- join a club, an activity, etc. with the intention to join or participate, "Sign up for yoga classes"
- used up; "time is up"
- raise; "up the ante"
- extending or moving toward a higher place; "the up staircase"; "a general upward movement of fish" (同)upward
- to a later time; "they moved the meeting date up"; "from childhood upward" (同)upwards, upward
- spatially or metaphorically from a lower to a higher position; "look up!"; "the music surged up"; "the fragments flew upwards"; "prices soared upwards"; "upwardly mobile" (同)upwards, upward, upwardly
- (used of computers) operating properly; "how soon will the computers be up?"
- (usually followed by `on or `for'
- being or moving higher in position or greater in some value; being above a former position or level; "the anchor is up"; "the sun is up"; "he lay face up"; "he is up by a pawn"; "the market is up"; "the corn is up"
- nearer to the speaker; "he walked up and grabbed my lapels"
- open; "the windows are up"
- to a higher intensity; "he turned up the volume"
- to a more central or a more northerly place; "was transferred up to headquarters"; "up to Canada for a vacation"
- place signs, as along a road; "sign an intersection"; "This road has been signed"
- (medicine) any objective evidence of the presence of a disorder or disease; "there were no signs of asphyxiation"
- a perceptible indication of something not immediately apparent (as a visible clue that something has happened); "he showed signs of strain"; "they welcomed the signs of spring" (同)mark
- a character indicating a relation between quantities; "dont forget the minus sign"
- a fundamental linguistic unit linking a signifier to that which is signified; "The bond between the signifier and the signified is arbitrary"--de Saussure
- a gesture that is part of a sign language
- a public display of a message; "he posted signs in all the shop windows"
- engage by written agreement; "They signed two new pitchers for the next season" (同)contract, sign on, sign_up
- approve and express assent, responsibility, or obligation; "All parties ratified the peace treaty"; "Have you signed your contract yet?" (同)ratify
- communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs; "He signed his disapproval with a dismissive hand gesture"; "The diner signaled the waiters to bring the menu" (同)signal, signalize, signalise
- mark with ones signature; write ones name (on); "She signed the letter and sent it off"; "Please sign here" (同)subscribe
- be engaged by a written agreement; "He signed to play the casino on Dec. 18"; "The soprano signed to sing the new opera"
- communicate in sign language; "I dont know how to sign, so I could not communicate with my deaf cousin"
- (chiefly British) of or appropriate to the upper classes especially in language use
- having a handwritten signature; "a signed letter"
- 《上への動作》『上へ』,上のほうへ / 《上の位置》『上に』,上のほうで / 『起こして』,立てて,直立して / (地図・紙面などの)『上へ(に)』,北のほうへ(に) / (遠くから)『近くへ,中心へ』;(周辺から)中心へ;(川下から)川上へ;(地方から)都会へ / (大きさ・量・価値・地位などが)『上のほうへ』,高く / (話者,話題の場所へ)『近づいて』,追いついて / 『活動して』,活動状態に / (物事・人が)現れて・起こって / 『すっかり』,完全に,終わって,…し尽くして / 保管(貯蔵)して;くるんだ(閉ざした)状態に / 《動詞を省略した命令文で》 / (野球・クリケットで)打席へ / (競技で)勝ち越して / (対抗の競技で)おのおの / 《移動・位置》『…の高いほうへ』,をのぼって;…の上のほうに / (川の)『上流へ』;(流れ・風)に逆らって;…の内陸(奥地)のほうへ / (自分が今いる所,またはある地点から前方へ)『…に沿って』 / 『上へ向かう』,(列車などが)上りの;上り坂の,(情勢などが)上向きの / 上り,上昇,上り坂 / 上昇気運,向上,幸運 / 上りの列車(バス・エレボーターなど) / 値上がり / …‘を'持ち上げる / …‘を'増大する,〈賃金・物価など〉‘を'引き上げる / 〈人〉‘を'昇進させる / 立ち上がる,起き上がる / 《and を伴って》急に(突然)…する
- (ある事実・状態・感情などの)『表れ』,印,気配,徴侯(indication);(…の)こん跡,計跡《+『of』+『名』》・『身ぶり』,手まね,合図 / 『標識』,看板 / (数学・音楽などの)記号 / (…の)『象徴』,シンボル(symbol)《+『of』+『名』》・《文》(…の)『前兆』,きざし《+『of』+『名』》・宮(きゅう)(黄道12区分の一つ) ・〈手紙・書類・作品など〉‘に'『署名する』・(…に)〈名前など〉‘を'書く《+『名』+『on』(『to』)+『名』》 / …‘を'雇う契約に署名する・…‘を'合図する,知らせる;…に合図する・署名する・契約書に署名して雇われる
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Exogenous IAA differentially affects growth, oxidative stress and antioxidants system in Cd stressed Trigonella foenum-graecum L. seedlings: Toxicity alleviation by up-regulation of ascorbate-glutathione cycle.
- Bashri G1, Prasad SM2.
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety.Ecotoxicol Environ Saf.2016 Oct;132:329-38. doi: 10.1016/j.ecoenv.2016.06.015. Epub 2016 Jun 23.
- In the present study, effect of exogenous indole-3-acetic acid at their different levels (i.e. low; IAAL, 10µM and high; IAAH, 100µM) were studied on growth, oxidative stress biomarkers and antioxidant enzymes (SOD, POD, CAT and GST), and metabolites (AsA and GSH) as well as enzymes (APX, GR and D
- PMID 27344401
- A novel gene mutation in PANK2 in a patient with severe jaw-opening dystonia.
- Yapici Z1, Akcakaya NH2, Tekturk P3, Iseri SA2, Ozbek U2.
- Brain & development.Brain Dev.2016 Sep;38(8):755-8. doi: 10.1016/j.braindev.2016.02.010. Epub 2016 May 13.
- Pantothenate kinase-associated neurodegeneration (PKAN) is a rare neurodegenerative condition. Major clinical features include progressive dystonia, pigmentary retinopathy, spasticity, and cognitive decline. The typical MRI sign of the disease, known as "eye-of-the-tiger", is what makes differential
- PMID 27185474
- Comparison of survival outcomes after recurrence detected by cancer antigen 125 elevation versus imaging study in epithelial ovarian cancer.
- Paik ES1, Kim TJ2, Lee YY1, Choi CH1, Lee JW1, Kim BG1, Bae DS1.
- Journal of gynecologic oncology.J Gynecol Oncol.2016 Sep;27(5):e46. doi: 10.3802/jgo.2016.27.e46. Epub 2016 May 9.
- OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study was to compare survival outcomes in two groups of patients with recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) with initial recurrence detection by cancer antigen 125 (CA-125) elevation or imaging, and underwent secondary cytoreductive surgery (SCS).METHODS: A retrospecti
- PMID 27329194
- Introduction: The Articulation-Sphere Approach to Humanitarian Assistance to East African Pastoralists
- The Potentiality for Development of Multiple Dural Arteriovenous Fistulas after Ligation of the Internal Jugular Vein: A Case Report
- Sign up for Facebook and find your friends. Create an account to start sharing photos and updates with people you know. It's easy to register. ... This is a standard security test that we use to prevent spammers from creating fake ...
- You can use any email address as the user name for your new Microsoft account, including addresses from Outlook.com, Yahoo! or Gmail. If you already sign in to a Windows PC, tablet, or phone, Xbox Live, Outlook.com, or ...