- not far away in relative terms; "she works nearby"; "the planets orbiting nearby are Venus and Mars"
- close at hand; "the nearby towns"; "concentrated his study on the nearby planet Venus"
- used of hair or haircuts; "a close military haircut"
- finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead; "The relief pitcher closed with two runs in the second inning"
- inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information; "although they knew her whereabouts her friends kept close about it" (同)closelipped, closemouthed, secretive, tightlipped
- in an attentive manner; "he remained close on his guard" (同)closely, tight
- come together, as if in an embrace; "Her arms closed around her long lost relative" (同)come_together
- crowded; "close quarters" (同)confining
- marked by fidelity to an original; "a close translation"; "a faithful copy of the portrait"; "a faithful rendering of the observed facts" (同)faithful
- fill or stop up; "Can you close the cracks with caulking?" (同)fill_up
- become closed; "The windows closed with a loud bang" (同)shut
- move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; "Close the door"; "shut the window" (同)shut
- fitting closely but comfortably; "a close fit" (同)snug, close-fitting
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched; "a close contest"; "a close election"; "a tight game" (同)tight
- of textiles; "a close weave"; "smooth percale with a very tight weave" (同)tight
- at or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other; "close to noon"; "how close are we to town?"; "a close formation of ships"
- bar access to; "Due to the accident, the road had to be closed for several hours"
- be priced or listed when trading stops; "The stock market closed high this Friday"; "My new stocks closed at $59 last night"
- bring together all the elements or parts of; "Management closed ranks"
- cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
- change ones body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact
- close in relevance or relationship; "a close family"; "we are all...in close sympathy with..."; "close kin"; "a close resemblance"
- complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement; "We closed on the house on Friday"; "They closed the deal on the building"
- confined to specific persons; "a close secret"
- draw near; "The probe closed with the space station"
- engage at close quarters; "close with the enemy"
- finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.); "The meeting was closed with a charge by the chairman of the board"
- rigorously attentive; strict and thorough; "close supervision"; "paid close attention"; "a close study"; "kept a close watch on expenditures"
- strictly confined or guarded; "kept under close custody"
- near or close to but not necessarily touching; "lands adjacent to the mountains"; "New York and adjacent cities"
- having a common boundary or edge; abutting; touching; "Rhode Island has two bordering states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; "the side of Germany conterminous with France"; "Utah and the contiguous state of Idaho"; "neighboring cities" (同)conterminous, contiguous, neighboring
- nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space; "had adjacent rooms"; "in the next room"; "the person sitting next to me"; "our rooms were side by side" (同)next, side_by_side
- very close in resemblance; "sketched in an approximate likeness"; "a near likeness" (同)near
- not quite exact or correct; "the approximate time was 10 oclock"; "a rough guess"; "a ballpark estimate" (同)approximative, rough
- located close together; "with heads close together"; "approximate leaves grow together but are not united" (同)close together
- be close or similar; "Her results approximate my own" (同)come_close
- in a close relation or position in time or space; "the onsets were closely timed"; "houses set closely together"; "was closely involved in monitoring daily progress"
- in a close manner; "the two phenomena are intimately connected"; "the person most nearly concerned" (同)intimately, nearly
- the property of being close together (同)propinquity
- a Gestalt principle of organization holding that (other things being equal) objects or events that are near to one another (in space or time) are perceived as belonging together as a unit (同)law of proximity
- the region close around a person or thing
- closely resembling the genuine article; "near beer"; "a dress of near satin"
- not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances; "near neighbors"; "in the near future"; "they are near equals"; "his nearest approach to success"; "a very near thing"; "a near hit by the bomb"; "she was near tears"; "she was close to tears"; "had a close call" (同)close, nigh
- being on the left side; "the near or nigh horse is the one on the left"; "the animals left side is its near or nigh side" (同)nigh
- near in time or place or relationship; "as the wedding day drew near"; "stood near the door"; "dont shoot until they come near"; "getting near to the true explanation"; "her mother is always near"; "The end draws nigh"; "the bullet didnt come close"; "dont get too close to the fire" (同)nigh, close
- 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》すぐ近くの,そばの(close by) / 《名詞・動詞の後に用いて》近くに / 《前置詞的に》…の近くの(に)
- …'を'『閉じる』,閉める(shut) / …'を'ふさぐ(fill) / 〈事務・仕事・話など〉'を'『終える』,済ませる / 〈通路・施設など〉'を'一時的に閉じる,‘の'使用を一時中止する / (一つにまとまるように)…'を'つめる / 〈ドア・目・花などが〉『閉じる』,閉まる;ふさがる / 〈話・相談・契約などが〉『終る』,終了する,〈店などが〉終業(休業)する / くっつく,接近する(come together) / 終結,結末,終り(end) / 締め切り / (音楽の)終止
- (距離・時間・関係が)『近い』,接近している・《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『親密な』,親しい・ぎっしり詰まった,密集した;目のつんだ,きめの細かい・綿密な,厳重な(strict) ・息がつまる,重苦しい(stuffy) / 厳重に隠された,秘密の / ほとんど同等の,匹敵する・《補語にのみ用いて》(金銭が)乏しい;(…に)けちな(stingy)《+『with』+『名』》・(音声が)閉鎖音の(舌を口蓋(こうがい)に近づけて発音する) / (…に)『近接して』,(…の)すぐそば(近く)に;(…に)ぴったりくっついて《+『to(behind, by)』+『名』》 / きっちりと;ぎっしりと・(大寺院の)囲い地;(学校の)構内,校庭・《英》袋小路
