- mark with a spot or spots so as to allow easy recognition; "spot the areas that one should clearly identify"
- a small piece or quantity of something; "a spot of tea"; "a bit of paper"; "a bit of lint"; "I gave him a bit of my mind" (同)bit
- a small contrasting part of something; "a bald spot"; "a leopards spots"; "a patch of clouds"; "patches of thin ice"; "a fleck of red" (同)speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation
- a business establishment for entertainment; "night spot"
- a playing card with a specified number of pips on it to indicate its value; "an eight-spot"
- a mark on a die or on a playing card (shape depending on the suit) (同)pip
- a section of an entertainment that is assigned to a specific performer or performance; "they changed his spot on the program"
- a short section or illustration (as between radio or tv programs or in a magazine) that is often used for advertising
- make a spot or mark onto; "The wine spotted the tablecloth" (同)fleck, blob, blot
- detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I cant make out the faces in this photograph" (同)recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make_out, tell apart
- become spotted; "This dress spots quickly"
- mark with diacritics; "point the letter"
- a very small circular shape; "a row of points"; "draw lines between the dots" (同)dot
- an instant of time; "at that point I had to leave" (同)point in time
- repair the joints of bricks; "point a chimney" (同)repoint
- a V shape; "the cannibals teeth were filed to sharp points" (同)tip, peak
- a linear unit used to measure the size of type; approximately 1/72 inch
- a style in speech or writing that arrests attention and has a penetrating or convincing quality or effect
- one percent of the total principal of a loan; it is paid at the time the loan is made and is independent of the interest on the loan
- the unit of counting in scoring a game or contest; "he scored 20 points in the first half"; "a touchdown counts 6 points"
- the gun muzzles direction; "he held me up at the point of a gun" (同)gunpoint
- the property of a shape that tapers to a sharp tip (同)pointedness
- a wall socket (同)power_point
- an outstanding characteristic; "his acting was one of the high points of the movie" (同)spot
- a distinguishing or individuating characteristic; "he knows my bad points as well as my good points"
- sharp end; "he stuck the point of the knife into a tree"; "he broke the point of his pencil"
- a V-shaped mark at one end of an arrow pointer; "the point of the arrow was due north" (同)head
- a brief version of the essential meaning of something; "get to the point"; "he missed the point of the joke"; "life has lost its point"
- a geometric element that has position but no extension; "a point is defined by its coordinates"
- a promontory extending out into a large body of water; "they sailed south around the point"
- the object of an activity; "what is the point of discussing it?"
- the precise location of something; a spatially limited location; "she walked to a point where she could survey the whole street"
- be positionable in a specified manner; "The gun points with ease"
- indicate the presence of (game) by standing and pointing with the muzzle; "the dog pointed the dead duck"
- mark (a psalm text) to indicate the points at which the music changes
- mark (Hebrew words) with diacritics
- relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area; "local taxes"; "local authorities"
- public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops; "the local seemed to take forever to get to New York"
- affecting only a restricted part or area of the body; "local anesthesia"
- of or belonging to or characteristic of a particular locality or neighborhood; "local customs"; "local schools"; "the local citizens"; "a local point of view"; "local outbreaks of flu"; "a local bus line"
- mark with a dot; "dot your `is"
- the shorter of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code (同)dit
- scatter or intersperse like dots or studs; "Hills constellated with lights" (同)stud, constellate
- make a dot or dots
- mark with spots or blotches of different color or shades of color as if stained (同)streak, blotch
- an irregular arrangement of patches of color; "it was not dull grey as distance had suggested, but a mottle of khaki and black and olive-green"
- colour with streaks or blotches of different shades (同)dapple, cloud
- related or limited to a particular region; "a regional dialect"
- characteristic of a region; "regional flora"
- a spot that has been worn away by abrasion or erosion (同)fret
- having yellow spots
