- the act of deleting something written or printed
- the omission that is made when an editorial change shortens a written passage; "an editors deletions frequently upset young authors"; "both parties agreed on the excision of the proposed clause" (同)excision, cut
- (genetics) the loss or absence of one or more nucleotides from a chromosome
- stop filming; "cut a movie scene"
- cease, stop; "cut the noise"; "We had to cut short the conversation" (同)cut_off
- a wound made by cutting; "he put a bandage over the cut" (同)gash, slash, slice
- a share of the profits; "everyone got a cut of the earnings"
- a step on some scale; "he is a cut above the rest"
- grow through the gums; "The new tooth is cutting"
- have grow through the gums; "The baby cut a tooth"
- the act of cutting something into parts; "his cuts were skillful"; "his cutting of the cake made a terrible mess" (同)cutting
- the act of penetrating or opening open with a sharp edge; "his cut in the lining revealed the hidden jewels" (同)cutting
- the division of a deck of cards before dealing; "he insisted that we give him the last cut before every deal"; "the cutting of the cards soon became a ritual" (同)cutting
- the act of shortening something by chopping off the ends; "the barber gave him a good cut" (同)cutting, cutting off
- a trench resembling a furrow that was made by erosion or excavation (同)gash
- (sports) a stroke that puts reverse spin on the ball; "cuts do not bother a good tennis player" (同)undercut
- a canal made by erosion or excavation
- an unexcused absence from class; "he was punished for taking too many cuts in his math class"
- the act of reducing the amount or number; "the mayor proposed extensive cuts in the city budget"
- a piece of meat that has been cut from an animal carcass (同)cut of meat
- a distinct selection of music from a recording or a compact disc; "he played the first cut on the cd"; "the title track of the album" (同)track
- (film) an immediate transition from one shot to the next; "the cut from the accident scene to the hospital seemed too abrupt"
- the style in which a garment is cut; "a dress of traditional cut"
- create by duplicating data; "cut a disk"; "burn a CD" (同)burn
- (of a male animal) having the testicles removed; "a cut horse" (同)emasculated, gelded
- weed out unwanted or unnecessary things; "We had to lose weight, so we cut the sugar from our diet" (同)prune, rationalize, rationalise
- with parts removed; "the drastically cut film" (同)shortened
- intentionally fail to attend; "cut class" (同)skip
- (used of rates or prices) reduced usually sharply; "the slashed prices attracted buyers" (同)slashed
- style and tailor in a certain fashion; "cut a dress" (同)tailor
- mixed with water; "sold cut whiskey"; "a cup of thinned soup" (同)thinned, weakened
- (of pages of a book) having the folds of the leaves trimmed or slit; "the cut pages of the book"
- allow incision or separation; "This bread cuts easily"
- discharge from a group; "The coach cut two players from the team"
- dissolve by breaking down the fat of; "soap cuts grease"
- divide a deck of cards at random into two parts to make selection difficult; "Wayne cut"; "She cut the deck for a long time"
- fashioned or shaped by cutting; "a well-cut suit"; "cut diamonds"; "cut velvet"
- fell by sawing; hew; "The Vietnamese cut a lot of timber while they occupied Cambodia"
- form by probing, penetrating, or digging; "cut a hole"; "cut trenches"; "The sweat cut little rivulets into her face"
- form or shape by cutting or incising; "cut paper dolls"
- function as a cutting instrument; "This knife cuts well"
- give the appearance or impression of; "cut a nice figure"
- have a reducing effect; "This cuts into my earnings"
- hit (a ball) with a spin so that it turns in the opposite direction; "cut a Ping-Pong ball"
- make a recording of; "cut the songs"; "She cut all of her major titles again"
- make an abrupt change of image or sound; "cut from one scene to another"
- make an incision or separation; "cut along the dotted line"
- move (ones fist); "his opponent cut upward toward his chin"
- pass directly and often in haste; "We cut through the neighbors yard to get home sooner"
- pass through or across; "The boat cut the water"
- penetrate injuriously; "The glass from the shattered windshield cut into her forehead"
- perform or carry out; "cut a caper"
- reap or harvest; "cut grain"
- record a performance on (a medium); "cut a record"
- separate with or as if with an instrument; "Cut the rope"
- separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument; "the cut surface was mottled"; "cut tobacco"; "blood from his cut forehead"; "bandages on her cut wrists"
