- imperfect development; nondevelopment of a part (同)agenesia
- feel or suffer from the lack of; "He misses his mother"
- a failure to hit (or meet or find etc) (同)misfire
- fail to experience; "Fortunately, I missed the hurricane" (同)escape
- be without; "This soup lacks salt"; "There is something missing in my jewelry box!" (同)lack
- fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind; "I missed that remark"; "She missed his point"; "We lost part of what he said" (同)lose
- be absent; "The child had been missing for a week"
- fail to attend an event or activity; "I missed the concert"; "He missed school for a week"
- fail to reach or get to; "She missed her train"
- fail to reach; "The arrow missed the target"
- desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army; "If soldiers deserted Hitlers army, they were shot" (同)desert
- an imperfection in an object or machine; "a flaw caused the crystal to shatter"; "if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer" (同)fault, flaw
- an imperfection in a bodily system; "visual defects"; "this device permits detection of defects in the lungs"
- a failing or deficiency; "that interpretation is an unfortunate defect of our lack of information" (同)shortcoming
- (sports) the score by which a team or individual is losing
- a deficiency or failure in neurological or mental functioning; "the people concerned have a deficit in verbal memory"; "they have serious linguistic deficits"
- an excess of liabilities over assets (usually over a certain period); "last year there was a serious budgetary deficit"
- the property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required; "new blood vessels bud out from the already dilated vascular bed to make up the nutritional deficit" (同)shortage, shortfall
- inadequate in amount or degree; "a deficient education"; "deficient in common sense"; "lacking in stamina"; "tested and found wanting" (同)lacking, wanting
- falling short of some prescribed norm; "substandard housing" (同)inferior, substandard
- markedly subnormal in structure or function or intelligence or behavior; "defective speech"
- having a defect; "I returned the appliance because it was defective" (同)faulty
- an event capable of causing a mutation
- alternation of sexual and asexual generations (同)digenesis
- 〈C〉未婚婦人;《複数形で》少女(girl) / 《M-》《未婚婦人の姓・姓名の前に付けて》…『嬢』,…『さん』 / 《通例M-》《おもに英》《生徒が女の先生に対して》…先生 / 《通例M-》《単独で呼び掛けに用いて》お嬢さん;《ふざけて》おねえちゃん / 《M-》《おもに容姿端麗のため一国・一団の代表に選ばれた未婚女性に対して》ミス…
- 〈ボールなど〉‘を'『打ち損なう』,〈的(まと)など〉‘を'『外す』 / 〈人〉‘に'『会い損なう』,〈列車・船など〉‘を'『捕まえ損なう』;〈約束など〉‘に'間に合わない / …‘を'『見落とす』,見そこなう,見矢う / 〈物事〉‘を'『逃す』,逸する / 〈会合・学校など〉‘に'出席しない / …‘を'理解できない / …‘が'ない(いない)のを残念に思う / …‘が'ない(いない)のに気付く / …‘を'避ける,免れる(avoid, escape) / …‘を'欠く / …‘の'答えの間違う / 的(まと)を外れる,当たり損なう;受け損なう / (…で)失敗する《+『in』+『名』》 / 発火しない,点火しない / やり損ない,失敗(failure);免れること,回避(escape)
- 〈C〉『欠点』,弱点,欠陥 / 〈U〉〈C〉《古》不足,欠乏 / (国・党・主義などから)離脱する,裏切って出る《+『from』+『名』》;離反して(…に)転向する《+『to』+『名』》
- 『欠点のある』,欠陥のある / 欠けている,足りない,(知能的に)標準以下の / 精神障害者,身体障害者
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Fatty Acid synthase inhibitor c75 ameliorates experimental colitis.
