- relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area; "local taxes"; "local authorities"
- public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops; "the local seemed to take forever to get to New York"
- affecting only a restricted part or area of the body; "local anesthesia"
- of or belonging to or characteristic of a particular locality or neighborhood; "local customs"; "local schools"; "the local citizens"; "a local point of view"; "local outbreaks of flu"; "a local bus line"
- mark with a spot or spots so as to allow easy recognition; "spot the areas that one should clearly identify"
- a small piece or quantity of something; "a spot of tea"; "a bit of paper"; "a bit of lint"; "I gave him a bit of my mind" (同)bit
- a small contrasting part of something; "a bald spot"; "a leopards spots"; "a patch of clouds"; "patches of thin ice"; "a fleck of red" (同)speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation
- a business establishment for entertainment; "night spot"
- a playing card with a specified number of pips on it to indicate its value; "an eight-spot"
- a mark on a die or on a playing card (shape depending on the suit) (同)pip
- a section of an entertainment that is assigned to a specific performer or performance; "they changed his spot on the program"
- a short section or illustration (as between radio or tv programs or in a magazine) that is often used for advertising
- make a spot or mark onto; "The wine spotted the tablecloth" (同)fleck, blob, blot
- detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I cant make out the faces in this photograph" (同)recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make_out, tell apart
- become spotted; "This dress spots quickly"
- the extent of a 2-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary; "the area of a rectangle"; "it was about 500 square feet in area" (同)expanse, surface_area
- a part of a structure having some specific characteristic or function; "the spacious cooking area provided plenty of room for servants"
- a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography); "it was a mountainous area"; "Bible country" (同)country
- a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve; "in the abdominal region" (同)region
- a subject of study; "it was his area of specialization"; "areas of interest include..."
- the approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in `in the region of' (同)neighborhood
- the extended spatial location of something; "the farming regions of France"; "religions in all parts of the world"; "regions of outer space" (同)part
- a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about; "it was a limited realm of discourse"; "here we enter the region of opinion"; "the realm of the occult" (同)realm
- a large indefinite location on the surface of the Earth; "penguins inhabit the polar regions"
- native to or confined to a certain region; "the islands have a number of interesting endemic species"
- a disease that is constantly present to a greater or lesser degree in people of a certain class or in people living in a particular location (同)endemic_disease
- a plant that is native to a certain limited area; "it is an endemic found only this island"
- of or relating to a disease (or anything resembling a disease) constantly present to greater or lesser extent in a particular locality; "diseases endemic to the tropics"; "endemic malaria"; "food shortages and starvation are endemic in certain parts of the world" (同)endemical
- pertaining to the surface of a body part; "a drug for topical (or local) application"; "a topical anesthesia"
- of interest at the present time; "a topical reference"; "a topical and timely study of civil liberty"
- of or relating to or arranged by topics; "a detailed record on both a chronological and a topical basis"
- a genus of Apodidae (同)genus Collocalia
- 『一地方の』,ある土地の,(特に)自分の住んでいる土地の;地方に特有な / (全体からみて)『部分的な』,局部の,狭い部分の / 《米》各駅停車の / 《話》《しばしば複数形で》その土地に住んでいる人々 / 《米話》(新聞の)地方記事 / 《話》(各駅停車の)列車,電車,バス / 《米》(労働組合などの)支部
- 『斑点』(はんてん),まだら,ぶち;(太陽の)黒点 / 『しみ』,よごれ;吹出物,にきび / (…に対する)汚名,汚点《+『on』+『名』》 / 『場所』,地点;部分,箇所 / (順序・組織における)位置;立場,おかれた状況 / 《a spot》《英話》(…の)少量,ちょっぴり(の…);(…の)1杯《+『of』+『名』》 / (ラジオ・テレビ番組の)構成区分 / …‘を'『しみで汚す』,‘に'汚れをつける;…‘に'斑点(はんてん)をつける,‘を'まだら(ぶち)にする;( …で)…‘に'しみ(斑点)をつける《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 〈人格・名声など〉‘を'汚す,傷つける / (特定の場所に)…‘を'置く,配置する / …‘を'見つける;(…だと)…‘を'見抜く《+『名』+『as』(『for』)+『名』》 / 〈インクなどが〉『しみになる』;〈布などが〉汚れる / 即座になされる,即時払いの(引き渡しの) / 現場での,現地の / (ラジオ・テレビで)番組の間に放送される / ちょうど,ぴったり(exactly)
- 〈U〉〈C〉『面積』 / 〈C〉『地域』,『地方』(region, district) / 〈C〉(活動・研究・興味などの及ぶ)『範囲』,『領域』(range)《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉《英》=areaway 1
- (地理的な)『地域』,『地帯』;(特に広大な)地方 / 《複数形で》(宇宙などの)区分,界,属 / (身体の)部分 / (学問などの)分野,領域 / 《複数形で》(都会から離れた)地方
- (特に病気が)ある地方(住民)に特有の,風土性の;(ある地方・住民に)特有の《+『to』+『名』》 / 風土病,地方病
- 時事問題の,今日的な,話題の / 地域の,地方の / 局部的な,局所の
||Look up local in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Local usually refers to something nearby, or in the immediate area.
