- a close personal relationship that forms between people (as between husband and wife or parent and child)
- fastening firmly together (同)soldering
- (dentistry) a technique for repairing a tooth; resinous material is applied to the surface of the tooth where it adheres to the tooths enamel
- land on or hit solidly; "The brick connected on her head, knocking her out"
- be or become joined or united or linked; "The two streets connect to become a highway"; "Our paths joined"; "The travelers linked up again at the airport" (同)link, link up, join, unite
- connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms" (同)link, tie, link up
- be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as in transportation; "The local train does not connect with the Amtrak train"; "The planes dont connect and you will have to wait for four hours"
- establish a rapport or relationship; "The President of this university really connects with the faculty"
- hit or play a ball successfully; "The batter connected for a home run"
- join by means of communication equipment; "The telephone company finally put in lines to connect the towns in this area"
- join for the purpose of communication; "Operator, could you connect me to the Raffles in Singapore?"
- of trade unions; "the union movement"; "union negotiations"; "a union-shop clause in the contract"
- healing process involving the growing together of the edges of a wound or the growing together of broken bones (同)conglutination
- the state of being joined or united or linked; "there is strength in union" (同)unification
- the act of making or becoming a single unit; "the union of opposing factions"; "he looked forward to the unification of his family for the holidays" (同)unification, uniting, conjugation, jointure
- a device on a national flag emblematic of the union of two or more sovereignties (typically in the upper inner corner)
- an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer; "you have to join the union in order to get a job" (同)labor_union, trade union, trades union, brotherhood
- a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets; "let C be the union of the sets A and B" (同)sum, join
- a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations; "the Soviet Union"
- the occurrence of a uniting of separate parts; "lightning produced an unusual union of the metals"
- having partial rights and privileges or subordinate status; "an associate member"; "an associate professor"
- a person who joins with others in some activity or endeavor; "he had to consult his associate before continuing"
- a person with subordinate membership in a society, institution, or commercial enterprise; "associates in the law firm bill at a lower rate than do partners"
- any event that usually accompanies or is closely connected with another; "first was the lightning and then its thunderous associate"
- make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all" (同)tie_in, relate, link, colligate, link up, connect
- maneuver into a dock; "dock the ships"
- any of certain coarse weedy plants with long taproots, sometimes used as table greens or in folk medicine (同)sorrel, sour grass
- landing in a harbor next to a pier where ships are loaded and unloaded or repaired; may have gates to let water in or out; "the ship arrived at the dock more than a day late" (同)dockage, docking facility
- a platform where trucks or trains can be loaded or unloaded (同)loading dock
- an enclosure in a court of law where the defendant sits during the trial
- the solid bony part of the tail of an animal as distinguished from the hair
- remove or shorten the tail of an animal (同)tail, bob
