- dearth、deficiency、deficient、deficit、depletion、deprivation、deprive、in short、infrequent、infrequently、insufficiency、insufficient、lack、paucity、rare、rarely、scarcity、short、shortage、shortness、starve、uncommonly
- deficient in quantity or number compared with the demand; "fresh vegetables were scarce during the drought"
- without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold; "he made his fortune by selling short just before the crash"
- the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- low in stature; not tall; "he was short and stocky"; "short in stature"; "a short smokestack"; "a little man" (同)little
- lacking foresight or scope; "a short view of the problem"; "shortsighted policies"; "shortsighted critics derided the plan"; "myopic thinking" (同)shortsighted, unforesightful, myopic
- at a disadvantage; "I was caught short" (同)unawares
- (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length; "short skirts"; "short hair"; "the board was a foot short"; "a short toss"
- at some point or distance before a goal is reached; "he fell short of our expectations"
- clean across; "the cars axle snapped short"
- not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices; "a short sale"; "short in cotton"
- of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration; "the English vowel sounds in `pat, `pet, `pit, `pot, putt are short"
- primarily temporal sense; indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration; "a short life"; "a short flight"; "a short holiday"; "a short story"; "only a few short months"
- so as to interrupt; "She took him up short before he could continue"
- tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening; "shortbread is a short crumbly cookie"; "a short flaky pie crust"
- recurring only at long intervals; "a rare appearance"; "total eclipses are rare events"
- having low density; "rare gasses"; "lightheaded from the rarefied mountain air" (同)rarefied, rarified
- marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind; "what is so rare as a day in June"-J.R.Lowell; "a rare skill"; "an uncommon sense of humor"; "she was kind to an uncommon degree" (同)uncommon
- (of meat) cooked a short time; still red inside; "rare roast beef"
- not widely distributed; "rare herbs"; "rare patches of green in the desert"
- not widely known; especially valued for its uncommonness; "a rare word"; "rare books"
- (sports) the score by which a team or individual is losing
- a deficiency or failure in neurological or mental functioning; "the people concerned have a deficit in verbal memory"; "they have serious linguistic deficits"
- an excess of liabilities over assets (usually over a certain period); "last year there was a serious budgetary deficit"
- the property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required; "new blood vessels bud out from the already dilated vascular bed to make up the nutritional deficit" (同)shortage, shortfall
- deprive of a necessity and cause suffering; "he is starving her of love"; "The engine was starved of fuel"
- deprive of food; "They starved the prisoners" (同)famish
- die of food deprivation; "The political prisoners starved to death"; "Many famished in the countryside during the drought" (同)famish
- be hungry; go without food; "Lets eat--Im starving!" (同)hunger, famish
- a lack of competence; "pointed out the insufficiencies in my report"; "juvenile offenses often reflect an inadequacy in the parents" (同)inadequacy
- (pathology) inability of a bodily part or organ to function normally
- lack of an adequate quantity or number; "the inadequacy of unemployment benefits" (同)inadequacy, deficiency
- mark with a scar; "The skin disease scarred his face permanently" (同)mark, pock, pit
- a mark left (usually on the skin) by the healing of injured tissue (同)cicatrix, cicatrice
- 《補語にのみ用いて》(物が)『乏しい』,不足した / 『まれな』,珍しい
- (長さ・時間・距離などが)『短い』,近い・(人が)『背が低い』・(数量・期間などが)不足の』,乏しい;目標(標準)に達しない・(文などが)『簡潔な』,手短な・『そっけない』,ぞんぞいな,無愛想な・(ケーキなどが)かりかりする,さくさくする・(母音・音節が)短い;(詩の行の母音が)強勢のない・急に,突然・短いもの;欠けているもの・短篇映画(short movie, short subject) ・=short circuit・《複数形で》不足,欠損 / …‘を'短絡させる,ショートさせる / 短絡する,ショートする
- 『まれな』,『珍しい』,めったにない / (空気などが)薄い,希薄な(thin) / 《話》すてきな,たいへんな
- 『餓死する』 / (…を)切望する,(…に)飢える《+『for』+『名』》 / 《話》空腹である,ひもじい / …‘を'飢え死にさせる / 〈人〉‘を'飢えさせる,腹ぺこにさせる / (…を)…‘に'切望させる,(…の)欠乏を感じさせる《+『名』+『for(of)』+『名』》
- 『ほとんど』…『ない』 / 『かろうじて』,やっと(barely) / 《not の遠回しな表現として》まさか(とうてい,おそらく)…ない
- (皮膚の)『傷跡』;(物の表面の)傷跡 / 心の傷跡,痛手;(名誉などを傷つける)汚点 / (植物の茎などに残る)葉印,葉痕(ようこん) / …‘に'傷跡を残す / 〈傷などが〉傷跡を残す《+『over』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Estimating prevalence of osteoporosis: examples from industrialized countries.
- Wade SW1, Strader C, Fitzpatrick LA, Anthony MS, O'Malley CD.
- Archives of osteoporosis.Arch Osteoporos.2014 Dec;9(1):182. doi: 10.1007/s11657-014-0182-3. Epub 2014 May 16.
