- beyond what is ordinary or usual; highly unusual or exceptional or remarkable; "extraordinary authority"; "an extraordinary achievement"; "her extraordinary beauty"; "enjoyed extraordinary popularity"; "an extraordinary capacity for work"; "an extraordinary session of the legislature"
- far more than usual or expected; "an extraordinary desire for approval"; "it was an over-the-top experience" (同)over-the-top, sinful
- (of an official) serving an unusual or special function in addition to those of the regular officials; "an ambassador extraordinary"
- desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army; "If soldiers deserted Hitlers army, they were shot" (同)desert
- an imperfection in an object or machine; "a flaw caused the crystal to shatter"; "if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer" (同)fault, flaw
- an imperfection in a bodily system; "visual defects"; "this device permits detection of defects in the lungs"
- a failing or deficiency; "that interpretation is an unfortunate defect of our lack of information" (同)shortcoming
- markedly different from an accepted norm; "aberrant behavior"; "deviant ideas" (同)deviant, deviate
- one whose behavior departs substantially from the norm of a group
- marked strangeness as a consequence of being abnormal (同)freakishness
- behavior that breaches the rule or etiquette or custom or morality (同)irregularity
- an abnormal physical condition resulting from defective genes or developmental deficiencies (同)abnormalcy
- retardation sufficient to fall outside the normal range of intelligence (同)mental defectiveness
- much greater than the normal; "abnormal profits"; "abnormal ambition"
- not normal; not typical or usual or regular or conforming to a norm; "abnormal powers of concentration"; "abnormal amounts of rain"; "abnormal circumstances"; "an abnormal interest in food" (同)unnatural
- departing from the normal in e.g. intelligence and development; "they were heartbroken when they learned their child was abnormal"; "an abnormal personality"
- not usual or common or ordinary; "a scene of unusual beauty"; "a man of unusual ability"; "cruel and unusual punishment"; "an unusual meteorite"
- not commonly encountered; "two-career families are no longer unusual"
- 『並はずれた』;異常な / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『特別の』,臨時の
- 〈C〉『欠点』,弱点,欠陥 / 〈U〉〈C〉《古》不足,欠乏 / (国・党・主義などから)離脱する,裏切って出る《+『from』+『名』》;離反して(…に)転向する《+『to』+『名』》
- 〈U〉異常,変則 / 〈U〉異常なもの(事件)
- 『普通でない』,異常な;まれな,珍しい(rare) / 独特の,特有の
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- New insights in the activity of voltage sensitive phosphatases.
- Villalba-Galea CA.AbstractThe Ciona intestinalis voltage sensitive phosphatase (Ci-VSP) was the first proven enzyme to be under direct control of the membrane potential. Ci-VSP belongs to a family of proteins known as Protein Tyrosine Phosphatases (PTP), which are a group of enzymes that catalyze the removal of phosphate groups from phosphatidylinositides and phosphorylated tyrosine residues on proteins. What makes Ci-VSP and similar phosphatases unique is the presence of a Voltage Sensing Domain (VSD) in their N-terminus. The VSD of Ci-VSP shares high homology with those from voltage-gated channels and confers voltage sensitivity to these enzymes. The catalytic domain of Ci-VSP displays extraordinary structural and functional similarities to PTEN. This latter protein is encoded by the Phosphatase and Tensin homolog deleted from chromosome 10 gene, thus its name, and it is known as a tumor suppressor. The resemblance between these proteins has prompted the use of PTEN as a template for the study of Ci-VSP and produced a rapid advance in our understanding of the mechanism of activity of Ci-VSP. This review will be focused on discussing recent advances in the understanding of the activation mechanism for these molecules known as electrochemical coupling.
- Cellular signalling.Cell Signal.2012 Aug;24(8):1541-7. Epub 2012 Mar 28.
- The Ciona intestinalis voltage sensitive phosphatase (Ci-VSP) was the first proven enzyme to be under direct control of the membrane potential. Ci-VSP belongs to a family of proteins known as Protein Tyrosine Phosphatases (PTP), which are a group of enzymes that catalyze the removal of phosphate gro
- PMID 22481094
- Predicting the solubility-permeability interplay when using cyclodextrins in solubility-enabling formulations: Model validation.
- Miller JM, Dahan A.SourceDepartment of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva 84105, Israel.
- International journal of pharmaceutics.Int J Pharm.2012 Jul 1;430(1-2):388-91. Epub 2012 Mar 23.
- Although the extraordinary solubility advantage afforded by cyclodextrins has led to their widespread use as pharmaceutical solubilizers, several reports have emerged that cyclodextrins may also reduce the apparent permeability of the drug. With the purpose to investigate this solubility-permeabilit
- PMID 22465550
- R. J. Gordon's Discovery of the Spotted Hyena's Extraordinary Genitalia in 1777.
- Funk H.Source, Paderborn, Germany, email@example.com.
- Journal of the history of biology.J Hist Biol.2012 Summer;45(2):301-28.
