- the act of consorting with or joining with others; "you cannot be convicted of criminal guilt by association"
- (chemistry) any process of combination (especially in solution) that depends on relatively weak chemical bonding
- a relation resulting from interaction or dependence; "flints were found in association with the prehistoric remains of the bear"; "the host is not always injured by association with a parasite"
- the state of being connected together as in memory or imagination; "his association of his father with being beaten was too strong to break"
- the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination; "conditioning is a form of learning by association" (同)connection, connexion
- (ecology) a group of organisms (plants and animals) that live together in a certain geographical region and constitute a community with a few dominant species
- a formal organization of people or groups of people; "he joined the Modern Language Association"
- a cooperative relationship between people or groups who agree to share responsibility for achieving some specific goal; "effective language learning is a partnership between school, teacher and student"; "the action teams worked in partnership with the government"
- a contract between two or more persons who agree to pool talent and money and share profits or losses
- the members of a business venture created by contract
- the state of being friends (or friendly) (同)friendly relationship
- of trade unions; "the union movement"; "union negotiations"; "a union-shop clause in the contract"
- healing process involving the growing together of the edges of a wound or the growing together of broken bones (同)conglutination
- the state of being joined or united or linked; "there is strength in union" (同)unification
- the act of making or becoming a single unit; "the union of opposing factions"; "he looked forward to the unification of his family for the holidays" (同)unification, uniting, conjugation, jointure
- a device on a national flag emblematic of the union of two or more sovereignties (typically in the upper inner corner)
- an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer; "you have to join the union in order to get a job" (同)labor_union, trade union, trades union, brotherhood
- a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets; "let C be the union of the sets A and B" (同)sum, join
- a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations; "the Soviet Union"
- the occurrence of a uniting of separate parts; "lightning produced an unusual union of the metals"
- having partial rights and privileges or subordinate status; "an associate member"; "an associate professor"
- a person who joins with others in some activity or endeavor; "he had to consult his associate before continuing"
- a person with subordinate membership in a society, institution, or commercial enterprise; "associates in the law firm bill at a lower rate than do partners"
- any event that usually accompanies or is closely connected with another; "first was the lightning and then its thunderous associate"
- make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all" (同)tie_in, relate, link, colligate, link up, connect
- refer to; "he referenced his colleagues work" (同)cite
- the act of referring or consulting; "reference to an encyclopedia produced the answer" (同)consultation
- the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression; the class of objects that an expression refers to; "the extension of `satellite of Mars is the set containing only Demos and Phobos" (同)denotation, extension
- a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to; "he carried an armful of references back to his desk"; "he spent hours looking for the source of that quotation" (同)source
- the relation between a word or phrase and the object or idea it refers to; "he argued that reference is a consequence of conditioned reflexes"
- a relation between things or events (as in the case of one causing the other or sharing features with it); "there was a connection between eating that pickle and having that nightmare" (同)connexion, connectedness
- a connecting shape (同)connexion, link
- the state of being connected; "the connection between church and state is inescapable" (同)link, connectedness
- shifting from one form of transportation to another; "the plane was late and he missed his connection in Atlanta" (同)connexion
