- direct or control; projects, businesses, etc.; "She is running a relief operation in the Sudan" (同)run
- happen; "What is going on in the minds of the people?"
- handle and cause to function; "do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol"; "control the lever" (同)control
- work as a driver; "He drives a bread truck"; "She drives for the taxi company in Newark"
- a physiological state corresponding to a strong need or desire
- hitting a golf ball off of a tee with a driver; "he sliced his drive out of bounds" (同)driving
- a wide scenic road planted with trees; "the riverside drive offers many exciting scenic views" (同)parkway
- a journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile); "he took the family for a drive in his new car" (同)ride
- the act of applying force to propel something; "after reaching the desired velocity the drive is cut off" (同)thrust, driving_force
- (computer science) a device that writes data onto or reads data from a storage medium
- (sports) a hard straight return (as in tennis or squash)
- a mechanism by which force or power is transmitted in a machine; "a variable speed drive permitted operation through a range of speeds"
- the act of driving a herd of animals overland
- the trait of being highly motivated; "his drive and energy exhausted his co-workers"
- move into a desired direction of discourse; "What are you driving at?" (同)get, aim
- travel or be transported in a vehicle; "We drove to the university every morning"; "They motored to London for the theater" (同)motor
- have certain properties when driven; "This car rides smoothly"; "My new truck drives well" (同)ride
- proceed along in a vehicle; "We drive the turnpike to work" (同)take
- cause someone or something to move by driving; "She drove me to school every day"; "We drove the car to the garage"
- cause to function by supplying the force or power for or by controlling; "The amplifier drives the tube"; "steam drives the engines"; "this device drives the disks for the computer"
- cause to move rapidly by striking or throwing with force; "drive the ball far out into the field"
- compel somebody to do something, often against his own will or judgment; "She finally drove him to change jobs"
- excavate horizontally; "drive a tunnel"
- hit very hard, as by swinging a bat horizontally; "drive a ball"
- hunting: chase from cover into more open ground; "drive the game"
- hunting: search for game; "drive the forest"
- move by being propelled by a force; "The car drove around the corner"
- operate or control a vehicle; "drive a car or bus"; "Can you drive this four-wheel truck?"
- push, propel, or press with force; "Drive a nail into the wall"
- strike with a driver, as in teeing off; "drive a golf ball"
- to compel or force or urge relentlessly or exert coercive pressure on, or motivate strongly; "She is driven by her passion"
- urge forward; "drive the cows into the barn"
- process or manner of functioning or operating; "the power of its engine determines its operation"; "the planes operation in high winds"; "they compared the cooking performance of each oven"; "the jets performance conformed to high standards" (同)functioning, performance
- (computer science) data processing in which the result is completely specified by a rule (especially the processing that results from a single instruction); "it can perform millions of operations per second"
- the state of being in effect or being operative; "that rule is no longer in operation"
- activity by a military or naval force (as a maneuver or campaign); "it was a joint operation of the navy and air force" (同)military operation
- a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work; "the operations in building a house"; "certain machine tool operations" (同)procedure
- a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body; "they will schedule the operation as soon as an operating room is available"; "he died while undergoing surgery" (同)surgery, surgical_operation, surgical_procedure, surgical process
- a business especially one run on a large scale; "a large-scale farming operation"; "a multinational operation"; "they paid taxes on every stage of the operation"; "they had to consolidate their operations"
