- give instructions or directions for some task; "She instructed the students to work on their pronunciation"
- make aware of; "Have the students been apprised of the tuition hike?" (同)apprise, apprize
- be a guiding or motivating force or drive; "The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses" (同)steer
- a structure or marking that serves to direct the motion or positioning of something
- someone who shows the way by leading or advising
- use as a guide; "They had the lights to guide on" (同)guide on
- pass over, across, or through; "He ran his eyes over her body"; "She ran her fingers along the carved figurine"; "He drew her hair through his fingers" (同)run, draw, pass
- mark with diacritics; "point the letter"
- a very small circular shape; "a row of points"; "draw lines between the dots" (同)dot
- an instant of time; "at that point I had to leave" (同)point in time
- repair the joints of bricks; "point a chimney" (同)repoint
- a V shape; "the cannibals teeth were filed to sharp points" (同)tip, peak
- a linear unit used to measure the size of type; approximately 1/72 inch
- a style in speech or writing that arrests attention and has a penetrating or convincing quality or effect
- one percent of the total principal of a loan; it is paid at the time the loan is made and is independent of the interest on the loan
- the unit of counting in scoring a game or contest; "he scored 20 points in the first half"; "a touchdown counts 6 points"
- the gun muzzles direction; "he held me up at the point of a gun" (同)gunpoint
- the property of a shape that tapers to a sharp tip (同)pointedness
- a wall socket (同)power_point
- an outstanding characteristic; "his acting was one of the high points of the movie" (同)spot
- a distinguishing or individuating characteristic; "he knows my bad points as well as my good points"
- sharp end; "he stuck the point of the knife into a tree"; "he broke the point of his pencil"
- a V-shaped mark at one end of an arrow pointer; "the point of the arrow was due north" (同)head
- a brief version of the essential meaning of something; "get to the point"; "he missed the point of the joke"; "life has lost its point"
- a geometric element that has position but no extension; "a point is defined by its coordinates"
- a promontory extending out into a large body of water; "they sailed south around the point"
- the object of an activity; "what is the point of discussing it?"
- the precise location of something; a spatially limited location; "she walked to a point where she could survey the whole street"
- be positionable in a specified manner; "The gun points with ease"
- indicate the presence of (game) by standing and pointing with the muzzle; "the dog pointed the dead duck"
- mark (a psalm text) to indicate the points at which the music changes
- mark (Hebrew words) with diacritics
- straightforward in means or manner or behavior or language or action; "a direct question"; "a direct response"; "a direct approach"
- having no intervening persons, agents, conditions; "in direct sunlight"; "in direct contact with the voters"; "direct exposure to the disease"; "a direct link"; "the direct cause of the accident"; "direct vote" (同)unmediated
- in precisely the same words used by a writer or speaker; "a direct quotation"; "repeated their dialog verbatim" (同)verbatim
- (of a current) flowing in one direction only; "direct current"
- be in charge of
- being an immediate result or consequence; "a direct result of the accident"
- command with authority; "He directed the children to do their homework"
- direct in spatial dimensions; proceeding without deviation or interruption; straight and short; "a direct route"; "a direct flight"; "a direct hit"
- give directions to; point somebody into a certain direction; "I directed them towards the town hall"
- guide the actors in (plays and films)
- lacking compromising or mitigating elements; exact; "the direct opposite"
- moving from west to east on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in the same direction as the Earth
