- put something on top of something else; "cover the meat with a lot of gravy" (同)cover
- a layer of decorative material (such as gold leaf or wood veneer) applied over a surface
- to take an action to protect against future problems; "Count the cash in the drawer twice just to cover yourself"
- clothe, as if for protection from the elements; "cover your head!" (同)wrap up
- a recording of a song that was first recorded or made popular by somebody else; "they made a cover of a Beatles song" (同)cover version, cover song
- fire that makes it difficult for the enemy to fire on your own individuals or formations; "artillery provided covering fire for the withdrawal" (同)covering fire
- the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it; "the cover concealed their guns from enemy aircraft" (同)covering, screening, masking
- a false identity and background (especially one created for an undercover agent); "her new name and passport are cover for her next assignment"
- make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities; "he is compensating for being a bad father" (同)compensate, overcompensate
- span an interval of distance, space or time; "The war extended over five years"; "The period covered the turn of the century"; "My land extends over the hills on the horizon"; "This farm covers some 200 acres"; "The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles" (同)continue, extend
- hide from view or knowledge; "The President covered the fact that he bugged the offices in the White House" (同)cover up
- protect by insurance; "The insurance wont cover this" (同)insure, underwrite
- form a cover over; "The grass covered the grave" (同)spread over
- act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China" (同)treat, handle, plow, deal, address
- be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game
- be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of; "Is this enough to cover the check?"
- help out by taking someones place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities; "She is covering for our secretary who is ill this week"
- hold within range of an aimed firearm
- invest with a large or excessive amount of something; "She covered herself with glory"
- maintain a check on; especially by patrolling; "The second officer covered the top floor"
- play a higher card than the one previously played; "Smith covered again"
- protect or defend (a position in a game); "he covered left field"
- provide for; "The grant doesnt cover my salary"
- provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief"; "cover the child with a blanket"; "cover the grave with flowers"
- spread over a surface to conceal or protect; "This paint covers well"
- cast a shadow upon; "The tall tree overshadowed the house"
- be greater in significance than; "the tragedy overshadowed the couples happiness" (同)dominate, eclipse
- lie upon; lie on top of; "the granite overlies the older rocks"
- kill by lying on; "The sow overlay her piglets" (同)overlay
- enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering; "Fog enveloped the house" (同)enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose
- (…の上に)…‘を'覆いかぶせる《+『名』+『on』+『名』》 / 《受動態で》(…で)…‘を'一面に覆う,‘の'上塗りする《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 〈C〉(装飾・保護のための)おおい;上塗り,上張り
- (…で)…‘の'『表面をおおう』,'を'包む,かぶせる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (範囲が)…‘に'『及ぶ』,わたる,'を'取り扱う範囲に入れる / 〈ある距離〉'を'行く,進む(受動態にできない) / …‘に'保険を掛ける / …'を'報道する,取材する / 〈要塞・砲などが〉'を'制圧する / (ピストルなどで)〈人〉'を'ねらう《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / (球技などで)〈相手〉の動きなど〉'を'ふせぐ;〈地域など〉'を'守る / (…の)代役をする,身代りをする《+『for』+『名』》 / 〈C〉『おおい』,包むもの,カバー;ふた / 〈C〉『表紙』 / 〈U〉隠れ場所,潜伏所 / 〈U〉姿を隠してくれるもの(暗闇,煙など) / 〈C〉(秘密を隠すための)見せかけ / 〈U〉(…の)保険《+『against』+『名』》 / 〈C〉封筒;(郵便小包などの)包装紙 / 〈C〉毛布,ふとん
- ・・・‘に'影を投げかける,‘を'暗くする / ・・・‘を'見劣させる
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- 1. 褥瘡の予防 prevention of pressure ulcers
- 2. 小児における腎結石症の臨床的特徴および診断 clinical features and diagnosis of nephrolithiasis in children
- 3. 腹壁閉鎖の原則 principles of abdominal wall closure
- 4. 肝線維症の非侵襲的評価：超音波エラストグラフィ noninvasive assessment of hepatic fibrosis ultrasound based elastography
- 5. 視神経の先天性および後天性異常 congenital anomalies and acquired abnormalities of the optic nerve
- Genotoxicity of processed food items and ready-to-eat snacks in Finland.
- Omoruyi IM1, Pohjanvirta R2.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Nov 1;162:206-14. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.04.055. Epub 2014 Apr 24.
- Processed foods are an insufficiently characterized source of chemical mutagens for consumers. Here, we evaluated the genotoxicity of selected food products in Finland. Mutagenicity was determined by the standard plate incorporation assay followed by methylcellulose overlay and treat-and-wash assays
- PMID 24874377
- Engineering a morphogenetically active hydrogel for bioprinting of bioartificial tissue derived from human osteoblast-like SaOS-2 cells.
- Neufurth M1, Wang X2, Schröder HC1, Feng Q3, Diehl-Seifert B4, Ziebart T5, Steffen R1, Wang S1, Müller WE6.
- Biomaterials.Biomaterials.2014 Oct;35(31):8810-9. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2014.07.002. Epub 2014 Jul 19.
- Sodium alginate hydrogel, stabilized with gelatin, is a suitable, biologically inert matrix that can be used for encapsulating and 3D bioprinting of bone-related SaOS-2 cells. However, the cells, embedded in this matrix, remain in a non-proliferating state. Here we show that addition of an overlay o
- PMID 25047630
- Using fuzzy logic analysis for siting decisions of infiltration trenches for highway runoff control.
- Ki SJ1, Ray C2.
- The Science of the total environment.Sci Total Environ.2014 Sep 15;493:44-53. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.05.121. Epub 2014 Jun 14.
- Determining optimal locations for best management practices (BMPs), including their field considerations and limitations, plays an important role for effective stormwater management. However, these issues have been often overlooked in modeling studies that focused on downstream water quality benefit
- PMID 24937491
- A longitudinal comparison of spectral-domain optical coherence tomography and fundus autofluorescence in geographic atrophy.
- Simader C1, Sayegh RG2, Montuoro A3, Azhary M3, Koth AL3, Baratsits M4, Sacu S4, Prünte C4, Kreil DP5, Schmidt-Erfurth U1.
- American journal of ophthalmology.Am J Ophthalmol.2014 Sep;158(3):557-566.e1. doi: 10.1016/j.ajo.2014.05.026. Epub 2014 May 28.
- PURPOSE: To identify reliable criteria based on spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD OCT) to monitor disease progression in geographic atrophy attributable to age-related macular degeneration (AMD) compared with lesion size determination based on fundus autofluorescence (FAF).DESIGN: Pro
- PMID 24879944
- 平成29年度 論文賞 表彰論文 微粉炭焚きボイラ ウォールデスラガ廻り火炉壁管への耐摩耗肉盛溶接の適用
- 火力原子力発電 = The thermal and nuclear power 69(11), 655-662, 2018-11
- NAID 40021731317
- アーク溶接プロセス中の溶融金属流動の粒子法シミュレーション (特集 車両開発におけるデジタルエンジニアリング) -- (構造設計・解析技術)
- 自動車技術 = Journal of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan 72(10), 42-46, 2018-10
- NAID 40021697893
- 肝癌に対するPrecision RFAと超音波による早期治療効果判定 : US-US overlay fusionの有用性 (特集 ここまで"見える"最新超音波診断装置(Part 2)) -- (今"超音波"に求められるものとは)