- near or close to but not necessarily touching; "lands adjacent to the mountains"; "New York and adjacent cities"
- having a common boundary or edge; abutting; touching; "Rhode Island has two bordering states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; "the side of Germany conterminous with France"; "Utah and the contiguous state of Idaho"; "neighboring cities" (同)conterminous, contiguous, neighboring
- nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space; "had adjacent rooms"; "in the next room"; "the person sitting next to me"; "our rooms were side by side" (同)next, side_by_side
- used of hair or haircuts; "a close military haircut"
- finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead; "The relief pitcher closed with two runs in the second inning"
- inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information; "although they knew her whereabouts her friends kept close about it" (同)closelipped, closemouthed, secretive, tightlipped
- in an attentive manner; "he remained close on his guard" (同)closely, tight
- come together, as if in an embrace; "Her arms closed around her long lost relative" (同)come_together
- crowded; "close quarters" (同)confining
- marked by fidelity to an original; "a close translation"; "a faithful copy of the portrait"; "a faithful rendering of the observed facts" (同)faithful
- fill or stop up; "Can you close the cracks with caulking?" (同)fill_up
- become closed; "The windows closed with a loud bang" (同)shut
- move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; "Close the door"; "shut the window" (同)shut
- fitting closely but comfortably; "a close fit" (同)snug, close-fitting
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched; "a close contest"; "a close election"; "a tight game" (同)tight
- of textiles; "a close weave"; "smooth percale with a very tight weave" (同)tight
- at or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other; "close to noon"; "how close are we to town?"; "a close formation of ships"
- bar access to; "Due to the accident, the road had to be closed for several hours"
- be priced or listed when trading stops; "The stock market closed high this Friday"; "My new stocks closed at $59 last night"
- bring together all the elements or parts of; "Management closed ranks"
- cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
- change ones body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact
- close in relevance or relationship; "a close family"; "we are all...in close sympathy with..."; "close kin"; "a close resemblance"
- complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement; "We closed on the house on Friday"; "They closed the deal on the building"
- confined to specific persons; "a close secret"
- draw near; "The probe closed with the space station"
- engage at close quarters; "close with the enemy"
- finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.); "The meeting was closed with a charge by the chairman of the board"
- rigorously attentive; strict and thorough; "close supervision"; "paid close attention"; "a close study"; "kept a close watch on expenditures"
- strictly confined or guarded; "kept under close custody"
- closely resembling the genuine article; "near beer"; "a dress of near satin"
- not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances; "near neighbors"; "in the near future"; "they are near equals"; "his nearest approach to success"; "a very near thing"; "a near hit by the bomb"; "she was near tears"; "she was close to tears"; "had a close call" (同)close, nigh
- being on the left side; "the near or nigh horse is the one on the left"; "the animals left side is its near or nigh side" (同)nigh
- near in time or place or relationship; "as the wedding day drew near"; "stood near the door"; "dont shoot until they come near"; "getting near to the true explanation"; "her mother is always near"; "The end draws nigh"; "the bullet didnt come close"; "dont get too close to the fire" (同)nigh, close
- very close in resemblance; "sketched in an approximate likeness"; "a near likeness" (同)near
- not quite exact or correct; "the approximate time was 10 oclock"; "a rough guess"; "a ballpark estimate" (同)approximative, rough
- located close together; "with heads close together"; "approximate leaves grow together but are not united" (同)close together
- be close or similar; "Her results approximate my own" (同)come_close
- be located at the sides of something or somebody
- a subfigure consisting of a side of something
- the side between ribs and hipbone
- the side of military or naval formation; "they attacked the enemys right flank" (同)wing
- a cut from the fleshy part of an animals side between the ribs and the leg
- in a close relation or position in time or space; "the onsets were closely timed"; "houses set closely together"; "was closely involved in monitoring daily progress"
- in a close manner; "the two phenomena are intimately connected"; "the person most nearly concerned" (同)intimately, nearly
- not adjacent; not next
- …'を'『閉じる』,閉める(shut) / …'を'ふさぐ(fill) / 〈事務・仕事・話など〉'を'『終える』,済ませる / 〈通路・施設など〉'を'一時的に閉じる,‘の'使用を一時中止する / (一つにまとまるように)…'を'つめる / 〈ドア・目・花などが〉『閉じる』,閉まる;ふさがる / 〈話・相談・契約などが〉『終る』,終了する,〈店などが〉終業(休業)する / くっつく,接近する(come together) / 終結,結末,終り(end) / 締め切り / (音楽の)終止
- (距離・時間・関係が)『近い』,接近している・《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『親密な』,親しい・ぎっしり詰まった,密集した;目のつんだ,きめの細かい・綿密な,厳重な(strict) ・息がつまる,重苦しい(stuffy) / 厳重に隠された,秘密の / ほとんど同等の,匹敵する・《補語にのみ用いて》(金銭が)乏しい;(…に)けちな(stingy)《+『with』+『名』》・(音声が)閉鎖音の(舌を口蓋(こうがい)に近づけて発音する) / (…に)『近接して』,(…の)すぐそば(近く)に;(…に)ぴったりくっついて《+『to(behind, by)』+『名』》 / きっちりと;ぎっしりと・(大寺院の)囲い地;(学校の)構内,校庭・《英》袋小路
- (空間的・時間的に)(…の)『近くに』,(…に)接近して《+『to』+『名』》 / 《しばしば複合語を作って》『ほとんど』(almost, nearly) / (空間的・時間的に)『近い』,接近した / (関係などが)『身近な』 / 『きわどい』,やっとの / (空間的・時間的に)…『に近く』,『の近くに』 / (状態などが)…に近く,…しそうで / (時間・空間上)…‘に'近づく / 近づく,接近する
- (数量の点で)『近似の』・おおよその / 《『approximate to』+『名』》(…に)『近い』,ほぼ等しい / (ある状態・量・額などの点で)…‘に'『近づく』,接近する / (…の額に)…'を'概算する,見積もる《+『名』+『at』+『名』》
- (人・動物の)横腹;わき腹の[筋]肉 / (建物・山・道路などの)わき,横側,側面 / (軍隊の編隊・配置,要塞の)右翼(または左翼) / …‘の'側面に置く(並べる)
- 『ぴったりと』,きっちりと / 『詳しく』,精密に / 近く,接近して / 密接に,仲よく / ひそかに,内密に
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Inulin crystal initiation via a glucose-fructose cross-link of adjacent polymer chains: Atomic force microscopy and static molecular modelling.
