- collapse due to fatigue, an illness, or a sudden attack (同)collapse
- prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations" (同)break off, discontinue, stop
- happen; "Report the news as it develops"; "These political movements recrudesce from time to time" (同)recrudesce, develop
- become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart" (同)separate, split up, fall_apart, come apart
- be broken in; "If the new teacher wont break, well add some stress"
- crack; of the male voice in puberty; "his voice is breaking--he should no longer sing in the choir"
- destroy the integrity of; usually by force; cause to separate into pieces or fragments; "He broke the glass plate"; "She broke the match"
- diminish or discontinue abruptly; "The patients fever broke last night"
- fall sharply; "stock prices broke"
- render inoperable or ineffective; "You broke the alarm clock when you took it apart!"
- weaken or destroy in spirit or body; "His resistance was broken"; "a man broken by the terrible experience of near-death"
- vary or interrupt a uniformity or continuity; "The flat plain was broken by tall mesas"
- (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving; "he was up two breaks in the second set" (同)break of serve
- an escape from jail; "the breakout was carefully planned" (同)breakout, jailbreak, gaolbreak, prisonbreak, prison-breaking
- an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account" (同)interruption, disruption, gap
- a sudden dash; "he made a break for the open door"
- the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break" (同)good_luck, happy chance
- an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion); "then there was a break in her voice"
- the occurrence of breaking; "the break in the dam threatened the valley"
- interrupt a continued activity; "She had broken with the traditional patterns" (同)break away
- break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree" (同)break off, snap off
- move away or escape suddenly; "The horses broke from the stable"; "Three inmates broke jail"; "Nobody can break out--this prison is high security" (同)break_out, break away
- destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set" (同)break_up
- force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up; "break into tears"; "erupt in anger" (同)burst, erupt
- ruin completely; "He busted my radio!" (同)bust
- be released or become known; of news; "News of her death broke in the morning" (同)get_out, get_around
- go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely" (同)wear, wear_out, bust, fall_apart
- become punctured or penetrated; "The skin broke"
- cause the failure or ruin of; "His peccadilloes finally broke his marriage"; "This play will either make or break the playwright"
- cause to give up a habit; "She finally broke herself of smoking cigarettes"
- change directions suddenly
- change suddenly from one tone quality or register to another; "Her voice broke to a whisper when she started to talk about her children"
- come forth or begin from a state of latency; "The first winter storm broke over New York"
- come into being; "light broke over the horizon"; "Voices broke in the air"
- come to an end; "The heat wave finally broke yesterday"
- curl over and fall apart in surf or foam, of waves; "The surf broke"
- emerge from the surface of a body of water; "The whales broke"
- exchange for smaller units of money; "I had to break a $100 bill just to buy the candy"
- find a flaw in; "break an alibi"; "break down a proof"
- find the solution or key to; "break the code"
- give up; "break cigarette smoking"
- happen or take place; "Things have been breaking pretty well for us in the past few months"
- interrupt the flow of current in; "break a circuit"
- invalidate by judicial action; "The will was broken"
- make a rupture in the ranks of the enemy or ones own by quitting or fleeing; "The ranks broke"
- make the opening shot that scatters the balls
- pierce or penetrate; "The blade broke her skin"
- scatter or part; "The clouds broke after the heavy downpour"
- separate from a clinch, in boxing; "The referee broke the boxers"
- undergo breaking; "The simple vowels broke in many Germanic languages"
