが)『合法的な』,正式な手続きを踏んだ / (ある期間,またある条件のもとで)有効な
- 『活動的な』,活発な,活気のある / 『有効な』,(薬の効力などが)まだ働いている,機能している / (軍務で)現役の / 『積極的な』,実際的な / 能動態の
- 『効果的な』,効きめのある / (法律などが)『有効な』,実施されている / 印象深い,感銘的な / 実際に役立つ,実動の
- (目的に)『適切な』,ふさわしい / 《文》《補語にのみ用いて》《『be proper to』+『名』…に固有の,本来備わっている》 / 基準にかなった,正式の / (行き過ぎるぐらいに)礼儀正しい / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》厳密な,正確な / 《名詞の後に置いて》厳密な意味での,真の,純粋の / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》すばらしい,すてきな;《おもに英話》全くの
- 『事実に合った』,『正しい』,正確な / 『標準(因習)に合った』,妥当な,適切な(proper) / 〈誤りなど〉'を'『訂正する』,…‘の'誤りを正す / …‘の'誤りに印をつける / (…で)〈人〉'を'罰する,しかる《+『名』+『for』+『名』》 / …'を'基準に合わせる,調整する,修正する
- (要求・目的に)『十分な』 / かろうじて満足できる / 《補語にのみ用いて》(…に)『適した』,かなった《+『to』(『for』)+『名』》
- (理論・理由などの)『妥当性』,正当性《+of+名》 / (契約などの)有効性,合法性《+of+名》
- 無効,無価値 / =invalidism
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- The European Medicines Agency approval of 5-aminolaevulinic acid (Ameluz) for the treatment of actinic keratosis of mild to moderate intensity on the face and scalp: Summary of the scientific assessment of the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use.
- Tzogani K, Straube M, Hoppe U, Kiely P, O'Dea G, Enzmann H, Salmon P, Salmonson T, Pignatti F.Author information European Medicines Agency , London.AbstractThe European Commission has recently issued a marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union for 5-aminolaevulinic acid (Ameluz). The decision was based on the favorable opinion of the CHMP recommending a marketing authorization for 5-aminolaevulinic acid for treatment of actinic keratosis of mild to moderate intensity on the face and scalp. The active substance is a sensitizer used in photodynamic/radiation therapy (ATC code L01XD04). The gel should cover the lesions and approximately 5 mm of the surrounding area with a film of about 1 mm thickness. The entire treatment area should be illuminated with a red light source, either with a narrow spectrum around 630 nm and a light dose of approximately 37 J/cm(2) or a broader and continuous spectrum in the range between 570 and 670 nm with a light dose between 75 and 200 J/cm(2). One session of photodynamic therapy should be administered for single or multiple lesions. Non- or partially responding lesions should be retreated in a second session 3 months after the first treatment. 5-aminolaevulinic acid is metabolized to protoporphyrin IX, a photoactive compound which accumulates intracellularly in the treated actinic keratosis lesions. Protoporphyrin IX is activated by illumination with red light of a suitable wavelength and energy. In the presence of oxygen, reactive oxygen species are formed which causes damage of cellular components and eventually destroys the target cells. The benefit with 5-aminolaevulinic acid is its ability to improve the complete response rate of actinic keratosis lesions. The most common side effects are reactions at the site of application. The objective of this article is to summarize the scientific review of the application. The detailed scientific assessment report and product information, including the summary of product characteristics (SmPC), are available on the EMA website ( www.ema.europa.eu ).
- The Journal of dermatological treatment.J Dermatolog Treat.2014 Oct;25(5):371-4. doi: 10.3109/09546634.2013.789474. Epub 2013 May 21.
- The European Commission has recently issued a marketing authorisation valid throughout the European Union for 5-aminolaevulinic acid (Ameluz). The decision was based on the favorable opinion of the CHMP recommending a marketing authorization for 5-aminolaevulinic acid for treatment of actinic kerato
- PMID 23550714
- Validation of the Skindex-16 questionnaire in patients with skin diseases in Morocco.
