- dearth、deficit、in short、insufficiency、insufficient、lack、paucity、scarce、scarcity、short、shortness
- without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold; "he made his fortune by selling short just before the crash"
- the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- low in stature; not tall; "he was short and stocky"; "short in stature"; "a short smokestack"; "a little man" (同)little
- lacking foresight or scope; "a short view of the problem"; "shortsighted policies"; "shortsighted critics derided the plan"; "myopic thinking" (同)shortsighted, unforesightful, myopic
- at a disadvantage; "I was caught short" (同)unawares
- (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length; "short skirts"; "short hair"; "the board was a foot short"; "a short toss"
- at some point or distance before a goal is reached; "he fell short of our expectations"
- clean across; "the cars axle snapped short"
- not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices; "a short sale"; "short in cotton"
- of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration; "the English vowel sounds in `pat, `pet, `pit, `pot, putt are short"
- primarily temporal sense; indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration; "a short life"; "a short flight"; "a short holiday"; "a short story"; "only a few short months"
- so as to interrupt; "She took him up short before he could continue"
- tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening; "shortbread is a short crumbly cookie"; "a short flaky pie crust"
- (sports) the score by which a team or individual is losing
- a deficiency or failure in neurological or mental functioning; "the people concerned have a deficit in verbal memory"; "they have serious linguistic deficits"
- an excess of liabilities over assets (usually over a certain period); "last year there was a serious budgetary deficit"
- the property of being an amount by which something is less than expected or required; "new blood vessels bud out from the already dilated vascular bed to make up the nutritional deficit" (同)shortage, shortfall
- a lack of competence; "pointed out the insufficiencies in my report"; "juvenile offenses often reflect an inadequacy in the parents" (同)inadequacy
- (pathology) inability of a bodily part or organ to function normally
- lack of an adequate quantity or number; "the inadequacy of unemployment benefits" (同)inadequacy, deficiency
- the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable; "there is a serious lack of insight into the problem"; "water is the critical deficiency in desert regions"; "for want of a nail the shoe was lost" (同)deficiency, want
- the condition of being short of something; "there was no shortness of money"; "can cause shortness of breath"
- the property of being truncated or short (同)truncation
- the property of being of short spatial extent; "the shortness of the Channel crossing"
- the property of being of short temporal extent; "the shortness of air travel time"
- the property of being shorter than average stature
- (長さ・時間・距離などが)『短い』,近い・(人が)『背が低い』・(数量・期間などが)不足の』,乏しい;目標(標準)に達しない・(文などが)『簡潔な』,手短な・『そっけない』,ぞんぞいな,無愛想な・(ケーキなどが)かりかりする,さくさくする・(母音・音節が)短い;(詩の行の母音が)強勢のない・急に,突然・短いもの;欠けているもの・短篇映画(short movie, short subject) ・=short circuit・《複数形で》不足,欠損 / …‘を'短絡させる,ショートさせる / 短絡する,ショートする
- …‘を'『欠く』,‘が'ない(受動態にできない) / (…になるまでに)…‘だけ'不足する《+『名』+『of』[『being』]+『名』》 / 〈U〉《時にa~》(必要なものの)『欠乏』,不足;(…が)ないこと《+『of』+『名』》 / 〈C〉欠けて(不足して)いるもの
全文を閲覧するには購読必要です。 To read the full text you will need to subscribe.
- "Endeavoring to Carry On Their Work": The National Debate Over Midwives and Its Impact in Rhode Island, 1890-1940.
- Caron SM1.
- Nursing history review : official journal of the American Association for the History of Nursing.Nurs Hist Rev.2017;25(1):26-53. doi: 10.1891/1062-8061.25.26.
- This article analyzes the national discourse over "the problem" of midwifery in medical literature and examines the impact of this dialogue on Rhode Island from 1890 to 1940. Doctors did not speak as a monolithic bloc on this "problem": some blamed midwives while others impugned poorly trained physi
- PMID 27502612
- SERS nanoprobes for the monitoring of endogenous nitric oxide in living cells.
- Cui J1, Hu K1, Sun JJ1, Qu LL2, Li DW3.
- Biosensors & bioelectronics.Biosens Bioelectron.2016 Nov 15;85:324-30. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2016.04.094. Epub 2016 Apr 30.
- Nitric Oxide (NO) is a significant gaseous signalling molecule in various pathological and physiological pathways, whereas many of its functions are still ambiguous in part because of the shortage of powerful detection approaches. Herein, we present a type of reaction-based surface-enhanced Raman sc
- PMID 27183283
- Re-manufacture of cobalt-manganese-bromide as a liquid catalyst from spent catalyst containing cobalt generated from petrochemical processes via hydrometallurgy.
- Joo SH1, Shin DJ2, Oh CH2, Wang JP3, Shin SM4.
- Journal of hazardous materials.J Hazard Mater.2016 Nov 15;318:24-31. doi: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2016.06.008. Epub 2016 Jun 6.
- Cobalt and manganese have been the subject of individual separation studies because their fields of application are different. However, this study shows that high-value products can be manufactured in the form of a cobalt-manganese-bromide (CMB) liquid catalyst by simultaneously recovering cobalt an
- PMID 27391861
- 特集 職人がいなくなる!! : オリンピックと10年後に備えて
- 遠隔画像診断と病診連携事例続報 : 検査数の傾向考察 (JTTA 2015 SENDAI 第19回日本遠隔医療学会学術大会)
- shortageとは。意味や和訳。[名]1 [U][C]（…の）不足，欠乏((of ...))a shortage of grain穀物不足The housing shortage is very acute.住宅不足は深刻である.2 不足高[額]. - goo英和辞書は14万項目以上を収録し、発音、音声、慣用句 ...
- dearth、deficient、deficit、dysfunction、failing、failure、hypofunction、imperfecta、in short、inadequate、incompetence、insufficient、insufficiently、lack、low、malfunction、paucity、poorly、regurgitation、scanty、scarce、scarcity、short、shortage、shortness、stun
- agenesis, dearth, defect, defective, deficiency, deficient, deletion, deletional, depletion, deprivation, deprive, drawback, fault, flaw, in short, insufficiency, insufficient, lack, miss, missing, paucity, scarce, scarcity, short, shortage, shortness, starve
- deficit、lack、insufficiency、shortage、paucity、shortness、dearth、scarcity、insufficient、short、scarce、in short
- abbreviated、brevis、brief、dearth、deficit、in short、insufficiency、insufficient、lack、paucity、poor、scant、scanty、scarce、scarcity、shortage、shortness
- dearth、deficiency、deficient、deficit、depletion、deprivation、deprive、in short、infrequent、infrequently、insufficiency、insufficient、lack、paucity、rare、rarely、scarcity、short、shortage、shortness、starve、uncommonly