- to a lower intensity; "he slowly phased down the light until the stage was completely black"
- soft fine feathers (同)down feather
- (American football) a complete play to advance the football; "you have four downs to gain ten yards"
- fine soft dense hair (as the fine short hair of cattle or deer or the wool of sheep or the undercoat of certain dogs) (同)pile
- (usually plural) a rolling treeless highland with little soil
- understood perfectly; "had his algebra problems down" (同)down pat, mastered
- extending or moving from a higher to a lower place; "the down staircase"; "the downward course of the stream" (同)downward
- spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position; "dont fall down"; "rode the lift up and skied down"; "prices plunged downward" (同)downwards, downward, downwardly
- cause to come or go down; "The policeman downed the heavily armed suspect"; "The mugger knocked down the old lady after she refused to hand over her wallet" (同)knock down, cut_down, push down, pull down
- shoot at and force to come down; "the enemy landed several of our aircraft" (同)shoot down, land
- away from a more central or a more northerly place; "was sent down to work at the regional office"; "worked down on the farm"; "came down for the wedding"; "flew down to Florida"
- becoming progressively lower; "the down trend in the real estate market"
- being or moving lower in position or less in some value; "lay face down"; "the moon is down"; "our team is down by a run"; "down by a pawn"; "the stock market is down today"
- being put out by a strikeout; "two down in the bottom of the ninth"
- bring down or defeat (an opponent)
- from an earlier time; "the story was passed down from father to son"
- in an inactive or inoperative state; "the factory went down during the strike"; "the computer went down again"
- not functioning (temporarily or permanently); "we cant work because the computer is down"
- paid in cash at time of purchase; "put ten dollars down on the necklace"
- shut; "the shades were down"
- travel or traverse (a distance); "This car does 150 miles per hour"; "We did 6 miles on our hike every day"
- the syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization (同)doh, ut
- proceed or get along; "How is she doing in her new job?"; "How are you making out in graduate school?"; "Hes come a long way" (同)fare, make_out, come, get along
- create or design, often in a certain way; "Do my room in blue"; "I did this piece in wood to express my love for the forest" (同)make
- carry on or function; "We could do with a little more help around here" (同)manage
- get (something) done; "I did my job" (同)perform
- English physician who first described Downs syndrome (1828-1896) (同)John L. H. Down
- …'を'『壊す』,割る,砕く;…'を'折る / …'を'擦りむく / …'を'『役に立たなくする』,壊す / (小さな物に)〈組になった物〉'を'分ける,ばらす,〈お金〉'を'くずす《+『名』+『into』+『名』》 / 〈垣・へいなど〉'を'破って出る / 〈法律・規則・約束など〉'を'『破る』,犯す / 〈均整・秩序・配列など〉'を'破る,くずす;〈持続しているもの〉'を'中止する,妨げる / 〈記録〉'を'破る,更新する / (…に)…'を'打ち明ける,知らせる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / …'を'破産させる,倒産させる / 〈気力・抵抗など〉'を'くじく;〈力・効果・強度〉'を'弱める / (…に)…‘の'位を下げる,…'を'降等させる《+『名』+『to』+『名』》 / 〈動物〉'を'ならす / 〈人〉‘の'(…の)癖を直す《+『名』〈人〉+『of』+『名』(do『ing』)》 / 〈暗号など〉'を'解読する;〈事件・問題など〉を解決する,解く / 《しばしば副詞[句]を伴って》『壊れる』,砕ける,割れる;破れる,破裂する / ぷっつりと切れる;中断する,途切れる;《米》仕事を中断する / はずれる,離れる,分離する《+『off』(『away』)》 / 故障する,壊れる,動かなくなる / 突然始まる;突然変化する / 夜が明ける / 〈健康・気力などが〉衰える,弱る;〈心が〉悲しみに打ちひしがれる / 〈株・価格などが〉急落する,暴落する / 壊れた箇所,裂け目,割れ目 / 中断,途切れ;不和,仲たがい / 休憩時間,小休止 / 逃亡計画,脱獄 / (…に向かっての)突進 / 急な変化,顕著な変化 / 夜明け / 《話》運,機会
- (高い所から)『下へ』,降りて,地面へ / (地理・地図上)南へ,下町へ;(風・流れなどが)『下(しも)手へ』;《英》(都会・大学から)地方へ,離れて / (価格・品質・温度などが)『下がって』,(数量・スピードなどが)少なく,減じて,(濃度が)薄く / (健康・風の勢いなどが)『衰えて』,気分が沈んで / (時代などが)下がって,…に至るまで / (身分・地位が)下がって / (紙面に)書き留めて,記録して / (頭金を)現金で,即金で / 最後まで,徹底的に / しっかりと,動けないように / (高い所から)…『を下がって』;…『に沿って』;…の向こうに / …の下流に / …以来 / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》『下りの』,下への / 《名詞の前にのみ用いて》(列車・バスなどが)下りの / 《補語にのみ用いて》下に,下がって / 《補語にのみ用いて》弱まった,おさまった;落胆した,元気のない / 《補語にのみ用いて》(勝負で)負けて,すって / 《補語にのみ用いて》《おもに米話》(野球で)アウト / …‘を'打倒する,負かす,撃ち落とす / …‘を'飲み干す,飲み込む / 下り,下降 / 《複数形で》不運,逆境
- (鳥の)綿毛,うぶ毛,下羽 / (植物・果実の表面の)柔らかい毛
- なだらかな草原地,丘陵地帯(特にイングランド南部の小高い白亜質の草原地the Downsを言う)