- come into dock; "the ship docked"
- deduct from someones wages
- deprive someone of benefits, as a penalty
- come into the company of; "She joined him for a drink"
- cause to become joined or linked; "join these two parts so that they fit together" (同)bring together
- make contact or come together; "The two roads join here" (同)conjoin
- become part of; become a member of a group or organization; "He joined the Communist Party as a young man" (同)fall_in, get together
- the formation of a close personal relationship between men; "the rituals known as male bonding do not necessarily involve drinking beer together"
- 〈2個の物〉'を'『連結する』,結びつける;(…と)…'を'結合する電話でつなぐ《+『名』+『with』(『to』)+『名』》 / 《受動態で》(…と)…'を'『関係させる』,親類関係にする《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (…で)…'を'連想する,結びつけて考える《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 〈物・事柄などが〉(…と)関連している,つながる《+『with』+『名』(『wh-節』)》 / 〈交通機関が〉(…と)連絡(接続)している《+『with』+『名』》
- 〈U〉(…の,の間の)『結合』,合同,合併;調和,一致《+of(between)+名》 / 〈C〉『結合したもの』,結合体,統一組識 / 《the U-》アメリカ合衆国;(南北戦争時に)連邦政府側についた北部諸州 / 《the U-》英連合王国(1706年イングランドとスコットランドが合併) / 〈C〉『労働組合』同盟,ユニオン / 〈C〉〈U〉結婚[生活] / 〈C〉連合旗章(米国国旗の白星;英国国旗の3本十字の三国連合旗章など) / 〈C〉(機械の部品をくなぐ)接合管
- 〈人〉'を'(…の)『仲間に加える』,(…に)連合させる《+『名』〈人〉+『with』+『名』》 / (…と)…'を'結びつけて考える(起こす)《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (…と)『仲間になる』,交際する《+『with』+『名』》 / (…と)合体する,提携する《+『with』+『名』》 / 『仲間』,『同僚』;組合員 / 準会員 / 付属物;連想されるもの / 連合した;仲間の,同僚の / 補助の,準…
- 『波止場』,埠頭(ふとう) / (入港中の船を入れておく)船だまり / (造船,修理用の)『ドック』,船渠(せんきょ) / 〈船〉‘を'ドックに入れる / 〈2個以上の宇宙船〉‘を'大気圏外で連結させる / 〈船が〉ドックにはいる / 〈宇宙船が〉大気圏外で連結する,ドッキングする
- …‘の'端を切り取る / 〈給料など〉‘の'一部を差し引く;(…から)〈ある金額〉‘を'減らす《+『名』+『off』(『from』)+『名』》
- 〈二つ以上のもの〉‘を'『つなぐ』,結合する《+『名』+『together』(『up』)》;(…に)…‘を'つなぐ《+『名』+『to』(『onto』)+『名』》 / (線などで)〈二つ以上のもの〉‘の'間を結ぶ(つなぐ)《+『名』+『by』(『with』)+『名』》 / (友情・結婚などで)〈人〉‘を'結びつける《+『名』+『in』+『名』》 / 〈川・道などが〉…‘と'いっしょになる,合流する / 〈会など〉‘に'『加入する』 / (…で)〈人〉‘の'『仲間に入る』,‘と'いっしょになる《+『名』〈人〉+『in』(『for』)+『名』,+『名』〈人〉+『in』do『ing』》 / (…に)『加わる』《+『in』+『名』〈事〉/+『in』 『with』+『名』〈人〉》 / (人と…を)『ともにする』《+『with』+『名』〈人〉+『in』+『名』(doing)》 / 〈川・道などが〉『いっしょになる』,合流する / 接合箇所(点,面,線);継ぎ目
||Look up bond in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Bond, bonds, bonded, and bonding may refer to:
- 1 Fiduciary
- 2 Judiciary
- 3 Physical sciences
- 4 Social sciences
- 5 Manufacturing, construction and electronics
- 6 Company and product names
- 7 Organizations
- 8 Entertainment
- 9 Places
- 10 People
- 11 See also
- Bond market
- Bond (finance), in finance, a type of debt security
- Government bond, a bond issued by a national government
- War bond, a type of government bond used to raise funding for a war effort
- Municipal bond, a bond issued by a city or local government
- Corporate bond, a bond issued by a corporation
- Mortgage bond, in South Africa a bond or mortgage bond is the usual term for property mortgage
- Development impact bond (DIB)
- Social impact bond (SIB)
- Insurance bond (or investment bond), a life assurance-based single premium investment
- Surety bond, a three-party contract, where the surety promises to pay the obligee for non-performance or dishonesty by the principal
- Performance bond, a surety bond for completion of work under a contract
- Bail-bond agent, or bail bondsman, a person or corporation providing a surety bond for return of a person to a court
- Tenancy bond (or damage deposit), a deposit taken by a landlord in relation to rental of a property
- Catastrophe bond (or cat bond), a form of reinsurance
- Bonded labor (or debt bondage), a system of servitude where someone must work to pay off a debt
- Bonding an employee (such as Fidelity bond), a form of insurance that protects businesses against fraudulent acts of its employees.
