- the apical end of the style where deposited pollen enters the pistil
- a skin lesion that is a diagnostic sign of some disease
- an external tracheal aperture in a terrestrial arthropod
- place signs, as along a road; "sign an intersection"; "This road has been signed"
- (medicine) any objective evidence of the presence of a disorder or disease; "there were no signs of asphyxiation"
- a perceptible indication of something not immediately apparent (as a visible clue that something has happened); "he showed signs of strain"; "they welcomed the signs of spring" (同)mark
- a character indicating a relation between quantities; "dont forget the minus sign"
- a fundamental linguistic unit linking a signifier to that which is signified; "The bond between the signifier and the signified is arbitrary"--de Saussure
- a gesture that is part of a sign language
- a public display of a message; "he posted signs in all the shop windows"
- engage by written agreement; "They signed two new pitchers for the next season" (同)contract, sign on, sign_up
- approve and express assent, responsibility, or obligation; "All parties ratified the peace treaty"; "Have you signed your contract yet?" (同)ratify
- communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs; "He signed his disapproval with a dismissive hand gesture"; "The diner signaled the waiters to bring the menu" (同)signal, signalize, signalise
- mark with ones signature; write ones name (on); "She signed the letter and sent it off"; "Please sign here" (同)subscribe
- be engaged by a written agreement; "He signed to play the casino on Dec. 18"; "The soprano signed to sing the new opera"
- communicate in sign language; "I dont know how to sign, so I could not communicate with my deaf cousin"
- mark with a spot or spots so as to allow easy recognition; "spot the areas that one should clearly identify"
- a small piece or quantity of something; "a spot of tea"; "a bit of paper"; "a bit of lint"; "I gave him a bit of my mind" (同)bit
- a small contrasting part of something; "a bald spot"; "a leopards spots"; "a patch of clouds"; "patches of thin ice"; "a fleck of red" (同)speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation
- a business establishment for entertainment; "night spot"
- a playing card with a specified number of pips on it to indicate its value; "an eight-spot"
- a mark on a die or on a playing card (shape depending on the suit) (同)pip
- a section of an entertainment that is assigned to a specific performer or performance; "they changed his spot on the program"
- a short section or illustration (as between radio or tv programs or in a magazine) that is often used for advertising
- make a spot or mark onto; "The wine spotted the tablecloth" (同)fleck, blob, blot
- detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I cant make out the faces in this photograph" (同)recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make_out, tell apart
- become spotted; "This dress spots quickly"
- run with the ball, in football
- grasslike plants growing in wet places and having cylindrical often hollow stems
- (American football) an attempt to advance the ball by running into the line; "the linebackers were ready to stop a rush" (同)rushing
- a sudden forceful flow (同)spate, surge, upsurge
- a sudden burst of activity; "come back after the rush"
- act or move at high speed; "We have to rush!"; "hurry--its late!" (同)hasten, hurry, look sharp, festinate
- move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street" (同)hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- urge to an unnatural speed; "Dont rush me, please!" (同)hurry
- done under pressure; "a rush job" (同)rushed
- attack suddenly
- the act of indicating or pointing out by name (同)denotation
- something that serves to indicate or suggest; "an indication of foul play"; "indications of strain"; "symptoms are the prime indicants of disease" (同)indicant
- (medicine) a reason to prescribe a drug or perform a procedure; "the presence of bacterial infection was an indication for the use of antibiotics"
- something (as a course of action) that is indicated as expedient or necessary; "there were indications that it was time to leave"
- mark with spots or blotches of different color or shades of color as if stained (同)streak, blotch
- an irregular arrangement of patches of color; "it was not dull grey as distance had suggested, but a mottle of khaki and black and olive-green"
- colour with streaks or blotches of different shades (同)dapple, cloud
- marks resembling the wounds on the crucified body of Christ
- of or relating to a defect in the eye or in a lens caused by a deviation from spherical curvature which prevents light rays from meeting at a common focus and so results in distorted images
- compound lens or lens system designed to be free of astigmatism and able to form approximately point images
- a genus of erect or climbing shrubs found in tropical South America (同)genus Trichostigma
- 汚名,恥辱 / 柱頭(めしべの頂) / 《複数形で》聖痕(せいこん)(はりつけにされたキリストの体の傷と類似した傷跡)
