- in an inextricable manner; "motives inspired by Mammon were often inextricably blended with things pertaining to Caesar and to God"
- used of hair or haircuts; "a close military haircut"
- finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead; "The relief pitcher closed with two runs in the second inning"
- inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information; "although they knew her whereabouts her friends kept close about it" (同)closelipped, closemouthed, secretive, tightlipped
- in an attentive manner; "he remained close on his guard" (同)closely, tight
- come together, as if in an embrace; "Her arms closed around her long lost relative" (同)come_together
- crowded; "close quarters" (同)confining
- marked by fidelity to an original; "a close translation"; "a faithful copy of the portrait"; "a faithful rendering of the observed facts" (同)faithful
- fill or stop up; "Can you close the cracks with caulking?" (同)fill_up
- become closed; "The windows closed with a loud bang" (同)shut
- move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; "Close the door"; "shut the window" (同)shut
- fitting closely but comfortably; "a close fit" (同)snug, close-fitting
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched; "a close contest"; "a close election"; "a tight game" (同)tight
- of textiles; "a close weave"; "smooth percale with a very tight weave" (同)tight
- at or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other; "close to noon"; "how close are we to town?"; "a close formation of ships"
- bar access to; "Due to the accident, the road had to be closed for several hours"
- be priced or listed when trading stops; "The stock market closed high this Friday"; "My new stocks closed at $59 last night"
- bring together all the elements or parts of; "Management closed ranks"
- cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
- change ones body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are closer to the intended point of impact
- close in relevance or relationship; "a close family"; "we are all...in close sympathy with..."; "close kin"; "a close resemblance"
- complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement; "We closed on the house on Friday"; "They closed the deal on the building"
- confined to specific persons; "a close secret"
- draw near; "The probe closed with the space station"
- engage at close quarters; "close with the enemy"
- finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.); "The meeting was closed with a charge by the chairman of the board"
- rigorously attentive; strict and thorough; "close supervision"; "paid close attention"; "a close study"; "kept a close watch on expenditures"
- strictly confined or guarded; "kept under close custody"
- marked by close acquaintance, association, or familiarity; "intimate friend"; "intimate relations between economics, politics, and legal principles" - V.L. Parrington
- give to understand; "I insinuated that I did not like his wife" (同)adumbrate, insinuate
- thoroughly acquainted through study or experience; "this girl, so intimate with nature"-W.H.Hudson; "knowledgeable about the technique of painting"- Herbert Read (同)knowledgeable, versed
- involved in a sexual relationship; "the intimate (or sexual) relations between husband and wife"; "she had been intimate with many men"; "he touched her intimate parts" (同)sexual
- set so close together as to be invulnerable to penetration; "in tight formation"; "a tight blockade"
- affected by scarcity and expensive to borrow; "tight money"; "a tight market"
- closely constrained or constricted or constricting; "tight skirts"; "he hated tight starched collars"; "fingers closed in a tight fist"; "a tight feeling in his chest"
- of such close construction as to be impermeable; "a tight roof"; "warm in our tight little house"
- packed closely together; "they stood in a tight little group"; "hair in tight curls"; "the pub was packed tight"
- securely or solidly fixed in place; rigid; "the bolts are tight"
- in a close relation or position in time or space; "the onsets were closely timed"; "houses set closely together"; "was closely involved in monitoring daily progress"
- in a close manner; "the two phenomena are intimately connected"; "the person most nearly concerned" (同)intimately, nearly
- become tight or tighter; "The rope tightened"
- make tight or tighter; "Tighten the wire" (同)fasten
- …'を'『閉じる』,閉める(shut) / …'を'ふさぐ(fill) / 〈事務・仕事・話など〉'を'『終える』,済ませる / 〈通路・施設など〉'を'一時的に閉じる,‘の'使用を一時中止する / (一つにまとまるように)…'を'つめる / 〈ドア・目・花などが〉『閉じる』,閉まる;ふさがる / 〈話・相談・契約などが〉『終る』,終了する,〈店などが〉終業(休業)する / くっつく,接近する(come together) / 終結,結末,終り(end) / 締め切り / (音楽の)終止
- (距離・時間・関係が)『近い』,接近している・《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『親密な』,親しい・ぎっしり詰まった,密集した;目のつんだ,きめの細かい・綿密な,厳重な(strict) ・息がつまる,重苦しい(stuffy) / 厳重に隠された,秘密の / ほとんど同等の,匹敵する・《補語にのみ用いて》(金銭が)乏しい;(…に)けちな(stingy)《+『with』+『名』》・(音声が)閉鎖音の(舌を口蓋(こうがい)に近づけて発音する) / (…に)『近接して』,(…の)すぐそば(近く)に;(…に)ぴったりくっついて《+『to(behind, by)』+『名』》 / きっちりと;ぎっしりと・(大寺院の)囲い地;(学校の)構内,校庭・《英》袋小路
- 『たいへん親しい』,親密な / 個人的な(private) / (理解・知識などについて)身近によく知っている,くわしい / 親友,心の許せる友
- 『きっちり締まった(結ばれた)』 / 『すきまのない』,(水・空気などの)漏らない / 『ぴんと張った』 / (衣服などが)『きつい』 / (時間的・空間的に)余裕のない,ぎっしり詰まった / (立場などが)困難な,扱いにくい / 厳しい / 《話》けちな(stingy) / 《話》(試合などが)互角の / 《俗》酔った / (品物・仕事・取り引きなどが)試底した,詰まった,(金融が)ひっ迫した
- 『ぴったりと』,きっちりと / 『詳しく』,精密に / 近く,接近して / 密接に,仲よく / ひそかに,内密に
- …‘を'きつく締める《+名+up,+up+名》 / 締まる,きつくなる
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- "Confinement of the higher orders": the social role of private lunatic asylums in ireland, C. 1820-60.