- 《疑問文・否定文を作る》 / 《否定命令文を作る》 / 《助動詞とbe動詞のどちらも含まない文に用いて付加疑問を作る》 / 《強意語として》 / 《文》《助動詞とbe動詞のどちらも含まない文に用いて倒置文を作る》 / 《あいづちを打つ場合に》 / 《先行する動詞またはそれを含む述部の代用》 / 《so,nor,neitherで始まる簡略文で》 / …‘を'『する』,行う,果たす / 《通例have done,時にbe doneの形で》…‘を'『終える』,済ませる / …‘を'作る,作り出す / …‘を'『処理する』,整える,片付ける / 〈学課〉‘を'『勉強する』,専攻する / 〈利益・害など〉‘を'与える,もたらす / 〈人〉‘に'『役立つ』,用が足りる(serve) / …の速度で進む,距離を行く / …‘を'見物する / 〈劇〉‘を'上演する;…‘の'役を演じる / …の役目(仕事)をする / 《おもに英》…‘を'だます,かつぐ / 《話》…をへとへとにさせる / 『する』;活動する / 《通例have done,時にbe doneの形で》(…を)『終える』,済ます《+『with』+『名』》 / 〈事が〉『運ぶ』;〈人が〉暮らしていく,健康である / 〈物が〉(…に)『間に合う』,十分である;〈人が〉(…に)役に立つ,向く《+『for』+『名』》 / 《複数形で》すべきこと / 〈C〉《おもに英》大宴会,大パーティー / 〈C〉《英話》詐欺,ぺてん
||Look up break down or breakdown in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Breakdown may refer to:
- 1 Breaking down
- 2 People
- 3 Books
- 4 Art
- 5 Comics and games
- 6 Film and television
- 7 Music
- 8 See also
- Breakdown (vehicle), failure of a motor vehicle in such a way that it cannot be operated
- Chemical decomposition, also called chemical breakdown, the breakdown of a substance into simpler components
- Decomposition, the process by which tissues of a dead organism break down into simpler forms of matter
- Drop set, also called a breakdown, a bodybuilding and weight training technique
- Electrical breakdown, the failure of an electric circuit or a rapid reduction in the resistance of an electrical insulator that can lead to a spark
- Mental breakdown, an acute, time-limited phase of exhibiting symptoms of a specific order, most commonly, depression and anxiety.
- Script breakdown, a step in the production of a play, film, or comic book
- Lance Hoyt (born 1977), American professional wrestler who previously used the ring name Breakdown
- Breakdown (book), a book by Bill Gertz regarding the policies of the United States intelligence services during the Clinton administration
- Break Down (Landy artwork), a 2001 artwork by Michael Landy
Comics and games
- Breakdown (comics), a 2000s comic written by Chuck Dixon, and drawn by Dave Ross, about Paragon, the world's first superhero
- Breakdowns (comics), 1977 collection of comics by Art Spiegelman
- Breakdown (Transformers), several fictional characters in the various Transformers universes
- Breakdown (video game), a 2004 first-person action game for the Xbox, noted for flawed gameplay mechanics and deeper method of storytelling
Film and television
- Breakdown (1952 film), a film noir starring Ann Richards
- Breakdown (1997 film), a 1997 thriller starring Kurt Russell
- Breakdown (2014 film)
- Breakdown: In Your House, a 1998 professional wrestling pay-per-view event
- Breakdown (music), an instrumental or percussion section or interlude during a song
- Breakdown (band), a 1980s New York hardcore band
- Breakdown (Melissa Etheridge album), a 1999 Melissa Etheridge album
- Breakdown (Old and in the Way album), a 1997 bluegrass album by Old and in the Way
- Breakdown (Paulinho da Costa album), a 1987 fusion studio album by Paulinho da Costa
- Break Down (EP), a 2011 mini album by South Korean Kim Hyun Joong of SS501
- Break Down (album), a 2013 album by South Korean boy band Super Junior M
- "Breakdown" (Fu-Schnickens song), 1994
- "Breakdown" (Group 1 Crew song), 2010
- "Breakdown" (Jack Johnson song), 2005
- "Breakdown" (Mariah Carey song), 1998
- "Breakdown" (Seether song), 2008
- "Breakdown" (Tantric song), 2001
- "Breakdown" (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers song), 1977 (later covered by Grace Jones)
- "Breakdown", a song by Daughtry from the album Daughtry
- "Breakdown", a song by Gravity Kills from Superstarved
- "Breakdown", a song by Guns N' Roses from Use Your Illusion II
- "Breakdown", a song by J. Cole from Cole World: The Sideline Story
- "Breakdown", a song by Meg & Dia from Cocoon
- "Breakdown", a song by Breaking Benjamin from We Are Not Alone
- "Breakdown," a song by The Alan Parsons Project from the album I Robot 1978
- "Breakdown", a song by Black Gold
- "Breakdown", a song by Clock DVA, 1983
- "The Breakdown", a song by Parliament, 1971
- All pages beginning with "Breakdown"
- All pages with titles containing "Breakdown"
- Broken Down (disambiguation)
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- Down-expression pattern of Ku70 and p53 coexisted in colorectal cancer.