- an instrumentality that connects; "he soldered the connection"; "he didnt have the right connector between the amplifier and the speakers" (同)connexion, connector, connecter, connective
- (usually plural) a person who is influential and to whom you are connected in some way (as by family or friendship); "he has powerful connections"
- a supplier (especially of narcotics)
- the means of connection between things linked in series (同)nexus
- a unit of length equal to 1/100 of a chain
- an interconnecting circuit between two or more locations for the purpose of transmitting and receiving data (同)data link
- a fastener that serves to join or connect; "the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction" (同)linkup, tie, tie-in
- (computing) an instruction that connects one part of a program or an element on a list to another program or list
- of or relating to associations or associationism
- 〈U〉(…との)『交際』,付き合い《+『with』+『名』》 / 〈U〉(…との)『連合』,『共同』,関連《+『with』+『名』》 / 〈C〉組合,協会,会社 / 〈U〉連想;〈C〉《しばしば複数形で》連想されるもの
- 〈U〉提携,協力 / 〈U〉組合契約;〈C〉合名会社
- 〈U〉友情,親交 / 〈C〉交友,交際
- 〈U〉(…の,の間の)『結合』,合同,合併;調和,一致《+of(between)+名》 / 〈C〉『結合したもの』,結合体,統一組識 / 《the U-》アメリカ合衆国;(南北戦争時に)連邦政府側についた北部諸州 / 《the U-》英連合王国(1706年イングランドとスコットランドが合併) / 〈C〉『労働組合』同盟,ユニオン / 〈C〉〈U〉結婚[生活] / 〈C〉連合旗章(米国国旗の白星;英国国旗の3本十字の三国連合旗章など) / 〈C〉(機械の部品をくなぐ)接合管
- 〈人〉'を'(…の)『仲間に加える』,(…に)連合させる《+『名』〈人〉+『with』+『名』》 / (…と)…'を'結びつけて考える(起こす)《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (…と)『仲間になる』,交際する《+『with』+『名』》 / (…と)合体する,提携する《+『with』+『名』》 / 『仲間』,『同僚』;組合員 / 準会員 / 付属物;連想されるもの / 連合した;仲間の,同僚の / 補助の,準…
- 〈U〉(…へ)『言及すること』,(…の)話に触れること《+『to』+『名』》;〈C〉言及した事柄 / 〈U〉(…を)『参照すること』,参考《+『to』+『名』》;〈C〉(本などの)出典,参考書;(出典などの)注記 / 〈C〉(人物・才能などの)証明書;身元保証人,照会先
- (鎖の)『輪』,環 / 鎖のようにつながったソーセージの一節 / (…と)つなぐ物(人),(…との)きずな,つながり《+『with』(『to』)+『名』》 / 《複数形で》=cuff links / …‘を'『つなぎ合わせる』,連結する;(…と)…‘を'つなぐ《+『名』+『with』(『to』)+『名』》 / (…と)結合する,つながる《+[『up』(『together』)]『with』+『名』》
||Look up association in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Association may refer to:
Voluntary associations, groups of individuals who voluntarily enter into an agreement to accomplish a purpose:
- 501(c) non-profit organization (USA)
- Alumni association, an association of former students of a college or university
- Professional association
- Sports association
- Trade association, another name of an industry trade group
Associations in various fields of study:
- Archaeological association, in archaeology, the relationship between objects found together
- Association (astronomy), combined or co-added group of astronomical exposures
- Association (chemistry)
- Association (ecology)
- Association (genetics)
- Association (object-oriented programming), a kind of grouping in object-oriented programming
- Association (psychology), a connection between two or more concepts in the mind or imagination
- Association (statistics)
- File association, associates a file with a software application capable of opening that file
- Free association of producers, the goal of anarchists and communists
- Security Association, the establishment of shared security attributes between two network entities to support secure communication
Names of particular entities or things:
- Continental Association, often called the "Association", an economic boycott during the American Revolution
- HMS Association (1697), a Royal Navy ship which sank in 1707
- L'Association, a French comic book publisher
- The Association, a pop band
- Associate (disambiguation)
- Interpersonal relationship
- Intimate friendship
- Free association
- Association Football
- Eingetragener Verein (German "registered association")
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Use of foreign-educated nurses and patient satisfaction in U.S. hospitals.
- Mazurenko O1, Menachemi N.
- Health care management review.Health Care Manage Rev.2016 Jul 1. [Epub ahead of print]
- PURPOSE: In the context of value-based purchasing, this study examines the association between the utilization of foreign-educated registered nurses (RNs) and patient satisfaction among U.S. acute care hospitals.DATA SOURCES/STUDY SETTING: We utilized data from the Hospital Consumer Assessment of He
- PMID 26131608
- How do integrative practices influence patient-centered care?: An exploratory study comparing diabetes and mental health care.
- Novikov Z1, Glover WJ, Trepman PC, Naveh E, Goldfracht M.