- shorten as if by severing the edges or ends of; "cut my hair"
- feel or suffer from the lack of; "He misses his mother"
- a failure to hit (or meet or find etc) (同)misfire
- fail to experience; "Fortunately, I missed the hurricane" (同)escape
- be without; "This soup lacks salt"; "There is something missing in my jewelry box!" (同)lack
- fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind; "I missed that remark"; "She missed his point"; "We lost part of what he said" (同)lose
- be absent; "The child had been missing for a week"
- fail to attend an event or activity; "I missed the concert"; "He missed school for a week"
- fail to reach or get to; "She missed her train"
- fail to reach; "The arrow missed the target"
- give an abstract (of)
- not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature; "a large abstract painting" (同)abstractionist, nonfigurative, nonobjective
- consider a concept without thinking of a specific example; consider abstractly or theoretically
- consider apart from a particular case or instance; "Lets abstract away from this particular example"
- dealing with a subject in the abstract without practical purpose or intention; "abstract reasoning"; "abstract science"
- existing only in the mind; separated from embodiment; "abstract words like `truth and `justice"
- remove from a position or an office
- remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract; "remove a threat"; "remove a wrapper"; "Remove the dirty dishes from the table"; "take the gun from your pocket"; "This machine withdraws heat from the environment" (同)take, take_away, withdraw
- degree of figurative distance or separation; "just one remove from madness" or "it imitates at many removes a Shakespearean tragedy";
- get rid of something abstract; "The death of her mother removed the last obstacle to their marriage"; "God takes away your sins" (同)take_away
- shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes; "He removed his children to the countryside"; "Remove the troops to the forest surrounding the city"; "remove a case to another court" (同)transfer
- desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army; "If soldiers deserted Hitlers army, they were shot" (同)desert
- an imperfection in an object or machine; "a flaw caused the crystal to shatter"; "if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer" (同)fault, flaw
- an imperfection in a bodily system; "visual defects"; "this device permits detection of defects in the lungs"
- a failing or deficiency; "that interpretation is an unfortunate defect of our lack of information" (同)shortcoming
- (刃物などで)…'を'『切る』,傷つける / (刃物などで)…'を'『切断する』,切り分ける;〈草・作物・髪など〉'を'刈り取る / 〈像・文様など〉'を'『刻む』,彫る;〈石・宝石など〉'を'刻む;みがく;〈衣服など〉'を'裁断する / 《比喩(ひゆ)的に》〈人,人の心〉'を'切る,傷つける;〈寒さなどが〉…‘の'身を切る / (…から)…'を'『削除する』《+『名』+『from』(『out of』)+『名』》 / …'を'減らす,削減する;(…で)…'を'薄める《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / …'を'横切る,‘と'交差する / …'を'掘る,切り開く / …'を'止める / 〈歯〉'を'はやす / 《話》(わざと)…'を'知らないふりをする,のけものにする / 《話》〈授業など〉'を'さぼる,欠席する / (カードゲームで)〈一組の札〉'を'切る / (テニス・卓球などで)〈ボール〉'を'カットする / 《しばしば状態を表す副詞[句]を伴って》〈刃物が〉『切れる』;〈物が〉切られる / 〈物事が〉身を切るように痛い;感情をひどく傷つける / (…へ)急に方向を変える《+『to』+『名』》 / (…への)切り傷,刻み目《+『on』(『in』)+『名』》 / (刃物の)一切り,(むちなどの)一打ち / (…の)断片(特に,切り取った肉など),切り身《+『of』+『名』》 / (…の)削減,(値段の)割引き,(賃金の)引下げ《+『in』+『名』》 / (…の)切り方,裁ち方,刈り方《+『of』+『名』》 / (テニス・卓球などで)ボールを切ること / 横断路,通り抜け路 / 切り通し;掘り割り / 木版[画];(印刷用の)金属板;さし絵,カット / (…に対する)感情を傷つける言葉(行為);しんらつな言葉,冷酷な仕打ち《+『at』+『名』》 / 《話》分け前,配前(share)
- 〈C〉未婚婦人;《複数形で》少女(girl) / 《M-》《未婚婦人の姓・姓名の前に付けて》…『嬢』,…『さん』 / 《通例M-》《おもに英》《生徒が女の先生に対して》…先生 / 《通例M-》《単独で呼び掛けに用いて》お嬢さん;《ふざけて》おねえちゃん / 《M-》《おもに容姿端麗のため一国・一団の代表に選ばれた未婚女性に対して》ミス…
- 〈ボールなど〉‘を'『打ち損なう』,〈的(まと)など〉‘を'『外す』 / 〈人〉‘に'『会い損なう』,〈列車・船など〉‘を'『捕まえ損なう』;〈約束など〉‘に'間に合わない / …‘を'『見落とす』,見そこなう,見矢う / 〈物事〉‘を'『逃す』,逸する / 〈会合・学校など〉‘に'出席しない / …‘を'理解できない / …‘が'ない(いない)のを残念に思う / …‘が'ない(いない)のに気付く / …‘を'避ける,免れる(avoid, escape) / …‘を'欠く / …‘の'答えの間違う / 的(まと)を外れる,当たり損なう;受け損なう / (…で)失敗する《+『in』+『名』》 / 発火しない,点火しない / やり損ない,失敗(failure);免れること,回避(escape)
- 『抽象的な』 / 理論的な,観念的な / (美術において)抽象派の / 〈U〉抽象 / 〈C〉抜粋,摘要(summary) / 〈C〉抽象美術作品 / (いくつかのものから)〈ある概念〉'を'抽象する,抽出する《+『名』+『from』+『名』》 / 〈本・スピーチなど〉'を'要約する(summarize),抜粋する / (…から)〈金属など〉'を'抽出する,分離する《+『名』+『from』+『名』》
- (…から)…‘を'『取り去る』,持ち去る・(…へ)旨‘を'『移す』,移転させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / (…から)〈人〉‘を'解任する,追い出す《+『名』+『from』+『名』》 / (…べ)移る,移転する《+『to』+『名』》 / (…との)距離,隔り《+『from』+『名』》
- 〈C〉『欠点』,弱点,欠陥 / 〈U〉〈C〉《古》不足,欠乏 / (国・党・主義などから)離脱する,裏切って出る《+『from』+『名』》;離反して(…に)転向する《+『to』+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- High-resolution melting (HRM) analysis as a feasible method for detecting spinal muscular atrophy via dried blood spots.