- 『斑点』(はんてん),まだら,ぶち;(太陽の)黒点 / 『しみ』,よごれ;吹出物,にきび / (…に対する)汚名,汚点《+『on』+『名』》 / 『場所』,地点;部分,箇所 / (順序・組織における)位置;立場,おかれた状況 / 《a spot》《英話》(…の)少量,ちょっぴり(の…);(…の)1杯《+『of』+『名』》 / (ラジオ・テレビ番組の)構成区分 / …‘を'『しみで汚す』,‘に'汚れをつける;…‘に'斑点(はんてん)をつける,‘を'まだら(ぶち)にする;( …で)…‘に'しみ(斑点)をつける《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / 〈人格・名声など〉‘を'汚す,傷つける / (特定の場所に)…‘を'置く,配置する / …‘を'見つける;(…だと)…‘を'見抜く《+『名』+『as』(『for』)+『名』》 / 〈インクなどが〉『しみになる』;〈布などが〉汚れる / 即座になされる,即時払いの(引き渡しの) / 現場での,現地の / (ラジオ・テレビで)番組の間に放送される / ちょうど,ぴったり(exactly)
- 〈C〉(針・鉛筆・剣などの)『とがった先』,(…の)先端《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉岬(みさき) / 〈C〉(小数点・句読点などの)点 / 〈C〉(図形上の)点 / 〈C〉(ある特定の)『地点』(spot),場所(place) / 〈C〉(計器の目盛りなどの)『点』,『度』 / 〈C〉時点,瞬間 / 〈C〉《単数形で》(物語・議論などの)『要点』,核心《+『of』(『in』)+『名』》 / 〈U〉(…の)『目的』,『意義』,ねらっている点《+『of』(『in』)+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈C〉(全体の中の)個々の項目,細目(item),細部(detail) / 〈C〉特徴(characteristic),特質(trait) / 〈C〉(競技・学校の成績などの)得点 / 〈C〉ポイント(活字の大きさの単位;約1/72インチの大きさ) / (…に)〈銃・指など〉‘を'『向ける』《+『名』+『at』(『to, toward』)+『名』》 / …‘に'『指し示す』《point+名+to+名…に…をさし示す》 / …‘の'先をとがらせる,‘に'先を付ける / …‘に'点を打つ;…‘に'小数点を付ける;…‘に'句読点を付ける / 〈猟犬が〉〈獲物〉‘を'指し示す / (…を)(指などで)『示す』,指し示す《+『at』(『to, toward』)+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈猟犬が〉獲物の位置を示す
- 『一地方の』,ある土地の,(特に)自分の住んでいる土地の;地方に特有な / (全体からみて)『部分的な』,局部の,狭い部分の / 《米》各駅停車の / 《話》《しばしば複数形で》その土地に住んでいる人々 / 《米話》(新聞の)地方記事 / 《話》(各駅停車の)列車,電車,バス / 《米》(労働組合などの)支部
- 『点』,ぽち,しみ / (ペンで書いたような)小点;終止符(period) / (通信の)短点 / …‘に'『点を打つ』 / (…を)…‘に'『点在させる』,散在させる《+『名』+『with』+『名』》 / …‘を'打つ,なぐる(hit)
- 《受動態で》…‘を'まだらにする,ぶちにする / ぶち,まだら,斑(はんてん)
- 専制[政治],独裁[政治] / 絶対的権力,暴政
The common noun or verb spot has many meanings in English.
Otherwise, Spot or SPOT may refer to:
- 1 Advertising
- 2 Fiction
- 3 Localities
- 4 Music
- 5 Biology
- 6 Other meanings
- 7 See also
- Radio spot
- TV spot
- Underwriting spot
- Spot the Dog, a series of children's books adapted for animation
- Spot (chicken), a character in 101 Dalmatians: The Series
- Spot (comics), a Spider-Man villain
- Spot (Star Trek), a pet cat in Star Trek: The Next Generation
- A character in the cartoon series Hong Kong Phooey
- A character in the animated series SpongeBob SquarePants
- A pet dragon in the TV series The Munsters
- A pet dog in the Dick and Jane textbook series
- Dairine's sentient computer in the Young Wizards series
- A deity in a sketch by Canadian comedy troupe The Kids In The Hall, who is initially assumed to be a harmless mistyping of "dog"
- The Spot, New South Wales, a locality in Sydney, Australia
- Spot (album), by the synthpop band And One
- Spot (music festival), a music festival held in Denmark
- SPOT (producer), the house producer and engineer for the label SST Records
- Spot (rapper/producer)
- Singing Priests of Tagbilaran, a Filipino musical group
- Jerry Chamberlain, the guitarist for the rock group the Swirling Eddies
- An acronym for "Sex Pistols On Tour Secretly", the name the Sex Pistols toured under in the United Kingdom
- Spot croaker, a fish (Leiostomus xanthurus)
- SpoT (Biology), a bacterial protein that hydrolizes (p)ppGpp
- Any of several typically spot-forming fungal or bacterial leaf diseases on plants, caused, for example, by Diplocarpon variants (black spot on roses)
- Pimple, a skin blemish
- Campbell de Morgan spots, small red spots on the skin (usually harmless)
- Metrorrhagia, vaginal bleeding not synchronized with a menstrual period
- Cool Spot, a mascot for 7 Up soft drinks
- Spot (professional wrestling), a pre-planned wrestling move or series of moves
- SPOT (satellite), Satellite Pour l'Observation de la Terre, Earth-observing satellite family
- SPOT Satellite Messenger
- SPoT Coffee, a coffee chain
- Spot date, a financial term
- Spot Fetcher, a dog owned by U.S. President George W. Bush
- Smart Personal Objects Technology, a Microsoft initiative
- Scott Draves, (known as 'Spot'), digital artist and VJ
- A nickname for a spotlight
- Old Australian and New Zealand slang for one hundred dollars
- "Screening passengers by observation techniques" (SPOT), an airport security technique
- Spots (cannabis), a method of smoking cannabis, often called hotknifing in the United States
- Single Point of Truth, a principle aimed at reducing duplication in software engineering
- USS Spot, an American submarine that served during World War II
- Spot market, a financial market in which financial instruments or commodities are traded for immediate delivery ("on the spot")
- Spot price, a financial term for price of trade done today
- All pages beginning with "Spot"
- Spotz (disambiguation)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Synthesis, spectroscopic and thermal studies of Mg(II), Ca(II), Sr(II) and Ba(II) diclofenac sodium complexes as anti-inflammatory drug and their protective effects on renal functions impairment and oxidative stress.
