- deficiency、deficient、deficit、depletion、deprivation、deprive、in short、insufficiency、insufficient、lack、paucity、scarce、scarcity、short、shortage、shortness、starve
- an acute insufficiency (同)famine, shortage
- an insufficient quantity or number (同)paucity
- without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold; "he made his fortune by selling short just before the crash"
- the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- low in stature; not tall; "he was short and stocky"; "short in stature"; "a short smokestack"; "a little man" (同)little
- lacking foresight or scope; "a short view of the problem"; "shortsighted policies"; "shortsighted critics derided the plan"; "myopic thinking" (同)shortsighted, unforesightful, myopic
- at a disadvantage; "I was caught short" (同)unawares
- (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length; "short skirts"; "short hair"; "the board was a foot short"; "a short toss"
- at some point or distance before a goal is reached; "he fell short of our expectations"
- clean across; "the cars axle snapped short"
- not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices; "a short sale"; "short in cotton"
- of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration; "the English vowel sounds in `pat, `pet, `pit, `pot, putt are short"
- primarily temporal sense; indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration; "a short life"; "a short flight"; "a short holiday"; "a short story"; "only a few short months"
- so as to interrupt; "She took him up short before he could continue"
- tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening; "shortbread is a short crumbly cookie"; "a short flaky pie crust"
- (sports) the score by which a team or individual is losing
- a deficiency or failure in neurological or mental functioning; "the people concerned have a deficit in verbal memory"; "they have serious linguistic deficits"
- an excess of liabilities over assets (usually over a certain period); "last year there was a serious budgetary deficit"
- the property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required; "new blood vessels bud out from the already dilated vascular bed to make up the nutritional deficit" (同)shortage, shortfall
- deprive of a necessity and cause suffering; "he is starving her of love"; "The engine was starved of fuel"
- deprive of food; "They starved the prisoners" (同)famish
- die of food deprivation; "The political prisoners starved to death"; "Many famished in the countryside during the drought" (同)famish
- be hungry; go without food; "Lets eat--Im starving!" (同)hunger, famish
- a lack of competence; "pointed out the insufficiencies in my report"; "juvenile offenses often reflect an inadequacy in the parents" (同)inadequacy
- (pathology) inability of a bodily part or organ to function normally
- lack of an adequate quantity or number; "the inadequacy of unemployment benefits" (同)inadequacy, deficiency
- the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable; "there is a serious lack of insight into the problem"; "water is the critical deficiency in desert regions"; "for want of a nail the shoe was lost" (同)deficiency, want
- with or in a close or intimate relationship; "a good friend"; "my sisters and brothers are near and dear" (同)good, near
- earnest; "ones dearest wish"; "devout wishes for their success"; "heartfelt condolences" (同)devout, earnest, heartfelt
- (人・物の)不足,欠乏(lack, scarcity)《+『of』+『名』》
- (長さ・時間・距離などが)『短い』,近い・(人が)『背が低い』・(数量・期間などが)不足の』,乏しい;目標(標準)に達しない・(文などが)『簡潔な』,手短な・『そっけない』,ぞんぞいな,無愛想な・(ケーキなどが)かりかりする,さくさくする・(母音・音節が)短い;(詩の行の母音が)強勢のない・急に,突然・短いもの;欠けているもの・短篇映画(short movie, short subject) ・=short circuit・《複数形で》不足,欠損 / …‘を'短絡させる,ショートさせる / 短絡する,ショートする
- 『餓死する』 / (…を)切望する,(…に)飢える《+『for』+『名』》 / 《話》空腹である,ひもじい / …‘を'飢え死にさせる / 〈人〉‘を'飢えさせる,腹ぺこにさせる / (…を)…‘に'切望させる,(…の)欠乏を感じさせる《+『名』+『for(of)』+『名』》
- …‘を'『欠く』,‘が'ない(受動態にできない) / (…になるまでに)…‘だけ'不足する《+『名』+『of』[『being』]+『名』》 / 〈U〉《時にa~》(必要なものの)『欠乏』,不足;(…が)ないこと《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉欠けて(不足して)いるもの
- 『親愛な,かわいい』(much loved) / (手紙の書き出しのあいさつの)『親愛なる』,尊敬する / 『大事な』,貴重な;(…にとって)大事な《+『to』+『名』》(precious) / ‐高い/,高価な / 『高価に』,高く / 『かわいい人』,大切な人,いい子 / 『おや,まあ』(驚き・同情・悲しみ・困惑などを表す)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Mice lacking Nf1 in osteochondroprogenitor cells display skeletal dysplasia similar to patients with neurofibromatosis type I.
