- the property of being close together (同)propinquity
- a Gestalt principle of organization holding that (other things being equal) objects or events that are near to one another (in space or time) are perceived as belonging together as a unit (同)law of proximity
- the region close around a person or thing
- used of hair or haircuts; "a close military haircut"
- finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead; "The relief pitcher closed with two runs in the second inning"
- inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information; "although they knew her whereabouts her friends kept close about it" (同)closelipped, closemouthed, secretive, tightlipped
- in an attentive manner; "he remained close on his guard" (同)closely, tight
- come together, as if in an embrace; "Her arms closed around her long lost relative" (同)come_together
- crowded; "close quarters" (同)confining
- marked by fidelity to an original; "a close translation"; "a faithful copy of the portrait"; "a faithful rendering of the observed facts" (同)faithful
- fill or stop up; "Can you close the cracks with caulking?" (同)fill_up
- become closed; "The windows closed with a loud bang" (同)shut
- move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; "Close the door"; "shut the window" (同)shut
- fitting closely but comfortably; "a close fit" (同)snug, close-fitting
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched; "a close contest"; "a close election"; "a tight game" (同)tight
- of textiles; "a close weave"; "smooth percale with a very tight weave" (同)tight
- at or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other; "close to noon"; "how close are we to town?"; "a close formation of ships"
- bar access to; "Due to the accident, the road had to be closed for several hours"
- be priced or listed when trading stops; "The stock market closed high this Friday"; "My new stocks closed at $59 last night"
- bring together all the elements or parts of; "Management closed ranks"
- cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
- change ones body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact
- close in relevance or relationship; "a close family"; "we are all...in close sympathy with..."; "close kin"; "a close resemblance"
- complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement; "We closed on the house on Friday"; "They closed the deal on the building"
- confined to specific persons; "a close secret"
- draw near; "The probe closed with the space station"
- engage at close quarters; "close with the enemy"
- finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.); "The meeting was closed with a charge by the chairman of the board"
- rigorously attentive; strict and thorough; "close supervision"; "paid close attention"; "a close study"; "kept a close watch on expenditures"
- strictly confined or guarded; "kept under close custody"
- closely resembling the genuine article; "near beer"; "a dress of near satin"
- not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances; "near neighbors"; "in the near future"; "they are near equals"; "his nearest approach to success"; "a very near thing"; "a near hit by the bomb"; "she was near tears"; "she was close to tears"; "had a close call" (同)close, nigh
- being on the left side; "the near or nigh horse is the one on the left"; "the animals left side is its near or nigh side" (同)nigh
- near in time or place or relationship; "as the wedding day drew near"; "stood near the door"; "dont shoot until they come near"; "getting near to the true explanation"; "her mother is always near"; "The end draws nigh"; "the bullet didnt come close"; "dont get too close to the fire" (同)nigh, close
- near or close to but not necessarily touching; "lands adjacent to the mountains"; "New York and adjacent cities"
- having a common boundary or edge; abutting; touching; "Rhode Island has two bordering states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; "the side of Germany conterminous with France"; "Utah and the contiguous state of Idaho"; "neighboring cities" (同)conterminous, contiguous, neighboring
- nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space; "had adjacent rooms"; "in the next room"; "the person sitting next to me"; "our rooms were side by side" (同)next, side_by_side
- very close in resemblance; "sketched in an approximate likeness"; "a near likeness" (同)near
- not quite exact or correct; "the approximate time was 10 oclock"; "a rough guess"; "a ballpark estimate" (同)approximative, rough
- located close together; "with heads close together"; "approximate leaves grow together but are not united" (同)close together
- be close or similar; "Her results approximate my own" (同)come_close
- in a close relation or position in time or space; "the onsets were closely timed"; "houses set closely together"; "was closely involved in monitoring daily progress"
- in a close manner; "the two phenomena are intimately connected"; "the person most nearly concerned" (同)intimately, nearly
- …'を'『閉じる』,閉める(shut) / …'を'ふさぐ(fill) / 〈事務・仕事・話など〉'を'『終える』,済ませる / 〈通路・施設など〉'を'一時的に閉じる,‘の'使用を一時中止する / (一つにまとまるように)…'を'つめる / 〈ドア・目・花などが〉『閉じる』,閉まる;ふさがる / 〈話・相談・契約などが〉『終る』,終了する,〈店などが〉終業(休業)する / くっつく,接近する(come together) / 終結,結末,終り(end) / 締め切り / (音楽の)終止
- (距離・時間・関係が)『近い』,接近している・《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『親密な』,親しい・ぎっしり詰まった,密集した;目のつんだ,きめの細かい・綿密な,厳重な(strict) ・息がつまる,重苦しい(stuffy) / 厳重に隠された,秘密の / ほとんど同等の,匹敵する・《補語にのみ用いて》(金銭が)乏しい;(…に)けちな(stingy)《+『with』+『名』》・(音声が)閉鎖音の(舌を口蓋(こうがい)に近づけて発音する) / (…に)『近接して』,(…の)すぐそば(近く)に;(…に)ぴったりくっついて《+『to(behind, by)』+『名』》 / きっちりと;ぎっしりと・(大寺院の)囲い地;(学校の)構内,校庭・《英》袋小路
- (空間的・時間的に)(…の)『近くに』,(…に)接近して《+『to』+『名』》 / 《しばしば複合語を作って》『ほとんど』(almost, nearly) / (空間的・時間的に)『近い』,接近した / (関係などが)『身近な』 / 『きわどい』,やっとの / (空間的・時間的に)…『に近く』,『の近くに』 / (状態などが)…に近く,…しそうで / (時間・空間上)…‘に'近づく / 近づく,接近する
- (数量の点で)『近似の』・おおよその / 《『approximate to』+『名』》(…に)『近い』,ほぼ等しい / (ある状態・量・額などの点で)…‘に'『近づく』,接近する / (…の額に)…'を'概算する,見積もる《+『名』+『at』+『名』》
- 『ぴったりと』,きっちりと / 『詳しく』,精密に / 近く,接近して / 密接に,仲よく / ひそかに,内密に
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Water-solid interactions between amorphous maltodextrins and crystalline sodium chloride.
