- belonging to or limited to a vicinity
- used of hair or haircuts; "a close military haircut"
- finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead; "The relief pitcher closed with two runs in the second inning"
- inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information; "although they knew her whereabouts her friends kept close about it" (同)closelipped, closemouthed, secretive, tightlipped
- in an attentive manner; "he remained close on his guard" (同)closely, tight
- come together, as if in an embrace; "Her arms closed around her long lost relative" (同)come_together
- crowded; "close quarters" (同)confining
- marked by fidelity to an original; "a close translation"; "a faithful copy of the portrait"; "a faithful rendering of the observed facts" (同)faithful
- fill or stop up; "Can you close the cracks with caulking?" (同)fill_up
- become closed; "The windows closed with a loud bang" (同)shut
- move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; "Close the door"; "shut the window" (同)shut
- fitting closely but comfortably; "a close fit" (同)snug, close-fitting
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched; "a close contest"; "a close election"; "a tight game" (同)tight
- of textiles; "a close weave"; "smooth percale with a very tight weave" (同)tight
- at or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other; "close to noon"; "how close are we to town?"; "a close formation of ships"
- bar access to; "Due to the accident, the road had to be closed for several hours"
- be priced or listed when trading stops; "The stock market closed high this Friday"; "My new stocks closed at $59 last night"
- bring together all the elements or parts of; "Management closed ranks"
- cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
- change ones body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact
- close in relevance or relationship; "a close family"; "we are all...in close sympathy with..."; "close kin"; "a close resemblance"
- complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement; "We closed on the house on Friday"; "They closed the deal on the building"
- confined to specific persons; "a close secret"
- draw near; "The probe closed with the space station"
- engage at close quarters; "close with the enemy"
- finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.); "The meeting was closed with a charge by the chairman of the board"
- rigorously attentive; strict and thorough; "close supervision"; "paid close attention"; "a close study"; "kept a close watch on expenditures"
- strictly confined or guarded; "kept under close custody"
- near or close to but not necessarily touching; "lands adjacent to the mountains"; "New York and adjacent cities"
- having a common boundary or edge; abutting; touching; "Rhode Island has two bordering states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; "the side of Germany conterminous with France"; "Utah and the contiguous state of Idaho"; "neighboring cities" (同)conterminous, contiguous, neighboring
- nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space; "had adjacent rooms"; "in the next room"; "the person sitting next to me"; "our rooms were side by side" (同)next, side_by_side
- be located at the sides of something or somebody
- a subfigure consisting of a side of something
- the side between ribs and hipbone
- the side of military or naval formation; "they attacked the enemys right flank" (同)wing
- a cut from the fleshy part of an animals side between the ribs and the leg
- the property of being close together (同)propinquity
- a Gestalt principle of organization holding that (other things being equal) objects or events that are near to one another (in space or time) are perceived as belonging together as a unit (同)law of proximity
- the region close around a person or thing
- very close in space or time; "proximate words"; "proximate houses"
- closest in degree or order (space or time) especially in a chain of causes and effects; "news of his proximate arrival"; "interest in proximate rather than ultimate goals"
- …'を'『閉じる』,閉める(shut) / …'を'ふさぐ(fill) / 〈事務・仕事・話など〉'を'『終える』,済ませる / 〈通路・施設など〉'を'一時的に閉じる,‘の'使用を一時中止する / (一つにまとまるように)…'を'つめる / 〈ドア・目・花などが〉『閉じる』,閉まる;ふさがる / 〈話・相談・契約などが〉『終る』,終了する,〈店などが〉終業(休業)する / くっつく,接近する(come together) / 終結,結末,終り(end) / 締め切り / (音楽の)終止
- (距離・時間・関係が)『近い』,接近している・《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『親密な』,親しい・ぎっしり詰まった,密集した;目のつんだ,きめの細かい・綿密な,厳重な(strict) ・息がつまる,重苦しい(stuffy) / 厳重に隠された,秘密の / ほとんど同等の,匹敵する・《補語にのみ用いて》(金銭が)乏しい;(…に)けちな(stingy)《+『with』+『名』》・(音声が)閉鎖音の(舌を口蓋(こうがい)に近づけて発音する) / (…に)『近接して』,(…の)すぐそば(近く)に;(…に)ぴったりくっついて《+『to(behind, by)』+『名』》 / きっちりと;ぎっしりと・(大寺院の)囲い地;(学校の)構内,校庭・《英》袋小路
- (人・動物の)横腹;わき腹の[筋]肉 / (建物・山・道路などの)わき,横側,側面 / (軍隊の編隊・配置,要塞の)右翼(または左翼) / …‘の'側面に置く(並べる)
- Targeted acylation for all the hydroxyls of (+)-catechin and evaluation of their individual contribution to radical scavenging activity.
- Hong S1, Liu S2.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2016 Apr 15;197(Pt A):415-21. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.10.134. Epub 2015 Oct 29.
- The reactivity profile of all the hydroxyl groups in (+)-catechin towards acylation and their respective contribution to radical scavenging activity were systematically explored in this work. Selective acylation of the hydroxyls on different rings was carried out employing either a basic or acidic a
- PMID 26616969
- Construction of Vicinal Tetrasubstituted Stereocenters with a C-F Bond through a Catalytic Enantioselective Detrifluoroacetylative Mannich Reaction.
- Liu X1, Zhang J1, Zhao L1, Ma S1, Yang D1, Yan W1, Wang R1,2.
- The Journal of organic chemistry.J Org Chem.2015 Dec 18;80(24):12651-8. doi: 10.1021/acs.joc.5b02238. Epub 2015 Dec 4.
- An efficient asymmetric detrifluoroacetylative Mannich reaction of 2-fluoro-1,3-diketones/hydrates with isatin-derived ketimines catalyzed by a chiral copper(II)-diamine complex has been realized. The reaction afforded a series of 3-substituted 3-amino-2-oxindoles bearing fluorine-containing vicinal
- PMID 26574779
- Copper-Catalyzed Vicinal Oxyazidation and Diazidation of Styrenes under Mild Conditions: Access to Alkyl Azides.
- Lu MZ1, Wang CQ1, Loh TP1,2.
- Organic letters.Org Lett.2015 Dec 18;17(24):6110-3. doi: 10.1021/acs.orglett.5b03130. Epub 2015 Dec 10.
- A novel and efficient copper-catalyzed oxyazidation and diazidation of styrenes is described. The stable azidoiodine(III) reagent is used as an efficient azide radical source in this reaction. A variety of synthetically useful functional groups are compatible with the mild reaction conditions. This
- PMID 26651361
- Characteristics of highly stacked InAs quantum-dot laser grown on vicinal (001)InP substrate
- Strain-induced step bunching in orientation-controlled GaN on Si
- vicinalとは。意味や和訳。[形]1 近所の，付近の，近接した，隣接の；((文))限られた地域のa vicinal railwayローカル線.2 《結晶》微斜の.3 《化学》近接の. - goo英和辞書は14万項目以上を収録し、発音、音声、慣用句、例文が分かる英和 ...
- Vicinal definition, of, relating to, or belonging to a neighborhood or district. See more. Thesaurus Translator Reference Word of the Day Blog Slideshows Apps by Dictionary My Account Log Out Log In follow Dictionary.com CITE ...
- Remember that the pulmonary vascular tree abuts the left atrium anatomically.
- adjacent, anchimeric, flank, flanking, neighboring, neighbouring, vicinal