- Lu Y1, Gao J, Lu Y.
- Medical oncology (Northwood, London, England).Med Oncol.2015 Apr;32(4):519. doi: 10.1007/s12032-015-0519-9. Epub 2015 Mar 4.
- To address the relationship of altered expression of double-strand break repair proteins Ku70 and p53 in clinical colorectal cancer (CRC), we examined the expression pattern of Ku70 and p53 by using fluorescent immunohistochemistry and real-time PCR assays in CRC and pericancerous samples from 152 C
- PMID 25731619
- Functional and taxonomic plant diversity for riverbank protection works: Bioengineering techniques close to natural banks and beyond hard engineering.
- Cavaillé P1, Ducasse L2, Breton V2, Dommanget F2, Tabacchi E3, Evette A2.
- Journal of environmental management.J Environ Manage.2015 Mar 15;151:65-75. doi: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2014.09.028. Epub 2014 Dec 20.
- Erosion control is a major issue in the Prealps region since piedmont is subject to both intense flood hazards and anthropic pressure. Riverbank protections may have major impacts on local ecosystem functioning and ecological corridor continuity. This study aimed to estimate the effects of the types
- PMID 25532058
- Divide et impera: subgoaling reduces the complexity of probabilistic inference and problem solving.
- Maisto D1, Donnarumma F2, Pezzulo G3.
- Journal of the Royal Society, Interface / the Royal Society.J R Soc Interface.2015 Mar 6;12(104):20141335. doi: 10.1098/rsif.2014.1335.
- It has long been recognized that humans (and possibly other animals) usually break problems down into smaller and more manageable problems using subgoals. Despite a general consensus that subgoaling helps problem solving, it is still unclear what the mechanisms guiding online subgoal selection are d
- PMID 25652466
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases in bovine luteal cells induced by prostaglandin F2α, interferon γ and tumor necrosis factor α
- , ,
- Journal of Reproduction and Development advpub(0), 2015
- … These results suggest a new role of MMPs: luteal MMPs stimulated by PGF and IFNG break down the extracellular matrix surrounding luteal cells, which accelerates detachment from the CL during luteolysis, providing an essential prerequisite for outflow of luteal cells from the CL to lymphatic vessels. …
- NAID 130005066986
- 原田 真琴,上原 聡司,高奈 秀匡,西山 秀哉
- 日本機械学会論文集 advpub(0), 2015
- … It is shown that a MR fluid cluster shuts down a branch leakage flow without reducing main flow by measuring a mass flow rate of MR fluid in a branch channel under magnetic field. … Furthermore, the break down behavior of clusters formed in a branch channel was experimentally analyzed by visualizing the flow dynamics of MR fluid cluster in order to clarify the difference in endurance pressure depending on the pipe materials. …
- NAID 130005005092
- SS501 のリーダーとして韓国のみならず日本、中国、台湾などで絶大な人気を誇るアジアを代表するアーティストのキム・ヒョンジュン。今回、初となるソロミニアルバム『Break Down』では、バラードからダンス曲まで様々な魅力を感じる ...
- break downとは。意味や和訳。(自)(1)〈物が〉つぶれる，崩れ落ちる. ⇒(自)1(2)〈交渉・計画などが〉行き詰まる，挫折(ざせつ)する；〈規則・協定などが〉効力を失う，守られなくなる.(3)〈人が〉（感情などを）抑え切れなくなる，わっ ...
- carry out、conduct、execute、make、perform、practice、undertake