- Matsuo S1, Yang WL2, Aziz M2, Kameoka S3, Wang P2.Author information 1Department of Surgery, Hofstra North Shore-Long Island Jewish School of Medicine, and The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York, United States of America Department of Surgery II, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Tokyo, Japan.2Department of Surgery, Hofstra North Shore-Long Island Jewish School of Medicine, and The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York, United States of America.3Department of Surgery II, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Tokyo, Japan.AbstractAbnormalities of lipid metabolism through overexpression of fatty acid synthase (FASN), which catalyzes the formation of long-chain fatty acids, are associated with the development of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). C75 is a synthetic α-methylene-γ-butyrolactone compound that inhibits FASN activity. We hypothesized that C75 treatment could effectively reduce the severity of experimental colitis. Male C57BL/6 mice were fed 4% dextran sodium sulfate (DSS) for 7 d. C75 (5 mg/kg body weight) or dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) (vehicle) was administered intraperitoneally from d 2 to 6. Clinical parameters were monitored daily. Mice were euthanized on d 8 for histological evaluation and measurements of colon length, chemokine, cytokine and inflammatory mediator expression. C75 significantly reduced body weight loss from 23% to 15% on d 8, compared with the vehicle group. The fecal bleeding, diarrhea and colon histological damage scores in the C75-treated group were significantly lower than scores in the vehicle animals. Colon shortening was significantly improved after C75 treatment. C75 protected colon tissues from DSS-induced apoptosis by inhibiting caspase-3 activity. Macrophage inflammatory protein 2, keratinocyte-derived chemokine, myeloperoxidase activity and proinflammatory cytokines (tumor necrosis factor-α, interleukin [IL]-1β and IL-6) in the colon were significantly downregulated in the C75-treated group, compared with the vehicle group. Treatment with C75 in colitis mice inhibited the elevation of FASN, cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression as well as IκB degradation in colon tissues. C75 administration alleviates the severity of colon damage and inhibits the activation of inflammatory pathways in DSS-induced colitis. Thus, inhibition of FASN may represent an attractive therapeutic potential for treating IBD.
- Molecular medicine (Cambridge, Mass.).Mol Med.2014 Dec 24;20(1):1-9. doi: 10.2119/molmed.2013.00113.
- Abnormalities of lipid metabolism through overexpression of fatty acid synthase (FASN), which catalyzes the formation of long-chain fatty acids, are associated with the development of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). C75 is a synthetic α-methylene-γ-butyrolactone compound that inhibits FASN activ
- PMID 24306512
- Silver nanoparticle-specific mitotoxicity in Daphnia magna.
- Stensberg MC, Madangopal R, Yale G, Wei Q, Ochoa-Acuña H, Wei A, McLamore ES, Rickus J, Porterfield DM, Sepúlveda MS.Author information Department of Agriculture and Biological Engineering, Purdue University , West Lafayette, IN , USA.AbstractSilver nanoparticles (Ag NPs) are gaining popularity as bactericidal agents in commercial products; however, the mechanisms of toxicity (MOT) of Ag NPs to other organisms are not fully understood. It is the goal of this research to determine differences in MOT induced by ionic Ag(+) and Ag NPs in Daphnia magna, by incorporating a battery of traditional and novel methods. Daphnia embryos were exposed to sublethal concentrations of AgNO3 and Ag NPs (130-650 ng/L), with uptake of the latter confirmed by confocal reflectance microscopy. Mitochondrial function was non-invasively monitored by measuring proton flux using self-referencing microsensors. Proton flux measurements revealed that while both forms of silver significantly affected proton efflux, the change induced by Ag NPs was greater than that of Ag(+). This could be correlated with the effects of Ag NPs on mitochondrial dysfunction, as determined by confocal fluorescence microscopy and JC-1, an indicator of mitochondrial permeability. However, Ag(+) was more efficient than Ag NPs at displacing Na(+) within embryonic Daphnia, based on inductively coupled plasma-mass spectroscopy (ICP-MS) analysis. The abnormalities in mitochondrial activity for Ag NP-exposed organisms suggest a nanoparticle-specific MOT, distinct from that induced by Ag ions. We propose that the MOT of each form of silver are complementary, and can act in synergy to produce a greater toxic response overall.
- Nanotoxicology.Nanotoxicology.2014 Dec;8(8):833-42. doi: 10.3109/17435390.2013.832430. Epub 2013 Sep 2.
- Silver nanoparticles (Ag NPs) are gaining popularity as bactericidal agents in commercial products; however, the mechanisms of toxicity (MOT) of Ag NPs to other organisms are not fully understood. It is the goal of this research to determine differences in MOT induced by ionic Ag(+) and Ag NPs in Da
- PMID 23927462
- Effects of mental rotation on acalculia: differences in the direction of mental rotation account for the differing characteristics of acalculia induced by right and left hemispheric brain injury.