- Bond of association, a basic building-block of credit unions and of co-operative banks
- Bond vigilante, a form of political protest by selling bonds
- Peace bond, a protection order from a Canadian court
- Bond of manrent, a Scottish clan treaty
- Bond of Association, a British legal document from the 16th century
- Bond v. United States (2000), a U.S. Supreme Court case regarding the fourth amendment
- Bond v The Queen, a 2000 High Court of Australia case
- Bond number, in fluid mechanics, a dimensionless number expressing the ratio of gravitational forces to surface tension forces
- Chemical bond, the physical phenomenon of chemical substances being held together by attraction of atoms
- Covalent bond, between nonmetals
- Ionic bond, between metal and nonmetals
- Metallic bond, between metals
- Bond albedo, a measure of the electromagnetic radiation reflected from an astronomical body
- Bond graph, a graphical description of a physical dynamic system
- Bond fluctuation model, a lattice model for simulating the conformation and dynamics of polymer systems
- The Bond (Chinese constellation), both a mansion in the White Tiger constellation and an asterism within that mansion
- Bond Crater, a crater on Mars
- Pair bond, in biology, the strong affinity that develops in some species between the male and female in a breeding pair, or, sometimes, between individuals of the same sex
- Human bonding
- Maternal bond
- Paternal bond
- Male bonding
- Female bonding
- Affectional bond
- Village-bonded society
- Land-bonded society
- Lineage-bonded society
Manufacturing, construction and electronics
- Bond, the manner in which the bricks overlap as they are laid in brickwork
- Bond paper, a high quality durable writing paper
- Bonded leather (or reconstituted leather)
- Bottled in bond, referring to a type of American whiskey
- Bond store, another name for bonded warehouse, where alcohol may be held without tax under strict conditions
- "Bonding" may refer to a method for creating electric interconnects:
- Chip bonding, method of wiring some chips (also from different manufactures) together on die an integrated circuit
- Wire bonding, a method of making interconnections between a microchip and the outside world as part of semiconductor device fabrication
- Ball bonding, a method very similar to wire bonding
- Channel bonding (or modem bonding), an arrangement in which two or more network interfaces on a host computer are combined
- NIC bonding, an alternate name for link aggregation
- Electrical bonding, practice of connecting all metal objects in a room to protect from electric shock
Company and product names
- Bond (sheep), Australian breed of sheep
- Bond (wine), California cult wine producer
- Bonds (clothing), Australian clothing company
- Bond Clothing Stores, a former New York clothing company
- Bonds, formerly the name of a department store in Norwich, England, now called John Lewis Norwich
- Bonds, formerly the name of a department store in Chelmsford, Essex, now called Debenhams Chelmsford
- Bond Arms, a Texas gun manufacturer
- Bond Aviation Group, a British helicopter operator
- Bond Offshore Helicopters, a subsidiary of the above
- Bond Cars Ltd, a small scale car manufacturer between 1949 and 1971:
- Bond 875, three-wheeled motor car
- Bond Bug, three-wheeled motor car
- Bond Equipe, their first four-wheeled motor car
- Bond Minicar, three-wheeled motor car
- BOND, RAD software tool
- Bond Street (cigarette), brand of cigarette
- The Bond Electraglide electric guitar, manufactured by Bond Guitars
- Bond Market Association, the former international trade association for the bond market industry
- Bond Wireless, an Australian wireless company
- Afrikaner Bond, a political party in the Cape Colony in the 19th century
- bonding-studenteninitiative e.V., a German student organisation
- Church of the Universal Bond, a British religious group
- Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny (BOND), created By Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson
- Bond (for international development), the membership body for UK-based NGOs working in international development
- The James Bond series of spy fiction originally created by Ian Fleming
- James Bond (literary character), a British secret agent who is the central character in a series of novels
- James Bond filmography, a British secret agent who is the central character in a series of films
- James Bond stories, the original literary works by Fleming, plus works by other authors after Fleming's death (usually commissioned by the owner of the Fleming copyrights, a company now known as Ian Fleming Publications)
- James Bond film series, a popular series of 25 films featuring Fleming's secret agent
- Bond girl, the 'love' interest in a James Bond film
- Campion Bond, the fictional character from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Bond (band), an Australian/British string quartet
- Bond: Video Clip Collection, a video collection from the band
- The Bond, a film by Charlie Chaplin supporting Liberty bonds'
- "The Bonding", a third-season episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Bond Street (film), a 1948 British film
- Bond Street, a major shopping street in the West End of London
- Bond University, Gold Coast, Australia
- Bond South Africa, South African campus of Bond University
- Bond Education Group, Toronto, Ontario
- Bond Head, Regional Municipality of Durham, Ontario
- Bond Head, Simcoe County, Ontario, part of Bradford West Gwillimbury, Ontario
- Bond Island, Queensland, an island in the Torres Strait
- Bond Inlet, a body of water in Nunavut's Qikiqtaaluk Region in Canada
- Bonds, Lancashire, an English village
- Bond, Colorado
- Bond County, Illinois
- Bond County Community Unit School District 2
- Bond Township, Lawrence County, Illinois
- Bond, Mississippi
- Bond Hill, Ohio
- Bond Court Building, the former name of a highrise in Cleveland, Ohio
- Bond Falls, a waterfall in the Ontonagon River, Michigan
- Bond Falls Scenic Site, a state park for the above waterfall
- Mount Bond, a mountain in Grafton County, New Hampshire
- Bond's Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church, an historic church in Missouri
- Bond House (disambiguation), various National Registered Historic Places in the United States
- Bonds (disambiguation)
- Bonde (disambiguation)
- Bondage (disambiguation)
- Bond Street (disambiguation)
- James Bond (disambiguation)
- Bond Head (disambiguation)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Health based pasta: redefining the concept of the next generation convenience food.
