- cast a shadow upon; "The tall tree overshadowed the house"
- be greater in significance than; "the tragedy overshadowed the couples happiness" (同)dominate, eclipse
- to take an action to protect against future problems; "Count the cash in the drawer twice just to cover yourself"
- clothe, as if for protection from the elements; "cover your head!" (同)wrap up
- a recording of a song that was first recorded or made popular by somebody else; "they made a cover of a Beatles song" (同)cover version, cover song
- fire that makes it difficult for the enemy to fire on your own individuals or formations; "artillery provided covering fire for the withdrawal" (同)covering fire
- the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it; "the cover concealed their guns from enemy aircraft" (同)covering, screening, masking
- a false identity and background (especially one created for an undercover agent); "her new name and passport are cover for her next assignment"
- make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities; "he is compensating for being a bad father" (同)compensate, overcompensate
- span an interval of distance, space or time; "The war extended over five years"; "The period covered the turn of the century"; "My land extends over the hills on the horizon"; "This farm covers some 200 acres"; "The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles" (同)continue, extend
- hide from view or knowledge; "The President covered the fact that he bugged the offices in the White House" (同)cover up
- protect by insurance; "The insurance wont cover this" (同)insure, underwrite
- form a cover over; "The grass covered the grave" (同)spread over
- act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China" (同)treat, handle, plow, deal, address
- be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game
- be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of; "Is this enough to cover the check?"
- help out by taking someones place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities; "She is covering for our secretary who is ill this week"
- hold within range of an aimed firearm
- invest with a large or excessive amount of something; "She covered herself with glory"
- maintain a check on; especially by patrolling; "The second officer covered the top floor"
- play a higher card than the one previously played; "Smith covered again"
- protect or defend (a position in a game); "he covered left field"
- provide for; "The grant doesnt cover my salary"
- provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief"; "cover the child with a blanket"; "cover the grave with flowers"
- spread over a surface to conceal or protect; "This paint covers well"
- put something on top of something else; "cover the meat with a lot of gravy" (同)cover
- a layer of decorative material (such as gold leaf or wood veneer) applied over a surface
- lie upon; lie on top of; "the granite overlies the older rocks"
- kill by lying on; "The sow overlay her piglets" (同)overlay
- enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering; "Fog enveloped the house" (同)enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose
- ・・・‘に'影を投げかける,‘を'暗くする / ・・・‘を'見劣させる
- (…で)…‘の'『表面をおおう』,'を'包む,かぶせる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (範囲が)…‘に'『及ぶ』,わたる,'を'取り扱う範囲に入れる / 〈ある距離〉'を'行く,進む(受動態にできない) / …‘に'保険を掛ける / …'を'報道する,取材する / 〈要塞・砲などが〉'を'制圧する / (ピストルなどで)〈人〉'を'ねらう《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (球技などで)〈相手〉の動きなど〉'を'ふせぐ;〈地域など〉'を'守る / (…の)代役をする,身代りをする《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈C〉『おおい』,包むもの,カバー;ふた / 〈C〉『表紙』 / 〈U〉隠れ場所,潜伏所 / 〈U〉姿を隠してくれるもの(暗闇,煙など) / 〈C〉(秘密を隠すための)見せかけ / 〈U〉(…の)保険《+『against』+『名』》 / 〈C〉封筒;(郵便小包などの)包装紙 / 〈C〉毛布,ふとん
- (…の上に)…‘を'覆いかぶせる《+『名』+『on』+『名』》 / 《受動態で》(…で)…‘を'一面に覆う,‘の'上塗りする《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 〈C〉(装飾・保護のための)おおい;上塗り,上張り
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- No small matter: pediatric resuscitation.
- McCormick T1, McVaney K, Pepe PE.
- Current opinion in critical care.Curr Opin Crit Care.2017 Jun;23(3):193-198. doi: 10.1097/MCC.0000000000000410.
- PMID 28402986
- Artificial Intelligence in Precision Cardiovascular Medicine.
- Krittanawong C1, Zhang H2, Wang Z3, Aydar M4, Kitai T5.
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology.J Am Coll Cardiol.2017 May 30;69(21):2657-2664. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2017.03.571.
- PMID 28545640
- Performance of a Brazilian sample on the Portuguese translation of the BNI Screen for Higher Cerebral Functions.
- Prigatano GP1, Souza LMN2, Braga LW2.
- Journal of clinical and experimental neuropsychology.J Clin Exp Neuropsychol.2017 May 17:1-10. doi: 10.1080/13803395.2017.1325839. [Epub ahead of print]
- PMID 28511576
- Do Salient Features Overshadow Learning of Other Features in Category Learning?
- Murphy GL, Dunsmoor JE.
- Journal of experimental psychology. Animal learning and cognition.J Exp Psychol Anim Learn Cogn.2017 May 4. doi: 10.1037/xan0000139. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hundreds of associative learning experiments have examined how animals learn to predict an aversive outcome, such as a shock, loud sound, or puff of air in the eye. In this study, we reversed this pattern and examined the role of an aversive stimulus, shock, as a feature of a complex stimulus compos
- PMID 28471225
- 「老い」の可視化と「一人称の死」 : ボーヴォワール『老い』再読
- 福祉社会学部論集 = Quarterly journal of welfare society 34(2), 1-15, 2015-10
- NAID 120005695731
- Some Aspects on Material Culture in Roman Village Site at Theban Area
- o·ver·shad·ow (ō′vər-shăd′ō) tr.v. o·ver·shad·owed, o·ver·shad·ow·ing, o·ver·shad·ows 1. To cast a shadow over; darken or obscure. 2. To make insignificant by comparison; dominate. overshadow (ˌəʊvəˈʃædəʊ) vb (tr) 1. to render ...
- Overshadow definition, to be more important or significant by comparison: For years he overshadowed his brother. See more. Dictionary.com Word of the Day Translate Games Blog Thesaurus.com Apps Favorites Log Out Log In ...
- :to cause (something or someone) to seem less important or impressive when compared to something or someone else: to make (something) less enjoyable because of ... The pitcher's outstanding performance should not overshadow the achievements of the rest of the team.