- (ある事実・状態・感情などの)『表れ』,印,気配,徴侯(indication);(…の)こん跡,計跡《+『of』+『名』》・『身ぶり』,手まね,合図 / 『標識』,看板 / (数学・音楽などの)記号 / (…の)『象徴』,シンボル(symbol)《+『of』+『名』》・《文》(…の)『前兆』,きざし《+『of』+『名』》・宮(きゅう)(黄道12区分の一つ) ・〈手紙・書類・作品など〉‘に'『署名する』・(…に)〈名前など〉‘を'書く《+『名』+『on』(『to』)+『名』》 / …‘を'雇う契約に署名する・…‘を'合図する,知らせる;…に合図する・署名する・契約書に署名して雇われる
- 『斑点』(はんてん),まだら,ぶち;(太陽の)黒点 / 『しみ』,よごれ;吹出物,にきび / (…に対する)汚名,汚点《+『on』+『名』》 / 『場所』,地点;部分,箇所 / (順序・組織における)位置;立場,おかれた状況 / 《a spot》《英話》(…の)少量,ちょっぴり(の…);(…の)1杯《+『of』+『名』》 / (ラジオ・テレビ番組の)構成区分 / …‘を'『しみで汚す』,‘に'汚れをつける;…‘に'斑点(はんてん)をつける,‘を'まだら(ぶち)にする;( …で)…‘に'しみ(斑点)をつける《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 〈人格・名声など〉‘を'汚す,傷つける / (特定の場所に)…‘を'置く,配置する / …‘を'見つける;(…だと)…‘を'見抜く《+『名』+『as』(『for』)+『名』》 / 〈インクなどが〉『しみになる』;〈布などが〉汚れる / 即座になされる,即時払いの(引き渡しの) / 現場での,現地の / (ラジオ・テレビで)番組の間に放送される / ちょうど,ぴったり(exactly)
- 《方向を表す副詞[句]を伴って》『突進する』,速く(急いで)動く / (ある事を)『性急に』(『軽率に』)『する』《+『to』(『at』)+『名』,+『into』+『名』(doing)》 / 《方向を表す副詞[句]を伴って》…‘を'『速く』(『急いで』)『送る』(『運ぶ』,『動かす』) / 〈事〉‘を'『性急に』(『軽率に』)『する』 / 〈人〉‘を'せき立てる,駆り立てる / …‘を'急襲する,突破する / 〈C〉(…の)『突進』,(…が)速く(急いで)動くこと,どっと押し寄せること《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈U〉『忙しさ』,目まぐるしさ / 〈C〉注文(需要)が殺到すること / 〈C〉《複数形で》(映画のフィルムの編成で)ラッシュ(カットされていない最初のフィルム) / 急を要する
- 〈U〉(…を)指摘(指示,表示)すること《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉〈U〉表れ,徴候
- 《受動態で》…‘を'まだらにする,ぶちにする / ぶち,まだら,斑(はんてん)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Experiences of young adults growing up with innate or early acquired HIV infection - a qualitative study.
- Rydström LL, Ygge BM, Tingberg B, Navèr L, Eriksson LE.SourceDivision of Nursing, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden; Karolinska University Hospital and Department of Women's and Children's Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Journal of advanced nursing.J Adv Nurs.2013 Jun;69(6):1357-65. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.06127.x. Epub 2012 Aug 22.
- AIM: To explore the experience of young adults growing up and living with HIV in urban Sweden.BACKGROUND: HIV has become a widespread pandemic. Effective antiretroviral treatment has dramatically increased the survival rate of infected individuals, such that HIV infection is currently considered a c
- PMID 22909297
- Performance of the duke religion index and the spiritual well-being scale in online samples of men who have sex with men.
- Wilkerson JM, Smolensk DJ, Brady SS, Rosser BR.SourceDivision of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, 1300 S. 2nd Street, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN, 55454, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Journal of religion and health.J Relig Health.2013 Jun;52(2):610-21. doi: 10.1007/s10943-012-9594-9.
- Religiosity is associated with behaviors that reduce the risk of HIV/STI infection among general-population and heterosexual-specific samples. Whether this association is similar to homosexual persons is unknown. Measures of religiosity have not been evaluated psychometrically among men who have sex
- PMID 22441843
- The provider perception inventory: Psychometrics of a scale designed to measure provider stigma about HIV, substance abuse, and MSM behavior.
- Windsor LC, Benoit E, Ream GL, Forenza B.Sourcea School of Social Work, Rutgers: The State University of New Jersey , New Brunswick , NJ , USA.
- AIDS care.AIDS Care.2013 May;25(5):586-91. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2012.726338. Epub 2012 Oct 19.
- Abstract Nongay identified men who have sex with men and women (NGI MSMW) and who use alcohol and other drugs are a vulnerable, understudied, and undertreated population. Little is known about the stigma faced by this population or about the way that health service providers view and serve these sti
- PMID 23082899
- Predictors of willingness to use HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis among female sex workers in Southwest China.
- Jackson T, Huang A, Chen H, Gao X, Zhang Y, Zhong X.Sourcea Key Laboratory of Cognition & Personality , Southwest University , Chongqing , China.
- AIDS care.AIDS Care.2013 May;25(5):601-5. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2012.726341. Epub 2012 Oct 15.
- Abstract This research examined predictors of willingness to use pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) among female sex workers (FSW) in Southwest China. The final sample included 395 women (mean age=26.73 years, SD=6.74 years) who were predominantly of Han majority ethnicity (84.6%) and had completed mid
- PMID 23062151
- IPS(Individual Placement and Support : 個別職業紹介とサポート)援助つき雇用 (特集 リカバリー達成のために効果的なアプローチ)
- リカバリーを目指すために配慮すべきこと (特集 リカバリー達成のために効果的なアプローチ)
- noun, plural stigmata [stig-muh-tuh, stig-mah-tuh, -mat-uh] ), stigmas. 1. a mark of disgrace or infamy; a stain or reproach, as on one's reputation. 2. Medicine ...
- Medical Definition of STIGMA . 1: an identifying mark or characteristic; specifically: a specific diagnostic sign of a disease <the stigmata of syphilis>
- Mental health: Overcoming the stigma of mental illness. False beliefs about mental illness can cause significant problems. Learn what you can do about stigma.
- Management of children with MDS is symptomatic.
- calabar bean、physostigma venenosum
- calabar bean、Physostigma