- used of hair or haircuts; "a close military haircut"
- finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead; "The relief pitcher closed with two runs in the second inning"
- inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information; "although they knew her whereabouts her friends kept close about it" (同)closelipped, closemouthed, secretive, tightlipped
- in an attentive manner; "he remained close on his guard" (同)closely, tight
- come together, as if in an embrace; "Her arms closed around her long lost relative" (同)come_together
- crowded; "close quarters" (同)confining
- marked by fidelity to an original; "a close translation"; "a faithful copy of the portrait"; "a faithful rendering of the observed facts" (同)faithful
- fill or stop up; "Can you close the cracks with caulking?" (同)fill_up
- become closed; "The windows closed with a loud bang" (同)shut
- move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; "Close the door"; "shut the window" (同)shut
- fitting closely but comfortably; "a close fit" (同)snug, close-fitting
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched; "a close contest"; "a close election"; "a tight game" (同)tight
- of textiles; "a close weave"; "smooth percale with a very tight weave" (同)tight
- at or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other; "close to noon"; "how close are we to town?"; "a close formation of ships"
- bar access to; "Due to the accident, the road had to be closed for several hours"
- be priced or listed when trading stops; "The stock market closed high this Friday"; "My new stocks closed at $59 last night"
- bring together all the elements or parts of; "Management closed ranks"
- cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
- change ones body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact
- close in relevance or relationship; "a close family"; "we are all...in close sympathy with..."; "close kin"; "a close resemblance"
- complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement; "We closed on the house on Friday"; "They closed the deal on the building"
- confined to specific persons; "a close secret"
- draw near; "The probe closed with the space station"
- engage at close quarters; "close with the enemy"
- finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.); "The meeting was closed with a charge by the chairman of the board"
- rigorously attentive; strict and thorough; "close supervision"; "paid close attention"; "a close study"; "kept a close watch on expenditures"
- strictly confined or guarded; "kept under close custody"
- an abnormal condition in which a normal opening or tube in the body (as the urethra) is closed or absent
- closely resembling the genuine article; "near beer"; "a dress of near satin"
- not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances; "near neighbors"; "in the near future"; "they are near equals"; "his nearest approach to success"; "a very near thing"; "a near hit by the bomb"; "she was near tears"; "she was close to tears"; "had a close call" (同)close, nigh
- being on the left side; "the near or nigh horse is the one on the left"; "the animals left side is its near or nigh side" (同)nigh
- near in time or place or relationship; "as the wedding day drew near"; "stood near the door"; "dont shoot until they come near"; "getting near to the true explanation"; "her mother is always near"; "The end draws nigh"; "the bullet didnt come close"; "dont get too close to the fire" (同)nigh, close
- marked by close acquaintance, association, or familiarity; "intimate friend"; "intimate relations between economics, politics, and legal principles" - V.L. Parrington
- give to understand; "I insinuated that I did not like his wife" (同)adumbrate, insinuate
- thoroughly acquainted through study or experience; "this girl, so intimate with nature"-W.H.Hudson; "knowledgeable about the technique of painting"- Herbert Read (同)knowledgeable, versed
- involved in a sexual relationship; "the intimate (or sexual) relations between husband and wife"; "she had been intimate with many men"; "he touched her intimate parts" (同)sexual
- set so close together as to be invulnerable to penetration; "in tight formation"; "a tight blockade"
- affected by scarcity and expensive to borrow; "tight money"; "a tight market"
- closely constrained or constricted or constricting; "tight skirts"; "he hated tight starched collars"; "fingers closed in a tight fist"; "a tight feeling in his chest"
- of such close construction as to be impermeable; "a tight roof"; "warm in our tight little house"
- packed closely together; "they stood in a tight little group"; "hair in tight curls"; "the pub was packed tight"