- Krishnan M, Prabhasankar P.Sourcea Flour Milling, Baking and Confectionery Technology Department , Central Food Technological Research Institute , Mysore , India.
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition.Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr.2012 Jan;52(1):9-20.
- Pasta, a delicious meal favorite and the signature dish of many of the world's most famous chefs and a bonding comfort meal for millions all over the world, it has been recognized as an identifying ingredient of traditional healthy Mediterranean and Latin American meals. Pasta has come a long way fr
- PMID 21991987
- Use of Unnatural Amino Acids to Probe Structure-Activity Relationships and Mode-of-Action of Antimicrobial Peptides.
- Tossi A, Scocchi M, Zahariev S, Gennaro R.SourceDepartment of Life Sciences, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.).Methods Mol Biol.2012;794:169-83.
- Endogenous antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) can have multimodal mechanisms of bacterial inactivation, such as membrane lysis, interference with cell wall biosynthesis or membrane-based protein machineries, or translocation through the membrane to intracellular targets. The controlled variation of side-
- PMID 21956562
- Reverberation-ray matrix analysis for wave propagation in multiferroic plates with imperfect interfacial bonding.
- Zhu J, Chen W, Ye G.SourceDepartment of Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University, Yuquan Campus, Hangzhou 310027, China.
- Ultrasonics.Ultrasonics.2012 Jan;52(1):125-32. Epub 2011 Jul 21.
- The dispersion behavior of waves in multiferroic plates with imperfect interfacial bonding has been investigated via the method of reverberation-ray matrix, which is directly established from the three-dimensional equations of magneto-electro-elasticity in the form of state space formalism. A genera
- PMID 21821270
- Intrinsic Effect of the Electric Field on Ti--O Bonding in Ferroelectric BaTiO<sub>3</sub> Probed by Resonant X-ray Emission Spectroscopy
- Isohama Yoichi,Nakajima Nobuo,Watanabe Gouki,Mizumaki Masaichiro,Kawamura Naomi,Maruyama Hiroshi
- Jpn J Appl Phys 50(9), 09NE04-09NE04-4, 2011-09-25
- … It is concluded that a prompt response of the Ti--O bonding to the field is an intrinsic factor determining the ferroelectric nature of BaTiO<sub>3</sub>, such as displacive type or order--disorder type. …
- NAID 150000058030
- Crystal Structure of New Carbon--Nitride-Related Material C<sub>2</sub>N<sub>2</sub>(CH<sub>2</sub>)
- Sougawa Masaya,Sumiya Takahiro,Takarabe Kenichi,Mori Yoshihisa,Okada Taku,Gotou Hirotada,Yagi Takehiko,Yamazaki Daisuke,Tomioka Naotaka,Katsura Tomoo,Kariyazaki Hiroaki,Sueoka Koji,Kunitsugu Shinsuke
- Jpn J Appl Phys 50(9), 095503-095503-5, 2011-09-25
- … atomic unit and the bonding rearranged, the C<sub>2</sub>N<sub>2</sub>(CH<sub>2</sub>) becomes the expected superhard C<sub>3</sub>N<sub>4</sub>. …
- NAID 150000057912
- Robust bonding and one-step facile synthesis of tough hydrogels with desirable shape by virtue of the double network structure
- Saito Junji,Furukawa Hidemitsu,Kurokawa Takayuki,Kuwabara Rikimaru,Kuroda Shinya,Tanaka Yoshimi,Gong Jian Ping,Kitamura Nobuto,Yasuda Kazunori
- Polymer Chemistry, 2011-09
- … Robust bonding of a hydrogel in aqueous environment, either to another hydrogel or to a solid, is one of the major unsolved issues for the practical applications of hydrogels in various fields. … Here we report robust bonding between a pair of hydrogel sheets, containing over 90 wt% of water, by 10 applying the double-network (DN) structure. … This hydrogel bonding technique is also applied to form tough bonding between hydrogel and plastic plates. …
- NAID 120002758418
- 2006年10月2日 ... Linuxでは、ボンディング（bonding）を使うことでNICの冗長化、負荷分散ができます。 ケーブルが断線したり、間違えて ... mode= ? bondingモジュールに許可された 4つの ポリシーの中から1つを指定します。このパラメータに有効な値は次の ...
- レッドハット株式会社の公式ウェブサイトです。レッドハットでは、Red Hat Enterprise Linux , JBoss Enterprise Middlewareなどのオープンソース製品をご提供しています。