- El-Megharbel SM1, Hamza RZ2, Refat MS3.
- Spectrochimica acta. Part A, Molecular and biomolecular spectroscopy.Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc.2015 Jan 25;135:915-28. doi: 10.1016/j.saa.2014.07.101. Epub 2014 Aug 8.
- The main task of our present study is the preparation of newly complexes of Mg(II), Ca(II), Sr(II) and Ba(II) with diclofenac which succeeded to great extent in alleviating the side effects of diclofenac alone and ameliorating the kidney function parameters and antioxidant capacities with respect to
- PMID 25163458
- Metal ions bound to the human milk immunoglobulin A: metalloproteomic approach.
- Pozzi CM1, Braga CP2, Vieira JC1, Cavecci B1, Vitor de Queiroz J1, de Souza Barbosa H3, Arruda MA3, Gozzo FC3, Padilha Pde M1.
- Food chemistry.Food Chem.2015 Jan 1;166:492-7. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.06.040. Epub 2014 Jun 17.
- The presence of calcium, iron, and zinc bound to human milk secretory IgA (sIgA) was investigated. The sIgA components were first separated by two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and then identified by electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry (ESI MS MS). The metal ions were d
- PMID 25053085
- Ultrasonically triggered ignition at liquid surfaces.
- Simon LH1, Meyer L2, Wilkens V2, Beyer M2.
- Ultrasonics sonochemistry.Ultrason Sonochem.2015 Jan;22:235-42. doi: 10.1016/j.ultsonch.2014.06.009. Epub 2014 Jun 26.
- Ultrasound is considered to be an ignition source according to international standards, setting a threshold value of 1mW/mm(2)  which is based on theoretical estimations but which lacks experimental verification. Therefore, it is assumed that this threshold includes a large safety margin. At the
- PMID 25066472
- Effect of pH on the sonochemical synthesis of BiPO4 nanostructures and its electrochemical properties for pseudocapacitors.
- Nithya VD1, Hanitha B1, Surendran S1, Kalpana D2, Kalai Selvan R3.
- Ultrasonics sonochemistry.Ultrason Sonochem.2015 Jan;22:300-10. doi: 10.1016/j.ultsonch.2014.06.014. Epub 2014 Jul 5.
- Using sonochemical method, BiPO4 nanocrystals were prepared at different pH conditions (pH-1, 3, 5, 7, 9 & 12) for the possible applications of pseudocapacitor electrodes. The prepared BiPO4 nanocrystals belong to monoclinic structure with P21 space group. The SEM image revealed that the particl
- PMID 25060119
- Understanding the Second Industrial Revolution in America:a Student's Introduction
- Multiple layered metallic nanostructures for strong surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy enhancement
- ON THE SPOT 現場から 育成 ジュニアユースの指導
- ON THE SPOT 現場から バレーボールの傷害予防
- spot 【自動】 〔表面が〕染みで汚れる 〔人などが〕染みで汚す 《軍事》標的を... - アルクがお届けする進化するオンライン英和・和英辞書データベース。一般的な単語や連語から、イディオム、専門用語、スラングまで幅広く収録。
- SPOTの詳細 〒371－0821 群馬県前橋市上新田町939－1 TEL：027－251－8055 営業時間：10：00～19：00（18時30分までにご来店をお願い致しております。） 定休日：毎週水曜日
- macula lutea、macular、maculate
- pressure sensitive spot