- (数量の点で)『近似の』・おおよその / 《『approximate to』+『名』》(…に)『近い』,ほぼ等しい / (ある状態・量・額などの点で)…‘に'『近づく』,接近する / (…の額に)…'を'概算する,見積もる《+『名』+『at』+『名』》
- 『ぴったりと』,きっちりと / 『詳しく』,精密に / 近く,接近して / 密接に,仲よく / ひそかに,内密に
- (空間的・時間的に)(…の)『近くに』,(…に)接近して《+『to』+『名』》 / 《しばしば複合語を作って》『ほとんど』(almost, nearly) / (空間的・時間的に)『近い』,接近した / (関係などが)『身近な』 / 『きわどい』,やっとの / (空間的・時間的に)…『に近く』,『の近くに』 / (状態などが)…に近く,…しそうで / (時間・空間上)…‘に'近づく / 近づく,接近する
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Synchrotron radiation X-ray imaging of cavitation bubbles in Al-Cu alloy melt.
- Huang H1, Shu D2, Fu Y3, Wang J4, Sun B4.Author information 1Shanghai Key Lab of Advanced High-temperature Materials and Precision Forming, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China.2Shanghai Key Lab of Advanced High-temperature Materials and Precision Forming, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.orgShanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility, Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics, CAS, Shanghai 201204, China.4Shanghai Key Lab of Advanced High-temperature Materials and Precision Forming, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China; State Key Lab of Metal Matrix Composites, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China.AbstractCavitation bubbles in Al-10wt.%Cu melt has been investigated by adopting synchrotron radiation X-ray imaging technology. In-situ observation reveals that most of bubbles concentrate within an intense cavitation zone nearby the radiation face. The measured near-maximum bubble radii obey a similar truncated Gaussian distribution as in water but increase by nearly the magnitude of one order due to higher ultrasonic intensity applied in aluminum melt.
- Ultrasonics sonochemistry.Ultrason Sonochem.2014 Jul;21(4):1275-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ultsonch.2013.12.024. Epub 2014 Jan 3.
- Cavitation bubbles in Al-10wt.%Cu melt has been investigated by adopting synchrotron radiation X-ray imaging technology. In-situ observation reveals that most of bubbles concentrate within an intense cavitation zone nearby the radiation face. The measured near-maximum bubble radii obey a similar tru
- PMID 24433976
- Osteocytes exposed to far field of therapeutic ultrasound promotes osteogenic cellular activities in pre-osteoblasts through soluble factors.
- Fung CH1, Cheung WH2, Pounder NM3, Harrison A3, Leung KS4.Author information 1Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China.2Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China; Institute of Biomedical and Health Engineering, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenzhen, People's Republic of China. Electronic address: email@example.comOrthopaedic Trauma and Clinical Therapies, Smith and Nephew, Inc., Durham, NC 27703, United States.4Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China; Institute of Biomedical and Health Engineering, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenzhen, People's Republic of China.AbstractLow intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS) was reported to accelerate the rate of fracture healing. When LIPUS is applied to fractures transcutaneously, bone tissues at different depths are exposed to different ultrasound fields. Measurement of LIPUS shows pressure variations in near field (nearby transducer); uniform profile was found beyond it (far field). Moreover, we have reported that the therapeutic effect of LIPUS is dependent on the axial distance of ultrasound beam in rat fracture model. However, the mechanisms of how different axial distances of LIPUS influence the mechanotransduction of bone cells are not understood. To understand the cellular mechanisms underlying far field LIPUS on enhanced fracture healing in rat model, the present study investigated the effect of ultrasound axial distances on (1) osteocyte, the mechanosensor, and (2) mechanotransduction between osteocyte and pre-osteoblast (bone-forming cell) through paracrine signaling. We hypothesized that far field LIPUS could enhance the osteogenic activities of osteoblasts via paracrine factors secreted from osteocytes. The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of axial distances of LIPUS on osteocytes and osteocyte-osteoblast mechanotransduction. In this study, LIPUS (plane; 2.2cm in diameter, 1.5MHz sine wave, ISATA=30mW/cm(2)) was applied to osteocytes (mechanosensor) at three axial distances: 0mm (near field), 60mm (mid-near field) and 130mm (far field). The conditioned medium of osteocytes (OCM) collected from these three groups were used to culture pre-osteoblasts (effector cell). In this study, (1) the direct effect of ultrasound fields on the mechanosensitivity of osteocytes; and (2) the osteogenic effect of different OCM treatments on pre-osteoblasts were assessed. The immunostaining results indicated the ultrasound beam at far field resulted in more β-catenin nuclear translocation in osteocytes than all other groups. This indicated that osteocytes could detect the acoustic differences of LIPUS at various axial distances. Furthermore, we found that the soluble factors secreted by far field LIPUS exposed osteocytes could further promote pre-osteoblasts cell migration, maturation (transition of cell proliferation into osteogenic differentiation), and matrix calcification. In summary, our results of this present study indicated that axial distance beyond near field could transmit ultrasound energy to osteocyte more efficiently. The LIPUS exposed osteocytes conveyed mechanical signals to pre-osteoblasts and regulated their osteogenic cellular activities via paracrine factors secretion. The soluble factors secreted by far field exposed osteocytes led to promotion in migration and maturation in pre-osteoblasts. This finding demonstrated the positive effects of far field LIPUS on stimulating osteocytes and promoting mechanotransduction between osteocytes and osteoblasts.