- El Fakir S, Baybay H, Bendahhou K, Obtel M, Benchat L, Mernissi FZ, Nejjari C.Author information Department of Epidemiology, Clinical Research and Community Health - Faculty of Medicine , Fez , Morocco.AbstractObjective: The aim of the study was to translate and adapt the original version of the Skindex-16 questionnaire from English to Moroccan Arabic language, refining its terms and adapting it to Moroccan culture. Methods: After translation and cross-cultural adaptation, the questionnaire was tested on skin diseases patients. Internal consistency was tested using Cronbach's α coefficient, the test-retest reliability using intraclass correlation coefficient (ICC). Construct validity was assessed by examining item convergent and divergent validity. Results: The questionnaire was administered to 120 patients. The mean age of patients was 39 years (SD: 16), 49.6% were married. 76.9% of all participants lived in an urban area. The average time to complete the Skindex-16 questionnaire was 5 min. Questionnaire reliability was assessed using Cronbach's α coefﬁcient, in which the values were all > 0.7. All items exceeded the 0.4 criterion for convergent validity. Conclusion: In general, the ﬁndings of this study indicated that the authors have developed a semantically equivalent translation of Skindex-16 into Moroccan Arabic. It is a reliable and valid measure of the effects of skin disease on the quality of life in Moroccan patients.
- The Journal of dermatological treatment.J Dermatolog Treat.2014 Apr;25(2):106-9. doi: 10.3109/09546634.2012.681016. Epub 2012 Jun 5.
- Objective: The aim of the study was to translate and adapt the original version of the Skindex-16 questionnaire from English to Moroccan Arabic language, refining its terms and adapting it to Moroccan culture. Methods: After translation and cross-cultural adaptation, the questionnaire was tested on
- PMID 22455447
- The influence of inhibitory processes on affective theory of mind in young and old adults.
- Mahy CE, Vetter N, Kühn-Popp N, Löcher C, Krautschuk S, Kliegel M.Author information a Department of Psychology , University of Geneva , Geneva , Switzerland.AbstractABSTRACT The primary aim of this study was to examine the impact of an inhibition manipulation on the effect of age on theory of mind (ToM) in an ecologically valid, affective ToM task. Participants were 30 young and 30 old adults. The Cambridge Mindreading Face-Voice Battery was used to measure ToM; in addition, measures of fluid and crystallized intelligence were taken. Participants were subjected to three levels of inhibitory demand during ToM reasoning: emotional inhibition, non-emotional inhibition, and no inhibition. Old adults performed worse than young adults. The emotional and non-emotional inhibition conditions resulted in worse ToM performance compared to the no inhibition condition. There were no differences in the impact of the inhibition conditions on old and young adults. Regression analyses suggested that old adults' crystallized intelligence was a significant predictor of ToM performance, whereas it did not predict young adults' ToM performance. Results are discussed in terms of verbal ability as a possible compensatory mechanism in coping with verbal inhibitory load in ToM reasoning.
- Neuropsychology, development, and cognition. Section B, Aging, neuropsychology and cognition.Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn.2014 Mar;21(2):129-45. doi: 10.1080/13825585.2013.789096. Epub 2013 Apr 19.
- ABSTRACT The primary aim of this study was to examine the impact of an inhibition manipulation on the effect of age on theory of mind (ToM) in an ecologically valid, affective ToM task. Participants were 30 young and 30 old adults. The Cambridge Mindreading Face-Voice Battery was used to measure ToM
- PMID 23597271
- Validation of a full body finite element model (THUMS) for running-type impacts to the lower extremity.
- Schinkel-Ivy A, Altenhof WJ, Andrews DM.Author information a School of Kinesiology and Health Sciences, York University , 4700 Keele Street, Toronto Ontario Canada M3J 1P3 .AbstractThe purpose of this study was to determine whether modifying an existing, highly biofidelic full body finite element model [total human model for safety (THUMS)] would produce valid amplitude and temporal shock wave characteristics as it travels proximally through the lower extremity. Modifying an existing model may be more feasible than developing a new model, in terms of cost, labour and expertise. The THUMS shoe was modified to more closely simulate the material properties of a heel pad. Relative errors in force and acceleration data from experimental human pendulum impacts and simulated THUMS impacts were 22% and 54%, respectively, across the time history studied. The THUMS peak acceleration was attenuated by 57.5% and took 19.7 ms to travel proximally along the lower extremity. Although refinements may be necessary to improve force and acceleration timing, the modified THUMS represented, to a certain extent, shock wave propagation and attenuation demonstrated by living humans under controlled impact conditions.