- similar in nature or effect or relation to another quantity; "a term is in direct proportion to another term if it increases (or decreases) as the other increases (or decreases)"
- drive a coach
- a carriage pulled by four horses with one driver (同)four-in-hand, coach-and-four
- (sports) someone in charge of training an athlete or a team (同)manager, handler
- a person who gives private instruction (as in singing, acting, etc.) (同)private instructor, tutor
- teach and supervise (someone); act as a trainer or coach (to), as in sports; "He is training our Olympic team"; "She is coaching the crew" (同)train
- to state or express briefly; "indicated his wishes in a letter"
- indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively; "I showed the customer the glove section"; "He pointed to the empty parking space"; "he indicated his opponents" (同)point, designate, show
- suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline is indicated in such cases" (同)suggest
- the spatial relation between something and the course along which it points or moves; "he checked the direction and velocity of the wind"
- a message describing how something is to be done; "he gave directions faster than she could follow them" (同)instruction
- a line leading to a place or point; "he looked the other direction"; "didnt know the way home" (同)way
- a general course along which something has a tendency to develop; "I couldnt follow the direction of his thoughts"; "his ideals determined the direction of his career"; "they proposed a new direction for the firm"
- serving to instruct or enlighten or inform (同)informative
- (computer science) a kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the CPU chip (同)complex instruction set computer, CISC
- lacking information or instruction; "lamentably unenlightened as to the laws" (同)unenlightened, naive
- a book of directions for using or operating some piece of equipment
- failing to instruct
- …‘に'知識(情報,技術など)を与える,教える,知らせる / 〈人〉‘に'『指示する』,名令する
- 〈人〉‘を'『案内する』 / (…のことで)〈人〉‘に'『助言する』,‘を'指導する,導く《+『名』+『in』+『名』》 / 〈仕事・行動など〉‘を'『監督する』,管理する;…‘を'思い通りに動かす,支配する / 『指導者』,『案内人』,ガイド / 『指標』,道しるべ;規律 / 『旅行案内』[『書』];(…の)『手引き』,入門書《+『to』+『名』》 / 誘導装置,(外科用探針の)導子 / 《英》Girl Guidesの一員
- 〈C〉(針・鉛筆・剣などの)『とがった先』,(…の)先端《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉岬(みさき) / 〈C〉(小数点・句読点などの)点 / 〈C〉(図形上の)点 / 〈C〉(ある特定の)『地点』(spot),場所(place) / 〈C〉(計器の目盛りなどの)『点』,『度』 / 〈C〉時点,瞬間 / 〈C〉《単数形で》(物語・議論などの)『要点』,核心《+『of』(『in』)+『名』》 / 〈U〉(…の)『目的』,『意義』,ねらっている点《+『of』(『in』)+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈C〉(全体の中の)個々の項目,細目(item),細部(detail) / 〈C〉特徴(characteristic),特質(trait) / 〈C〉(競技・学校の成績などの)得点 / 〈C〉ポイント(活字の大きさの単位;約1/72インチの大きさ) / (…に)〈銃・指など〉‘を'『向ける』《+『名』+『at』(『to, toward』)+『名』》 / …‘に'『指し示す』《point+名+to+名…に…をさし示す》 / …‘の'先をとがらせる,‘に'先を付ける / …‘に'点を打つ;…‘に'小数点を付ける;…‘に'句読点を付ける / 〈猟犬が〉〈獲物〉‘を'指し示す / (…を)(指などで)『示す』,指し示す《+『at』(『to, toward』)+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈猟犬が〉獲物の位置を示す
- 『まっすぐな』,一直線の(straight),直進する / (列車などが途中駅に寄らずに)直行 / 直系の / 『直接の』,じかの / 『率直な』,単刀直入の / 全くの,絶対の / 原典どおりの / 『まっすぐに』,直行で / 〈事〉‘を'『指揮する』,監督する / 《文》〈人〉‘に'『命令する』,指図する / 〈人〉‘に'(…への)『道を教える』《+『名』〈人〉+『to』+『名』》 / (…に)〈目・注意・努力など〉‘を'『向ける』《+『名』+『to』(『at, toward』)+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈音楽・演劇・映画など〉‘を'『指揮する』,演出する,監督する / (…に)〈手紙など〉‘を'あてる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》
- (箱形・屋根付き)『大型四輪馬車』;(鉄道以前の)駅馬車 / (sleeping car, parlor carと区別して)普通客車 / 《米》大型バス;《英》長距離バス / (また『coacher』)(競技車・チームなどの)『コーチ』,監督;(野球で)(1塁・3塁の)走塁コーチ;(歌手・俳優などの)指導者;(受験指導の)家庭教師 / 〈米〉(飛行機・列車・バスなどの)普通席 / 〈チーム・学生など〉'を'『指導する』;…‘に'(…の)指導をする《+『名』+『for』+『名』/+『名』+『in』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 指導をする,コーチをする
- 『…‘を'表れ(徴侯)である』(show) / 『…‘を'指し示す』,指摘する / …‘を'簡単に述べる,知らせる
- 〈C〉〈U〉『方向』,方角;方面 / 〈C〉(思想・行動の)『傾向』,(事態が向かう)方向,(情報の)線 / 〈U〉『監督』,管理;指揮,指導 / 〈C〉《通例複数形で》(…についての)『指示』,指図,命令《+『for』(『about』)+『名』/+『asto』『名』(『wh-句』)》 / 〈U〉(音楽・演劇・映画などの)『指揮』,演出,監督
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Three-dimensional, soft neotissue arrays as high throughput platforms for the interrogation of engineered tissue environments.
- Floren M1, Tan W2.
- Biomaterials.Biomaterials.2015 Aug;59:39-52. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2015.04.036. Epub 2015 May 15.