- Er TK, Kan TM, Su YF, Liu TC, Chang JG, Hung SY, Jong YJ.SourceDivision of Molecular Diagnostics, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan; Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- Clinica chimica acta; international journal of clinical chemistry.Clin Chim Acta.2012 Nov 12;413(21-22):1781-5. Epub 2012 Jul 4.
- BACKGROUND: Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is a neurodegenerative disease with the leading genetic cause of infant mortality. More than 95% of patients with SMA have a homozygous disruption in the survival motor neuron1 (SMN1) gene, caused by mutation, deletion, or rearrangement. Recently, treatment
- PMID 22771969
- Alpha-synuclein pore forming activity upon membrane association.
- Tosatto L, Andrighetti AO, Plotegher N, Antonini V, Tessari I, Ricci L, Bubacco L, Dalla Serra M.SourceIstituto di Biofisica, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche & Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy.
- Biochimica et biophysica acta.Biochim Biophys Acta.2012 Nov;1818(11):2876-83. Epub 2012 Jul 20.
- Alpha-synuclein is a natively unfolded protein widely expressed in neurons at the presynaptic level. It is linked to Parkinson's disease by two lines of evidence: amyloid fibrils of the protein accumulate in patients' brains and three genetic mutants cause autosomal dominant forms of the disease. Th
- PMID 22820150
- The helicase domain and C-terminus of human RecQL4 facilitate replication elongation on DNA templates damaged by ionizing radiation.
- Kohzaki M, Chiourea M, Versini G, Adachi N, Takeda S, Gagos S, Halazonetis TD.SourceDepartment of Molecular Biology, University of Geneva, 1205 Geneva, Switzerland.
- Carcinogenesis.Carcinogenesis.2012 Nov;33(6):1203-10. Epub 2012 Apr 16.
- The vertebrate RECQL4 (RECQ4) gene is thought to be the ortholog of budding yeast SLD2. However, RecQL4 contains within its C-terminus a RecQ-like helicase domain, which is absent in Sld2. We established human pre-B lymphocyte Nalm-6 cells, in which the endogenous RECQL4 gene was homozygously target
- PMID 22508716
- A monotonic statistical machine translation approach to speaking style transformation
- Neubig Graham,Akita Yuya,Mori Shinsuke,Kawahara Tatsuya
- Computer Speech & Language 26(5), 349-370, 2012-10
- … In particular, the proposed model uses a framework of monotonic statistical machine translation to perform not only the deletion of disfluencies and insertion of punctuation, but also correction of colloquial expressions, insertions of omitted words, and other transformations. …
- NAID 120004247251
- Detection of a large heterozygous deletion and a splicing defect in the CFTR transcripts from nasal swab of a Japanese case of cystic fibrosis
- Nakakuki Miyuki,Fujiki Kotoyo,Yamamoto Akiko [他]
- Journal of human genetics 57(7), 427-433, 2012-07
- NAID 40019350874
- Dynamin 2 in Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Tanabe Kenji,Takei Kohji
- Acta Medica Okayama 66(3), 183-190, 2012-06
- … Interestingly, the expression of a deletion mutant, 551Δ3, did not impair endocytosis, but induced abnormal accumulationof microtubules. …
- NAID 120004247089
- In genetics, a deletion (also called gene deletion, deficiency, or deletion mutation ) (sign: Δ) is a mutation (a genetic aberration) in which a part of a chromosome or a sequence of DNA is missing. Deletion is the loss of genetic material.
- The Wikipedia deletion policy describes how pages that do not meet the relevant criteria for content of the encyclopedia are identified and removed from Wikipedia . In the normal operations of Wikipedia, approximately five thousand pages are ...
- aberrant、aberrantly、aberration、abnormal、abnormality、abnormally、absence、agenesis、anomalous、anomalously、anomaly、defective、deficiency、deficient、deficit、deletion、deletional、deviant、drawback、extraordinarily、extraordinary、fault、flaw、inadequacy、miss、missing、morphological defect、shortcoming、unusual、unusually、weakness
- absence, agenesis, dearth, defect, defective, deficient, deficit, delete, deletion, deletional, depletion, deprivation, deprive, lack, miss, missing, morphological defect, paucity, scarce, scarcity, starve
- deletion mutation