- agenesis, dearth, defect, defective, deficiency, deficient, deletion, deletional, depletion, deprivation, deprive, drawback, fault, flaw, in short, insufficiency, insufficient, lack, miss, missing, paucity, scarce, scarcity, short, shortage, shortness, starve
- (sports) the score by which a team or individual is losing
- a deficiency or failure in neurological or mental functioning; "the people concerned have a deficit in verbal memory"; "they have serious linguistic deficits"
- an excess of liabilities over assets (usually over a certain period); "last year there was a serious budgetary deficit"
- the property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required; "new blood vessels bud out from the already dilated vascular bed to make up the nutritional deficit" (同)shortage, shortfall
- without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold; "he made his fortune by selling short just before the crash"
- the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- low in stature; not tall; "he was short and stocky"; "short in stature"; "a short smokestack"; "a little man" (同)little
- lacking foresight or scope; "a short view of the problem"; "shortsighted policies"; "shortsighted critics derided the plan"; "myopic thinking" (同)shortsighted, unforesightful, myopic
- at a disadvantage; "I was caught short" (同)unawares
- (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length; "short skirts"; "short hair"; "the board was a foot short"; "a short toss"
- at some point or distance before a goal is reached; "he fell short of our expectations"
- clean across; "the cars axle snapped short"
- not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices; "a short sale"; "short in cotton"
- of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration; "the English vowel sounds in `pat, `pet, `pit, `pot, putt are short"
- primarily temporal sense; indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration; "a short life"; "a short flight"; "a short holiday"; "a short story"; "only a few short months"
- so as to interrupt; "She took him up short before he could continue"
- tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening; "shortbread is a short crumbly cookie"; "a short flaky pie crust"
- feel or suffer from the lack of; "He misses his mother"
- a failure to hit (or meet or find etc) (同)misfire
- fail to experience; "Fortunately, I missed the hurricane" (同)escape
- be without; "This soup lacks salt"; "There is something missing in my jewelry box!" (同)lack
- fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind; "I missed that remark"; "She missed his point"; "We lost part of what he said" (同)lose
- be absent; "The child had been missing for a week"
- fail to attend an event or activity; "I missed the concert"; "He missed school for a week"
- fail to reach or get to; "She missed her train"
- fail to reach; "The arrow missed the target"
- desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army; "If soldiers deserted Hitlers army, they were shot" (同)desert
- an imperfection in an object or machine; "a flaw caused the crystal to shatter"; "if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer" (同)fault, flaw
- an imperfection in a bodily system; "visual defects"; "this device permits detection of defects in the lungs"
- a failing or deficiency; "that interpretation is an unfortunate defect of our lack of information" (同)shortcoming
- (sports) a serve that is illegal (e.g., that lands outside the prescribed area); "he served too many double faults"
- responsibility for a bad situation or event; "it was Johns fault"