- Local signals from tissue-specific extracellular matrix (ECM) microenvironments, including matrix adhesive ligand, mechanical elasticity and micro-scale geometry, are known to instruct a variety of stem cell differentiation processes. Likewise, these signals converge to provide multifaceted, mechano
- PMID 25956850
- Direct contact between dendritic cells and bronchial epithelial cells inhibits T cell recall responses towards mite and pollen allergen extracts in vitro.
- Papazian D1,2, Wagtmann VR2, Hansen S1, Würtzen PA2.
- Clinical and experimental immunology.Clin Exp Immunol.2015 Aug;181(2):207-18. doi: 10.1111/cei.12611. Epub 2015 Jun 11.
- Airway epithelial cells (AECs) form a polarized barrier along the respiratory tract. They are the first point of contact with airborne antigens and are able to instruct resident immune cells to mount appropriate immune responses by either soluble or contact-dependent mechanisms. We hypothesize that
- PMID 25707463
- Identification of Toxoplasma gondii protein fractions induce immune response against melanoma in mice.
- Boghozian R1, Saei A1, Mirzaei R1, Jamali A2, Vaziri B3, Razavi A4, Hadjati J1.
- APMIS : acta pathologica, microbiologica, et immunologica Scandinavica.APMIS.2015 Jul 8. doi: 10.1111/apm.12420. [Epub ahead of print]
- Dendritic cells (DCs) play a crucial role in the initiation of adaptive immune responses against tumor cells. We recently found that protein components of Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii) could mature DCs efficiently. Therefore, in this study, we aimed to find the most effective protein components of
- PMID 26152792
- Condensin I and II Complexes License Full Estrogen Receptor α-Dependent Enhancer Activation.
- Li W1, Hu Y2, Oh S2, Ma Q3, Merkurjev D3, Song X4, Zhou X4, Liu Z4, Tanasa B4, He X5, Chen AY4, Ohgi K4, Zhang J4, Liu W4, Rosenfeld MG6.
- Molecular cell.Mol Cell.2015 Jul 8. pii: S1097-2765(15)00441-4. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2015.06.002. [Epub ahead of print]
- Enhancers instruct spatio-temporally specific gene expression in a manner tightly linked to higher-order chromatin architecture. Critical chromatin architectural regulators condensin I and condensin II play non-redundant roles controlling mitotic chromosomes. But the chromosomal locations of condens
- PMID 26166704
- iPod touchを利用した顕微鏡実習指導用教具開発の試み
- 出野 卓也,での たくや,DENO Takuya
- 大阪教育大学紀要 第V部門 教育科学 60(2), 13-21, 2012-02-29
- … During microscopic observations of biology in primary school, junior high school, high school, college and so on, teachers frequently encounter with difficulty to instruct their students how to use their microscopes clearly and to indicate them what they should observe exactly. …
- NAID 120003933912
- 稲浦 綾
- 商経学叢 58(2), 43-55, 2011-12
- … I instruct in using some techniques of problem solving, view and clue of that, and so on. …
- NAID 120004206373
- 初任者への指導・支援に対する学校長の意識 －テキストマイニングによる分析を通じて－
- 米沢 崇,ヨネザワ タカシ,YONEZAWA Takashi
- 奈良教育大学紀要（人文・社会科学） 60(1), 169-175, 2011-11-30
- … 3) They consider it is important both mentor and colleagues instruct & support the novice teachers in their school. …
- NAID 120003573544
- instructとは。意味や和訳。[動](他)1 [III[名][副]]〈人・物が〉〈人に〉（…について）指示する((on, about ...))；[V[名]to do]〈人に〉指図[命令，指令，指示]して（…）させる，（…するよう）指図するa manual instructing the ...
- In El Reno, when you order a hamburger, an onion-fried burger is assumed, unless you instruct the cook to leave the onions out. ... She is never noisy nor troublesome; so they like to have her with them, and they like to talk to her ...
- instruct 【他動】 ～に（…について）指示する、指示して～させる、～に教える... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- chelation therapy is indicated in symptomatic patient.
- demonstrate、demonstration、denote、depict、designate、designation、dictate、direct、display、exhibit、give、indication、indicative、instruct、instruction、label、point、point out、present、reflect、represent、representation、show、signify、suggest
- Ca2+ has an adaptable coordination sphere that facilitates binding to the irregular geometry of proteins. The capacity of an ion to cross-link two proteins requires a high coordination number, which dictates the number of electron pairs that can be formed and generally is six to eight for Ca2+.(GOO.1647)