- a planned activity involving many people performing various actions; "they organized a rescue operation"; "the biggest police operation in French history"; "running a restaurant is quite an operation"; "consolidate the companies various operations"
- the activity of operating something (a machine or business etc.); "her smooth operation of the vehicle gave us a surprisingly comfortable ride"
- the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism; "the piano had a very stiff action" (同)action_mechanism
- an act by a government body or supranational organization; "recent federal action undermined the segregationist position"; "the United Nations must have the power to propose and organize action without being hobbled by irrelevant issues"; "the Union action of emancipating Southern slaves"
- something done (usually as opposed to something said); "there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
- the most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field; "the action is no longer in technology stocks but in municipal bonds"; "gawkers always try to get as close to the action as possible"
- the trait of being active and energetic and forceful; "a man of action"
- the series of events that form a plot; "his novels always have a lot of action"
- the state of being active; "his sphere of activity"; "he is out of action" (同)activity, activeness
- institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination" (同)sue, litigate, process
- perform as expected when applied; "The washing machine wont go unless its plugged in"; "Does this old car still run well?"; "This old radio doesnt work anymore" (同)work, operate, go, run
- (mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function) (同)mathematical function, single-valued function, map, mapping
- a relation such that one thing is dependent on another; "height is a function of age"; "price is a function of supply and demand"
- the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group; "the function of a teacher"; "the government must do its part"; "play its role" (同)office, part, role
- what something is used for; "the function of an auger is to bore holes"; "ballet is beautiful but what use is it?" (同)purpose, role, use
- a formal or official social gathering or ceremony; "it was a black-tie function"
- perform surgery on; "The doctors operated on the patient but failed to save his life" (同)operate
- a building where musical dramas are performed (同)opera_house
- a drama set to music; consists of singing with orchestral accompaniment and an orchestral overture and interludes
- involved in a kind of operation; "the operating conditions of the oxidation pond"
- 〈機械・身体器官などが〉『動く』,作動する / 〈薬などが〉(…に)『利く』,効果を表す,作用する,影響する《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』》 / (人に…の)『手術をする』《+『on』(『upon』)+『名』〈人〉+『for』+『名』》 / (…に対して)軍事行動をする《+『against』+『名』》 / 〈機械・装置など〉‘を'『動かす』 / …‘を'経営する,運営する;〈株など〉‘を'売買する
- (…から…へ)〈動物・敵など〉‘を'『追い立てる』,追い払う,追い出す《+『名』+『away』(『out』)『from』+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (…から)…‘を'押しやる,押し流す《+『名』+『off』(『out of』)+『名』》 / 〈人〉‘を'駆り立てる(force) / 〈車・馬車〉‘を'『運転する』,操縦する;〈馬〉‘を'御する / 《副詞[句]を伴って》(ある場所へ)〈人〉‘を'車(馬車)で運ぶ(送る) / (…に)〈くい・くぎ・ねじなど〉‘を'打ち込む,差し込む《+『名』+『in』(『into, through』)+『名』》 / 〈人〉‘を'酷使する / 〈商売・取引など〉‘を'活発に行う,強力に進める / (…に)〈トンネルなど〉‘を'掘る,通す《+『名』+『through』+『名』》 / 〈動力が〉〈機械など〉‘を'運転する,動かす / 『車を運転する』 / 《副詞[句]を伴って》車で行く,ドライブする / 〈車・船などが〉(…に)突進する;〈雨・風が〉(…に)激しく吹きつける《+『against』(『into』)+『名』》 / 〈C〉(馬車・自動車などに)乗って行くこと,遠乗り,『ドライブ』 / 〈U〉(馬車・自動車で行く)道のり,行程 / 〈C〉(特に邸内・公園内の)車道 / 〈U〉〈C〉(自動車などの)駆動装置 / 〈C〉(目的達成のための)組織的活動,運動 / 〈U〉元気,迫力,精力 / 〈U〉突進;(軍隊の)猛攻撃 / 〈C〉(心理的な)動因,本能的要求 / 〈U〉〈C〉(ゴルフ・テニスなどの)強打 / 〈C〉(家畜などを)追い立てること
- 〈U〉(…)『作用』,働き;(機械などを)『動かすこと』,操作,(企業などの)運営《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉(機械・機能などが)『動いている状態』,働いている状態,(法律など)有効である状態 / 〈C〉(人に対する…の)『手術』《+『on』〈人〉+『for』+『名』〈患部・病名〉》 / 〈C〉《複数形で》(特に,軍の)行動;《しばしばO-》…作戦 / 〈C〉運算,演算
- 〈U〉『行動』,活動;精力的な活動 / 〈C〉『行為』,行い;《複数形で》『日常の行動』,ふるまい / 〈U〉〈C〉(人間・馬などの)身ぶり,動作,所作 / 〈U〉(身体諸器官の)働き / 〈U〉(機械などの)『働き』,機能;(薬・化学薬品などの)『作用』 / 〈U〉〈C〉戦闘(battle) / 〈C〉(銃・ピアノなどの)アクション,作動装置 / 〈C〉訴訟 / 〈U〉(劇・物語の)本筋,筋の運び
- (人・物の果たすべき)『働き』,機能,役目;《しばしば複数形で》職務 / (公式の)儀式,《話》大きな催し(集まり),式典 / (数学で)関数 / 〈機械などが〉『機能を果たす』,動く / (…の)役目をする,代用となる《+『as』+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Competitive adsorption between sugar beet pectin (SBP) and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) at the oil/water interface.