- (geology) a crack in the earths crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other; "they built it right over a geological fault"; "he studied the faulting of the earths crust" (同)faulting, geological fault, shift, fracture, break
- (electronics) equipment failure attributable to some defect in a circuit (loose connection or insulation failure or short circuit etc.); "it took much longer to find the fault than to fix it"
- deprive of a necessity and cause suffering; "he is starving her of love"; "The engine was starved of fuel"
- deprive of food; "They starved the prisoners" (同)famish
- die of food deprivation; "The political prisoners starved to death"; "Many famished in the countryside during the drought" (同)famish
- be hungry; go without food; "Lets eat--Im starving!" (同)hunger, famish
- an excess of imports over exports
- 余り,余剰 / 剰余金 / 余った,過剰の
- (長さ・時間・距離などが)『短い』,近い・(人が)『背が低い』・(数量・期間などが)不足の』,乏しい;目標(標準)に達しない・(文などが)『簡潔な』,手短な・『そっけない』,ぞんぞいな,無愛想な・(ケーキなどが)かりかりする,さくさくする・(母音・音節が)短い;(詩の行の母音が)強勢のない・急に,突然・短いもの;欠けているもの・短篇映画(short movie, short subject) ・=short circuit・《複数形で》不足,欠損 / …‘を'短絡させる,ショートさせる / 短絡する,ショートする
- 〈C〉未婚婦人;《複数形で》少女(girl) / 《M-》《未婚婦人の姓・姓名の前に付けて》…『嬢』,…『さん』 / 《通例M-》《おもに英》《生徒が女の先生に対して》…先生 / 《通例M-》《単独で呼び掛けに用いて》お嬢さん;《ふざけて》おねえちゃん / 《M-》《おもに容姿端麗のため一国・一団の代表に選ばれた未婚女性に対して》ミス…
- 〈ボールなど〉‘を'『打ち損なう』,〈的(まと)など〉‘を'『外す』 / 〈人〉‘に'『会い損なう』,〈列車・船など〉‘を'『捕まえ損なう』;〈約束など〉‘に'間に合わない / …‘を'『見落とす』,見そこなう,見矢う / 〈物事〉‘を'『逃す』,逸する / 〈会合・学校など〉‘に'出席しない / …‘を'理解できない / …‘が'ない(いない)のを残念に思う / …‘が'ない(いない)のに気付く / …‘を'避ける,免れる(avoid, escape) / …‘を'欠く / …‘の'答えの間違う / 的(まと)を外れる,当たり損なう;受け損なう / (…で)失敗する《+『in』+『名』》 / 発火しない,点火しない / やり損ない,失敗(failure);免れること,回避(escape)
- 〈C〉『欠点』,弱点,欠陥 / 〈U〉〈C〉《古》不足,欠乏 / (国・党・主義などから)離脱する,裏切って出る《+『from』+『名』》;離反して(…に)転向する《+『to』+『名』》
- 〈C〉『欠点』,短所(defect) / 〈C〉『誤り』,落ち度 / 〈U〉(過失の)『責任』,罪 / 〈C〉断層(地層の食い違い) / 〈C〉フォールト(テニスなどでサーブの失敗) / …‘の'あら捜しをする / あやまちを犯す / 断層を生じる
- 『餓死する』 / (…を)切望する,(…に)飢える《+『for』+『名』》 / 《話》空腹である,ひもじい / …‘を'飢え死にさせる / 〈人〉‘を'飢えさせる,腹ぺこにさせる / (…を)…‘に'切望させる,(…の)欠乏を感じさせる《+『名』+『for(of)』+『名』》
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Amphetamine and other pharmacological agents in human and animal studies of recovery from stroke.
- Walker-Batson D1, Mehta J2, Smith P3, Johnson M4.
- Progress in neuro-psychopharmacology & biological psychiatry.Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry.2016 Jan 4;64:225-30. doi: 10.1016/j.pnpbp.2015.04.002. Epub 2015 Apr 18.
- Neuromodulation with pharmacological agents, including drugs of abuse such as amphetamine, when paired with behavioral experience, has been shown to positively modify outcomes in animal models of stroke. A number of clinical studies have tested the efficacy of a variety of drugs to enhance recovery
- PMID 25896190
- The neuroprotective potential of low-dose methamphetamine in preclinical models of stroke and traumatic brain injury.
- Rau T1, Ziemniak J2, Poulsen D3.
- Progress in neuro-psychopharmacology & biological psychiatry.Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry.2016 Jan 4;64:231-6. doi: 10.1016/j.pnpbp.2015.02.013. Epub 2015 Feb 25.
- Methamphetamine is a psychostimulant that was initially synthesized in 1920. Since then it has been used to treat attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD), obesity and narcolepsy. However, methamphetamine has also become a major drug of abuse worldwide. Under conditions of abuse, which involve
- PMID 25724762
- Deviant white matter structure in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder points to aberrant myelination and affects neuropsychological performance.
- Onnink AM1, Zwiers MP2, Hoogman M3, Mostert JC4, Dammers J1, Kan CC5, Vasquez AA6, Schene AH5, Buitelaar J7, Franke B8.