- Ghorab MK, Marrs K, Taylor LS, Mauer LJ.SourceDepartment of Food Science, Purdue University, 745 Agriculture Mall Drive, W. Lafayette, IN 47907, USA; Department of Industrial and Physical Pharmacy, Purdue University, 575 Stadium Mall Drive, W. Lafayette, IN 47907, USA.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Feb 1;144:26-35. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.02.123. Epub 2013 Mar 14.
- The effects of co-formulating amorphous maltodextrins (MDs) and sodium chloride (NaCl), a deliquescent crystalline solid, on moisture sorption, deliquescence point (RH0), and glass transition temperature (Tg) behaviours were investigated. Moisture sorption profiles of binary NaCl:MD mixtures and ind
- PMID 24099538
- A label-free DNA-templated silver nanocluster probe for fluorescence on-off detection of endonuclease activity and inhibition.
- Qian Y, Zhang Y, Lu L, Cai Y.SourceKey Laboratory of Applied Surface and Colloid Chemistry of Ministry of Education, Shaanxi Normal University, PR China; Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science of Shaanxi Province, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi'an 710062, PR China.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2014 Jan 15;51:408-12. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2013.07.060. Epub 2013 Aug 6.
- Endonuclease cleavage of DNA plays an important role in biological and medicinal chemistry. This study aimed to develop a reliable and sensitive method for nuclease activity assay by combining the high specificity of DNA cleavage reactions with ultrahigh fluorescence turn-on abilities of guanine-ric
- PMID 24001584
- Proximity-dependent isothermal cycle amplification for small-molecule detection based on surface enhanced Raman scattering.
- Li Y, Zeng Y, Mao Y, Lei C, Zhang S.SourceKey Laboratory of Biochemical Analysis, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, Qingdao 266042, PR China.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2014 Jan 15;51:304-9. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2013.07.055. Epub 2013 Aug 6.
- A novel proximity-dependent isothermal cycle amplification (PDICA) strategy has been proposed and successfully used for the determination of cocaine coupled with surface enhanced Raman scattering (SERS). For enhancing the SERS signal, Raman dye molecules modified bio-barcode DNA and gold nanoparticl
- PMID 23994277
- Proximity-dependent protein detection based on enzyme-assisted fluorescence signal amplification.
- Tan Y, Guo Q, Zhao X, Yang X, Wang K, Huang J, Zhou Y.SourceState Key Laboratory of Chemo/Biosensing and Chemometrics, College of Biology, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan University, Key Laboratory for Bio-Nanotechnology and Molecule Engineering of Hunan Province, Changsha 410082, PR China.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2014 Jan 15;51:255-60. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2013.08.001. Epub 2013 Aug 9.
- In this paper, we develop a sensitive fluorescence method for protein detection based on proximity extension and enzyme-assisted signal amplification. In this novel method, pairs of proximity probes are designed, and the recognition elements are integrated into the proximity probes. Then proteins ar
- PMID 23973935
- Ferromagnetic Transition at 2.5 K in the Hexagonal Kondo-Lattice Compound CeRh<sub>6</sub>Ge<sub>4</sub>
- Matsuoka Eiichi,Hondo Chisato,Fujii Tatsuya,Oshima Akihiro,Sugawara Hitoshi,Sakurai Takahiro,Ohta Hitoshi,Kneidinger Friedrich,Salamakha Leonid,Michor Herwig,Bauer Ernst
- Journal of the Physical Society of Japan 84(7), 2015-06-10
- NAID 160000000770
- Addressing urban expansion using feature-oriented spatial data in a peripheral area of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Tsutsumida Narumasa,Saizen Izuru,Matsuoka Masayuki,Ishii Reiichiro
- Habitat International 47, 196-204, 2015-06
- … In particular, new plots of private land tended to be built near pre-existing plots and in proximity to roads and water kiosks (which provide essential drinking water for residents). …
- NAID 120005567897
- 近接パラメータによる航空交通管制の難度指標 : 空域指標への統合方法 (安全性)
- 長岡 栄,ブラウン マーク
- 電子情報通信学会技術研究報告 = IEICE technical report : 信学技報 115(39), 9-12, 2015-05-21
- NAID 40020492490
- Anomalous proximity effect and theoretical design for its realization
- Ikegaya Satoshi,Asano Yasuhiro,Tanaka Yukio
- Physical review B 91(17), 174511, 2015-05-16
- We discuss the stability of zero-energy states appearing in a dirty normal metal attached to a superconducting thin film with Dresselhaus  spin-orbit coupling under an in-plane Zeeman field. The …
- NAID 120005619613
- intrinsic deflection