- Computer methods in biomechanics and biomedical engineering.Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin.2014 Feb;17(2):137-48. doi: 10.1080/10255842.2012.672562. Epub 2012 Apr 23.
- The purpose of this study was to determine whether modifying an existing, highly biofidelic full body finite element model [total human model for safety (THUMS)] would produce valid amplitude and temporal shock wave characteristics as it travels proximally through the lower extremity. Modifying an e
- PMID 22519546
- An attempt to correct strain data measured with vault-housed extensometers under variations in temperature
- Yamazaki Ken'ichi
- Tectonophysics 599, 89-96, 2013-06-00
- … The formulation is valid if some simplification is allowed. …
- NAID 120005245137
- 「正しく知られるべき対象」（prameya）としてのartha概念の変貌 : ジャヤンタが語るニヤーヤ哲学の思想史的位置をさぐる一視点
- 丸井 浩
- インド哲学仏教学研究 19, 19-59, 2013-04-30
- … Both Jayanta and Bhāsarvajña emphasize the soteriological significance of valid cognition of the artha or the objects of sense-organs. …
- NAID 120005246037
- 飯田 恭一,吉田 倬郎
- 工学院大学研究報告 (114), 47-55, 2013-04-30
- … The purpose of this study is to confirm whether or not the standard value in the service life of materials and facilitiesare valid. …
- NAID 110009559223
- 緒方 啓史,瀬谷 安弘,渡邊 克巳,伊福部 達
- 情報処理学会論文誌 54(4), 1518-1527, 2013-04-15
- コンピュータのGUI(Graphical User Interface)から適切な情報を探す複雑な探索作業に対し,手がかりとなるキューの効果を検討した.たくさんのリンク・ボタンの中から,ボタン上のラベルを読み,適切なものを選ぶという作業タスクにおいて,ときどき,1つだけ輝度が高いボタンを探索キューとして提示した.このとき,正解ボタンを目立たせた場合の効果(ベネフィット)と,正解ではないボタンを目立 …
- NAID 110009579567
- validとは。意味や和訳。[形]（more ～, most ～；～er, ～est）((形式))1 〈理由・論議などが〉正当な根拠のある，確かな，正当[妥当]な(sound)；論理学（論理的に）妥当な（⇔invalid）a valid reason正当な理由.2 （ 比較変化 ...
- valid:法的に有効であること、有効な...英語からも日本語からも検索できて、解説、文例、コロケーションまで掲載した実用的な内容です。 ... 「ビジネス英語辞書」は検索語の和訳・英訳を検索できます。収録語数は 25,316語（ver.51）
- a train pass valid for three months 3か月有効な定期券. 3 法的に有効な[認められた], 合法的な（⇔void） a valid contract 法的に有効な契約. 4 説得力のある, 力強い, 権威のある. 5 ((古))壮健な, たくましい [ラテン語validus （valēre ...
- Note that tobacco, alcohol, and drugs may also be included in the Personal and Social History; however, many clinicians find these habits pertinent to the Present Illness.
- adequate、adequately、appropriate、appropriately、apt、correct、endemic、fit、fittingly、germane、in itself、inherent、inherently、intrinsic、justifiable、natural、neatly、original、originally、pertinent、primarily、properly、reasonable、suitable、suitably、suited、valid
- active stage、actively、activity、aggressive、behaviorally、brisk、briskly、effective、efficacious、offensive、positive、positively、valid、vigorous、vigorously
- Its uses in medicine have become somewhat wider, e.g. to assess for confusion and other cognitive impairment, although it has mainly been validated in the elderly.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbreviated_mental_test_score)