- Progress in neuro-psychopharmacology & biological psychiatry.Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry.2015 Dec 3;63:14-22. doi: 10.1016/j.pnpbp.2015.04.008. Epub 2015 May 5.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in childhood is characterized by gray and white matter abnormalities in several brain areas. Considerably less is known about white matter microstructure in adults with ADHD and its relation with clinical symptoms and cognitive performance. In 107 adul
- PMID 25956761
- Carbon dioxide fluxes from contrasting ecosystems in the Sudanian Savanna in West Africa.
- Quansah E1, Mauder M2, Balogun AA3, Amekudzi LK4, Hingerl L5, Bliefernicht J5, Kunstmann H6.
- Carbon balance and management.Carbon Balance Manag.2015 Jan 13;10(1):1. eCollection 2015.
- BACKGROUND: The terrestrial land surface in West Africa is made up of several types of savanna ecosystems differing in land use changes which modulate gas exchanges between their vegetation and the overlying atmosphere. This study compares diurnal and seasonal estimates of CO2 fluxes from three cont
- PMID 25632297
- A model relating transpiration for Japanese cedar and cypress plantations with stand structure
- Komatsu Hikaru,Shinohara Yoshinori,Kumagai Tomo'omi,Kume Tomonori,Tsuruta Kenji,Xiang Yang,Ichihashi Ryuji,Tateishi Makiko,Shimizu Takanori,Miyazawa Yoshiyuki,Nogata Mari,Laplace Sophie,Han Tseng,Chiu Chen-Wei,Ogura Akira,Saito Takami,Otsuki Kyoichi
- Forest Ecology and Management 334, 301-312, 2014-12-15
- … We expressed E using the simplified Penman–Monteith equation and modeled canopy conductance (G[c]) as a product of reference G[c] (G[cref]) when vapor pressure deficit is 1.0 kPa and functions expressing the responses of G[c] to meteorological factors. …
- NAID 120005511086
- Brain Science(126)老年期発達障害の精神医学的研究に関する現状
- 症例 成人期の自閉症スペクトラム障害と注意欠陥多動性障害の合併例に対してatomoxetineが有効であった1例
- プログレッシブ英和中辞典(第4版) - /défsit/[名]1 不足額；欠損, 赤字, 債務超過（⇔surplus）a deficit in revenue｜歳入の不足a deficit budget｜赤字予算a deficit country｜（国際収支統計の）赤字国a deficit of 10 million ...
- Deficit definition, the amount by which a sum of money falls short of the required amount. See more. Dictionary.com Word of the Day Translate Games Blog Thesaurus.com Apps Favorites Log Out Log In follow Dictionary.com ...
- deficit 【名】 〔収入を越えて支出した〕赤字額 〔目標値などに対する〕不足額... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- aberrant、aberrantly、aberration、abnormal、abnormality、abnormally、absence、agenesis、anomalous、anomalously、anomaly、defective、deficiency、deficient、deficit、deletion、deletional、deviant、drawback、extraordinarily、extraordinary、fault、flaw、inadequacy、miss、missing、morphological defect、shortcoming、unusual、unusually、weakness
- dearth、deficient、deficit、dysfunction、failing、failure、hypofunction、imperfecta、in short、inadequate、incompetence、insufficient、insufficiently、lack、low、malfunction、paucity、poorly、regurgitation、scanty、scarce、scarcity、short、shortage、shortness、stun
- neurologic deficit
- neurologic deficits may accompany dissection into the carotid vessels.(PHD.355)
- focal neurologic deficit、nerve damage、nervous system disorder、neurologic disorder、neurologic dysfunction、neurologic finding、neurologic manifestation、neurologic sign、neurologic signs and symptoms、neurologic symptom、neurological deficit、neurological disorder、neurological manifestation、neuropathic、neuropathy
- absence, agenesis, dearth, defect, defective, deficient, deficit, delete, deletion, deletional, depletion, deprivation, deprive, lack, miss, missing, morphological defect, paucity, scarce, scarcity, starve
リンド、RIND reversible ischemic neurological deficit。完全回復性脳卒中 stroke with full recovery
- oppositional defiant disorder