- Wang W, Nyman JS, Ono K, Stevenson DA, Yang X, Elefteriou F.AbstractMutations in NF1 cause neurofibromatosis type I (NF1), a disorder characterized, among other clinical manifestations, by generalized and focal bony lesions. Dystrophic scoliosis and tibial pseudoarthrosis are the most severe skeletal manifestations for which treatment is not satisfactory, emphasizing the dearth of knowledge related to the biology of NF1 in bone cells. Using reporter mice, we report here that the mouse Col2α1-Cre promoter (collagen, type II, alpha 1) is active not only in chondrocytes but also in adult bone marrow osteoprogenitors giving rise to osteoblasts. Based on this finding, we crossed the Col2α1-Cre transgenic and Nf1(flox/flox) mice to determine whether loss of Nf1 in axial and appendicular osteochondroprogenitors recapitulates the skeletal abnormalities of NF1 patients. By microtomographic and X-rays studies, we show that Nf1(Col2)(-/-) mice display progressive scoliosis and kyphosis, tibial bowing and abnormalities in skull and anterior chest wall formation. These defects were accompanied by a low bone mass phenotype, high bone cortical porosity, osteoidosis, increased osteoclastogenesis and decreased osteoblast number, as quantified by histomorphometry and 3D-microtomography. Loss of Nf1 in osteochondroprogenitors also caused severe short stature and intervertebral disc defects. Blockade of the RAS/ERK activation characteristic of Nf1(-/-) osteoprogenitors by lovastatin during embryonic development could attenuate the increased cortical porosity observed in mutant pups. These data and the skeletal similarities between this mouse model and NF1 patients thus suggest that activation of the RAS/ERK pathway by Nf1 loss-of-function in osteochondroprogenitors is responsible for the vertebral and tibia lesions in NF1 patients, and that this molecular signature may represent a good therapeutic target.
- Human molecular genetics.Hum Mol Genet.2011 Oct 15;20(20):3910-24. Epub 2011 Jul 14.
- Mutations in NF1 cause neurofibromatosis type I (NF1), a disorder characterized, among other clinical manifestations, by generalized and focal bony lesions. Dystrophic scoliosis and tibial pseudoarthrosis are the most severe skeletal manifestations for which treatment is not satisfactory, emphasizin
- PMID 21757497
- Imagery and pain: the prevalence, characteristics, and potency of imagery associated with pain.
- Philips HC.SourceBack In Motion Rehabilitation Center, Richmond, Canada.
- Behavioural and cognitive psychotherapy.Behav Cogn Psychother.2011 Oct;39(5):523-40.
- Background: There is a dearth of information about imagery in pain sufferers. Aim: The aim of this study was to collect data on the characteristics, prevalence, and potency of imagery associated with pain. Method: The images of 59 pain sufferers were assessed by means of a semi-structured interview.
- PMID 21878137
- Resveratrol ameliorates TNFα-mediated suppression of erythropoiesis in human CD34(+) cells via modulation of NF-κB signalling.
- Jeong JY, Silver M, Parnes A, Nikiforow S, Berliner N, Vanasse GJ.SourceDepartment of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School Department of Medical Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA.
- British journal of haematology.Br J Haematol.2011 Oct;155(1):93-101. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2141.2011.08800.x. Epub 2011 Jul 18.
- Overexpression of pro-inflammatory cytokines, including tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNFα), has been implicated in the pathogenesis of anaemia of inflammation. TNFα suppresses erythroid colony formation via both direct and indirect effects on haematopoietic progenitors, often involving activation
- PMID 21762122
- Leaf David E.,Appel Gerald B.,Radhakrishnan Jai
- Kidney international selections 9(1), 15-20, 2011
- NAID 40018711929
- 農芸教育の提唱(5) : 学校教育の場における育てる指導者不足の背景
- 野口 徹,植木 宏之,犬飼 茂樹,新原 健一,伊藤 正栄,竹内 健司,遠藤 守信
- 日本ゴム協會誌 83(11), 354-360, 2010-11-15
- … Today, with the dearth of easy-to-reach reservoirs, the oil and gas industry is conducting more of its exploration and exploitation activities in difficult-to-reach and harsh environments. …
- NAID 10027128395
- Dearth definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
- 20 Jul 2011 ... While smiles were rare enough in a place like the Pentagon ...
- dearth、deficient、deficit、dysfunction、failing、failure、hypofunction、imperfecta、in short、inadequate、incompetence、insufficient、insufficiently、lack、low、malfunction、paucity、poorly、regurgitation、scanty、scarce、scarcity、short、shortage、shortness、stun
- absence, agenesis, dearth, defect, defective, deficient, deficit, delete, deletion, deletional, depletion, deprivation, deprive, lack, miss, missing, morphological defect, paucity, scarce, scarcity, starve
- agenesis, dearth, defect, defective, deficiency, deficient, deletion, deletional, depletion, deprivation, deprive, drawback, fault, flaw, in short, insufficiency, insufficient, lack, miss, missing, paucity, scarce, scarcity, short, shortage, shortness, starve
- deficit、lack、insufficiency、shortage、paucity、shortness、dearth、scarcity、insufficient、short、scarce、in short