- In the history of zoology the English anatomist Morrison Watson (1845-1885) is considered to be the discoverer of the masculinized sexual organs of the spotted hyena. Beginning in 1877, Watson had published a series of anatomical studies on the spotted hyena (Watson, 1877, 1878, 1881, Watson and You
- PMID 21633812
- Strict perpendicular orientation of neural crest-derived neurons in vitro is dependent on an extracellular gradient of voltage.
- Pan L, Borgens RB.SourceCenter for Paralysis Research, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.
- Journal of neuroscience research.J Neurosci Res.2012 Jul;90(7):1335-46. doi: 10.1002/jnr.22809. Epub 2012 Mar 19.
- We report extraordinary perpendicular orientations of neurons dependent on the presence of an external direct current (DC) voltage gradient. We chose chick dorsal root and postganglionic sympathetic neurons to evaluate. These were cultured in observation chambers in which the cells were separated fr
- PMID 22431311
- Narrow-linewidth and stable-frequency light source for laser cooling of magnesium fluoride molecules
- Yin Yanning,Xia Yong,Li Xingjia,Yang Xiuxiu,Xu Supeng,Yin Jianping
- Appl. Phys. Express 8(9), 092701, 2015-08-25
- … scheme to their reference resonators, which are then length-locked to a helium-neon (HeNe) laser through a transfer cavity, we obtain two lasers with a narrow linewidth of ∼6 kHz and an extraordinary long-term frequency stability of ±2.8 MHz. …
- NAID 150000111241
- Polarization-selective directional coupler using Ti-indiffused MgO:LiNbO
- Seo Hiroshi,Suhara Toshiaki
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 54(5), 058001, 2015-04-22
- … Ti-indiffused MgO:LiNbO<inf>3</inf>(MgO:LN) waveguides for telecom wavelength band confine extraordinary light much more strongly than ordinary light. …
- NAID 150000110582
- 武田 秀美,タケダ ヒデミ,Hidemi TAKEDA
- 清泉女子大学人文科学研究所紀要 36, 81-101, 2015-03-31
- … Pilgrim's Inn is an excellent piece of writing by an author with extraordinary aptitude, sensibility and creativity, with a deep underlying theme of those elements most important to human beings ― thoughtfulness and love towards others ― as well as the salvation of Buddhism, based on a sincere look at "raw" humanity and a deep understanding and knowledge of Buddhism. …
- NAID 120005610141
- Optical characterization of Al- and N-polar AlN waveguides for integrated optics
- Rigler Martin,Buh Jože,Hoffmann Marc,Kirste Ronny,Bobea Milena,Mita Seiji,Gerhold Michael,Collazo Ramon,Sitar Zlatko,Zgonik Marko
- Appl. Phys. Express 8(4), 042603, 2015-03-24
- … Dispersion of the extraordinary and ordinary refractive indices of Al- and N-polar AlN waveguides is measured by multiple angle-of-incidence and spectroscopic ellipsometry techniques. …
- NAID 150000110369
- We are ordinary people acting purely on reflex in an Extraordinary world. … 僕たちは異常な世界で反射に対して純粋に振る舞っている普通の人間なんだ. >>Enter. This Website is Japanese only. Webmaster:Sasaki Kazana ©2003-2009 / Kazana all ...
- 状況. ドッター・グラフィッカーとして企画に携わって頂ける方を募集しています。 メンバー 募集については、開発者共通ブログに記載しています。 5／6. 社会人になりましたよ。 風奈です。 就職に伴って環境がかなり変わりました。兵庫県から新潟県に引っ越したり 。
- ab 'away, from' + errare 'to stray' -> aberrant 'wandering away'
- Autosomal dominant dRTA results from mutations involving the chloride-bicarbonate exchanger AE1, the gateway for bicarbonate exit into the blood. Anion exchange by the mutant AE1 is normal, but aberrant targeting of AE1 from the basal to apical plasma membrane is believed to cause bicarbonate loss into the urine instead of recovery.(HIM.1085)
- aberrant、aberrantly、aberration、abnormal、abnormality、abnormally、absence、agenesis、anomalous、anomalously、anomaly、defective、deficiency、deficient、deficit、deletion、deletional、deviant、drawback、extraordinarily、extraordinary、fault、flaw、inadequacy、miss、missing、morphological defect、shortcoming、unusual、unusually、weakness
- it is not unusual for CK levels to remain elevated in the absence of myoglobinuria.(よくある or 珍しいことではない)
- aberrant, aberrantly, aberration, abnormal, abnormality, abnormally, anomalous, anomalously, anomaly, defect, deviant, extraordinarily, extraordinary, rare, uncommon, unique, unusually
- aberrant, aberrantly, abnormal, abnormality, abnormally, anomalous, anomalously, anomaly, defect, departure, deviant, deviate, deviation, diverge, escape, extraordinarily, extraordinary, prolapse, unusual, unusually