- securely or solidly fixed in place; rigid; "the bolts are tight"
- near or close to but not necessarily touching; "lands adjacent to the mountains"; "New York and adjacent cities"
- having a common boundary or edge; abutting; touching; "Rhode Island has two bordering states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; "the side of Germany conterminous with France"; "Utah and the contiguous state of Idaho"; "neighboring cities" (同)conterminous, contiguous, neighboring
- nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space; "had adjacent rooms"; "in the next room"; "the person sitting next to me"; "our rooms were side by side" (同)next, side_by_side
- very close in resemblance; "sketched in an approximate likeness"; "a near likeness" (同)near
- not quite exact or correct; "the approximate time was 10 oclock"; "a rough guess"; "a ballpark estimate" (同)approximative, rough
- located close together; "with heads close together"; "approximate leaves grow together but are not united" (同)close together
- be close or similar; "Her results approximate my own" (同)come_close
- characterized by a lack of openness (especially about ones actions or purposes) (同)secretiveness
- a feeling of being intimate and belonging together; "their closeness grew as the night wore on" (同)intimacy
- advance or converge on; "The police were closing in on him" (同)draw_in
- pull towards oneself; "He drew the crying child close"
- with shutters closed
- blocked against entry; "a closed porch" (同)closed in
- used especially of mouth or eyes; "he sat quietly with closed eyes"; "his eyes were shut against the sunlight" (同)shut
- not having an open mind; "a closed mind unreceptive to new ideas" (同)unsympathetic
- (set theory) of an interval that contains both its endpoints
- not open or affording passage or access; "the many closed streets made travel difficult"; "our neighbors peeped from behind closed curtains"
- not open to the general public; "a closed meeting"
- requiring union membership; "a closed shop"
- final or ending; "the closing stages of the election"; "the closing weeks of the year"; "the closing scene of the film"; "closing remarks"
- approaching a particular destination; a coming closer; a narrowing of a gap; "the ships rapid rate of closing gave them little time to avoid a collision" (同)closure
- …'を'『閉じる』,閉める(shut) / …'を'ふさぐ(fill) / 〈事務・仕事・話など〉'を'『終える』,済ませる / 〈通路・施設など〉'を'一時的に閉じる,‘の'使用を一時中止する / (一つにまとまるように)…'を'つめる / 〈ドア・目・花などが〉『閉じる』,閉まる;ふさがる / 〈話・相談・契約などが〉『終る』,終了する,〈店などが〉終業(休業)する / くっつく,接近する(come together) / 終結,結末,終り(end) / 締め切り / (音楽の)終止
- (距離・時間・関係が)『近い』,接近している・《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『親密な』,親しい・ぎっしり詰まった,密集した;目のつんだ,きめの細かい・綿密な,厳重な(strict) ・息がつまる,重苦しい(stuffy) / 厳重に隠された,秘密の / ほとんど同等の,匹敵する・《補語にのみ用いて》(金銭が)乏しい;(…に)けちな(stingy)《+『with』+『名』》・(音声が)閉鎖音の(舌を口蓋(こうがい)に近づけて発音する) / (…に)『近接して』,(…の)すぐそば(近く)に;(…に)ぴったりくっついて《+『to(behind, by)』+『名』》 / きっちりと;ぎっしりと・(大寺院の)囲い地;(学校の)構内,校庭・《英》袋小路
- (空間的・時間的に)(…の)『近くに』,(…に)接近して《+『to』+『名』》 / 《しばしば複合語を作って》『ほとんど』(almost, nearly) / (空間的・時間的に)『近い』,接近した / (関係などが)『身近な』 / 『きわどい』,やっとの / (空間的・時間的に)…『に近く』,『の近くに』 / (状態などが)…に近く,…しそうで / (時間・空間上)…‘に'近づく / 近づく,接近する
- 『たいへん親しい』,親密な / 個人的な(private) / (理解・知識などについて)身近によく知っている,くわしい / 親友,心の許せる友
- 『きっちり締まった(結ばれた)』 / 『すきまのない』,(水・空気などの)漏らない / 『ぴんと張った』 / (衣服などが)『きつい』 / (時間的・空間的に)余裕のない,ぎっしり詰まった / (立場などが)困難な,扱いにくい / 厳しい / 《話》けちな(stingy) / 《話》(試合などが)互角の / 《俗》酔った / (品物・仕事・取り引きなどが)試底した,詰まった,(金融が)ひっ迫した
- (数量の点で)『近似の』・おおよその / 《『approximate to』+『名』》(…に)『近い』,ほぼ等しい / (ある状態・量・額などの点で)…‘に'『近づく』,接近する / (…の額に)…'を'概算する,見積もる《+『名』+『at』+『名』》
- 接近,近似 / 親密さ / 厳密,精密
- 閉じる,終りの / 〈U〉閉じること,閉鎖 / 〈C〉〈U〉終了,締め切り;決算
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Putting Indigenous cultural training into nursing practice.
- Downing R, Kowal E.SourceCentre for Health and Society, University of Melbourne, Carlton, VIC, Australia.
- Contemporary nurse : a journal for the Australian nursing profession.Contemp Nurse.2011 Dec;37(1):10-20.
- Abstract The provision of Indigenous cultural training for non-Indigenous health workers has been widely promoted as a method of improving health service provision to 'close the gap' in Indigenous health. However, in the absence of strong evidence, the power of Indigenous cultural training to meanin
- PMID 21591822
- Cold Pad-Batch dyeing method for cotton fabric dyeing with reactive dyes using ultrasonic energy.
- Khatri Z, Memon MH, Khatri A, Tanwari A.SourceDepartment of Textile Engineering, Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro, Pakistan.
- Ultrasonics sonochemistry.Ultrason Sonochem.2011 Nov;18(6):1301-7. Epub 2011 Apr 12.