- Health care management review.Health Care Manage Rev.2016 May 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- BACKGROUND: Integration between organizational units to achieve common goals has been of interest to health systems because of the potential to improve patient-centered care. However, the means by which integrative practices actually influence patient-centered care remain unclear. Whereas many studi
- PMID 26002414
- Antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of commercial rice wine extracts of Taiwanese Allium fistulosum.
- Chang TC1, Jang HD2, Lin WD3, Duan PF4.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2016 Jan 1;190:724-9. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.06.019. Epub 2015 Jun 6.
- The antioxidant and antibacterial activities of commercial rice wine extracts obtained from different plant parts of Allium fistulosum were assayed. The results showed that commercial rice wine extracts of A. fistulosum contained 28.3-95.9μL/mL allicin and exhibited significant antioxidant and anti
- PMID 26213031
- The complexity of condensed tannin binding to bovine serum albumin - An isothermal titration calorimetry study.
- Kilmister RL1, Faulkner P2, Downey MO2, Darby SJ3, Falconer RJ3.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2016 Jan 1;190:173-8. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.04.144. Epub 2015 May 6.
- Isothermal titration calorimetry was applied to study the binding of purified proanthocyanidin oligomers to bovine serum albumin (BSA). The molecular weight of the proanthocyanidin oligomer had a major impact on its binding to BSA. The calculated change in enthalpy (ΔH) and association constant (Ka
- PMID 26212957
- 青木 秀一,大槻 一博,河村 侑輝,土田 健一,木村 武史
- 情報処理学会研究報告. [オーディオビジュアル複合情報処理] 2014-AVM-84(2), 1-6, 2014-02-14
- 2016 年のスーパーハイビジョン (SHV) の試験放送開始を目指し,新たな放送システムの標準化が進められている.この放送システムの多重化方式として,筆者らが提案してきた MMT(MPEG Media Transport) が採用される見込みである.MMT は 2013 年 11 月に ISO/IEC 23008-1 として MPEG での標準化が完了した新たなメディアトランスポート方式であり, …
- NAID 110009669770
- 女子大学生の月経に関する身体的精神的ストレインに関する要因 －精神的健康を規定する要因の検討を中心に－
- 小黒 友美,平野 裕子
- 保健学研究 26, 15-21, 2014-02
- … This is particularly true in the association of SOC to mental health. …
- NAID 120005367578
- 小平 英志
- 日本福祉大学子ども発達学論集 (6), 1-10, 2014-01-31
- … We tested the following hypotheses: (a) Undervaluing others would be associated with evaluations of government and political self-efficacy, and (b) this association would be stronger in people that have a high interest in politics; …
- NAID 110009676314
- Xクラブ会員科学者たちと英国科学振興協会に於ける科学教育の普及のための活動 : 英国Ｘクラブ会員科学者による科学活動と1880年代日本における科学教育の形成過程
- 永田 英治
- 宮城教育大学紀要 = Bulletin of Miyagi University of Education 48, 113-123, 2014-01-27
- The X club in the historical studies of scienceA sketch of the meetings of the X clubT. H. Huxley's relationship with the members of the X clubJ. Tyndall's relationship with the members of the X clubT …
- NAID 120005369634
- associationとは。意味や和訳。[名]1 （共通の目的で組織された）団体, 会, 会社；組合；((しばしばA-))（…）協会the student body association学生自治会.2 [U]（…との）交際, つき合い, かかわり, つながり, 共同, 提携((with ...))in ...
- Japanese English あなたは 人目のお客さまです アジアハーブアソシエイションはバンコクに3店舗。 各店のメニューと地図はコチラ>> オーガニックセルフスパプロダクト『PACCOP』。からだにも心にも、地球にもやさしいプロダクトです。
- idea of reference 関係念慮
- associate, association, attach, bearing, bench mark, benchmark, canonical, cf., connection, correlate, correlation, criteria, criterion, implication, inquire, inquiry, link, measure, mention, pertinent, refer, referral, relate, relation, relationship, relative, relevance, relevant, standard
- Note that tobacco, alcohol, and drugs may also be included in the Personal and Social History; however, many clinicians find these habits pertinent to the Present Illness.