- Cooper PD1, Rajapaksha KH2, Barclay TG3, Ginic-Markovic M3, Gerson AR3, Petrovsky N4.
- Carbohydrate polymers.Carbohydr Polym.2015 Mar 6;117:964-72. doi: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2014.10.022. Epub 2014 Oct 23.
- Semi-crystalline microparticles of inulin (MPI) have clinical utility as potent human vaccine adjuvants but their relevant surface structure and crystal assembly remain undefined. We show inulin crystal surfaces to resemble multi-layered, discoid radial spherulites resulting from very rapid formatio
- PMID 25498723
- Overexpression of activated leukocute cell adhesion molecule in gastric cancer is associated with advanced stages and poor prognosis and miR-9 deregulation.
- Ye M1, Du YL1, Nie YQ1, Zhou ZW2, Cao J3, Li YF1.
- Molecular medicine reports.Mol Med Rep.2015 Mar;11(3):2004-12. doi: 10.3892/mmr.2014.2933. Epub 2014 Nov 12.
- Activated leukocyte cell adhesion molecule (ALCAM) has been identified as a novel potential molecular marker of human tumors. The present study aimed to assess ALCAM as a prognostic marker for gastric cancer (GC), and to explore the mRNA deregulation underlying the abnormal expression of ALCAM. The
- PMID 25395097
- One-step, room temperature, colorimetric melamine sensing using an in-situ formation of silver nanoparticles through modified Tollens process.
- Wang H1, Chen D2, Yu L3, Chang M3, Ci L3.
- Spectrochimica acta. Part A, Molecular and biomolecular spectroscopy.Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc.2015 Feb 25;137:281-5. doi: 10.1016/j.saa.2014.08.041. Epub 2014 Sep 1.
- We have developed a rapid, sensitive, one-step, and selective colorimetric detection method for melamine (MEL) in milk powder based upon an in-situ formation of silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) through modified Tollens process at room temperature. The triazine ring N atoms of MEL molecule were strategic
- PMID 25222324
- Selected emerging organic contaminants in the Yangtze Estuary, China: A comprehensive treatment of their association with aquatic colloids.
- Yan C1, Yang Y2, Zhou J1, Nie M3, Liu M4, Hochella MF Jr5.
- Journal of hazardous materials.J Hazard Mater.2015 Feb 11;283C:14-23. doi: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2014.09.011. Epub 2014 Sep 16.
- Contaminants that are becoming detected in the environment but are not yet generally regulated or monitored are known collectively as emerging contaminants. In the present study, the occurrence and distribution of 42 emerging organic compounds (EOCs) were investigated in the Yangtze River Estuary an
- PMID 25262479
- 同志社大学ハリス理化学研究報告 = The Harris science review of Doshisha University 57(1), 18-25, 2016-04-30
- NAID 120005758762
- サハリン北東沖の海底表層型メタンハイドレート : 間隙水中の溶存イオンによるメタンフラックス評価
- adjacentとは。意味や和訳。[形]((形式))1 近くの, 近傍の, 隣り合った, 近隣の；（…に）地続きの((to ...))（ 隣接を示すことが多い）. ⇒ADJOINING, NEIGHBORINGadjacent houses隣り合わせの家a park adjacent to a school学校に隣接 ...
- Full Definition of ADJACENT 1 a: not distant : nearby <the city and adjacent suburbs> b: having a common endpoint or border <adjacent lots> <adjacent sides of a triangle> c: immediately preceding or following 2 of two angles: having the ...
- Remember that the pulmonary vascular tree abuts the left atrium anatomically.
- adjacent, anchimeric, flank, flanking, neighboring, neighbouring, vicinal