- Li X, Al-Assaf S, Fang Y, Phillips GO.SourceGlyn O Phillips Hydrocolloids Research Centre, Glyndwr University, Wrexham LL11 2AW, UK.
- Carbohydrate polymers.Carbohydr Polym.2013 Jan 16;91(2):573-80. doi: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2012.08.075. Epub 2012 Aug 30.
- The emulsification performance, stability and competitive adsorption of two natural food emulsifiers, sugar beet pectin (SBP) and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) have been investigated. Both can reduce the surface tension and emulsify oil in water. However, due to their different structure and
- PMID 23121947
- The label free picomolar detection of insulin in blood serum.
- Xu M, Luo X, Davis JJ.SourceDepartment of Chemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QZ, United Kingdom.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2013 Jan 15;39(1):21-5. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2012.06.014. Epub 2012 Jul 6.
- Insulin, a polypeptide hormone secreted by pancreatic cells, is a key regulator in glucose homeostasis. Its deficiency leads to insulin-dependent (type I) diabetes whereas resistance to insulin is common in type II diabetes, obesity and a range of endocrine disorders. Its determination is of conside
- PMID 22840329
- A reversible nanoswitch as an ON-OFF photocatalyst.
- Schmittel M, Pramanik S, De S.SourceCenter of Micro and Nanochemistry and Engineering, Organische Chemie I, Universität Siegen, Adolf-Reichwein-Str. 2, D-57068 Siegen, Germany. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chemical communications (Cambridge, England).Chem Commun (Camb).2012 Dec 14;48(96):11730-2. doi: 10.1039/c2cc36408e. Epub 2012 Oct 19.
- The two states of a new nanomechanical switch were quantitatively and reversibly populated in several subsequent switching cycles using either Cu(+) or cyclam as chemical inputs. State II was demonstrated to cis-trans isomerise diazastilbene upon irradiation selectively in the presence of stilbene,
- PMID 23079778
- <研究ノート>ハラール食品事業に対する日本の中小食品メーカーの認識 : 日本でハラール食品事業を始める際の留意点
- 麗澤学際ジャーナル = Reitaku Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies 24, 127-146, 2016-03-10
- NAID 120005704800
- 川と人の共生まちづくりに関する考察 : 広島コンパクトシティとその適正規模
- Improving the outcoupling efficiency of white organic light-emitting devices based on a gradient refractive index substrate
- High steam utilization operation with high current density in solid oxide electrolysis cells
- operateとは。意味や和訳。[動](自)1 〈機械・器官などが〉動く, 働く, 作動するThe tractor operates.
- operate a joint venture:合弁事業を進める...英語からも日本語からも検索できて、解説 、文例、コロケーションまで掲載した実用的な内容です。
- 民間事業者が自ら資金を調達し、施設を建設（Build）し、一定期間（数十年）管理・運営（ Operate）を行い資金回収後、公共に施設を移転（Transfer）する。 ・ＢＴＯ（Build Transfer Operate） 民間事業者が自ら資金を調達し、施設を建設（Build）し、その所有 権を ...
- survival as a function of HbA1c in people with type 2 diabetes HbA1cの機能を考慮（指標に）した2型糖尿病の患者の生存（予後）
- Figure 2A shows survival as a function of device removal during index hpspitalization, censored at 1 year or date of last contact. (Figure2Aはは最初の入院中における心臓デバイス除去に関する生存曲線で退院後1年もしくは最後の接触で打ち切っている)
- functional、functional group、functionalise、functionalize、operate