- Reactive dyes are vastly used in dyeing and printing of cotton fibre. These dyes have a distinctive reactive nature due to active groups which form covalent bonds with -OH groups of cotton through substitution and/or addition mechanism. Among many methods used for dyeing cotton with reactive dyes, t
- PMID 21550289
- Role of macrophage migration inhibitory factor in glucocorticoid release and glucocorticoid receptor function in rats.
- Jing L, Bu M.SourceDepartment of Anesthesiology, Zhongda Hospital and School of Medicine, Southeast University, Nanjing, China. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annals of clinical and laboratory science.Ann Clin Lab Sci.2011 Fall;41(1):14-9.
- Experimental evidence indicates that macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) plays a pathological role in the development of glucocorticoid resistance in sepsis patients. However, the impact of MIF on glucocorticoid release and the functions of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) have not been stu
- PMID 21325249
- GABARAPL1 (GEC1): Original or copycat?
- Le Grand JN, Chakrama FZ, Seguin-Py S, Fraichard A, Delage-Mourroux R, Jouvenot M, Boyer-Guittaut M.SourceUniversite de Franche-Comte; Laboratoire de Biochimie; EA3922; Estrogenes, Expression Genique et Pathologies du Systeme Nerveux Central; IFR133, U.F.R. Sciences et Techniques; Besancon, France.
- Autophagy.Autophagy.2011 Oct 1;7(10). [Epub ahead of print]
- The GABARAPL1 (GABARAP-LIKE 1) gene was first described as an early estrogen-regulated gene that shares a high sequence homology with GABARAP and is thus a part of the GABARAP family. GABARAPL1, like GABARAP, interacts with the GABAA receptor and tubulin and promotes tubulin polymerization. The GABA
- PMID 21597319
- 上地 由朗,桜谷 哲夫
- 東京農業大学農学集報 56(1), 93-102, 2011-06-15
- 本研究は都市型農業がおこなわれている神奈川県厚木市の棚沢地区において,高度効率化を目指した窒素施肥管理の確立のために行ったもので,ここでは水稲の収量を最大にする最適穎花数とそのために必要な体内窒素量を検討した。栽培試験は東京農業大学棚沢水田において1998年から2008年にかけて行った。供試品種は水稲日本晴,コシヒカリおよびタカナリとし,試験区は典型的に施肥法が異なるもの,および基肥施用の有無と異 …
- NAID 110008457888
- Numerical analysis of active magnetic regenerators for hydrogen magnetic refrigeration between 20 and 77 K
- Matsumoto Koichi,Kondo Takuya,Ikeda Masakazu,Numazawa Takenori
- Cryogenics 51(6), 353-357, 2011-06
- … The cooling performance is shown to be high when the heat exhaust temperature is close to the transition temperature. …
- NAID 120002754119
- Size distribution and shape properties of relatively small sea-ice floes in the Antarctic marginal ice zone in late winter
- Toyota Takenobu,Haas Christian,Tamura Takeshi
- Deep Sea Research Part II : Topical Studies in Oceanography 58(9-10), 1182-1193, 2011-05
- … and 3) the aspect ratio is 1.6-1.9 on average, close to the previous results. …
- NAID 120003089259
- Monoenyl hydrocarbons in female body wax of the yellow peach moth as synergists of aldehyde pheromone components
- Xiao Wei,Honda Hiroshi,Matsuyama Shigeru,本田 洋,松山 茂
- Applied entomology and zoology 46(2), 239-246, 2011-05
- … The non-polar components of female body wax and pheromone gland extracts of the yellow peach moth synergistically enhanced male behavioral responses from close to pheromone sources in wind tunnel tests when mixed with an aldehyde pheromone blend. …
- NAID 120003088039
- JAPAN CLOSE-UP. これ一冊に現代日本のすべてが凝縮。 日本唯一の英文総合月刊誌。 Everything happening in Japan today is ... JAPAN CLOSE-UP is recommended reading for business-people, Japanese with foreign friends, those seeking to improve ...
- a : to move so as to bar passage through something <close the gate> b : to block against entry or passage <close a street> c : to deny access to <the city closed the beach> d : screen, exclude <close a view> e : to suspend or stop the ...
- 高木美保 close to you · 文化放送 AM 1134. ミミズの手・・・. 2011.7.23. 0723 楽しく.JPG. 今朝は、涼しいというより、寒い朝のベランダトークでした。 高木さんの 那須で過ごしたお話をしていただきましたが、 なかでも、道端で見つけた巨大ミミズの ...
- intimate contact
- atresia、close、closure、dental articulation、disturb、disturbance、hamper、hindrance、impede、impediment、intercept、interception、interfere、interrupt、interruption、obliteration、obstruct、obstruction、occlude、preclusion
- atresia、close、closure、dental articulation、disturb、interfere、interrupt、obliteration、obstruct、obstruction、occlusion、preclude、prevent