- Mauger A.SourceCentre for the History of Medicine in Ireland, School of History and Archives, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.
- Journal of the history of medicine and allied sciences.J Hist Med Allied Sci.2012 Apr;67(2):281-317. Epub 2011 Feb 25.
- The period 1820-60 marked an era of transition and diversity in Ireland that rapidly transformed the face of Irish society. Inextricably linked with these processes was the expansion of Ireland's private asylum system. This system diverged from its British counterpart both in the socioeconomic cohor
- PMID 21355010
- Getting real about Semantic Illusions: Rethinking the functional role of the P600 in language comprehension.
- Brouwer H, Fitz H, Hoeks J.SourceCenter for Language and Cognition/BCN Neuro-Imaging Center, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Brain research.Brain Res.2012 Mar 29;1446:127-43. Epub 2012 Feb 2.
- In traditional theories of language comprehension, syntactic and semantic processing are inextricably linked. This assumption has been challenged by the 'Semantic Illusion Effect' found in studies using Event Related brain Potentials. Semantically anomalous sentences did not produce the expected inc
- PMID 22361114
- Mechanisms of Gamma Oscillations.
- Buzsáki G, Wang XJ.SourceCenter for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07102 and The Neuroscience Institute, New York University, School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016; email: email@example.com.
- Annual review of neuroscience.Annu Rev Neurosci.2012 Mar 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gamma rhythms are commonly observed in many brain regions during both waking and sleep states, yet their functions and mechanisms remain a matter of debate. Here we review the cellular and synaptic mechanisms underlying gamma oscillations and outline empirical questions and controversial conceptual
- PMID 22443509
- Dpressin in a post conflict setting : A study from a highly affected area by the Nepal Civil War
- GYAWALI Bijay
- 国際医療福祉大学学会誌 18(2), 91-97, 2013-10-31
- [背景と目的] メンタルヘルスにおけるウェルビーイングとは,人々が自分の可能性を理解し,社会に貢献出来る状態のことである.精神的な病は,内乱後の社会や低・中の所得社会においては,身体的な病よりしばしば優先順位が低くみなされる.しかし,両者は複雑に関連するものである.抑うつは,全世界のどこでも認められるものであるが,紛争後の社会においてはことさら著明である.本研究では,紛争後の地域住民のうつ状態の状 …
- NAID 110009625642
- 創られた「津軽」イメージ : 津軽三味線と沖縄三線の比較研究
- 冨田 晃
- 弘前大学教育学部紀要 (109), 27-34, 2013-03
- … Tsugaru-jamisen and Okinawan-sanshin are musical styles inextricably linked to the regions with which they share their names. …
- NAID 120005347019
- A primal barrier function Phase I algorithm for nonsymmetric conic optimization problems
- Matsukawa Yasuaki,Yoshise Akiko,吉瀬 章子
- Japan journal of industrial and applied mathematics 29(3), 499-517, 2012-10-01
- … This fact means that those studies are not inextricably tied to the practical usage. …
- NAID 10031126880
- The Indian as the American savior : Charles Alexander Eastman's Indian and his vision for America's future
- in·ex·tri·ca·ble ( n- k str -k -b l, n k-str k -b l). adj. 1. a. So intricate or entangled as to make escape impossible: an inextricable maze; an inextricable web of deceit. b. Difficult or impossible to disentangle or untie: an inextricable tangle of threads.
- Inextricably definition, from which one cannot extricate oneself: an inextricable maze. See more.
- Definition of inextricably : Inextricably is an adverb that means in a manner that is impossible to unravel or separate from something else. It is usually modifies words like "linked" and "tied." To most Americans, pilgrims and Thanksgiving are ...
- intimate contact