- the quality of being obviously directed at a particular person or thing; "the pointedness of his sarcasm was unmistakable"
- the property of having only a dull tip (if any)
- Influence of sex and habitat on the size and shape of anal and dorsal fins of the blackstripe topminnow Fundulus notatus.
- Welsh DP1, Fuller RC.
- Journal of fish biology.J Fish Biol.2015 Jan;86(1):217-27. doi: 10.1111/jfb.12564. Epub 2014 Nov 27.
- The size and shape of the anal and dorsal fin in the blackstripe topminnow Fundulus notatus from lake and stream habitats across multiple ages and sexes were examined. Differences in the size and shape of anal and dorsal fins were sex-specific and not related to habitat differences. Males have longe
- PMID 25429896
- Interactions between a Candidate Gene for Migration (ADCYAP1), Morphology and Sex Predict Spring Arrival in Blackcap Populations.
- Mettler R1,2, Segelbacher G3, Schaefer HM1.
- PloS one.PLoS One.2015 Dec 18;10(12):e0144587. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0144587. eCollection 2015.
- Avian research has begun to reveal associations between candidate genes and migratory behaviors of captive birds, yet few studies utilize genotypic, morphometric, and phenological data from wild individuals. Previous studies have identified an association between ADCYAP1 polymorphism and autumn migr
- PMID 26684459
- Morphological change to birds over 120 years is not explained by thermal adaptation to climate change.
- Salewski V1, Siebenrock KH2, Hochachka WM3, Woog F4, Fiedler W2.
- PloS one.PLoS One.2014 Jul 14;9(7):e101927. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0101927. eCollection 2014.
- Changes in morphology have been postulated as one of the responses of animals to global warming, with increasing ambient temperatures leading to decreasing body size. However, the results of previous studies are inconsistent. Problems related to the analyses of trends in body size may be related to
- PMID 25019159
- THE MECHANISM OF A TENDENCY TO DRAW FIGURES FACING IN THE LEFTWARD DIRECTION
- 藤沢 伸介
- 跡見学園女子大学紀要 26, A51-A64, 1993-03-20
- … The results show that (1) fixed behavior is accounted for by three factors : forcefulness, meticulousness, and randomness, (2) the figurations of concrete objects are accounted for by three other factors : pointedness, receptiveness, and mobility, and (3) abstract symbols are highly correlated with the factors affecting the fixed behavior. …
- NAID 110004645545
- There is, then, the second point cleared up, or nearly so," said Eugenie, without the least confusion, and with that masculine pointedness which distinguished her gesture and her language; "and you appear satisfied with the ...
- Synonyms for pointedness at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day. ... Relevance ranks synonyms and suggests the best matches based on how closely a synonym’s ...