- Asada T, Takayama Y, Oita J, Fukuyama H.Author information a Department of Brain Functional Imaging , Human Brain Research Center, Kyoto University, Graduate School of Medicine , Kyoto , Japan.AbstractWe observed a 59-year-old right-handed man with an infarction in his right-middle cerebral artery that included the parietal lobe, who abnormally manipulated mental images in the horizontal direction, resulting in calculation disturbances. Three years later, the patient suffered an infarction in the left parietal lobe and displayed abnormalities during the creation of mental images; i.e., he rotated them in the vertical direction, which again resulted in calculation disturbances. These mental imagery disturbances might indicate that a common acalculia mechanism exists between the right and left hemispheres.
- Neurocase.Neurocase.2014 Apr;20(2):163-74. doi: 10.1080/13554794.2012.741254. Epub 2013 Feb 15.
- We observed a 59-year-old right-handed man with an infarction in his right-middle cerebral artery that included the parietal lobe, who abnormally manipulated mental images in the horizontal direction, resulting in calculation disturbances. Three years later, the patient suffered an infarction in the
- PMID 23409730
- 横山 邦生,山田 誠,田中 秀一,伊藤 裕,川西 昌浩
- 脳卒中 37(3), 152-154, 2015
- 要旨：症例は63 歳男性で，右高血圧性被殻出血を発症し入院となった．保存的治療にて左半身麻痺は改善したが，入院加療中に施行した3DCTA および脳血管撮影で左内頸動脈は頸動脈分岐部より欠損し左頸動脈管は無形成であった．両側の前大脳動脈は右前大脳動脈起始部より分枝しており，右A1-A2 junction に未破裂動脈瘤を伴った．慢性期にコイル塞栓術を施行し，経過に問題なく独歩退院となった．内頸動脈欠 …
- NAID 130005072683
- 村上 孟司,日高 庸博,城戸 咲,福嶋 恒太郎,永田 公二,田口 智章,加藤 聖子
- 超音波医学 42(3), 353-358, 2015
- 先天性横隔膜ヘルニア胎児の肺低形成を超音波で評価するにあたって，肺胸郭断面積比（lung-to-thorax transverse ratio: LTR）や肺断面積児頭周囲長比（lung area to head circumference ratio: LHR）が用いられるが，これらの指標は健側肺がターゲットであり，患側肺は考慮しない．今回，胎児期に左横隔膜ヘルニアと診断，LTRやLHRは低値で …
- NAID 130005071355
- See-through Brains and Diffusion Tensor MRI Clarified Fiber Connections: A Preliminary Microstructural Study in a Mouse with Callosal Agenesis
- KEREVER Aurelien,KAMAGATA Koji,YOKOSAWA Suguru,OTAKE Yosuke,OCHI Hisaaki,YAMADA Taihei,HORI Masaaki,KAMIYA Kouhei,NISHIKORI Akira,AOKI Shigeki,ARIKAWA-HIRASAWA Eri
- Magnetic Resonance in Medical Sciences 14(2), 159-162, 2015
- … We confirmed corpus callosum agenesis and identified an abnormal commissure close to the third ventricle. …
- NAID 130005069924
- noun Pathology. 1. absence of or failed development of a body part. 2. sterility; impotence; barrenness. Also, a·ge·ne·sia / ˌeɪ dʒəˈni ʒə, -ʒi ə, -si ə / Show Spelled [ey-j uh-nee-zh uh, -zhee-uh, -see-uh] Show IPA. Origin: 1850–55; Neo-Latin; ...
- 脳梁欠損症または形成不全 agenesis or dysgenesis of the corpus callosum 脳梁とは，このイラストの→で示した部分です。脳梁は，左右の大脳を連絡している神経繊維の束と言って良いでしょう。 他の奇形に合併して見られることも良く ...
- aberrant、aberrantly、aberration、abnormal、abnormality、abnormally、absence、agenesis、anomalous、anomalously、anomaly、defective、deficiency、deficient、deficit、deletion、deletional、deviant、drawback、extraordinarily、extraordinary、fault、flaw、inadequacy、miss、missing、morphological defect、shortcoming、unusual、unusually、weakness
- absence, agenesis, dearth, defect, defective, deficient, deficit, delete, deletion, deletional, depletion, deprivation, deprive, lack, miss, missing, morphological defect, paucity, scarce, scarcity, starve
- agenesis, dearth, defect, defective, deficiency, deficient, deletion, deletional, depletion, deprivation, deprive, drawback, fault, flaw, in short, insufficiency, insufficient, lack, miss, missing, paucity, scarce, scarcity, short, shortage, shortness, starve
- insertional activation、insertional mutagenesis
- gonadal dysgenesis