- Ultrasonics.Ultrasonics.2014 Jul;54(5):1358-65. doi: 10.1016/j.ultras.2014.02.003. Epub 2014 Feb 11.
- Low intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS) was reported to accelerate the rate of fracture healing. When LIPUS is applied to fractures transcutaneously, bone tissues at different depths are exposed to different ultrasound fields. Measurement of LIPUS shows pressure variations in near field (nearby tran
- PMID 24560187
- Laser-induced microbubble poration of localized single cells.
- Fan Q1, Hu W, Ohta AT.Author information 1Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2540 Dole Street, Holmes Hall 302, Honolulu, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org.AbstractLaser-induced microbubbles were used to porate the cell membranes of localized single NIH/3T3 fibroblasts. Microsecond laser pulses were focused on an optically absorbent substrate, creating a vapour microbubble that oscillated in size at the laser focal point in a fluidic chamber. The shear stress accompanying the bubble size oscillation was able to porate nearby cells. Cell poration was demonstrated with the delivery of FITC-dextran dye with various molecular weights. Under optimal poration conditions, the cell poration efficiency was up to 95.2 ± 4.8%, while maintaining 97.6 ± 2.4% cell viability. The poration system is able to target a single cell without disturbing surrounding cells.
- Lab on a chip.Lab Chip.2014 May 7;14(9):1572-8. doi: 10.1039/c3lc51394g. Epub 2014 Mar 14.
- Laser-induced microbubbles were used to porate the cell membranes of localized single NIH/3T3 fibroblasts. Microsecond laser pulses were focused on an optically absorbent substrate, creating a vapour microbubble that oscillated in size at the laser focal point in a fluidic chamber. The shear stress
- PMID 24632785
- Construction and Analysis of a Modified Transposable Element Carrying an Outward Directed Inducible Promoter for Bacillus subtilis.
- Mulder KC1, Schumann W.Author information 1Institute of Genetics, University of Bayreuth, 95444, Bayreuth, Germany, email@example.com.AbstractTransposons are important tools to inactivate chromosomal genes followed by a correlation with a particular phenotype or genotype. Here we demonstrated the development of a special type of genetically engineered transposon carrying an outward-directed inducible promoter in order to allow transcription of nearby genes. We have modified the mariner transposon TnYLB able to transpose in B. subtilis. This modified TnYLB carries an expression unit consisting of the xylose repressor xylR and an outward-directed promoter negatively controlled by this repressor. This TnYLB-XylOut transposon is able to turn on gene expression if insertion occurs close to a promoter-less gene. It will be an important tool to identify the function of genes either by turning on their expression or by enhanced expression depending on the xylose concentration.
- Current microbiology.Curr Microbiol.2014 May;68(5):569-74. doi: 10.1007/s00284-013-0503-6. Epub 2013 Dec 27.
- Transposons are important tools to inactivate chromosomal genes followed by a correlation with a particular phenotype or genotype. Here we demonstrated the development of a special type of genetically engineered transposon carrying an outward-directed inducible promoter in order to allow transcripti
- PMID 24370625
- Model of the Light-Induced Defect Creation in Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon
- Microwave Power Dependence of Deconvolution of Dangling Bond ESR Spectra in a-Si:H
- Hydrogen-Related Dangling Bonds in Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon
- nearbyとは。意味や和訳。[形]((限定))すぐ近く[そば]の, 手近な, 隣接のa nearby lake近くの湖. [副]すぐそばに, 近所にThe restaurant is located nearby.レストランはすぐそばにある. [前]…のすぐそばの[に], …の近くの[に ...
- mucy_mucy_ucymさん このご質問、スッキリと説明するのが難しいですね。 nearby は、地理的に「近接した」、「近接して」、「隣あっている」 という意味で、形容詞（限定・叙述ともに可）、副詞として使います。前置詞と ...
- すぐ近くのレストランで昼食を取る予定があった I had a plan that I ate lunch near a restaurant. レストランの近くで昼食を食べた計画があった I had a plan to eat lunch at a restaurant nearby. nearとnearbyのポイント まずplanを説明しようと ...