- In nine industrialized countries in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia, country-specific osteoporosis prevalence (estimated from published data) at the total hip or hip/spine ranged from 9 to 38 % for women and 1 to 8 % for men. In these countries, osteoporosis affects up to 49 million in
- PMID 24847682
- Comparison of peripheral forearm DXA and clinical risk factor screening using FRAX® to assess the risk of HIV-associated low bone mass: a cross-sectional study.
- Short CE1, Shaw SG, Fisher MJ, Gilleece YC, Walker-Bone K.
- Archives of osteoporosis.Arch Osteoporos.2014 Dec;9(1):181. doi: 10.1007/s11657-014-0181-4. Epub 2014 May 14.
- There is growing awareness that HIV infection is associated with low bone mass and fracture. DXA is a relatively scarce resource. Therefore, we evaluated two tools: peripheral DXA (pDXA) at the forearm and Fracture Risk Assessment Tool (FRAX®) to see which performed best at identifying men who shou
- PMID 24847675
- Impact of power ultrasound on chemical and physicochemical quality indicators of strawberries dried by convection.
- Gamboa-Santos J1, Montilla A2, Soria AC3, Cárcel JA4, García-Pérez JV4, Villamiel M1.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Oct 15;161:40-6. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.03.106. Epub 2014 Mar 31.
- A study on the quality parameters of strawberries dehydrated by convection assisted by power ultrasound (US) at 40-70°C and 30 and 60W has been carried out for the first time. In general, the quality of US-treated samples was higher than that of commercial samples. Even under the most severe condit
- PMID 24837919
- Decoction, infusion and hydroalcoholic extract of Origanum vulgare L.: different performances regarding bioactivity and phenolic compounds.
- Martins N1, Barros L2, Santos-Buelga C3, Henriques M4, Silva S4, Ferreira IC5.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2014 Sep 1;158:73-80. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.02.099. Epub 2014 Feb 28.
- Bioactivity of oregano methanolic extracts and essential oils is well known. Nonetheless, reports using aqueous extracts are scarce, mainly decoction or infusion preparations used for therapeutic applications. Herein, the antioxidant and antibacterial activities, and phenolic compounds of the infusi
- PMID 24731316
- Recent progress toward synthesis of chlorosulfolipids: total synthesis and methodology
- Umezawa Taiki,Matsuda Fuyuhiko
- Tetrahedron Letters 55(19), 3003-3012, 2014-05-07
- … Although CSLs were first isolated in 1962, chemical synthesis of CSLs was hampered because relevant methods for stereoselective construction of the polychlorinated motifs of CSLs were scarce. …
- NAID 120005455893
- Prenatal exposure to perfluoroalkyl acids and allergic diseases in early childhood
- Okada Emiko,Sasaki Seiko,Kashino Ikuko,Matsuura Hideyuki,Miyashita Chihiro,Kobayashi Sumitaka,Itoh Kumiko,Ikeno Tamiko,Tamakoshi Akiko,Kishi Reiko
- Environment International 65, 127-134, 2014-04
- … However, epidemiological studies investigating the role of PFAAs, in particular PFAAs with longer chains than perfluorooctanoic acid, are scarce. …
- NAID 120005438265
- 平成の大合併における「一斉移行型」の住民自治組織再編の時系列的考察 ―岐阜県恵那市恵南地域を事例として―
- 萩原 和
- 地域イノベーション : Journal for Regional Policy Studies 6, 3-13, 2014-03-31
- … The results showed that in the Iwamura area, various organizations were working individually and that cooperation between each of the city planning boards was scarce. …
- NAID 120005435590
- A Case of Inflammatory Pseudotumor of the Breast after Augmentation Mammoplasty
- Ishizuna Kazuo,Ninomiya Jun,Kojima Makoto,Kawashima Miho,Nishibayashi Fumiko,Nozaki Miwako,Yamagishi Hidetsugu,Ueda Yoshihiko,Oya Masatoshi
- Dokkyo journal of medical sciences 41(1), 149-153, 2014-03-25
- … There were spindle cells with no atypia and scarce mitotic figures. …
- NAID 110009783356
- scarceとは。意味や和訳。[形]（scarc・er, scarc・est）1 ((主に叙述))(1) 〈食糧・金銭・生活必需品が〉不十分な, 乏しい（⇔plentiful）Food is still scarce in the region.その地域は食糧がまだ不足している.(2) 〈人が〉（食糧・金銭... - goo ...
- scarce adj. , scarcer , scarcest . Insufficient to meet a demand or requirement; short in supply: Fresh vegetables were scarce during the drought ... skârs) adj., scarc·er, scarc·est. Insufficient to meet a demand or requirement; short ...
- dearth、deficient、deficit、dysfunction、failing、failure、hypofunction、imperfecta、in short、inadequate、incompetence、insufficient、insufficiently、lack、low、malfunction、paucity、poorly、regurgitation、scanty、scarce、scarcity、short、shortage、shortness、stun
- absence, agenesis, dearth, defect, defective, deficient, deficit, delete, deletion, deletional, depletion, deprivation, deprive, lack, miss, missing, morphological defect, paucity, scarce, scarcity, starve
- agenesis, dearth, defect, defective, deficiency, deficient, deletion, deletional, depletion, deprivation, deprive, drawback, fault, flaw, in short, insufficiency, insufficient, lack, miss, missing, paucity, scarce, scarcity, short, shortage, shortness, starve
- deficit、lack、insufficiency、shortage、paucity、shortness、dearth、scarcity、insufficient、short、scarce、in short