Local may refer to:
- 1 Media and publishing
- 2 Computing
- 3 Mathematics
- 4 Other uses
- 5 See also
Media and publishing
- Local (novel), a 2001 novel written by Jaideep Varma
- Local (comics), a twelve-part Oni Press comic book limited series written by Brian Wood and illustrated by Ryan Kelly
- Local news, coverage of events in a local context which would not normally be of interest to those of other localities
- Local TV, a television broadcasting company which operates 20 television stations in the United States
- Local variable, a variable that is given local scope
- Locale, environment variables of operating systems for region- or language-specific formatting options
- .local, network address component
- Local class field theory, the study of abelian extensions of local fields
- Local field, a special type of field that is a locally compact topological field with respect to a non-discrete topology
- Local Fields (book), an algebraic number theory textbook by Jean-Pierre Serre
- Local-global principle, idea that one can find an integer solution to an equation using the Chinese remainder theorem
- Local martingale, a type of stochastic process, satisfying the localized version of the martingale property
- Local property, property which occurs on sufficiently small or arbitrarily small neighborhoods of points
- Local ring, the branch of commutative algebra that studies local rings and their modules
- Local symbol (disambiguation), uses in various subfields of mathematics
- Local zeta-function, a function whose logarithmic derivative is a generating function for the number of solutions of a set of equations defined over a finite field
- Local (train), a train serving local traffic demand
- Local anesthesia, any technique to induce the absence of sensation in part of the body
- Local government, a form of public administration, usually the lowest tier of administration
- Local union, a locally-based trade union organization which forms part of a larger union
- Pub, a drinking establishment, known as "locals" to regulars
- Internationalization and localization, adapting computer software to different languages or regions
- Local theory, a physical theory that obeys the principle of locality
- Local group (disambiguation)
- Localism (disambiguation)
- Locality (disambiguation)
- Localization (disambiguation)
- Locus (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "local"
- All pages with titles containing "local"
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- A Computational Network Biology Approach to Uncover Novel Genes Related to Alzheimer's Disease.
- Zanzoni A1.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.).Methods Mol Biol.2016;1303:435-46. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-2627-5_26.
- Recent advances in the fields of genetics and genomics have enabled the identification of numerous Alzheimer's disease (AD) candidate genes, although for many of them the role in AD pathophysiology has not been uncovered yet. Concomitantly, network biology studies have shown a strong link between pr
- PMID 26235083
- Analysis of Microglial Proliferation in Alzheimer's Disease.
- Gomez-Nicola D1, Perry VH.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.).Methods Mol Biol.2016;1303:185-93. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-2627-5_10.
- The expansion and activation of the microglial population is a hallmark of many neurodegenerative diseases. Despite this fact, little quantitative information is available for specific neurodegenerative disorders, particularly for Alzheimer's disease (AD). Determining the degree of local proliferati
- PMID 26235067
- Assessing Cell Cycle Independent Function of the CDK Inhibitor p21(CDKN1A) in DNA Repair.
- Dutto I1, Tillhon M, Prosperi E.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.).Methods Mol Biol.2016;1336:123-39. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-2926-9_11.
- The cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitor p21(CDKN1A) is a small protein that is able to regulate many important cell functions, often independently of its activity of CDK inhibitor. In addition to cell cycle, this protein regulates cell transcription, apoptosis, cell motility, and DNA repair. In
- PMID 26231713
- Indications for superselective intra-arterial cisplatin infusion and concomitant radiotherapy in cases of hypopharyngeal cancer.
- Furusawa J1, Homma A2, Onimaru R3, Sakashita T1, Yoshida D3, Hatakeyama H1, Mizumachi T1, Kano S1, Tsuchiya K3, Yasuda K3, Shirato H3, Fukuda S1.
- Auris, nasus, larynx.Auris Nasus Larynx.2015 Dec;42(6):443-8. doi: 10.1016/j.anl.2015.04.003. Epub 2015 Apr 28.
- OBJECTIVE: We retrospectively assessed the indications for superselective intra-arterial infusion of cisplatin with concomitant radiotherapy (RADPLAT) in patients with hypopharyngeal cancer (HPC).METHODS: Between April 2000 and March 2013, 41 previously untreated patients received superselective int
- PMID 25933585
- Consolidation of Non-Colloidal Spherical Particles at Low Particle Reynolds Numbers
- Galvin Kevin P.,Forghani Marveh,Doroodchi Elham,Iveson Simon M.
- KONA Powder and Particle Journal advpub(0), 2016
- … We have described this complex process using a simple constitutive model expressed as an elementary scaling law in time, t, applied at the local particle level. …
- NAID 130005087757
- Controlling of Segregation in Rotating Drums by Independent End Wall Rotations
- Kuo Hsiu-Po,Tseng Wei-Ting,Huang An-Ni
- KONA Powder and Particle Journal advpub(0), 2016
- … The end wall rotation causes the formation of the local valley and hill next to the wall. …
- NAID 130005085628
- Empirical identifiability in finite mixture models
- Kim Daeyoung,Lindsay Bruce G.
- Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics 67(4), 745-772, 2015-08
- NAID 40020527443
- 布教としてのパゴダ建立と「仏教繁栄」事業: ミャンマーにおけるタータナー・ピュ実践(〈特集〉現代東南アジアにおける宗教の越境現象: タイ,ミャンマーを中心に)
- 土佐 桂子
- 東南アジア研究 53(1), 137-164, 2015-07-31
- … pursuing personal spiritual enlightenment, etc.I examine thathana pyu activities motivated at the national and local levels: initiatives by government agencies and undertakings by religious communities, including pagoda-building initiatives by charismatic monks—with several questions in mind. …
- NAID 110009921613
- LOCAL とは LOCAL (ローカル) は、北海道における技術系地域コミュニティ (ユーザ会、勉強会等)
- local 【自動】〈話〉普通列車で行く[に乗る] 【名】 土地の人、地元の人、そ... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- Yahoo Local has business reviews, top rated services, and events near you. Use interactive maps, driving directions reviews and ratings to find the right service near you. ... Get ahead of the competition with an Enhanced Listing on ...
- external use, focal, focally, local, locally, topically
- circumscribed、definite、focal point、focally、foci、focus、local、localized、locally、nidal、nidus、topical、topically